United we Stand, United we Fall

mark wilson27

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Player Evaluations:

Van Der Sar: Played 42 Goals 0 Av.Rat 6.79: Maybe the last season for the club and has done brilliantly for me in the time I have been at the club.

Foster: Played 13(1) Goals 0 Av.Rat 6.71: Did well when called upon and will probably be No.1 for next season

O'Shea: Played 54 Goals 0 Av.Rat 6.93: Very solid season, always consistent and never let me down when called upon

Brown: Played 42(1) Goals 2 Av.Rat 6.93: Same as O'Shea but added goals when needed

Neville: Played 51 Goals 0 Av.Rat 6.78: Did well but made a few mistakes and kept falling out with players

Ferdinand: Played 55 Goals 3 Av.Rat 6.89: Very good season and is a possible contender for the captaincy. Added some important goals

Rafael: Played 20(4) Goals 0 Av.Rat 6.88: Good first season for the club and has aroused alot of intrest from other clubs

Fabio: Played 0(9) Goals 0 Av.Rat 6.78: Didn't play as much as Rafael but was solid when he did play, has also aroused intrest by alot of clubs

Hargreaves: Played 25 Goals 2 Av.Rat 7.00: Out for 5 months with a broken leg but played excellent before the injury

Fletcher: Played 1(4) Goals 0 Av.Rat 6.40: Didn't feature much at all and will be leaving us during the pre-season

Carrick: Played 34(2) Goals 2 Av.Rat 6.92: Another good season in the red shirt and showed everyone his worth with some excellent performances, only problem I have is he has been prone to some silly mistakes in big games

Ronaldo: Played 34(2) Goals 12 Av.Rat 7.08: Missed two months of the season due to injury but otherwise played at his usual world class level

Nani: Played 33(7) Goals 5 Av.Rat 6.90: Excellent season and was very consistant, could of scored more goals though and will working during pre-season to remedy this

Giggs: Played 34(4) Goals 3 Av.Rat 7.11: A great season altogether but his age is beginning to show as he is unable to go a full ninety minutes

Anderson: Played 38(7) Goals 6 Av.Rat 6.93: Great season and one of the top performers this season for my club

Aimar: Played 18(4) Goals 2 Av.Rat 6.95: A good start to his United career but am getting worried by his constant complaining

Scholes: Played 0(3) Goals 0 Av.Rat 7.00: Transfer listed so he can enjoy the last couple of years of his career playing football, spent alot of the season in the reserves but doesn't feature in my plans for next season

Tevez: Played 25(10) Goals 16 Av.Rat 7.03: Amother player to miss alot of season to injury but still notched up alot of improtant goals for me

Rooney: Played 47(2) Goals 25 Av.Rat 7.06: Missed start of season due to injury but came back with all guns blazing to end up our second top scorer

Brandy: Played 1 Goals 1 Av.Rat 8.00: Will get more of a chance next season after impressing me whilst in the reserves

Fangzhuo: Played 1(3) Goals 2 Av.Rat 6.75: Did well when called upon, but has been complaining about not getting first team games.

Owen: Played 37(8) Goals 39 Av.Rat 7.16: Excellent season and showed why I paid £10,00,000 for him. Scoring nearly a goal an appearance

Next season I want to do better domestically but thats if I get a new contract as talks haven't start yet

June 4th: Tottenham have been awarded a European place after England came top in the Uefa Fair Play league and Totne==enham were top of our Fair Play league

June 20th: Wayne Rooney has been voted the Fans Player of the Year

June 24th: I have finally been offered a new contract. The club has offered me a two year contract which of course I accepted straight away.

June 25th: The first friendly of the pre-season see's us entertain Betis. A dull first half gave way to very good second half as both teams came out and entertained. Betis scored first on the 76th minute but this was quickly followed by Brown equalising for us. However our luck didn't hold out and on the 85th minute we lost the game with a stunning Betis winner

June 28th: The second friendly see's us fly out to Germany as we face Dortmund, we scored first on the 39th minute with Nani but this again was quickly followed by a Dortmund equaliser on the 45th minute. The second half was good to watch but no goals were scored.

June 30th: We now faced Frankfurt and we got off to a great start as Owen fired in after 2 minutes but Frankfurt then equalised on the 13th minute. The next goal was scored by Ronalod on the 50th minute but yet again our defence let us down and we conceded the equaliser on the 83rd minute.

July 1st: Transfer news see's Darrne Fletcher join Valencia on a free.

Hilton joins Scunthorpe on a free

Fabio joins Newcastle United for £2,000,000

Scholes and Eckersley both leave the club to seek a club elsewhere

I have got to said mark that this is one of the best storys that i have ever read, i hope there is more to come. I just need to know 2 things that you could tell me if you can. Can you tell me what tactics you are using and what formation please. This is one of the best man utd story's i have ever read. Keep up the good work mate.

Appreciate the comments guys. UtdForever Im using an attacking 4-4-2 formation with the wingers going forward alot. One of the centre midfielders is used like Roy Keane was and anchorman. But if I'm in the sh@t I go to a 4-3-3 and use all out attack

Again thenaks for the comments

July 2nd: The tour of Germnay continues and we face Bayren Munich in the first of two friendly meetings with them. We started very well with a goal in the second minute by Hargreaves, this was followed by Aimar firing in on the 22nd minute. Munich then pulled one back on the 38th minute via an own goal by Rooney. Just after the break they pulled another goal after some sloppy defending. On the 68th minute we went back into the lead as Ronaldo fired a freekick and on the 88th minute we made it 4-2 as Anderson headed home. The final goal of the game went to Munich as they fired in on the 90th minute.

July 5th: I have been given the chance for a crack at International management as both the Czech Republis and Greece want me as there new manager. I decided to opt the Crzech Republic who are currently 19th in the world.

July 6th: We had our annual friendly against Matlock Town and roundly beat them 12-1, despite going a goal down after only two minutes we dominated with Aimar being the star of the show with an impressive six goal haul, Giggs, Tevez, Simpson and Campbell all got on the score sheet with Matlock adding an own goal in there aswell.

July 22nd: Our final friendly see's us face Bayern Munich at Old Trafford, the game wasn't as entertaining as the game in Germany but we still came out winners with a 2-1 victory. Hargreaves and Evans were the scorers for us.

July 24th: The odds for the Premiership have been realsed and we have been made 7-4 favourites.

July 28th: We have sold reserve player Simpson to Derby County for a fee of £2,400,000

We now have to prepare for the Community Shield on August 2nd against Liverpool

Cheers King Jeff, thats my aim every season to try and win everything but its a difficult task. I think if I did it I would retire from the club and try my hand somewhere else. Glad your enjoying the story and appreciate the comments especially from someone who is held in high regard in this forum

Cheers themakam.....

August 2nd: Manchester United v Liverpool: Community Shield; (Wembley)

Liverpool were quoted as second favourites for the Premiership and they showed us why as they started brilliantly. On the 9th minute we had our first scare as Torres fired inches wide of the upright after some schoolboy errors from my team. Five minutes later Gerrard came close but Foster was on hand to tip the ball round the upright. We were being out classed and on the 26th minute Liverpool finally scored but we got a lucky break as the assistant referee had his flag raised for offside. Then we had our second piece of luck as a poor clearance by the Liverpool defence was intercepted and Tevez fired in the first goal of the game. The goal seemed to lift my players out of whatever stuper they were in and we began to play football. Deep into first half injury time we went two goals up as Tevez again broke clear of the defence to rifle home.

At the interval I told my players we needed to improve as we had been lucky to get anything from the first half.

The second half started well enough for us as we kept the ball and used it better than we did in the first half and on the 58th minute we went a further goal in front as Ronaldo skipped past the Liverpool defnece to make it a very flattering 3-0. The game then opened up as Liverpool came forward to try and get something from the game but my defence and keeper were on top form. We did however concede one goal as Torres fired in on the stroke of full time. Unfortunatly for Liverpool we restored our three goal cushion virtually from the kick off as Nani slotted past the Liverpool keeper. A great start to the season.

Manchester United 4 Tevez 33, 45, Ronaldo 58, Nani 90

Liverpool 1 Torres 90*

(*) Indicates first goalscorer

After the great win I told the players we now had to concentrate on the first league game against newly promoted Norwich City

August 8th: Norwich Coty v Manchester United

After the win against Liverpool my team were in high spirits and it showed in our play as we taught newly promoted Norwich a footballing lesson. We started the scoring on the 16th minute as Nani fired in from short range after a brilliant team move which involved virtually every member of the team ib the build up. We then came close on the 24th minute as Tevez rifled his shot just wide, it was definatly one way traffic and on the 41st minute we doubled our lead as Ronaldo headed home from Nani's cross.

The second half began well enough as we continued our constant onslaught into the Norwich defence. However luck wasn't going all our way as on the 58th minute we lost Hargreaves to a leg injury. This didn't stop us piling forward though as on the 64th minute we went 3-0 up as Anderson fired home from 18 yards after the Noriwch defence seemed to fall asleep. We piled forward at every opportunity and on the 87th minute we completed the rout as Owen headed home to give us a convincing 4-0 win.

Norwich City 0

Manchester United 4 Nani 16, Ronaldo 41, Anderson 64, Owen 87

Injury news: Hargreaves will miss up to four months after tearing his calf muscle

August 11th: Manchester United v Derby County

A surprisingly tight game as Derby stifled my teams creativity and we struggled to create anythnig of note in the first half. Just beforet he rbeak though we had a chance to open the scoring but Owen somehow managed to miss when it was easier to score.

The second half began alittle better for us as we passed the ball better and on the 55th minute we went a goal up as Nani fired in after collecting a throughball by Giggs. Despite getting the goal we seemed to struggle to get anything else as Derby's defence put on a masterclass. Luckily for us Derby's attackers were poor and we ended with a very hard fought win.

Manchester United 1 Nani 55

Derby County 0

August 15th: Manchester United v Liverpool

A great start saw us go a goal up after a mere two minutes as Owen headed in from a Ronaldo corner. Our joy was however was short lived as Liverpool equalsied on the 4th minute as Alonso fired in from 25 yards to silence Old Tarfford. After the goals the game seemed to hit a lull as both teams became very cagey and the flow of the game wasn't helped as Liverpool were reduced to ten men after Riise was sent off for an apparent elbow on Ronaldo. We tried our best to take advantage of the situation but the Liverpool defnce held firm.

After the break we carried on trying to break the Liverpool defence but was to no avail as Liverpool held firm even after being reduced to nine men because of a second yellow card for Alonso. I was slightly dissapointed with the draw but we had more important things to think abaout as we face Arsenal next week

Manchester United 1 Owen 2

Liverpool 1 Alonso 4

After the looking at the replay of the Riise sending off I was dissapointed with Ronaldo's reaction and it looked like he made a huge meal of it

August 22nd: Manchester United v Arsenal

Arsenal came straight at us and began to dominate early on, we weren't seeing any of the ball but despite Arsenal's dominance they only managed one shot on target in the half, unfortunatly for us the shot went in as Hleb fired in from the corner of the area. We didn't get a sniff of the ball in the first half I was furious with the lack of effort with my team.

I changed the formation to a 4-3-1-2 and told them we need to attack more. They must of been listening for once as they went for it and it wasn't long till we got our reward as Ronaldo fired in the equaliser on the 54th minute. It got even better as we took the lead on the 58th minute as substitute Tevez fired in. It was a total reversal from the first half as we began to dominate Arsenal and on the 69th minute Ronaldo added his second goal of the game and our third. We were all over Arsenal and on the 77th minute we killed the game off as Aimar rifled in after coming on for Ronaldo. A real convincing second half which has set us brilliantly for the European Super Cup in six days

Manchester United 4 Ronaldo 54, 69, Tevez 58, Aimar 77

Arsenal 1 Hleb 19

August 26th: The draw for the Group Stage of the Champions League has taken place and we have to face Juventus, Marseille and Dinamo Kiev

August 28th: Manchester United v Palermo; European Super Cup (Monaco)

We face the Euro Cup winners from last season and again we provided the travelling fans with another convincing performance. We were the better team throughout and on the 18th minute it showed as Aimar ran through the Palermo defence like it wasn't there to open the scoring. Ten minutes later we came close to adding another as Owen headed into the keepers hands after finding so much room in the Palermo area. We piled forward and on the 38th minute we added our second goal as Rafael's cross spooned off his boot and flew into the net. A complete fluke.

The second half was again dominated by us and three minutes in we were three goals up as Owen fired past the onrushing Palermo keeper after he broke clear of a pretty poor defence. After the goal was scored my players relaxed alittle yet Palermo struggled to break through. The only time they did was on the 76th minute when Gignal fired in a late consalation goal, but we had done enough to win the Super Cup

Manchester United 3 Aimar 18, Rafael 38, Owen 48

Palermo 1 Gignal 76

I was pleased for my players. ANother trophy to add to there collection and whilst they were celebrating my thoughts began to wonder to the forthcoming Internationals were I will face my first games as Czech Republic manager

August 29th: The draw for the League Cup 3rd Round has taken place and we face a home tie against Birmingham City

Premiership Top Three:

1st: West Ham United 11pts (5)

2nd: Manchester United 10pts (4)

3rd: Newcastle United 10pts (4)

September 3rd: Whilst on International duty my Manchester United physio has rung to inform me that Ryan Giggs has injured his hip badly and will be missing from action for around two months

September 5th: My first game in charge of the Czech Republic is a World Cup Qualifier and we face an away tie with Latvia and despite being clear favourites we struggle to creat anything and the game ends in a boring 0-0 draw.

September 9th: My Czech side now face Slovakia at home again in the World Cup Qualifiers and after a slow start we manage a 2-0 win with goals from Polak (45) and Stajner (88)

Septmber 11th: The odds for the Cahmpions League have been released and we have been quoted at 10-1 with AC.Milan 5-1 Favourites

September 12th: Wigan Athletic v Manchester United

I had all my players back fit and raring to go after the Internationals. They started the game with all guns blazing and on the 4th minute we had our first shot on target as Tevez fired into the keepers arms. We kept on peppering the Wigna area with shot after shot and on the 24th minute we broke the deadlock as Owen rattled in a great shot to give us a deserved lead. Wigan looked out of it as we pounded there defence.

The second half was much the same as we fired shot after shot towards there goal but to no avail. The Wigan goalie was making a name for himself with some excellent stops and prevented us from adding to our one goal

Wigan Athletic 0

Manchester United 1 Owen 24

Septmber 15th: Manchester United v Marseille: Champions League Group Stage

We began our defence well and on the 9th minute came close to taking the lead as Owen fired just wide of the post, this was quickly followed by a Tevez effort going just over. On the 12th minute we went ahead as Tevez headed into an open net after the keeper fumbled an easy cross. After the goal Marseille began to get more into the game and on the 38th minute they had a goal ruled out for offside.

The second half was more open as my team and Marseille went for it. The fans were being entertained with some great football but in the end only one more goal was scored in the half as Aimar fired in our second on the 76th minute to wrap up a good win and a winning start to our campaign

Manchester United 2 Tevez 12, Aimar 76

Marseille 0

September 20th: Manchester United v Birmingham City

We seemed to struggle to get going in this one, but despite this we still had more of the ball than Birmingham. We managed to get our first real effort on target on the 28th minute as Owen fired straight into the keepers hands when it was easier for him to hit the net. Birmingham offered little in the attacking force and we made sure there passing didn't get any further than the midfield.

The second half was much the same with little being offered by the visitors. We did however begna to test there goal more and on the 64th minute we came real close to opening the scoring as Ronaldo's freekick scraped the post but went the wrong side. On the 75th minute we finally got the goal we deserved as Tevez headed home, it got even better as we regained possesion straight from kick off and Owen doubled our lead on the 76th minute a quick fire double which killed the game off completely. In truth though Birmingham didn't deserve anything from the game and we should of scored alot more than the two goals we did

Manchester United 2 Tevez 75, Owen 76

Birmingham City 0

September 23rd: Manchester United v Birmingham City; League Cup 3rd Round

This game was killed off in the 3rd minute as Birminghams Queudrue was sent off for a two footed lunge on Carrick. From then on they pulled all men back and we ended up struggling to get through a vitrual ten man defence. Try as we might the City defence held firm from our constant pressure and at the end of the half the stats showed it all as we had 75% possesion.

The second half was no different with City defending with the lifes but on the 82nd minute we were given the chance to score as Sadler was sent off for a proffesional foul on Rooney just outside the area. Ronaldo stepped up for the freekick and sent us into the 4th Round with a stunning dipping kick.

Manchester United 1 Ronaldo 83

Birmingham City 0

September 26th: Newcastle United v Manchester United

The first half saw very little in the way of football as both teams seemed to struggle on what was a very poor pitch. There was only one note worthy shot and it came from Newcastle as they ahd Foster diving at full stretch to prevent us going a goal down.

The second half was only five minutes old when it sparked into life as Newcastle took the lead with Mutu firing in after some poor closing down by my team on a whole. The goal though woke my players up and we started to play alittle better and ten minutes later we had equalised as Rooney fired in a cracker after a long cross field pass from Brown. It got even better as three minutes later we were in the lead as Tevez fired into an open net after rounding the Newcastle keeper. It became a very attacking half and on the 67th minute Newcastle nearly equalised but for a last ditch tackle by Bardsley. We had the final chance of the game as Ronaldo's freekick was well saved by the keeper after Tevez had been fouled

Newcastle United 1 Mutu 50

Manchester United 2 Rooney 60, Tevez 63

After the game I was informed that the draw for the 4th Round of the League Cup had taken place and we would be facing a home tie against Reading

September 30th: Juventus v Manchester United; Champions League Group Stage

A lively game saw the home side take the lead after 15 minutes as Marchionni fired in a good freekick after Carrick had pulled down Del Piero just outside the area. However three minutes later we had equalised as Rooney headed in from short range. Juve then came close to retaking the lead on the half hour as Del Piero broke clear of the defence to see his powerful shot well saved by Foster.

The second half couldn't of started better for us as within a minute we had taken the lead as Owen rifled home from short range after the Juventus defence had disappeared. This seemed to blow the wind out of Juve and we began to dominate and it wasn't long till Owen had the chance to wrap the game up as he fired inches wide on the 67th minute. Luckily for Owen Nani showed him how to do it on the 82nd mintue as he fired from 20 yards to beat the Juventus keeper. Juventus managed to pull a goal back in the 90th minute but it was too little too late

Juventus 2 Marchionni 15, Marchisio 90

Manchester United 3 Rooney 18, Owen 46, Nani 82

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 19pts (7)

2nd: Arsenal 18pts (8)

3rd: Chelsea 18 (7)

October 4th: Manchester United v Reading

A good start saw us go a goal up after seven minutes as Tevez volleyed home from a Ronaldo cross. Reading came straight back at us and on the 15th minute they nearly equalised as Ferdinand missed a back pass to let in there striker, luckily Foster was there to save Ferdys bacon. Reading were trying hard to force the equaliser but it left them wide open at the back and on the 29th minute we went a further goal in front as Tevez doubled our and his tally for the game. Despite being two goals up we weren't having it all our own way as Reading were constantly threatening our area and on the 45th minute they pulled a goal back with a fine strike from Alonso.

The second half was pretty much the same as the first with both teams causing each other problems in the defence. Despite all the attacking only one goal was scored in the half as Ronaldo added our third goal with a brave header from a cross by Bardsley

Manchester United 3 Tevez 7, 29, Ronaldo 76

Reading 1 Alonso 45

October 10th: The final games for the World Cup Qualifiers start today with my Czech team travelling to Serbia and the game ended for us within the first 15 minutes as Serbia hit us with a quick fired treble scoring on the 7th, 12th and 15th minute. I couldn't believe how poor we were and on the 39th minute we pulled a goal back with Jiranek scoring. The second half was poor with us only scoring the once on the 59th minute as Rosicky fired in. All hope of a comeback were ruined by Jiranek as he got himself sent off for a second yellow card on the 71st minute and we lost 3-2

October 14th: I got a great call from my club solicitor to tell me that Ledley King has finally agreed terms with the club and will be joining us on January 1st for a fee of £20,000,000

After the great news about King I could concentrate on the final World Cup Qualifier gaem as my Czech team had a must win game away to Slovenia. Even a win wouldn't guarentee my team a place in the World Cup.

We started well with two goals in quick succesion as Rosicky fired in on the 11th minute and Baros fired in on the 17th minute. Slovenia tried to come back but could only pull one goal back in the 80th minute. Despite the win we failed to qualify.

Final Qualfiying Table:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Pos¦Inf ¦Team ¦GP ¦ W¦ D¦ L¦GF¦GA¦PTS¦

1 ¦ Qualified¦ Serbia ¦10 ¦ 7¦ 2¦ 1¦25¦ 7¦ 23¦

2 ¦ Play Off ¦ Slovenia ¦10 ¦ 7¦ 1¦ 2¦22¦11¦ 22¦

3 ¦ ¦ Czech Republic ¦10 ¦ 6¦ 3¦ 1¦17¦ 5¦ 21¦

4 ¦ ¦ Latvia ¦10 ¦ 3¦ 2¦ 5¦10¦16¦ 11¦

5 ¦ ¦ Slovakia ¦10 ¦ 2¦ 0¦ 8¦ 7¦18¦ 6¦

6 ¦ ¦ Andorra ¦10 ¦ 1¦ 0¦ 9¦ 2¦26¦ 3¦</pre>

October 17th: Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United

A great start saw us go a goal up after a mere six minutes as Rooney fired in from long distance after the Blackburn defence kept on backing away from him. A minute later though our concentration let us down and Blackburn broke clear of my defence to slot past Foster, however there attacker moved a second too quick and it was ruled out for offside. Despite the warning my players carried on to defend shambolicaly and on the 31st minute we were caught out again and this time the goal wasn't ruled out as McCarthy slotted past the despairing Foster.

At half time I was furious with the way my team was defending and let them know in no uncertain terms that I wasn't happy.

The second half was like watching paint dry with some of the worse football I'd ever watched. We did little in the way of attacking and the passing was purely dire. The only reason we managed to come away with a point was the fact that the Blackburn strikers couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards.

Balckburn Rovers 1 McCarthy 31

Manchester United 1 Rooney 6

October 18th: On the transfer front I was happy to announce that we have made another signing, which is by the name of Sergio Aguero who will be joining us in the new year for a fee of £33,000,000 from Athletico Madrid

October 20th: More transfer news see's Anton Ferdinand joining up with his brother Rio in the new year for a fee of £15,000,000 from West Ham United. Anton has been a long term target of mine and it has taken at least two years for both clubs to agree a fee

October 21st: Manchester United v Dinamo Kiev

Another real boring game as both teams cancelled each other out, it didn't help that for the majority of the first half Kiev had ten men behind the ball. On the 23rd minute my game plan went up in smoke as Aimar got himself sent off for a viciuos two footed lunge on Yussuf. After that we struggled to break down Kiev.

At half time I changed the formation to a 4-3-1-1.

Kiev made more of the space we afforded them and on the 78th minute camel close to scoring but a great dive by Foster denied them. Seven minutes later and against the run of play we got the break we needed as Rooney broke clear of the Kiev defence to slide home the winner.

Manchester United 1 Rooney 85

Dinamo Kiev 0

October 25th: Manchester United v Portsmouth

I real can't explain what is going on with my team, they seemed to have lost the art of attractive football and all were doing is grinding boring results out. The first half of this match was 45 minutes of pure *****, we struggled to make more than two or three passes in a row.

At half time I asked the players what was going on and why couldn't they play like they did a month ago. I was lost for words by the end

The second half was much the same with little in the way of what you could call football. It didn't my mood as on the 87th minute we had to repalce Ronaldo after he was hacked down in the area by Traore. From the resulting penalty we won the game with Aimar firing in.

Manchester United 1 Aimar 88 pen

Portsmouth 0

Injury News: Ronaldo will miss around a month of action after spraining his ankle after the hefty tackle by Traore

Ocotber 28th: Manchester United v Reading; League Cup 4th Round

After a few choice words in training my players came out in fighting style and on the 3rd minute we went a goal up as Aimar fired in beauty. My players seemed a different group as we started to dominate Reading and on the 15th minute we came close as Ferdinand bravely dived in to head a Nani corner in, instead of scoring with the ball he scored with his head as he cracked his head off the inside of the post. He looked out of it and we had to repalce him.

We continued with the domination of Reading and on the 40th minute we doubled our lead as Owen fired in after clearing the Reading defence with a darting run.

The second half was again all us as we peppered the Reading area and on the 51st minute we completed the rout with Fangzhuo firing in from short range. I was very happy with my team and the way we had tore Reading apart.

Manchester United 3 Aimar 3, Owen 40, Fangzhuo 51

Reading 0

Injury News: Ferdinand will miss only around a week with concussion

Other News: I have been informed by UEFA that Pablo AImar will be banned for an extra two European games after his sending off against Dinamo Kiev

October 31st: Everton v Manchester United

We got off to the worst start as after only a minute we were a goal down as Yakuba fired in virtually from the kick off. Luckily my players responded well by attacking the Everton defence with some grat ball movement and on the 11th minute we came close to equalising as Rooney fired just wide of the upright. Everton were defending for there lives as we piled on the pressure and again we came close as Nani fired in a freekick which went just over. Finally we equalised on the 31st minute as Owen headed in from a Nani corner. Three minutes later our game was made alittle easier as Cahill got himself sent off for a two footed lunge on Brown. We made Everton pay as on the 40th minute we took the lead as Nani fired in a cracker from 20 yards.

The second half was a close affair as Everton's ten men didn't give us a sniff of the ball as such. We were beginning to look like the team with less men as Everton stuck together as a team and on the 81st minute they equalised as Guarin fired in after some sloppy defending. The game ended on a downer for us as we were reduced to ten men after young star Bardsley was sent off for a second yellow card after saying something to the referee.

Everton 2 Yakuba 1, Guarin 81

Manchester United 2 Owen 31, Nani 40

After the match I was informed that the League Cup 1/4 final draw has taken place and we will be facing an away tie with Coventry City

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester Untied 27pts (11)

2nd; Arsenal 25pts (12)

3rd: Chelsea 25pts (11)

November 3rd: Dinamo Kiev v Manchester United; Champions League Group Stage

We started very well in this game as my players controlled the ball brilliantly on what was a very poor pitch, It wasn't till the 16th minute that we came close to opening the scoring as Nani headed wide of the upright. Four minutes later we made the break through as Rooney fired in from the edge of the area. It got even better as on the 24th minute a poor clearance by the Kiev keeper gave Anderson the chance to volley straight into an open net which he did. Anderson then made it 3-0 on the 28th minute as he rounded the poor defnce to score his second of the game.

The second half was again all us as we didn't let Kiev keep the ball for more than a acoupkle of passes and on the 85th minute Anderson fluffed the hance to complete his first hattrick for the club as he fired wide after make a tonne of space for himself.

Dinamo Kiev 0

Manchester United 3 Rooney 20, Anderson 24, 28

The win means we have yet again qualified for the 1st Knockout Round with two games to spare

We are having a good run of form again makam, hopefully it will continue

November 7th: Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

We were looking back to our best as we passed Spurs out of this game. The Totenham defence looked shaky at best as we piled continuosly into there area and on the 23rd minute we got the chance to score as Rooney was fouled by Baines in the area. Rooney stepped up for the penalty and cooly fired it into the net to give us the lead. Four minutes later we went two goals up as Tottenham gifted Owen the chance to score which he did with no trouble. It was getting too easy and this wasn't good for us as my players seemed to relax alittle.

The second half was again mainly us as we kept Tottenham in there own half and it wasn't lnog till we tested the keeper again as Owen forced the Tottenham keeper into a world class save to tip the shot onto the post. However the keeper stood no chance as Owen doubled his tally for the game and gave us our 3rd.

Manchester United 3 Rooney pen 23, Owen 27, 81

Tottenham Hotspur 0

November 14th: Now it was International friendly time and my Czech team faced an away tie to Australia and we got off to a greta start as Baros scored on the 5th minute. We were all over the Socceroo's but could only manage one more goal in the game as Baros again netted on the 30th minute

November 18th: We now travelled to Ghana to face a supposidly easy tie, but after only 10 minutes we were two goals down, however on the 12th and 13th minute we managed to get back into the game with Bednar and Baros netting. On the half hour we went into the lead via a Hubschman goal but three minutes later Ghana equalised. Ten minutes into the second half we went behind as Lysonek put through his own net, but seven minutes later we equalised again as Jarosik fired in to give us an entertaining 4-4 draw. But I was very worried with how easily we leaked goals at the back and the fact that the Czech public and FA were getting alittle impatient with some of the teams performances, mayeb it's time I start to think about my furture with the National team.

Before I start to contemplate that I now have to think about my Manchester Uniteds game against local rivals City and hopefully when I get back to Manchester I wont have anymore injuries to worry about

November 21st: Manchester United v Manchester City

City started the better and on the 13th minute they silenced the home crowd with a great shot from Bojinov, City then came close to doubling there lead on the 31st minute with fine shot which had Foster diving at full stretch to save us. A minute later Foster was on hand again to rescue us as he flung his body all the way across the goal to save well.

At half time I laid into my players for there lack of effort and told them I wanted alot more than what they had given me or the Odl Trafford faithful.

Two minutes into the half we lost G.Neville after he fewll awkwardly and injured his arm. With no defenders on the bench I reshuffled the tactics to a 4-3-3 and it seemed to work well as we caused City more problems than we did in the first half. On the 56th minute we finally equalised as Rooney skipped past the defence to fire past the onrushing keeper. The goal lifted my players and we began to dominate much of the play and it wasn't long till we came close to taking the lead but Rooney's effort went wide. On the 82nd minute we tookthe lead after some sloppy defending by City left the keeper one on one with Owen who wasted no time in firing past him to give us the win

Manchester United 2 Rooney 56, Owen 82

Manchester City 1 Bojinov 13

Injury News: Neville will be out of action for around a month after fracturing his arm

November 25th: Marseille v Manchester United; Champions League Group Stage

A poor start saw go a goal down on the 5th minute as Guilherme fired past Van Der Sar. Despite going a goal down my players began to control the play and made the French outfit look pretty poor. Our coninuted pressure paid off as on the 22nd minute we equalised as Anderson send a screamer flying into the net from all of 30 yards. Yet his joy was short lived as two minutes later we went behind again as Cisse headed in past Van Der Sar.

The second half was alot better for us as my team pulled there fingers out and on the 56th minute we equalised as Ronaldo fired in a free kick after Rooney was fouled. Six minutes later we went into the lead as Tevez fired home to silence the French crowd. It was becoming very one sided and on the 70th minute Rooney sent us further into the lead with a tap in from six yards. We were all over Marseille and we killed the game off in the 90th minute as Rooney doubled his account for the day and gave us our 5th goal

Marseille 2 Guilherme 5, Cisse 24

Manchester United 5 Anderson 22, Ronaldo 56, Tevez 62, Rooney 70, 90

November 28th: Manchester United v Bolton Wanderers

My players looked alittle jaded after a tough few games and it showed in a very poor first half as we struggled to break down a tough Bolton defence. We did however come close to opening the scoring on thr 36th minute but Tevez's shot went wide of the upright.

The second half got off to a flying start as after only a minute we went ahead as Rooney fired in from short range after a great team move from kick off. We began to play quite well but the pace in attack wasn't there and we again struggled to get forward as much as I had hoped. On the 90th minute we were given a break as Duff fouled just outside the area which earnt him a red card. Nani fired the freekick towards goal and Tevez beat everyone in the area to head home a forutnate second for us to give us a flattering 2-0 win

Manchester Untied 2 Rooney 46, Tevez 90

Bolton Wanderers 0

November 30th: The draw for the FA Cup 3rd Round has taken place and we will face a home tie against Sunderland

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 36pts (14)

2nd: Arsenal 31pts (15)

3rd: Chelsea 31pts (14)

December 1st: Coventry City v Manchester United; League Cup 1/4 Final

A cracking start saw us score within three minutes as Brandy fired in from short range after a good break from midfield. Two minutes later we came close to doubling our lead as Brandyu again fired towards goal but his effort went just wide. On the 18th minute we went two goals up as Fangzhuo headed in from a Ronaldo cross. It got even better five minutes later as Brandy added his second and our third of the game. We were all over Coventry and on the 25th minute we scored again as Ronaldo fired in a great freekick aftre he was fouled 25 yards from goal. We piled forward and gave nothing to Coventry and on the 33rd minute Brandy completed his hat trick with a diving header from a Ronaldo corner. Six minutes later the sixth goal of the game went in as Brandy made four for him with a simple tap in after the Coventry keeper was left stranded.

The second half was in comparison dead as my players relaxed and didn't exert much energy.

Coventry City 0

Manchester United 6 Brandy 3, 23, 33, 39, Fangzhuo 18, Ronaldo 25

Due to being manager of the Czech Repbulic I have been asked by FIFA to vote for my World Footballer of the Year

I chose Ronaldo (Manchester United) as my number one vote, My second place vote went to David Trezeguet (Juventus) and my final vote went to Fabregas (Arsenal)

December 4th: Wes Brown will be out for around three weeks after injuring his chest in training

December 5th; The draw for the League Cup Semi Final has taken place and I will be facing Wigan Athletic in the two legged tie. Now its off to Japan for the World Club Championship Tournament

December 8th: The draw for the Semi Final fo the World Club Championship has taken place and I will be facing Real Salt Lake City in Yokohama

December 9th: Manchester United v Real Salt Lake City; Club World Championship Semi Final (Yokohama)

A good start saw us out play Salt Lake for much of the first half and it took us till the 18th minute to break the deadlock as Ronaldo fired in from short range after breaking clear of the defence. Ten minutes later he nearly doubled his tally with a fine freekick which was brilliantly saved by the opposition keeper.

The second half was much the same as we out played a very poor City side but it took us till the 73rd minute to kill the game as Brandy fired in from 15 yards. Unfortunatly for Brandy his game came to an end on the 89th minute after landing funny on his feet after jumping for a ball.

Manchester United 2 Ronaldo 18, Brandy 73

Real Salt Lake City 0

Injury News: Brandy will be out for a maximum of 3 weeks after damaging his foot

December 12th: We will be facing Brazilian team Santos FC in the Final

December 13th: Manchester United v Santos FC; World Club Championship Final (Yokohama)

Santos started the better as they came close to opening the scoring in the 4th minute with a long range effort which Foster did very well in tipping over the crossbar. From the resulting corner Santos came close again but Foster again saved well. We finally began to get going on the 14th minute as Owen headed just wide. On the half hour we opened the scoring as Hargreaves headed in from a Ronaldo cross. Two minutes later we were two goals up as Nani's cross flew into the net to give him the flukiest goal of the season. Santos looked shell shocked and we made it even worse for them as on the 39th minute Anderson fired in to give us a 3-0 lead going into the break.

The second half was only four minutes old when we went a further goal in front as Owen wasted no time in cleaning up after a balls up in the Santos defence. We were all over Santos and on the 77th minute we made it five as Ronaldo capped a great game off with a great goal as he fired in from long range

Manchester United 5 Hargreaves 30, Nani 32, Anderson 39, Owen 49, Ronaldo 77

Santos FC 0

I let my players celebraste with the fans alittle but they knew they had a match with Juventus in two days time, Not an ideal situation

December 14th: Ronaldo was voted the best player of the Club World Championship with Hargreaves coming in 2nd and Owen 3rd

December 15th: Manchester United v Juventus; Champions League Group Stage

Despite my players looking very jaded after the lnog trip back from Yokohama they took the lead on the 12th minute as Roney fired in from short range after a slow patient team move. Unfortunatly nine minutes later Juventus had equalised from a freekick from Marchionni. Ten minutes later we came close to retaking the lead but Rooney's final shot was quite poor and it went out for a goal kick,

The second half was mainly Juventus as they piled forward onto us, we couldn't seem to get started and on the 64th minute we went behind as Giovinco fired in from 15 yards. My players heads went down and I knew deep down there was no coming back from this and on the 84th minute Marchionni fired in Juve's third to wrap the game up

Manchester United 1 Rooney 12

Juventus 3 Marchionni 21, 84, Giovinco

December 18th: The draw for the 1st Knockout Round of the Champions League has taken place and we will be facing Italian side Inter Milan

December 19th: Sunderland v Manchester United

We got off to the worst start possible as old favourite Paul Scholes fired past Foster to give Sunderland a surprise lead, it got even better as three minutes later Schole's sent Sunderland 2-0 up and we looked in trouble. We were all over the place and on the 36th minute Foster had to be at full stretch to rescue us.

At half time I told my players we needed just alittle more fight in us and to go at Sunderland.

Two mintues into the half Sunderland came close to making it 3-0 as Ferdinand was half asleep and sold Foster short, luckily the effort went wide of Foster and the goal. Against the run of play we managed to pull a goal back as Anderson fired in on the 69th minute. This seemed to lift the players alittle and on the 77th minute we equalised after Ronaldo headaed in an Anderson corner. We were looking in control of play and on the 83rd minute we went into the lead as Owen rounded the Sunderland keeper and fired into the open net. I was elated for my team with how they ahd come back but it didn't last long as on the 90th minute a silly mistake by Ferdinand again cost us as Nehrig nipped in to fire past Foster

Sunderland 3 Scholes 2, 5, Nehrig 90

Manchester United 3 Anderson 69, Ronaldo77, Owen 83

Archived