Tactic '4-2-3-1 MAD DECENT' - Try it out!

Afternoon chaps,

After downloading tactic after tactic I decided to sort myself out and create my own. Please please please download and rate/comment as you see fit. Im not shy about getting criticism, I made sure I tried this with teams ranging from Leicister to Barcelona and I have had nothing but success. Is this just me? Hopefully you will see for yourself.

I wont waffle on about what each team member should do etc, I know I could never be bothered with it. But there are a few key points that I will point out which you will want to follow if you are to truly test it the way I have created it.

SO:

1 - THE WINGERS - you MUST stick your left footed wingers on the right, and vice versa. If they dont have that position in their arsenal, train them. Stick at it. This will result in less needless crosses coming in and instead these players will cut in and shoot, resulting in more chances to score. However, these will not eliminate assists. You will still get them, believe me.

2 - MRC & AMC. This depends on who you are. To give you an example, when i was barca, Xavi was MRC and Iniesta AMC. Now in my opinion, xavi is the more creative in terms of assists, so his instruction was 'Deep lying playmaker', and Iniesta was 'Attacking Midfielder'. If you have a more creative AMC then they should obviously be changed to 'Advanced Playmaker' and the MRC should be 'Box to Box Midfielder'. Ignore the MLC, they are automatically set to 'Ball winning midfielder' so all you have to do is put your anchor man there.

3 - STRIKER. Must be trained to 'Place Shots'. Thats it. You will get loads of one-on-ones and he must have the composure to place the ball rather than smash it.

4 - DRC. This is the guy who will get your goals from corners. Its been called a 'bug', but all i did was ask him to attack near post. So what was i supposed to do? Thats what i would do in real life, so i aint changing it. If you have beef with that, dont download. Make sure he has decent heading and anticipation, and you are set. He is also the one who will be the 'Ball Playing Defender' a Lucio or a Pique for example. If you do not have a dribbler in the defence, just change this to 'Central defender'.

And thats it really, all team instructions are done for you. But you MUST follow the above instructions, especially the wingers part. You will dominate possession most of the time and score plenty. Defence isnt doing anything particularly special, so they will be solid.

So crack on, let me know who are using it with and how you are getting on. Its my first tactic so looking forward to seeing if im any good at this tactic stuff.

Be well.

UPDATE v2

Ok guys, thanks to comments from here and other sites where ive posted the tactic (big thanks here to matthew56 for sticking with it and giving me feedback), I have gone and tweaked it in varying degrees, and hopefully I have uploaded something that is better. Again, all feedback welcome.

The changes were mainly individual, the Team Instructions were left the same as I didnt believe in changing my philosophy, I just changed positional stuff, mentalities, shots, crossing targets and especially positions on set pieces. The major thing i did though is I have done away with my earlier idea that the most creative position should be the 'playmaker'. And here's why.

After looking at my games unfolding (I replayed MANY of the same games to see where I could see a general improvement regardless of opposition), I decided that the MRC should ALWAYS be the 'deep lying playmaker'. I know that probably wont make sense to start with, especially as you may have an absolute star at the AMC position, BUT one thing i noticed as that if my MRC was 'box to box' or other, he would just drift around, passing backwards or out wide for the most part, and generally be ineffective. So at that point its kind of redundant whether your AMC is playmaker or not, cos he just never seemed to get the ball as much.

Once i changed the MRC to playmaker and AMC to advanced midfielder, the passing was much more offensively based. Thankfully, the ball went forward. So then the AMC receives the ball much more readily, and as a result of his advanced position, the rest took care of itself.

The only thing that still troubles me, and i dont know if this the team im using (A. Villa), but my striker tends to lack goals. Im led to believe that this should be dealt with in a case-by-case method - meaning that if you have a small, pacey striker, then leave him on poacher. If he is tall and strong, try complete forward. This part is still a work-in-progress, so please do help me if you find something that works effectively.

Finally to give some perspective, I give you my team and the last 2 results which i have got with this tweaked formation:

Aston Villa

GK Friedel

RB K Walker

RCB Dunne

LCB Collins

LB Warnock

MRC Moussa Sissoko

LMC Jean Makoun

AMR Downing

AMC Hazard

AML Young

ST Bent

So not huge changes, just sissoko and hazard. And you would hardly call Sissoko a playmaker, would you? But this seems to work - as mentioned earlier, the team goes forward. P.S. Dunne and Collins are terrible IMO, you get a new CB in and you will fare much better I would think.

Last 2 games

Chelsea 0-2 A Villa

(54% poss, I had 11 attempts v 19 - again, still loads of long range shots, so not fussed about that playing at Stamford Bridge)

Sporting Lisbon 1-3 A Villa

(60% poss, I had 19 attempts v 10)

So good luck, please let me know how you do. And ALL feedback welcome!

DOWNLOAD HERE:

https://rapidshare.com/files/4120767492/Mad_Decent_v2__Aston_Villa__Sep_2010_.tac

OR HERE:

http://letitbit.net/download/55787.53525873e91d7c347e2a3f5f8eef/Mad_Decent_v2_(Aston_Villa_Sep_2010).tac.html

@ Spikester - No worries, I think i have some old saved games which i used the tactic with. Will look tonight and post some shots if poss.

@Avelives - Yeah totally appreciate what you're saying, but i have used it with about 5 teams, with varying abilities. Just using my latest one as an example, i am Aston Villa and have just beaten Arsenal 4-0 away, I can post a shot of that for sure cos that happened last night if you would like to see?

Cheers guys

@Matthew56

Very good point - Pitch size MINIMUM. Otherwise you will get exposed in the middle.

Plug & Play for sure, opp instructions is really up to you. I seem to use 'For the Fans' alot.

Shouts - not many at all, i just look at the key moments of the match and if a pattern emerges, eg the chances seem to be coming from the left, i will instruct the team to focus the ball that way.

Match Prep - Team Blend at Pre-Season with High intensity, then attacking movement with default intensity.

Games to settle - well, it should be almost instant, but dont be concerned if it doesnt work straight away. Give it 5 games, if no good then bin it. As for your match, considering the possession and positions in the table, i would say thats a decent start. Were you happy with your teams performance? 58% is definitely heading in the right direction.

What are your thoughts overall? Did you follow all the points above?

PS - You raise great questions, i really should have mentioned them in my OP. Especially minimum pitch size, that is CRUCIAL!

Cheers matt

Also matt, Year 2026? Dedication! Im guessing then that your team was used to playing a certain formation for so many years? If so, could be a factor? Try it on your next new game and see what happens when you use it from the start.

Hmmm, Id ask for players names but by 2026 i probably wont recognize a single one.

Is your pitch minimum as you asked before? Not full squad? - ok, are you training the wrong sided wingers? Give them time to full train up. Which member of the midfielders is the creative one?

Gutted! My first user of the tactic and no joy.

to be faire my last game i wasnt with my full team

third game with your tactic

away

norwich(18) vs mansfield(16) - 4 key players missing

ht score 0-0 ft score

shots 18 11

shots on target 8 5

possesion 46 54

nb great game by my goaler :p

Take a look at your most creative midfielder or AMC, look for decisions, creativity and passing. If its your MRC, make him deep lying playmaker and AMC Attacking Mid, or if AMC is the one then he is 'advanced playmaker' and your MRC becomes box to box. See how that goes. Ive got chelsea next, away....

Beat them 2-1 away. 50 - 50 possession but again shots from outside the box so more than happy with that. And if bent was a half decent striker he would have got more than the 1.

Had to play alrighton as downing was out - so because hes right footed and playing on the right, i changed him to winger att instead of inside forward

Narrow pitch with a 4-2-3-1?

I play a similar formation and style, sans the 'corner cheat'. While I play a slightly narrow width, my pitch is set to maximum and tend to average over 63% in possession unless player teams like Madrid where I get at least 54%.

Also, do you have your AMC set to 'roam from position' and/or 'move into channels' either as an advanced playmaker or attacking midfielder?

k0109671 the best of the tactic i liked is that the defense is tight and the opposition must shoot form outside that looks great mate next game vs leeds home nb: i have to bring the right players for this tactic and to study it more it s only 3 games

mansfiled 0 leeds 1

shots 13 11

target 3 3

possesion 58 42

Hmm, seems like your team is playing well, just not putting the ball in the net. Try changing your striker to 'attack' rather than support'. The reason he is 'support' right now is with the wingers cutting in, the striker should get a few assists too. Changing to attack might help you. But happy to hear you are liking it, or at least its a start.

As for the striker himself, i ALWAYS go for pace and composure. You will begin to notice that you will break quickly, and a fast striker will make all the difference! Good luck in the next game. Keep me updated!

I play as A.C Milan and also use the same tactic as Spain manager. My first eleven is like this:

GK - David de Gea (goalkeeper/defend)

DR - Philipp Lahm (full back/automatic)

DL - Gareth Bale (full back/automatic)

DCR - Thiago Silva (central defender/defend)

DCL - Benedikt Howedes/Simon Kjaer (central defender/cover)

MCR - Marco Ezio Fossati (box to box midfielder/support)

MCL - Arturo Vidal (ball winning midfielder/defend)

AMR - Alexis Sanchez (inside forward/attack)

AMC - Javier Pastore (advanced playmaker/support)

AML - Eden Hazard (inside forward/attack)

FC - Pato (poacher/attack)

In the next transfer, I'm looking to beat Barcelona to the punch and sign Fabregas and probably Hugo Lloris as well.

I tried playing with a rigid philosophy and didn't like it. All the players did was just pass the ball around without ever going forward. But with a fluid philosophy, they move better and I have the AMR, AML and MCR roaming from position.

What a tw*t. My first upload and i select the wrong one. Re-uploaded now buddy, cheers for the spot.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2643120496/Mad_Decent_4-2-3-1__Aston_Villa__Aug_2010_.tac

N.B. THIS HAS ALSO BEEN UPDATED IN MY ORIGINAL POST, THANKS AND APOLOGIES TO THOSE WHO DOWNLOADED THE ORIGINAL.

Hi there interesting OP, could you send the tactic via different file as I do not have rapidshare account?

Yeah i know lol you have to go round the houses a bit but it does work and its unlimited so thats why i tried it. Hit regular download after clicking, then it will go to another page with some pretty weird photos (!) then wait for a second or two and then hit 'download on slow speed'. After a countdown the link will appear.

Hope that helps!

k0109671.........ive played about 10 games so far, i love the formation and the style of play, but i seem to concede goals late in games, last 3 conceded was 85 min and beyond. So i changed the style of play to Counter-attack, play through the middle and using a target man, play to feet.

What i have found is that the AMC goes beyond the target man alot, which either takes the defender away from the target man giving him space to turn, or with decent passing the AMC is getting lots of chances. As its only been 10 games, and the team are almost fluid, i will continue with this and see what happens long term. Havent worked on the late goals yet, just wondered whether anyone else has had the same problem really?

Hmm, ive also noticed the late goals thing but luckily it hasnt been too damaging yet. though i know its a matter of time.

I also tweaked a few things, seems to be helping a little:

Changed 'Fluid' to 'Rigid' and focused passing 'Down Both Flanks' - also my Inside Forwards have been changed to 'Support' and the AMC to 'Trequartista/Attack'

I also changed to Target man like you and the changes have also been noticeable like you've seen, but ive gone with 'Run onto' instead of 'to feet' for passing - but for me this was just because i have strikers with loads of pace. I tried the counter attack method, but i just seemed to be too defensive.

Beat Newcastle 3-1 away, and then Arsenal 2-1 at home with these changes. Will give it a few more games, and if it seems worth it i will upload a latest update.

Archived