[FM11] C'mon!

markyosullivan

Halfway through the 2018/2019 season and I've received a really interesting job offer, hoping to delay it until the end of the season so I can start building my team for the 2019/2020 season. Looks like I'm off to Spain! Time to learn some Spanish! :p

Me Gusta!

C'mon! - Cádiz CF

Cdiz_cf_180px.png

Jan 2019

In December 2018 I found out that Cadiz CF were looking for a new manager, they're currently in the Spanish Second Division B4, which is the 3rd division in Spain. I have heard of Cadiz before as I remember them being in the top division but I was surprised when I found out that they were only in the top division in recent times for 1 season back in the 2005/2006 season.

This is one of the jobs I really wanted, a team who not so long ago were in the top division. Shortly after applying I was approached and when I saw what I was being offered p/w and what type of transfer budget and wage budget I was working with, my jaw nearly hit the floor. (Job Offer)

I tried my best to delay taking over the club until the 2019/2020 season but in Jan 2019 they refused to delay the offer any longer and so I accepted.

Club Background

Information

Facilities

Finances

Domestic League History

The team who finishes 1st in this division automatically gets promoted to the LIGA Adelante, however I'm not exactly sure how the playoff system works in this division.

League Table

Key Players

Javito - In the appearances so far this season, he's done really well and looks to be the best midfielder in the team. 13(2) appearances, 5 goals, 3 assists, 1 MotM award and an average rating of 7.29, I hope that he will continue to perform well for the rest of the season

Estanislao Fuentes - When I joined the club he was transfer listed for under £30k, he looks to be one of the best strikers at the club and is still young, so he can improve.

Eros Pisano - Best player at the club, in 12 appearances he has got 2 assists and 6 MotM awards with an average rating of 8.01, if he continues to play as well as he has in the 1st half of the season, maybe we can get promoted

Álvaro Silva - Experienced CB and probably the best CB at the club. Has been performing well in his 12(2) appearances, 1 goal, 1 MotM award and an average rating of 7.09

Staff

Shortly after arriving, I decided to terminate the club's Assistant Manager's contract and I've offered a contract to my former Assistant - Gorée who looks set to join Cádiz CF.

Targets

Promotion. The club is very close to the playoff positions and were pre-season favourites to win the league, I'm hoping that we will finish 1st or at least get promoted via the playoffs

Bring in my own team of staff. I'm hoping to add a number of top quality scouts and coaches to the club to help me, I'm looking to do this ASAP as new scouts will help me find potential signings and new coaches could help improve my players.

C'mon! - Cádiz CF

Cdiz_cf_180px.png

Review 2018/2019

Spanish Second Division B4

We got off to a great start, and we managed to go my first 10 games unbeaten, winning 8 and drawing twice. Sadly one of our key players Eros Pisano got injured and without a proper back up LB I had to use some players who were not used to playing LB. It was a terrible run, we lost 3 times in a row after our 10 match unbeaten run, then managed to get a win and then back to losing ways, losing 4 in a row and then winning the remaining 2 matches of the season.

We had a great start and were at one point in 3rd place and really close to catching up with the teams in first and 2nd place but having no real back up LB has really cost us I believe. The last 2 games of the season we had Pisano back and that's why I believe we won them.

League Table

Spanish Cup

Cádiz CF were knocked out of the cup before I joined. They were knocked out in the 3rd round against Ceuta.

Targets

Promotion. The club is very close to the playoff positions and were pre-season favourites to win the league, I'm hoping that we will finish 1st or at least get promoted via the playoffs.

Failed. I've learned this season than the club lacked depth which I believe cost us and I will be looking to get in a few more players for next season. Lucky for me, the board wasn't judging me on the club's league performance this season, if they were I probably would've been sacked by now. I think that next season I'll be expected once again to finish 1st and if I fail to win the league, my stay in Spain will be a brief one.

Bring in my own team of staff. I'm hoping to add a number of top quality scouts and coaches to the club to help me, I'm looking to do this ASAP as new scouts will help me find potential signings and new coaches could help improve my players.

Achieved. I quickly managed to release a number of youth coaches and I kept 1 coach and 1 GK. In came Gorée as my Assistant Manager and I brought in a number of better coaches to help me out. I also got a few new scouts to help spot potential signings for the club.

Key Players

Eros Pisano - Probably the heartbeat of the team, with him, the team is unstoppable, without him, the team can't get a win from anywhere. Starting to get a bit old, so I will have to look out for a new young LB.

Ismael - Best Midfielder for the team, set up a number of goals and scored a few himself.

Estanislao Fuentes - I was shocked to find out when I joined the club that this kid was transfer listed, he hadn't played in the league until I joined, it took him 3/4 games before he started scoring but after he did start scoring he couldn't stop.

Transfers

Players IN: £1.6M

Erik Olaussen

Emmanuel Tapoko - £1.6M

Lucas Barrios

Players OUT: £0

Mikel Rico

Previous Club Watch

Bromley - Finished 20th, avoiding relegation by 1 point. Ricardo leaving at the end of the season when his contract expires, agreed to move to Cittadella who are an Italian club in Serie B.

Fans' Player of the Year: Eros Pisano

Spanish 2nd Division B4: 7th (20-7-11)

Spanish Cup: 3rd round

C'mon! - Cádiz CF

Cdiz_cf_180px.png

Preview 2019/2020

Board Expectation: Winners

Media Prediction: 1st

Title Odds: 3-1

Spanish Cup

Board Expectation: 4th Round

Finances

Salary

Summary

Transfers - Summary

Players IN: £1.65M

Pape Diop

Amos Okonkwo - £1.4M

Daniel Osvaldo

Florent Grosjean

Enzo Pérez

David Silva (Yes the Man City player :) but his physical stats aren't as good as they used to be)

Enrico Alfonso

Gustavo Guerra

Alejandro Rodríguez - £250k

Players OUT: £4.2M

César - £100k

Álex - £200k

Fernando Llorente - £400k

César Valenzuela - £240k

Emmanuel Tapoko - £3.2M (chairman accepted the offer without asking me :( )

Targets

Win the league. I've strengthened a number of areas in the squad and I'm hoping that this year we will be more consistent and hopefully win the league. Failure to win the league could result in me losing my job.

C'mon! - Cádiz CF

Cdiz_cf_180px.png

Review 2019/2020

We didn't get off to a great start, winning 2 of our first 6 games, drawing 3 and losing 1. After a shakey start to the season, we started to become more consistent and were winning a lot of our games. It was very close all season and there were 4 teams competing for the title. We had great run in Feb/March where we won 8 games in a row putting us in 1st place. The last game of the season came, we were still in 1st place but all of the top 4 teams had a chance in winning the league.

We conceeding early into our last league game, but after saying to the team "We must get a result here!", my team scored shortly after the second half started and then we scored again in the 77th minute. I told my team to sit back and counter any of their attacks, hoping that we could maybe score another goal and wrap up the match. The match finished 2-1, we were the champions! And I still had my job. One of my players praised my half time team talk after the match and said that it was my words that inspired the team to victory.

After winning the league I realised that we weren't promoted, we then were in the promotion playoffs. All of the champions of the Spanish Second Divisions (B1, B2, B3, B4) go into the 1st phase semi final, the teams that finish in the playoff spots get put into the 2nd phase 1st round. Not knowing what I had to do to get promoted, we faced Lleida and beat them 3-1 in the first leg and 1-0 in the second leg. After the 2 leg victory, I was informed that we had been promoted. In the final we faced Barakaldo and won our first match 3-2 (H) and lost our 2nd game 2-1 (A) and lost in the final due to the away goal rule. If I'm honest I didn't really care that I lost, I was promoted to the LIGA adelante the second highest division in Spain!

League

Past Positions

Spanish Cup

Got put out in the 3rd round by the team we went on to beat in the Spanish Second Division promotion playoffs - Lleida. We were beat 1-0 (H) in the 3rd round.

Targets

Win the league. I've strengthened a number of areas in the squad and I'm hoping that this year we will be more consistent and hopefully win the league. Failure to win the league could result in me losing my job.

Achieved. The league was a lot closer than I thought it would be and I wasn't helped by the chairman selling Tapoko days before the start of the season and selling David Silva to Villarreal in January for £1M.

Key Players

Estanislao Fuentes - Probably the best player this season, scored the most goals and had the most assists. He's one of the players that have came through Cádiz' youth academy. I'm glad that he managed to stay fit for most of the season, if he would've had a bad injury I'm sure that my team would've struggled to win the league without him. 35(4) appearances, 19 goals, 2(2) penalties, 17 assists, 7 MotM awards and an average rating of 7.34

Alejandro - Was playing for the U19's last season as a 16 year old. I brought him into the squad for this season as I felt that he was ready to compete for a place in the team, he didn't just compete for a place in the team, he basically cemented his place in the team with his consistently good performances. I'm glad that I have a 2nd player that has came through the youth academy and is now playing for the 1st team.

A number of clubs have been following his progress and there has been a few offers made for him but they were very low offers. I have set the asking price for him to £15M. 33(1) appearances, 3 goals, 6 assists, 2 MotM awards and an average rating of 7.06

Florent Grosjean - One of my summer signings, got him for free when he was released from Valencia. Scored a number of goals for the club and was my most consistent defender in the team. Also voted Fans' Player of the Year. 27(1) appearances, 9 goals, 1 assist, 3 MotM awards and an average rating of 7.44 for the Frenchman.

Transfers (Since Preview) - Summary

Players IN: £200k

Babacar Sarr - £50k

Abdoulaye Camara - £150k

Players OUT: £1.25M

Bradden Inman - £250k

David Silva - £1M (chairman sold him without asking me)

Other

I reached my 400th game in Football Management this season against Cádiz' rivals - Xerez. Great result for a great achievement, we won the match 3-0.

Shortly after winning the league, I was approached by Serie B club Atalanta to replace the manager who just left their club to take over another Italian club. I had to really consider this job offer, Atalanta was offering me higher wages a bigger transfer budget and a much bigger wage budget. In the end I decided to decline the job offer, having just got Cádiz promoted I want to stay with them and try and keep them in the LIGA adelante next season.

Previous Club Watch

Bromley - Better season for the Lilywhites, finished 6th and qualified for the playoffs. They were put out on penalties (sounds familiar), against Crystal Palace in the Semi final.

Spanish 2nd Divison B4: 1st (24-6-8)

Spanish Cup: 3rd round

C'mon! - Cádiz CF

Cdiz_cf_180px.png

Preview 2020/2021

LIGA Adelante

First season being back in the 2nd tier of spanish football. Hoping that the team will be able to compete with the other teams in this division, main aim is to see them survive in the league and not get relegated to the spanish 2nd division.

Board Expectation: Stay clear of relegation

Media Prediction: 16th

Title Odds: 33-1

Spanish Cup

Was disappointed that we didn't met the board's target of the 4th round last season, hopefully we'll met the target this season.

Board Expectation: 4th round

Finances

Salary

Summary

Transfers - Summary

Players IN: £400k

Grigory Afonin - Free

Ante Susac - Free

Lawrence Sani - £65k

Goncalo Marcelino - Free (signed him up because he has good potiental and could eventually become a first team player for the club according to my scouts)

Ibrahim Essuman - £325k

Players OUT: £0

Luis Fernando Fernández - Free

Alberto Escassi - Free

Pape Diop - Free

Targets

Survive. I want this team to at least survive and not get relegated. I'm not sure how we will do as I don't know much about the teams in this division. If we survive this season, we can strengthen our team to improve for next season.

Archived