[FM11] A European Journey

BJT

A European Journey

Fm Version : 11.3

Database: Large

Leagues: Eng / Fra / Spa / Ita / Ger (top tier)

Starting Clubs: Lyon / OM

Preview

After completing his coaching badge in England, Moss has struggled to find employment in his homeland. But boasting a great knowledge of the European game, French giants Lyon have taken a gamble on the young Englishman.

After failing to win the French Championship this year, they’ll be fast looking for success to bring them back to the top where they consider themselves to be. The pressure is bound to be on the ambitious Moss, whose well known to want to experience football all over the European continent in his lifetime.

He’s also joined by a close friend of his, Mr Leslie in the French league. After taking over at Olympique Marseille, there promises to be some great rivalries between the pair, wherever they end up in their careers.

Manager Info

Manager: Moss (Lyon)

Fav Clubs: Aston Villa, Real Madrid

Fav Managers: Jose Mourinho, Sven-Goran Erikkson

Disliked Managers: Rafa Benitez, Steve McClaren

Favoured Systems: 4-1-2-1-2 / 4-3-3- / 4-2-3-1

Playing Style: Balanced / Offensive

Manager: Leslie (OM)

Fav Clubs: Newcastle, Arsenal

Fav Managers: Arsene Wenger

Disliked Managers: Steve McClaren, Sam Alladyce

Favoured Systems: 4-4-2

Playing Style: Offensive

europea.jpg

Honors

Moss

Sackings / Resignations: 0

Majors

-

-

Minors

-

-

Leslie

Sackings / Resignations: 1

Majors

-

-

Minors

-French Champions Trophy x1

-

**French News** - 18.12.11

Ben Leslie has been sacked by Olimpique Marseille chairman Jean-Claude Dassier. Currently laying in 15th place, has resulted in this move with the club seen to be in a crisis state. Title aspirations already down the pan, the new boss will surely need to increase morale to improve their current league position.

Ironically, his last game was the 1-0 home defeat to Leslie's English counterpart Moss. The scoreline failed to show the frailties that were all on show from the Marseille side.

"It's sad to see my good friend Leslie struggle in his first job in management. But I'm sure he'll bounce back very soon and find himself another club. Perhaps Marseille just wasn't the club for him".

---

**French News** - 19.12.11

Lille have decided to snap up the services of Ben Leslie. After only just being sacked from Marseille, board members of Lille had a discussion and despite his poor showing, have faith in his ability to shine. He's well respected by some members of the club. With a big point now to prove, Leslie has greater reason to be more motivated to achieve. He takes over the team being 5 points behind the league leaders, Moss' Lyon.

Will Leslie be able to improve the pundits wrong, who believe this is to be an extremely risk appointment.

"I never had the opportunity to bring the personal I wanted into Marseille. Hopefully the board here will appreciate what I'm aiming to do and will give me the time that any manager needs to bring long term success to a club"

Season 1 - Mid Season Overview

yrmidseason.jpg

Moss - Lyon

Current Position: 1st

Moss' Lyon side who were runners up last year, currently top the table at the half-way point. A vital win over Ben Leslie's old club and last year's champions Marseille, has left Moss's side in a good position coming into the second half of the season. Still in both French cups, and also in the champions league, it promises to be a successful first year in charge.

Bolstered by the signings of Shawcross, Romero, Corchia, and Gervinho in January, the squad should hopefully be strong enough to deal with any injury problems that may surface. Currently Lloris is out for a couple of months. Moss has also been able to bring in highly rated 18 year old Phil Jones in from Blackburn.

"Apart from our first league game which we lost at home to Monaco, our league form has been extremely pleasing. We've done okay in Europe aswell, and greatly look forward to our tie away to Dinamo Kiev in the first leg. It will be a tricky game, but I'm confident if we stay clear of injuries we have the potential to progress far in this competition. With regards to my good friend's appointment at Lille, he's taken over a club in a rich vein of form. They've got some quality players in their ranks this year, and I'm sure he'll be looking to bring a few new guys in to maintain their push for the title."

Leslie - Lille

Current Position: 2nd

After being sacked as boss of last year's league winners Marseille, Leslie has had little time to work with his new squad. Leaving his previous club just outside the relegation zone, it's an unexpected but welcome challenge to be now pushing Moss for the French league title. Unlike at Marseille, Leslie has the chance to bring in some personnel in the January transfer window. There should be sufficient funds to bring in his preferred personnel, with the sale of Gervinho to rivals Lyon. He's reportedly looking for a few key players to improve his first team. Whether they will gel quick enough to continue their push remains to be seen.

"I never got the chance at Marseille to bring in suitable players to succeed here. I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity the Lille board have given me to prove myself here. They are a club with great potential. It's great to have the opportunity to work with Eden Hazard, as he was my prime target to bring in at my previous club. We still need a few tweaks to the side to continue the form we have so far this year, but I'm confident we can have a good second half of the season and win the club's first league title since 1854."

Archived