AI withholding bids

I believe the AI bidding system needs to be tweaked due to this experience I've just had in game:-

began managing liverpool fc and after 7 years I finished 6th then 5th then won the Premiership consecutively for 5 years in a row and many other cups, throughout this period the highest bid I had received was 25.5m after negotiating with Barcelona for Daniel Agger. I have only received 2 other bids both 25m over this 7 year stint although the amount of speculation I had over 25m was substantial. I then accepted a job offer from Arsenal the moment I had gone 2 clubs put in bids for 2 of my old players one being Eden Hazard for 50m and another for an average 3 star left back I had for 60m wtf?! where were these bids when I was in charge. My team was class and the transfer offers I received during my reign were poor and negligible, this has happened in other games as well so I believe this needs to be addressed...having more and higher transfer bids received makes the game more *fun* to play and it would be more balanced instead of only the AI receiving these kind of bids.

What are your experiences of this and do you think the transfer system needs tweaking?

the AI didn't think that you would sell but that the club would sell while they were managerless IF the bid was high enough, hence the large bids...

Unless, I am missing your sarcasm that has to be one of the most ridiculous justifications for this major on going bug I have ever seen.

I think that SI realizes that the game would be too easy for us if we received the same kinds of offers as AI teams receive. However, since the game is presented as a simulation, this explanation is not one they are willing to give.

And, by the way, I recognize that the problem is much improved in patch 11.3. It is now possible to receive offers over the official value the game assigns to players. It did not use to be possible.

That wouldn't really solve the problem. It would just hide it from us better.

That was aimed at this:-

And, by the way, I recognize that the problem is much improved in patch 11.3. It is now possible to receive offers over the official value the game assigns to players. It did not use to be possible.

Rather than the point in the OP. I agree there's an issue as described in the OP, but the whole business of complaints about the AI not submitting enormous bids for players is entirely down to most people expecting outrageous bids based on what the game displays a players 'value' as. I've always believed that players are worth only what someone is willing to pay for them, so having a constant 'value' tag attached to them is both unrealistic and an immersion breaker.

Did the OP ever offer the players out whilst in charge? It seems to me the best way to sell a player is to offer them out for a big amount. I offered my newgen MC out £60 million and got £38.5 million for him, I offered Ramsey out for £30 million and got £22.5 million for him and I offered out Neymar for £60 million and got £41 million for him. I agree things maybe need changing as the AI did not offer them out but that is the only way I know to get big bids the AI never offers out their best players but we have to.

I rarely offer players out because I never get an exceptional offer come through its always a cut price offer the AI submits and not the value you wanted. Never have I got a bid over 40m when offering a player out also when you do this the player becomes upset. I'd love to sell my players for the amounts I set on them and I constantly receive media attention about so and so are considering making a 50-60m bid but nothing ever happens it seems you have to make the first move which should not be the case, also I see if I don't offer the player to the club the club interested will just go after another player paying well over the odds.

I rarely offer players out because I never get an exceptional offer come through its always a cut price offer the AI submits and not the value you wanted. Never have I got a bid over 40m when offering a player out also when you do this the player becomes upset. I'd love to sell my players for the amounts I set on them and I constantly receive media attention about so and so are considering making a 50-60m bid but nothing ever happens it seems you have to make the first move which should not be the case, also I see if I don't offer the player to the club the club interested will just go after another player paying well over the odds.

You get media interaction because other clubs are interested however they are put off from bidding by your asking price, media interaction, player happiness, squad status etc. They either feel you wouldn't accept an offer or they turn their attention to cheaper alternatives from other clubs.

It seems to me you value your players too highly, for example my save is in 2018 and there have been zero transfers over £40m, in fact there have been less than 25 transfers over £20m. Last year on FM10 I had a very similar experience with a 20 year save with very few transfers over £20m.

In terms of offering players out and setting an asking price you shouldn't be setting it at the minimum level you would accept. You should be setting it higher and expecting the AI to offer/negotiate this amount down, this is basic selling strategy and used all the time in the real world in a variety of industries. If you want £50m for your player you should be setting an asking price/offering them out at £60m-£80m.

In terms of your OP its true to say the human player receives less offers (In terms of quantity) than AI teams, this has been more or less proven in other threads but setting high asking prices & dismissing interaction in the media does discourage bids as well. An average human user is more proactive in blocking bids and less likely than the AI to sell a good player which also gives the impression that the AI teams are more active.

I had alot of speculation with my old player Eden Hazard with teams interested in buying him for 50m+ I would either respond with I'll sell him at the right price or ignore it this happened many times over 6 years and I never received one bid, as soon as I left the club Espanyol sign him for 49.5m with their new manager in charge.

I set most of my players with my asking price and receive plenty of interest and speculation with figures equaling my asking price over 7 years, but I never get any bids come to fruition. My average left back whom I put a 60m asking price on never received any bids and he didn't get a lot of media attention, squad status was rotation, same time as the Hazard bid - a 60m offer comes in after 2-3 weeks out of the job.

As for offering players if I tried offering a player for 60m in the hope of getting 40m I tend to receive no offers

The media prices mean nothing if you set a players value to £200 million on transfer status the media will say a club is willing to pay over £100 million for a player. If you want to get big offer in my experiences you need to offer them out I sold Hazard for over £40 million with Sunderland so it is more than possible. Did you ever offer Hazard out?

Not Hazard per say but I offered out a previous player in the same region and received only cut price offers, the point I'm trying to make is that I have put values on players which the AI are willing to pay for hence the Hazard transfer and the left back, if I offer the player out I am going to upset the player and I'm unlikely to receive as much money than the AI does when they don't offer players out. Back in some of the old games i.e cm01/02 you would get unexpected big offers for your top players and it was a real struggle to make a decision whether you want to be greedy or have one of the best players these kind of bids made the game fun.

Not Hazard per say but I offered out a previous player in the same region and received only cut price offers, the point I'm trying to make is that I have put values on players which the AI are willing to pay for hence the Hazard transfer and the left back, if I offer the player out I am going to upset the player and I'm unlikely to receive as much money than the AI does when they don't offer players out. Back in some of the old games i.e cm01/02 you would get unexpected big offers for your top players and it was a real struggle to make a decision whether you want to be greedy or have one of the best players these kind of bids made the game fun.

You don't know what the AI did after you left. You don't know if they offered them out, negotiated an offer, what price they set or anything.

You might upset the player if you offer him out but if you don't want to sell him don't offer him out and if you do want to sell him it makes little difference.

I'll also say it again you shouldn't expect the AI to bid your asking price/offering out price. You should expect the AI to offer less so adjust the your prices to reflect this. If you don't get bids when you offer them out then you are asking too much.

Surely I should know when a player is offered out? I've had players offered to me before, when big name players get offered out you'd expect it to be big news and for there to be transfer speculation...I don't have the option to offer a player out to one club and for them to keep it quiet also the player wasn't unhappy at being offered out which would suggest he wasn't offered out.

You seem to be missing my point there are very few unexpected offers that come through, AI clubs don't try and use their financial prowess to tempt my resolve with big bids whereas in real life you have ie madrid taking ronaldo for 80m, liverpool taking andy carrol 30m, chelsea taking torres 50m. After winning the prem 5 times and champions league twice where are these tempting offers I should be receiving for my players? I expect Man City/Barca to bully me into selling one of my 5 star players for a 40m+ amount but I don't even get an enquiry, why should I have to offer my players out to receive bids?

Surely I should know when a player is offered out? I've had players offered to me before, when big name players get offered out you'd expect it to be big news and for there to be transfer speculation...I don't have the option to offer a player out to one club and for them to keep it quiet also the player wasn't unhappy at being offered out which would suggest he wasn't offered out.

Aren't Arsenal and Liverpool rivals? They're certainly in the same league. I doubt they would have offered their players to you.

The game cannot distinguish between AI and human managers in most circumstances.

I think I agree that there should be more unsolicited bids from big sides when you are a big side anyway. Currently, I think you still get them if you are an Aston Villa, working their way up, but clubs like Manchester United and Liverpool don't receive bids from Real Madrid and Barcelona.

You seem to be missing my point there are very few unexpected offers that come through, AI clubs don't try and use their financial prowess to tempt my resolve with big bids whereas in real life you have ie madrid taking ronaldo for 80m, liverpool taking andy carrol 30m, chelsea taking torres 50m. After winning the prem 5 times and champions league twice where are these tempting offers I should be receiving for my players? I expect Man City/Barca to bully me into selling one of my 5 star players for a 40m+ amount but I don't even get an enquiry, why should I have to offer my players out to receive bids?

Yes, I do agree that there are few unexpected offers and this has been highlighted in the past but as I've said earlier a lot of human users make it less likely to receive unexpected bids by things they do within the game. Personally I also feel that SI have toned down the number of offers so that a human user isn't bombarded with lots everyday and they have set it a little on the low side.

Looking at your examples I should probably highlight the effect of reputation:

Ronaldo - A once in a lifetime transfer really and certainly not the norm. Went from a top English club to a top Spanish club, it cost them a massive amount of money even by football's standards and took RM 2-3 years of chasing.

Torres - Went from a side that hadn't won a trophy while he was there and was looking doubtful for Champion's League qualification to one who had won trophies/looking a good bet for a Champion's League run. Even then he still cost a large fee.

Carroll - Went from a midtable team to one regularly in Europe, still expensive partially as a knockon effect of the Torres transfer.

Basically what happens in general is that players move to more successful clubs as their careers progress and as you have won the EPL 5 times/Champion's League twice its unlikely your rivals will target your players. This will really limit who you can sell your star players too with really only the top Spanish sides (Real & Barcelona) in a position to match your reputation & price.

Archived