[FM11]Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - National Hero to Global Icon (hopefully...)

rancer890

Living in Vancouver, there's tons of stories about Dmitra right now. However, its a tragedy throughout all of international hockey. Worst summer in hockey history that I can think of, given the deaths of former enforcers as well.

As for Canada...yikes! Tough road since the Gold Cup!

Anyone who's been a fan of an NHL team will have a connection with one of these players.

6 consecutive losses... :(

Hopefully the likes of Barbados or the British Virgin Islands can stop this losing streak in World Cup Qualifying 2nd Round in 2028. :)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2027-2028 Season Review - Reading FC - English Barclays Premier League

200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - A great season overall. We had some struggles but we hung in there to win the title.

FA Cup - A fantastic run in the FA Cup, and completed by a win in the Final.

Carling Cup - Another solid run to the Final, but we lost to Man City.

FIFA Club World Cup - It was a straightforward couple games. We weren't dominating in the final, but we still won.

UEFA Super Cup - Up against Europa League winners Chelsea, we narrowly win on penalties.

UEFA Champions League - A fantastic run in the Group Stages, including an 8-0 win against Standard. But we did poorly in the 2nd leg of the 1st Knockout Round and we got an early exit from Europe.

Transfers - The key ones:

Daniel Bailey - a solid depth signing who did the job when he was needed

Karim Mohamed - great player who helped out at a lot of different positions before his unfortunate injury

Graziano Puglisi - backup goalkeeper who I hope will develop into someone special back at his club, because I have no interest in acquiring him permanently.

Jack Kimani - the 20 year old wonderkid didn't produce as well as I thought, but he's only 20 and I'm sure he can learn some English in the off-season so he can communicate with the other players and score more goals.

Squad - The key players:

GK - Rui Mendes - solid as usual. A very reliable keeper

DR - Borja - he finally scored his first goal for Reading! And he was his consistent self all season

DC - Julius Bengondo - scored some very timely goals

MR - Adama Haidara - he had a breakout season with all those assists he got

MC - Kevin Banda - a steady presence all season

MC - Renato Bunjaku - Another solid season from the German international

ST - Claudio Marra - he had a very slow start to the season but found his scoring touch and just kept scoring goals

ST - Sega N'Diaye - fantastic season although he did go on a goal drought during the season so he didn't get 40.

Overview | Facilities | Affiliations | Finances

Still a Reading Icon. :cool:

Off season Goals

1. Getting a centre back to pair up with Bengondo

2. Improve Champions League performance

3. Hopefully N'Diaye and/or Marra can score 40 goals next season!

Summary

Year        Team                 Country       League           Position                       Notes and Info  Attendance
2011        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         3rd                                  N/A       1,496
2012        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st                   Lost Playoff Final       1,512
2013        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st                        PDL Champions       1,558    
2014        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st             Lost Western Conf. Final       1,572
2015        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         N/A                     Resigned June 27       1,574
2015-2016   Persipura Jayapura   Indonesia     Divisi Utama          1st   Piala Indonesia winners, Promotion      13,060
2016-2017   Persipura Jayapura   Indonesia     Djarum ISL            3rd                                  N/A      13,422      
2017-2018   Persipura Jayapura   Indonesia     Djarum ISL            2nd                      AFC Cup Winners      15,807
2018        Kuban Krasnodar      Russia        Pervyj Divizion       1st                            Promotion      17,211
2019        Kuban Krasnodar      Russia        Prem'er Liga          8th                                  N/A      24,125
2020        Kuban Krasnodar      Russia        Prem'er Liga          N/A                                  N/A         N/A
2020-2021   Vitoria Sport Club   Portugal      Liga ZON Sagres       5th           Taca de Portugal Finalists      22,145
2021-2022   Reading FC           England       Championship          1st            Promotion, FA Cup Winners      13,532
2022-2023   Reading FC           England       Premier League        8th                     FA Cup Finalists      18,379
2023-2024   Reading FC           England       Premier League        4th                       FA Cup Winners      19,560
2024-2025   Reading FC           England       Premier League        1st   Champions, Europa League Finalists      19,770
2025-2026   Reading FC           England       Premier League        4th                                  N/A      21,330
2026-2027   Reading FC           England       Premier League        2nd             Champions League Winners      22,462
2027-2028   Reading FC           England       Premier League        1st       FA Cup, Club World Cup Winners      23,235

2027-2028 Reading FC - Young Stars

200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

The following update will hopefully be the first of many with Reading FC and the young stars that I acquire through transfers or through youth intakes. If I ever leave Reading, I still might do youth player updates with my new club depending on the quality of players I acquire. Acquiring young talented players and developing them is by far the most cost effective way to being successful, and all clubs do rely on their own youths or acquiring talented youths abroad to achieve long term success. There will be bargains and there will be busts. Without further ado, introducing the new young talented players currently at Reading FC. I'm only going to include top prospects (imo).

I will have screenshots here of players 20 and younger (when I acquired the player) and I'll try to evaluate everyone after each season.

Acquired in 2022-2023 Season

Carlinhos (AMC/MC) (Brazil) - Back to his native Brazil with Corinthians, he's been a first-team regular and scored 6 goals and added 15 assists in 45 games.

Borja (DR) (Spain) - his usual self. No complaints at all.

Rory Hindley (DL) (England) - I think the experiment is over with him.

Willem Kuijt (MC) (Netherlands) - He didn't get any playing time at Anderlecht for half a season before moving to Ligue 1 club Caen in January, appearing in 6 games.

Sjors Vandaele (DM/MC/MR) (Belgium) - great season for the Belgian, scoring once and adding 8 assists in 33 games for Chievo Verona in Serie A.

Acquired in 2023-2024

Peter Bartels (AMC/MRLC/AMRL) (Netherlands) - Another solid season from the supersub. He's got a role on this team.

Adama Haidara (MR/AMR) (Mali) - A regular starter now, he had a breakout season and hope he can build on this next season.

Jeffrey Scholten (DM/MC) (Netherlands) - He's gone in the summer.

Franco Leiva (ST) (Italy) - Cardiff offered him a chance to be a regular starter in the Premier League, and he did alright...I just don't know how role he has for next season with Kimani, Serpa, and my youth products.

Robert Vladyka (ST) (Czech Republic) - He's gone too.

Acquired in 2024-2025

Nils Herrera (DL/DR) (Spain) - He seems to be regressing...

Bart van der Putten (DC) (Netherlands) - He's playing regular football somewhere, whether at Reading or somewhere else on loan.

Acquired in 2025-2026

Nicolo Aloisi (DR) (Italy) - His chances of cracking the main squad is slim at best.

Ricardo Alves (MC) (Portugal) - I'll be looking to loan him out for some first team football after he gets HG status.

Nicolai Troest (DM/MC) (Denmark) - He's done. I'm not resigning him.

Milan Todorovic (AML/ML) (Serbia) - He wasn't a consistent starter because I signed Mohamed, but he still had a solid season. He's another wonderkid I have.

Acquired in 2026-2027

Serpa (ST) (Brazil) - A loan is likely to get him playing time.

Lee Williams (DC) (England) - I think he can get more playing time next season with Reading, and become part of a rotation and hopefully groomed into a starter.

Acquired in 2027-2028

Cameron Ferdinand (AML/ML) (England) - I'm not sure if he can be as good as Todorovic, but he was impressive in the U19s at least...

Jack Kimani (ST) (Kenya) - He had a decent season. Hopefully he gets accustomed to life in the UK and learns some English so he can get better.

Youth Depth Chart

GK - None

DR - Borja, Aloisi

DC - Williams, van der Putten

DL - Hindley, Herrera

MR - Haidara

MC - Alves, Scholten, Troest

ML - Todorovic, Bartels, Ferdinand

ST - Kimani, Leiva, Serpa, Vladyka

Reading FC Youth Intakes 2028 Update

200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

We finally got a decent youth intake! The last few seasons have all been crap. Actually, I've had crap intakes my whole career! One year at Reading I had no recommendations, and for several years I've had 'Player X is one of the better players in this year's intake'. :D

We actually have two different players who have the potential to be quality:

2027 Intake

Mark Browne (ST) - England

Left Foot - Reasonable

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - None

Initial Profile | Coach Report

End of Season 1 - Profile | Coach Report

Player Notes: He got in a few games at the end of the season, and even scored his first goal in his first appearance. Hopefully more to come in the future.

Darren Young (AMC/ST) - England

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - None

Player Notes: He had a solid season with the U18 team and will continue to stay there to develop.

Congrats on the brilliant season but unlucky in the Champions League.

Nice to see you building up the depth with youth players although not seeing a keeper or another right midfielder is a bit worrying :D

Also jealous to see you having an expansion which is twice my capacity :p

I was just about to ask you whether your stadium was going to be expanded... this is really good news as your 24000 capacity shouldn't be enough now you're in the big time.

Shame about the Champions League, I know how frustrating that competition can be. No matter how good your side is, you always need a slice of luck in your favour too, but I am surprised you lost to Palermo. Better luck for next season :)

Good to see things still going well at Reading rancer :thup:. The future looks bright too with those youngsters and it's nice to see the club producing some homegrown talent too.

N'Diaye seems more than a competent goalscorer, I was wondering, with African teams usually playing a lot of games (the African Cup of Nations, etc), is there any reason as to why N'Diaye has only played 22 games? Was he a late starter? Did he play for a small club before he joined you? Has he had a lot of injuries? 27 goals in 22 international games is good going!

2028 Team Canada Report

Csa_logo.png

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers 1st Phase 2nd Round

June 3, 2028 - US Virgin Islands 0 vs 2 Canada

June 10, 2028 - Canada 2 vs 0 US Virgin Islands

Squad

Goalkeepers: Catalin Moldovan (Zagreb), Nick Thompson (Ekranas), Davide Tundo (Swansea)

Defenders: Neil Brown (Vit. Guimaraes), Jonathon Green (SC Cambuur), Nick Hamilton (St. Pauli), Richard Hamilton (New England Revolution), Adrian Howells (Fiorentina), Kevin Lewis (FC Den Bosch), Erik McIntosh (Granada CF), Antonio Radzinski (Vit. Setubal), Martin Scicluna (Recreativo), Joshua Scott (Al-Ra'ed)

Midfielders: Ernesto Bernal (San Jose Earthquakes), Nick Clarke (Red Bull Salzburg), Jaime Garcia (Volendam), James Hughes (Go Ahead), Roberto Ianuale (LA Galaxy), Sandro Johnson (Toronto FC), Amir Kalac (Colorado Rapids), Patrict Scott (Orebro), Russell Telbert (FC Oss)

Forwards: Dominic Gazzola (Seattle Sounders), Paul Gordon (RBC), Michal Lewandowski (Columbus Crew), Paul Lewis (Heracles)

I made several changes to the squad. I dropped some of the older players (Phil Gardner, David Gordon, Ross Brown), and fringe players (Jeff Anderson), replacing them with emerging young talent like 23 year olds Joshua Scott, a 2027 1st round pick by the Colorado Rapids, and Sandro Johnson, the 5th overall pick by TFC in 2028.

Ernesto Bernal is a 29 year old American who recently got his Canadian citizenship by playing

--------------------------

So we do the expected and advance to the next round with a 4-0 aggregate win.. A bit worrying that we didn't score lots of goals but it's nice to finally snap that losing streak.

Now, onto the 2nd Phase:

Group 1: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico

Group 2: Bermuda, Honduras, Jamaica, USA

Group 3: Canada, Panama, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago

It'll be tough for us, but hopefully we got enough talent to see us through to the Final Phase.

Oh, and I would like to add this is the first time I've ever seen the Canadian team not play at BMO Field, and at Winnipeg of all places. Pretty disappointed with the attendance. Surely more fans would have came...unless the Winnipeg Jets were 2028 Stanley Cup champions or something, there's no other explanation why the attendance was so low. ;):D

Ouch...I'm not sure if I've ever stayed at a club long enough to see facilities downgraded...didn't know that could happen!

It was a new feature in FM11 iirc. It's a realistic one so I don't mind too much. Hopefully they will be improved once again for the youth intake next season.

Congrats on the brilliant season but unlucky in the Champions League.

Nice to see you building up the depth with youth players although not seeing a keeper or another right midfielder is a bit worrying :D

Also jealous to see you having an expansion which is twice my capacity

Cheers B.W.G!

I think I probably won't keep restocking the youths. I'm set at a lot of positions (except defense really) and although a lot didn't work out, the ones that did are really important to the team. I don't need a keeper, since Mendes is only 26 and it'll be another 10 years before I need to find a new one! I won't play 10 seasons before mid October. :D

I was expecting an expansion but certainly not by that much!

Very good progression even though you didn't do as great in Champions League.

It's great to see you investing so much in youth. Good luck for the new season :)

Cheers roganp. I'm overall really happy with how my youths are developing into very good players on a team that can win the Champions League. I hope they stay at Reading for a very long time.

I was just about to ask you whether your stadium was going to be expanded... this is really good news as your 24000 capacity shouldn't be enough now you're in the big time.

Shame about the Champions League, I know how frustrating that competition can be. No matter how good your side is, you always need a slice of luck in your favour too, but I am surprised you lost to Palermo. Better luck for next season :)

Cheers AK22. I'm not sure what happened in the 2nd leg against Palermo...but we weren't at our best and our form wasn't very good entering the game. It'll be fantastic seeing 36k fans at a game when the expansion is complete!

Good to see things still going well at Reading rancer. The future looks bright too with those youngsters and it's nice to see the club producing some homegrown talent too.

N'Diaye seems more than a competent goalscorer, I was wondering, with African teams usually playing a lot of games (the African Cup of Nations, etc), is there any reason as to why N'Diaye has only played 22 games? Was he a late starter? Did he play for a small club before he joined you? Has he had a lot of injuries? 27 goals in 22 international games is good going!

Cheers Raware. It's nice to finally have some HG talent since buying players from other teams is always a risk, but a risk I will always take.

As with N'Diaye, IIRC he wasn't capped till he signed with Reading when he was 25. I found him in the U20 World Cup when he was 24 and he didn't get a single cap for Senegal. He had decent seasons with the team he was with before I signed him, Al-Ahly in Egypt, but he didn't blossom into the player he is today till he went to Reading.

2028-2029 Season Preview - Reading FC - English Barclays Premier League

200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

Media Prediction - 1st

Media Odds - 6-4 favourites

TV Rights - $60.792 million (Premier League), $1.9 million (individual TV deal)

Premier League Expectations - Win it!

Community Shield Expectations - not important

Champions League Expectations - Reach Final

FA Cup - Win it!

Carling Cup - N/A

Transfer Budget - $115 million

Wage Budget - $144 million (currently spending $102,847,343)

Nice to see that Canada has turned the corner and started to win a few matches. Right on time for World Cup qualifiers as well. Here's to hoping our actual Team Canada is able to continue its form as well in October!

2028 Team Canada Report

Csa_logo.png

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers 2nd Phase

August 9, 2028 -Panama 0 vs 3 Canada

Squad

Goalkeepers: Catalin Moldovan (Zagreb), Nick Thompson (Levadia), Davide Tundo (Swansea)

Defenders: Neil Brown (Vit. Guimaraes), Jonathon Green (Volendam), Nick Hamilton (St. Pauli), Richard Hamilton (New England Revolution), Adrian Howells (Fiorentina), Kevin Lewis (FC Den Bosch), Erik McIntosh (Granada CF), Antonio Radzinski (Vit. Setubal), Martin Scicluna (Recreativo), Joshua Scott (Al-Ra'ed)

Midfielders: Ernesto Bernal (San Jose Earthquakes), Joe Bishop (Montreal Impact), Nick Clarke (Torino), Jaime Garcia (FC Zwolle), James Hughes (Go Ahead), Sandro Johnson (Toronto FC), Amir Kalac (Colorado Rapids), Patrict Scott (ADO Den Haag), Russell Telbert (FC Oss)

Forwards: Dominic Gazzola (Seattle Sounders), Paul Gordon (Go Ahead), Michal Lewandowski (Columbus Crew), Paul Lewis (Excelsior)

One change. Roberto Ianuale is dropped in favour of a newly naturalized Canadian in Joe Bishop.

------

Ernesto Bernal suffered a high ankle sprain, so he's replaced by Ross Brown (Columbus Crew). James Hughes also got an injury so Dragan Radenkovic (Martigues) replaces him.

------

A solid game that we controlled throughout. We got the win and I'm happy about that.

------

Other Results

Group 1 -

El Salvador 2-2 Costa Rica

Mexico 2-0 Guatemala

Group 2 -

Bermuda 0-3 Honduras

Jamaica 0-0 USA

Group 3 -

Trinidad & Tobago 1-0 Suriname

------

Fixtures

Sept. 2: vs Trinidad & Tobago

Sept. 6: at Suriname

Oct. 7: vs Panama

Oct. 11: at Trinidad & Tobago

Nov. 15: vs Suriname

Nice to see that Canada has turned the corner and started to win a few matches. Right on time for World Cup qualifiers as well. Here's to hoping our actual Team Canada is able to continue its form as well in October!

Cheers cerud. It's nice to get that winning feeling with Canada again. :)

I'm trying to introduce some younger players to the national team. Sandro Johnson (22), Jason Thomas (22), Patrick Scott (24), Joshua Scott (23) are just a few who I think are ready now. Sandro Johnson was a player I've been looking at since he was a 4th year senior at Bowling Green University. He's fantastic and having a great year at TFC in his rookie season.

2028 Team Canada Report

Csa_logo.png

September 2, 2028 - Canada 0 vs 0 Trinidad & Tobago

September 6, 2028 - Suriname 1 vs 4 Canada

Squad

Goalkeepers: Catalin Moldovan (Zagreb), Nick Thompson (Levadia), Davide Tundo (Swansea)

Defenders: Neil Brown (Vit. Guimaraes), Jonathon Green (Volendam), Nick Hamilton (St. Pauli), Richard Hamilton (New England Revolution), Adrian Howells (Fiorentina), Juan Jose Iglesias (Istres), Kevin Lewis (FC Den Bosch), Erik McIntosh (Granada CF), Antonio Radzinski (Vit. Setubal), Martin Scicluna (Recreativo), Joshua Scott (Al-Ra'ed)

Midfielders: Ernesto Bernal (San Jose Earthquakes), Nick Clarke (Torino), Jaime Garcia (FC Zwolle), James Hughes (Go Ahead), Sandro Johnson (Toronto FC), Roberto Reira (Brest), Patrict Scott (ADO Den Haag), Russell Telbert (FC Oss)

Forwards: Dominic Gazzola (Seattle Sounders), Paul Gordon (Go Ahead), Michal Lewandowski (Columbus Crew), Dragan Radenkovic (Martigues)

---------------

Juan Jose Iglesias returns to the squad along with Roberto Reira. Amir Kalac and Joe Bishop are dropped.

---------------

A solid two games as we're still at the top of the group after 3 games.

---------------

Other Results

Group 1 -

Costa Rica 2-0 Mexico

Guatemala 1-2 El Salvador

--

Guatemala 2-2 Costa Rica

Mexico 4-0 El Salvador

Group 2 -

Honduras 3-0 Jamaica

USA 4-0 Bermuda

--

Bermuda 0-1 Jamaica

Honduras 0-0 USA

Group 3 -

Suriname 1-4 Panama

--

Trinidad & Tobago 0-0 Panama

------

World Cup Qualifying 2nd Phase Standings

Group 1

1st - Mexico - 6pts

2nd - Costa Rica - 5pts

3rd - El Salvador - 4pts

4th - Guatemala - 1pt

Group 2

1st - Honduras - 7pts

2nd - USA - 5pts

3rd - Jamaica - 4pts

4th - Bermuda - 0pts

Group 3

1st - Canada - 7pts

2nd - Trinidad & Tobago - 5pts

3rd - Panama - 4pts

4th - Suriname - 0pts

------

Fixtures

Oct. 7: vs Panama

Oct. 11: at Trinidad & Tobago

2028 Off-season Transfers - Reading - English Barclays Premier League

200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

Transfers

Some minor additions to hopefully win the title again.

Graziano Puglisi - will be the backup again.

Julio Cesar - the big signing for Reading. Hopefully he's a stable presence at the back.

Ivan Assante - another loan signing for depth. He's another versatile player that I like.

We lost some long time players like Solomon Onana. Kante and Hughes were sent out on loan. Karim Mohamed was sold for a bit more than his minimum release clause and I didn't really want him at the club for too long because of his wages anyways.

----

Champions League Group Stages

We have Real Madrid but the rest is straightforward. I'm looking forward to see how we do against the best in Spain.

2028 Team Canada Report

Csa_logo.png

October 7, 2028 - Canada 2 vs 0 Panama

October 11, 2028 - Trinidad & Tobago 2 vs 1 Canada

Squad

Defenders: Neil Brown (Vit. Guimaraes), Jonathon Green (Volendam), Richard Hamilton (New England Revolution), Adrian Howells (Fiorentina), Juan Jose Iglesias (Istres), Tommie Krul (Koblenz), Kevin Lewis (FC Den Bosch), Erik McIntosh (Granada CF), Antonio Radzinski (Vit. Setubal), Martin Scicluna (Recreativo), Joshua Scott (Al-Ra'ed)

Midfielders: Joe Bishop (Montreal Impact), Nick Clarke (Torino), Jaime Garcia (FC Zwolle), James Hughes (Go Ahead), Roberto Ianuale (LA Galaxy), Sandro Johnson (Toronto FC), Roberto Reira (Brest), Patrict Scott (ADO Den Haag), Russell Telbert (FC Oss)

Forwards: Dominic Gazzola (Seattle Sounders), Paul Gordon (Go Ahead), Michal Lewandowski (Columbus Crew)

---------------

Nick Hamilton is injured and replaced by right back Tommie Krul. Ernesto Bernal is done for the remainder of the MLS season so Joe Bishop replaces him. Roberto Ianuale is also recalled while the injured Dragan Radenkovic is dropped.

---------------

Other Results

Group 1 -

Costa Rica 2-2 El Salvador

Guatemala 0-4 Mexico

--

El Salvador 3-0 Guatemala

Mexico 4-1 Costa Rica

Group 2 -

Honduras 3-0 Bermuda

USA 3-1 Jamaica

--

Jamaica 1-2 Honduras

Bermuda vs USA (Oct. 25)

Group 3 -

Suriname 0-0 Trinidad & Tobago

--

Panama 0-2 Suriname

------

Group 1

1st - Mexico (Q) - 12pts

2nd - El Salvador - 8pts

3rd - Costa Rica - 6pts

4th - Guatemala - 1pt

Group 2

1st - Honduras (Q) - 13pts

2nd - USA (Q) - 8pts

3rd - Jamaica - 4pts

4th - Bermuda - 0pts

Group 3

1st - Canada (Q) - 10pts

2nd - Trinidad & Tobago (Q) - 9pts

3rd - Panama - 4pts

4th - Suriname - 0pts

------

Fixtures

2028 Team Canada Report

Csa_logo.png

November 15, 2028 - Canada 2 vs 0 Suriname

Squad

Defenders: Neil Brown (Vit. Guimaraes), Nick Hamilton (St. Pauli), Richard Hamilton (New England Revolution), Adrian Howells (Fiorentina), Juan Jose Iglesias (Istres), Tommie Krul (Koblenz), Erik McIntosh (Granada CF), Antonio Radzinski (Vit. Setubal), Martin Scicluna (Recreativo), Joshua Scott (Al-Ra'ed)

Midfielders: Joe Bishop (Montreal Impact), Nick Clarke (Torino), Jaime Garcia (FC Zwolle), James Hughes (Go Ahead), Sandro Johnson (Toronto FC), Amir Kalac (Colorado Rapids), Roberto Reira (Brest), Patrict Scott (ADO Den Haag), Russell Telbert (FC Oss)

Forwards: Dominic Gazzola (Seattle Sounders), Paul Gordon (Go Ahead), Michal Lewandowski (Columbus Crew), Jason Thomas (Toronto FC)

---------------

Nick Hamilton is recalled along with Amir Kalac and Jason Thomas. Kevin Lewis, Roberto Ianuale are dropped and Jonathon Green is out with injury. Roberto Reira got a late concussion so Roberto Ianuale (LA Galaxy) is called up. Antoine Radzinski suffered a bruise head (stop these bloody injuries! :mad:) so defender Josh Boytchuk (Syracuse University) is going to get a look at camp.

---------------

Other Results

Group 1 -

Costa Rica 2-1 Guatemala

El Salvador 0-4 Mexico

Group 2 -

Jamaica 3-1 Bermuda

USA 3-0 Honduras

Group 3 -

Panama 1-5 Trinidad & Tobago

------

Final Standings

Third (and Final) Phase

I hope we get that 3rd spot because Trinidad & Tobago have been a tough opponent for us. We also have to look out for Honduras and Costa Rica. I'm not expecting any points against Mexico, and hopefully we can steal some points against the US.

-------

2029 Schedule (it's going to be busy!):

Feb. 7: at Trinidad & Tobago

March 17: vs Mexico

March 21: at Costa Rica

June 2: vs USA

June 6: at Honduras

Aug. 15: vs Trinidad & Tobago

Sept. 8: vs Costa Rica

Sept. 12: at USA

Oct. 13: at Mexico

Oct. 17: at Honduras

----------

World Rankings

1st - Spain

2nd - France

3rd - Italy

4th - Brazil

5th - Argentina

6th - Russia

7th - Netherlands

8th - England

9th - Greece

10th - Ivory Coast

11th - Mexico

34th - Canada

37th - USA

71st - Costa Rica

77th - Honduras

81st - Trinidad & Tobago

2028 Team Canada Report

Csa_logo.png

2029 Confederations Cup - Hosts: Portugal

If some of you have forgotten, we won the 2027 Gold Cup, and a spot in the 2029 Confederations Cup. The draw has just been made so here's the groups:

Group A:

Brazil (World Ranking: 4th)

Canada (WR: 34th)

Japan (WR: 24th)

Spain (WR: 1st)

Group B:

Italy (WR: 3rd)

Ivory Coast (WR: 10th)

New Zealand (WR: 88th)

Portugal (WR: 28th)

And here's the schedule:

June 20: vs Spain

June 22: vs Brazil

June 24: vs Japan

So hopefully we don't get blown up in the first couple games....a busy 2029 year for Canada just got busier.

That will be an interesting group for Canada. A thrid qualifying place is definitely possible though. I'll be following! :)

Cheers cerud! The dark horse is T&T. I just can't beat them but I have to in this Final Phase if I want to avoid 4th place and a playoff with a South American team....

2029 Team Canada Report

Csa_logo.png

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers 3rd Phase

February 7, 2029 - Trinidad & Tobago 1 vs 3 Canada

Squad

Defenders: Neil Brown (Vit. Guimaraes), Jonathon Green (Volendam), Nick Hamilton (St. Pauli), Richard Hamilton (New England Revolution), Adrian Howells (Fiorentina), Juan Jose Iglesias (Istres), Tommie Krul (Koblenz), Erik McIntosh (Granada CF), Antonio Radzinski (Vit. Setubal), Joshua Scott (Red Star 93)

Midfielders: Ernesto Bernal (San Jose Earthquakes), Joe Bishop (Montreal Impact), Nick Clarke (Torino), Jaime Garcia (FC Zwolle), James Hughes (VVV), Roberto Ianuale (Columbus Crew), Sandro Johnson (Toronto FC), Amir Kalac (Toronto FC), Patrict Scott (ADO Den Haag)

Forwards: Dominic Gazzola (Seattle Sounders), Paul Gordon (Go Ahead), Michal Lewandowski (Columbus Crew), Jason Thomas (LA Galaxy)

---------------

I went for a more veteran lineup against T&T. I dropped Russell Telbert because he wasn't playing at Fc Oss and he wasn't going to be in the long term plans for the next World Cup qualifying campaign so now our squad is filled with newgen players.

---------------

What a big big win. I thought it was going to be tough but we scored a couple quick goals when the game was tied 1-1 and we managed to hang in there and prevent Trinidad & Tobago from having any chance to get back into the game. A big game as T&T were one of the teams we had to beat if we want to be at World Cup 2030 in Portugal.

---------------

Other scores and Standings:

Costa Rica 0-2 Honduras

Mexico 5-1 USA

1st - Mexico - 3pts - +4 GD

2nd - Canada - 3pts - +2 GD

3rd - Honduras - 3pts - +2 GD

4th - Trinidad & Tobago - 0pts - -2 GD

5th - Costa Rica - 0pts - -2 GD

6th - USA - 0pts - -4 GD

-----------------

2029 Schedule:

March 17: vs Mexico (WCQ)

March 21: at Costa Rica (WCQ)

June 2: vs USA (WCQ)

June 6: at Honduras (WCQ)

June 20: vs Spain (Confederations Cup)

June 22: vs Brazil (Confederations Cup)

June 24: vs Japan (Confederations Cup)

July 18: vs El Salvador (Gold Cup 2029)

July 21: vs Panama (Gold Cup 2029)

July 24: vs Barbados (Gold Cup 2029)

August 15: vs Trinidad & Tobago (WCQ)

Sept. 8: vs Costa Rica (WCQ)

Sept. 12: at USA (WCQ)

Oct. 13: at Mexico (WCQ)

Oct. 17: vs Honduras (WCQ)

-----------

As you can see, we also have the Gold Cup. Here are the groups:

Gold Cup 2029

Group A - Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico

Group B - Barbados, Canada, El Salvador, Panama

Group C - Bermuda, Costa Rica, St. Kitts & Nevis, USA

Safe to say I expect to win that group and then we'll go from there.

2029 Team Canada Report

Csa_logo.png

March 17, 2029 - Canada 1 vs 3 Mexico

March 21, 2029 - Costa Rica 1 vs 3 Canada

Squad

Goalkeepers: Paul Schmidt (Vancouver Whitecaps), Nick Thompson (Levadia), Davide Tundo (Swansea)

Defenders: Neil Brown (Vit. Guimaraes), Jonathan Green (Volendam), Nick Hamilton (St. Pauli), Richard Hamilton (Columbus Crew), Adrian Howells (Fiorentina), Juan Jose Iglesias (Istres), Tommie Krul (Koblenz), Erik McIntosh (Granada CF), Antonio Radzinski (Vit. Setubal), Joshua Scott (Red Star 93)

Midfielders: Ernesto Bernal (San Jose Earthquakes), Joe Bishop (Montreal Impact), Nick Clarke (Torino), Jaime Garcia (FC Zwolle), James Hughes (VVV), Roberto Ianuale (Columbus Crew), Sandro Johnson (Toronto FC), Amir Kalac (Toronto FC), Patrict Scott (ADO Den Haag)

Forwards: Dominic Gazzola (Seattle Sounders), Michal Lewandowski (Columbus Crew), Paul Lewis (Excelsior), Jason Thomas (LA Galaxy)

---------------

Catalin Moldovan is dropped due to injury, so Paul Schmidt, an American who was naturalized last year, gets an opportunity in camp. Paul Gordon is dropped in favour of Paul Lewis, since he wasn't playing with his club team and I didn't even play him much.

Roberto Ianuale was diagnosed with gastric flu so Jeff Anderson (Lobos BUAP) is recalled.

---------------

As expected, we lost against Mexico, but the good thing is that we kept the scoreline low and only lost by 2. We had 45 minutes to forget against Costa Rica with half my 'B' team but subbed out the rubbish players and it seemed to motivate us as we scored 3 second half goals to get an important 3 points. The next 2 games are against USA and Honduras and both are very important. The USMNT have been struggling so far but if they take points from us we'll be in the outside looking in. Honduras is another tough opponent and a win can get us further away from the 3rd and 4th place bubble spots. I want to avoid going into the playoff with a CONMEBOL nation at all costs.

---------------

Match Day 2

Honduras 3-0 Trinidad & Tobago

USA 1-1 Costa Rica

Match Day 3

Mexico 6-0 Trinidad & Tobago

USA 2-1 Honduras

1st - Mexico - 9pts - +12 GD

2nd - Honduras - 6pts - +4 GD

3rd - Canada - 6pts - +2 GD

4th - USA - 4pts - -3 GD

5th - Costa Rica - 1pt - -4 GD

6th - Trinidad & Tobago - 0pts - -11 GD

-----------------

2029 Schedule:

June 2: vs USA (WCQ)

June 6: at Honduras (WCQ)

And cheers for the comments cerud, iHead Hunta x, and Raware. And we haven't even gotten the busiest part of the schedule out of the way yet! 9 games to manage in June/July/August, and I'm not including the elimination games in the Confed Cup and Gold Cup! (although we're highly unlikely to advance in the Confed Cup :D)

Hey everyone I just finished my 2028-2029 season with Reading. I'm a bit under the weather right now so I'll try and update everything over the weekend..

I'll try and finish the 2029-2030 season and (hopefully) participate in the 2030 World Cup and then call this a career and wait for my FM12 - THE BIG ONE career save!

2028-2029 Season Review - Reading FC - English Barclays Premier League

200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - An exciting season from start to finish as we claim another league title after a tough battle with Man City for that top spot up to and including that last game of the season. 8 teams will feature in Europe next season as Liverpool won the Europa League.

FA Cup - Early exit in the FA Cup to Arsenal.

Carling Cup - A fantastic in the Carling Cup, and we cap it off with a win on penalties to lift our first Carling Cup trophy.

Community Shield - We lost, but the Community Shield isn't a big deal to me.

UEFA Champions League - We did very well in the Group Stage, winning the group without too much trouble, and we also beat Inter in the 1st Knockout Round, but then we faced Lyon and lost. It was an exciting 2nd leg though as you can see here.

Transfers

Graziano Puglisi

Julio Cesar - the big money signing did a good job in his first year at Reading.

Ivan Assante

Squad - A very strong starting XI all season, and here's some of the players.

GK - Rui Mendes

DC - Julius Bengondo

MC - Kevin Banda

ST - Sega N'Diaye

ST - Claudio Marra

Overview | Facilities | Affiliations | Finances

Still a Reading Icon. :cool:

Off season Goals

1. Bounce back season from N'Diaye hopefully.

2. Do better in the Champions League

Summary

Year        Team                 Country       League           Position                       Notes and Info  Attendance
2011        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         3rd                                  N/A       1,496
2012        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st                   Lost Playoff Final       1,512
2013        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st                        PDL Champions       1,558    
2014        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st             Lost Western Conf. Final       1,572
2015        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         N/A                     Resigned June 27       1,574
2015-2016   Persipura Jayapura   Indonesia     Divisi Utama          1st   Piala Indonesia winners, Promotion      13,060
2016-2017   Persipura Jayapura   Indonesia     Djarum ISL            3rd                                  N/A      13,422      
2017-2018   Persipura Jayapura   Indonesia     Djarum ISL            2nd                      AFC Cup Winners      15,807
2018        Kuban Krasnodar      Russia        Pervyj Divizion       1st                            Promotion      17,211
2019        Kuban Krasnodar      Russia        Prem'er Liga          8th                                  N/A      24,125
2020        Kuban Krasnodar      Russia        Prem'er Liga          N/A                                  N/A         N/A
2020-2021   Vitoria Sport Club   Portugal      Liga ZON Sagres       5th           Taca de Portugal Finalists      22,145
2021-2022   Reading FC           England       Championship          1st            Promotion, FA Cup Winners      13,532
2022-2023   Reading FC           England       Premier League        8th                     FA Cup Finalists      18,379
2023-2024   Reading FC           England       Premier League        4th                       FA Cup Winners      19,560
2024-2025   Reading FC           England       Premier League        1st   Champions, Europa League Finalists      19,770
2025-2026   Reading FC           England       Premier League        4th                                  N/A      21,330
2026-2027   Reading FC           England       Premier League        2nd             Champions League Winners      22,462
2027-2028   Reading FC           England       Premier League        1st       FA Cup, Club World Cup Winners      23,235
2028-2029   Reading FC           England       Premier League        1st                  Carling Cup Winners      28,900

2028-2029 Reading FC - Young Stars

200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

The following update will hopefully be the first of many with Reading FC and the young stars that I acquire through transfers or through youth intakes. If I ever leave Reading, I still might do youth player updates with my new club depending on the quality of players I acquire. Acquiring young talented players and developing them is by far the most cost effective way to being successful, and all clubs do rely on their own youths or acquiring talented youths abroad to achieve long term success. There will be bargains and there will be busts. Without further ado, introducing the new young talented players currently at Reading FC. I'm only going to include top prospects (imo).

I will have screenshots here of players 20 and younger (when I acquired the player) and I'll try to evaluate everyone after each season.

Acquired in 2022-2023 Season

Carlinhos (AMC/MC) (Brazil) - He's having another fine season at Corinthians.

Borja (DR) (Spain) - Nothing new and he just keeps being Mr. Consistency.

Rory Hindley (DL) (England) - Played in a few games this season with decent results.

Willem Kuijt (MC) (Netherlands) - A solid season at Caen with 2 goals, 5 assists in 20 appearances.

Sjors Vandaele (DM/MC/MR) (Belgium) - He played sparingly in 15 games with Chievo.

Acquired in 2023-2024

Peter Bartels (AMC/MRLC/AMRL) (Netherlands) - The supersub didn't play in as much games but he was still a solid contributor.

Adama Haidara (MR/AMR) (Mali) - A quality season from the world class winger.

Jeffrey Scholten (DM/MC) (Netherlands) - He's seem to have found a home with FK Austria Wien, scoring 6 goals and adding 15 assists in 44 games.

Franco Leiva (ST) (Italy) - playing as backup striker, he was a solid contributor with his 7 goals in 31 appearances.

Robert Vladyka (ST) (Czech Republic) - Sold to Puerto Rico United and had 1 goal, 2 assists in 3 games.

Acquired in 2024-2025

Nils Herrera (DL/DR) (Spain) - Had a solid campaign on loan at West Ham.

Bart van der Putten (DC) (Netherlands) - He featured in some games before his MCL sprain ended his season.

Acquired in 2025-2026

Nicolo Aloisi (DR) (Italy) - He did well with Norwich, starting in 25 games for them, getting a couple assists.

Ricardo Alves (MC) (Portugal) - Alves played the most games ever with Reading and a similar workload is likely.

Nicolai Troest (DM/MC) (Denmark) - He only played in 8 games at Crewe, scoring 2 goals and adding an assist.

Milan Todorovic (AML/ML) (Serbia) - A starter for the majority of the season, he really blossomed and he'll only get better.

Acquired in 2026-2027

Serpa (ST) (Brazil) - He really needs to be loaned out.

Lee Williams (DC) (England) - He was also part of the rotation till he torn up his groin.

Acquired in 2027-2028

Cameron Ferdinand (AML/ML) (England) - He had a brief run in the first team before he got injured. He'll backup next season.

Jack Kimani (ST) (Kenya) - Kimani had a solid season with 6 goals and 6 assists in 38 games.

Youth Depth Chart

GK - None

DR - Borja

DC - Williams, van der Putten

DL - Hindley, Herrera

MR - Haidara

MC - Alves

ML - Todorovic, Bartels, Ferdinand

ST - Kimani, Leiva, Serpa

Reading FC Youth Intakes 2029 Update

200px-Reading_FC.svg.png

We finally got a decent youth intake! The last few seasons have all been crap. Actually, I've had crap intakes my whole career! One year at Reading I had no recommendations, and for several years I've had 'Player X is one of the better players in this year's intake'. :D

We actually have two different players who have the potential to be quality:

2027 Intake

Mark Browne (ST) - England

Left Foot - Reasonable

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - None

End of Season 2 - Profile | Coach Reports

Player Notes: Just when I was going to give him a run in the first team he decided to tear his LCL...and lose a lot of development time. I really hope he stays healthy next season.

Darren Young (AMC/ST) - England

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - None

End of Season 2 - Profile | Coach Report

Player Notes: A loan might happen next season or he stays in the U18s as an 18 year old. Dubbed the new Paul Scholes.

Nice way to end the season, winning in the final game :) Tough beat in the Champions league though. Next year! :)

Cheers cerud. A bit of a bitter taste with how our Champions League campaign but winning a couple trophies isn't a bad season. :)

Next year is the last year, so going all out! :D

2029 Team Canada Report

Csa_logo.png

June 2, 2029 - Canada 0 vs 3 USA

June 6, 2029 - Honduras 0 vs 0 Canada

Squad

Goalkeepers: Catalin Moldovan (Zagreb), Paul Schmidt (Vancouver Whitecaps), Davide Tundo (Swansea)

Defenders: Neil Brown (Vit. Guimaraes), Nick Hamilton (St. Pauli), Richard Hamilton (Columbus Crew), Adrian Howells (Fiorentina), Juan Jose Iglesias (Istres), Tommie Krul (Koblenz), Erik McIntosh (Granada CF), Antonio Radzinski (Vit. Setubal), Martin Scicluna (Recreativo), Joshua Scott (Red Star 93)

Midfielders: Jeff Anderson (Lobos BUAP) Ernesto Bernal (San Jose Earthquakes), Joe Bishop (Montreal Impact), Nick Clarke (Torino), Jaime Garcia (FC Zwolle), James Hughes (VVV), Roberto Ianuale (Columbus Crew), Sandro Johnson (Toronto FC), Amir Kalac (Toronto FC), Roberto Riera (Brest), Patrict Scott (ADO Den Haag)

Forwards: Dominic Gazzola (Seattle Sounders), Paul Lewis (Excelsior), Jason Thomas (LA Galaxy)

---------------

We don't have a lot of strikers at the squad so hopefully the 3 we have for the next couple games will do. Lewandowski and Paul Gordon are out with injury. Going to go with the strongest lineup in both games and hopefully we can get some points.

And bloody wonderful! Jason Thomas tore his hammy :rolleyes:!!!! Eetu Stenman (Al-Shabab (UAE)) is the striker to be called up.

---------------

It was a bad couple games. We have no offense. We had no passion and no effort. We just sucked. And what do we have next? Confed Cup against Spain and Brazil. Time to park the PLANE!

---------------

Match Day 4

Honduras 1-0 Mexico

Trinidad & Tobago 2-4 Costa Rica

Match Day 5

Costa Rica 0-0 Mexico

USA 6-0 Trinidad & Tobago

1st - Mexico - 10pts - +11 GD

2nd - USA - 10pts - +6 GD

3rd - Honduras - 10pts - +5 GD

4th - Canada - 7pts - -1 GD

5th - Costa Rica - 5pts - -2 GD

6th - Trinidad & Tobago - 0pts - -19 GD

Everything that I wanted to happen didn't happen. We lost to the US. Mexico couldn't beat Honduras and Costa Rica, and we're in a playoff spot now.

-----------------

2029 Schedule:

Well done on pipping Man City to the title, a really close finish to the season :thup:

Shame about the defeat to Lyon, you were only five minutes away from going through to the next round. Will be interesting to see how the 'New Alan Shearer' develops, he's got great stats for a 15 year old, hopefully the injury is just a small setback.

Looking good on the domestic front :thup:, trophies are still coming. I'm liking the look of the 'New Alan Shearer', he really looks like he could be a great player given the right coaching.

Hmmm, as for the international front; just a blip against the USA I'm sure. You're still only 3points off topping the group. Looks like a very busy schedule coming up though, could be make or break.

Well done on pipping Man City to the title, a really close finish to the season :thup:

Shame about the defeat to Lyon, you were only five minutes away from going through to the next round. Will be interesting to see how the 'New Alan Shearer' develops, he's got great stats for a 15 year old, hopefully the injury is just a small setback.

Cheers AK22. We nearly threw the league away but we managed to hang on. And the Lyon game was very disappointing but judging by our form at the time it was going to be hard for us to win.

And I hope I can get Mark Browne in some games, even if it means selling Leiva or Kimani.

Looking good on the domestic front :thup:, trophies are still coming. I'm liking the look of the 'New Alan Shearer', he really looks like he could be a great player given the right coaching.

Hmmm, as for the international front; just a blip against the USA I'm sure. You're still only 3points off topping the group. Looks like a very busy schedule coming up though, could be make or break.

Cheers Raware. I created a custom training schedule just for him and now he's got a pro contract so hopefully he can continue to develop. It's just the annoying injuries (I had a lot of them last season to a lot of players) that I hope won't slow down development. Mark Browne will probably spend another season in the U18s just because he's not ready for consistent minutes for the first team.

And the USA game was terrible, Dan Lagos scored all 3 goals and hes by far their best player (and someone I wanted at Reading, and not just because he's American). I'm not holding my breath over the Confed Cup, but the Gold Cup is a competition we have to do well in.

2029 Team Canada Report

Csa_logo.png

Confederations Cup 2029

June 20 - Canada 0 vs 7 Spain

June 22 - Brazil 3 vs 0 Canada

June 24 - Japan 3 vs 0 Canada

Squad

Goalkeepers (3): Daniel Johnson (Al-Qadisiyah (KSA)), Paul Schmidt (Vancouver Whitecaps), Davide Tundo (Swansea)

Defenders (9): Neil Brown (Vit. Guimaraes), Nick Hamilton (St. Pauli), Richard Hamilton (Columbus Crew), Adrian Howells (Fiorentina), Juan Jose Iglesias (Istres), Tommie Krul (Koblenz), Antonio Radzinski (Vit. Setubal), Martin Scicluna (Recreativo), Joshua Scott (Red Star 93)

Midfielders (7): Ernesto Bernal (San Jose Earthquakes), Joe Bishop (Montreal Impact), Nick Clarke (Torino), Jaime Garcia (FC Zwolle), Roberto Ianuale (Columbus Crew), Sandro Johnson (Toronto FC), Patrict Scott (ADO Den Haag)

Forwards (4): Dominic Gazzola (Seattle Sounders), Michal Lewandowski (FC Dallas), Paul Lewis (Excelsior), Jason Thomas (LA Galaxy)

---------------

After the Japan game, I was sacked. Bloody CSA ffs. :mad:

Archived