[FM11] To the Premier League in a Lymo...

Yes, I'm back. Due to my increased activity in the forums, I've decided to have another crack at posting my updates in the forums. Don't expect much screenshots but instead passionate writing through good and bad (:p)...

4527239060.jpg

Lymington Town F.C.

Lymington Town F.C. is a football club based in Lymington, England. Known as "The Linnets" they were originally founded in 1876 and played in the Hampshire League for many years.

In 1986 they became founder members of the Wessex League and two years later merged with local rivals Wellworthy Athletic to become AFC Lymington. The new club enjoyed immense success, winning the Wessex League title before joining forces with local rivals New Milton in 1998 to become known as Lymington & New Milton.

However, many people were opposed to the merger so they reformed Lymington Town. The new club joined the Hampshire League Division Three in 1998 and soon progressed to the top division. They are currently members of the Wessex League Premier Division, which they reached after winning the Wessex League Division One title in the 2004-05 season.

Former players include Jason Stride, John Bailey, Russell Perrett and David Peach

Copied from Wikipedia

Pre-Season

Hailsham Town 0-2 Lymington Town: Not a thrashing, but a comfortable win against the Sussex club. Goals from US Virgin Islands international striker, Dale Sams and youth team graduate, Robbie Kendall.

Calne Town 4-2 Lymington Town: Disappointing, as I was expecting to win this one. Their squad is weaker than ours in my opinion so this result definitely stung. A good day for Darragh Satelle and Junior Mendes however, both scoring their first goals for the club.

Air India 3-1 Lymington Town: Quite happy with this result considering it was against a stronger team. 649 fans braved the strong winds and showers to see Dale Sams net in Mumbai.

August 2010

FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round: Crook Town 0-3 Lymington Town

A routine win against an inexperienced Crook Town side. I couldn't be more pleased considering it was the first game of the season. Junior Mendes shows that he can score on a regular basis with a good goal and a strike from Andy Williams and an own goal secured the win.

League: Fareham Town 0-5 Lymington Town

This game surprised me a lot as Fareham were favourites to win but yet we thrashed them in style with Andy Williams grabbing 2 goals and therefore issuing a reminder that he has played at the dizzy heights of the Premier League and Robbie Kendall, Dale Sams and Junior Mendes also scored to cap off a great team effort.

League: Lymington Town 3-0 Christchurch

Our first home fixture of the season saw us defeat Christchurch in a comfortable fashion. Andy Williams and Junior Mendes extended their scoring run to 3 games and Connor Wilkins hit the back of the net with an decent effort.

FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round: Gillford Park 2-4 Lymington Town

This 4-2 win against Gillford Park made me feel slightly excited about our FA Cup prospects with us progressing to the 3rd qualifying round to set up a tie with Bridgwater Town. The 1st Round of the cup certainly seems a possiblity with Junior Mendes and Andy Williams continuing their scoring run and Ben Hoskin and Garry Burke chipping in with a goal each.

September 2010

League: Moneyfields 0-2 Lymington Town

Not the easiest of games or the most exciting, but a win is a win and Robbie Kendall and Sandy Moller will certainly be happy with their goals.

League: Lymington Town 1-0 Winchester City

A very scrappy game, I again would've liked to win by a bigger margin but at least our persistency paid off with a goal from Junior Mendes sealing the win.

Hampshire Senior Cup 1st Round: Stockbridge 0-7 Lymington Town

This game had thrashing written all over it before it even started. They were inexperienced (full of 16 year old newgens) and they were also a division below us. Dale Sams scored 4 times and Robbie Kendall, Simon Cox and Connor Wilkins all got 1 goal each to add to their tally.

FA Vase 2nd Round: Lymington Town 7-1 Darlington Railway Athletic

This one was only a little less predictable, but predictable enough for me to rest a few players. 18 year old Welshman, Liam Newman staked his claim for first-team football with a hat-trick and Danny Murphy, Junior Mendes, Connor Wilkins and Robbie Kendall all scored as well.

FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round: Lymington Town 2-1 Bridgwater Town

A narrow but deserved win against a bigger club. It wasn't easy but we soldiered through with the win. Dale Sams and Robbie Kendall got our goals in this close encounter.

League: Newport IOW 0-1 Lymington Town

Back to the slightly less glamorous Sydenhams Wessex Premier League with a scrappy win against Newport IOW. We were a shadow of our previous performances but that may have been due to fatigue but Dale Sams managed to hit the back of the net in just before half-time to gift us the win.

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round: Lymington Town 9-0 Woodley Sports

I have know idea how this happened! We somehow managed to beat a team two tiers higher than us 9-0! If this form continues, my tactics will certainly be in demand. :cool: 4 goals from Junior Mendes, 3 from Dale Sams and one each from Simon Cox and Joseph Jackson sent us through to the (non-existent) FA Cup 5th Qualifying Round.

League: Lymington Town 4-1 Romsey Town

A walk in the park, I couldn't ask for more from my team. Welsh wing wizard, Billy Taylor scored his first 2 goals for the club and Junior Mendes scored the other 2.

Yeah i'm a saints fan, football manager is gonna come in very helpful for the next few months until the real season get's underway! Can't wait for the championship. Nice to see lymington being used aswell, didn't expect to see them on this board when i registered. hahaa

Yeah i'm a saints fan, football manager is gonna come in very helpful for the next few months until the real season get's underway! Can't wait for the championship. Nice to see lymington being used aswell, didn't expect to see them on this board when i registered. hahaa

Here's the link to the database: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/227320-RTC-s-English-National-League-System-Update-Taking-FM11-to-Level-11.

You can play as Lymington and lots of other non-league teams.

October 2010

League: Bemerton Heath Harlequins 1-5 Lymington Town

Straightforward win against a weak team-10 places below us in the league table. Goals from Garry Burke, Danny Murphy, Jonathan Perry, Dale Sams and Simon Cox made sure our superiority stayed intact.

Hampshire Senior Cup 2nd Round: Lymington Town 4-1 AFC Portchester

An easy win despite using a weakened side, but this was also the beginning of fixture congestion for the coming weeks. Goals came from Robbie Kendall, Danny Murphy, Billy Taylor and the opposition. :D

FA Vase 3rd Round: AFC Kempston 1-1p Lymington Town

Another match where I was forced to field a weakened side, it was close and costly for us as it tired out our players but we sailed through with a 4-1 win on penalties. Liam Newman got our only goal in open play.

FA Cup 5th Qualifying Round: Lymington Town 1-0 St. Neots Town

Our contingent of weary players managed to pull off a shock result against St. Neots Town of the Hereward Teamware United Counties League Premier Division in the non-existent 5th Qualifying round sending us through to the also non-existent 6th Qualifying Round! :) The team couldn't handle with the pain of thrashing a team called the saints so decided to beat them only 1-0. :DGarry Burke got the only goal.

League: Lymington Town 2-1 Hamworthy United

A good match for neutrals with lots of attacking play, but a tense match for me especially as I want to keep my win streak. Junior Mendes and Billy Taylor confirmed the win but Andy Williams' latest injury is very concerning...

League: Alresford Town 1-1 Lymington Town

Oh well...win streak over, but at least we're still unbeaten. The fans are satisfied with the result but I'm not, their squad is nowhere near as good as ours and we really should've won. Gavin Scott played well, however and got our only goal.

FA Cup 6th Qualifying Round: Marine 3-4 Lymington Town

Admittedly, I was pretty sure that we wouldn't be able to win this game against a team that plays a division below the Blue Square North and South. But luckily, I was proved wrong and Liam Newman grabbed 2 goals and Dale Sams and Junior Mendes got 1 each sending us through to the 1st Round of the cup (finally).

League: Lymington Town 1-0 Hayling United

A game that shouldn't have been a challenge for us, but it ended up being a turn-based match with each side one-by-one making opportunities then wasting them until Liam Newman broke the deadlock with a well timed strike 4 minutes into injury time.

League: Lymington Town 1-0 Totton and Eling

Both Newman and Mendes netted in this solid end to the month putting us 5 points clear at the top of the league table with 2 games in hand.

I think the qualifying rounds are simply named wrong. The 1st and 2nd are the real life extra prelim and prelim rounds, giving the correct total of 6 qualifying rounds.

• 1 month later...

November 2010

League: Hamble ASSC 1-6 Lymington Town

Simple win as expected. A hattrick from Liam Newman, a double from Gavin Scott and a goal from Billy Taylor made sure of it.

FA Cup 1st Round: Lymington Town 1-4 Hampton & Richmond Borough

So the dream cup run ends with knock straight back into realism. When Junior Mendes opened the scoring after 12 minutes I thought the magic would continue, but they were just too strong and came out on top in the end.

League: Lymington Town 2-1 Alton Town

This close shave is proof that fatigue is starting to kick in, but hopefully I can make use of my big squad and scrape through the next few fixtures whilst my first XI recover their energy. Our 2 goals came from Garry Burke and Dale Sams.

FA Vase 4th Round: Lymington Town 2-0 Oadby Town

Another close match, but luckily we won as we stand a really good chance of winning the FA Vase this season. Simon Cox and Gavin Scott helped ensure we that we still have a chance of going far in the tournament.

League: Lymington Town 6-0 Poole Town

A confident win possibly proving that fatigue won't be an issue for us this season, with 6 different players hitting the back of the net; and they were Liam Newman, Garry Burke, Tom O'Regan, Junior Mendes, Robbie Kendall and Simon Cox.

League: Fawley 2-1 Lymington Town

A shock loss at the hands of 13th place Fawley and our first loss in the league this season, issuing our players a much needed reminder not to get complacent. Liam Newman scored our only goal.

League: Brading Town 0-2 Lymington Town

A quick return to winning ways against the Isle of Wight's very own, Brading Town. Liam Newman continued his regular habit of scoring:) and Gavin Scott also got a goal.

League: Blackfield & Langley 1-1 Lymington Town

A nervy draw against a clearly weaker opposition is the end of precarious month for us. A goal 4 minutes into injury time from Dale Sams saved us the blushes of losing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived