United we Stand, United we Fall

mark wilson27

February 26th: Manchester United v Wolves

A surpringly tight first half as Wolves defended brilliantly, we struggled to get past the ten man wall of Wolves but on the 34th minute we had the chance to get into the lead but Tevez could omnly hit the upright.

The second half started better for us as after only three minutes we went into the lead as King headed in from Carricks corner, we were beginging to gain a foothold in the game and on the 54th minute we should of gone a further goal in from but Tevez fluffed his effort. On the 74th minute we finally managed to double our lead as Tevez finally found the net and fired in our second goal. Three minutes later we had another chance to add a goal as Tevez was fouled in the area by Edwards, Ronaldo stepped up for the kick but his effort was well saved by the Wolves keeper. Despite all the missed efforts we added a third goal as Rooney came off the bench to fire in an effort off the upright to make it 3-0 and give us all three points, but I was unhappy with some of the wasteful finishing that occured in the game

Manchester United 3 King 48, Tevez 74, Rooney 81

Wolves 0

February 27th: The League Cup has been won by Chelsea after they beat Newcastle Untied 4-3 on penalties after a 0-0 bore draw

Premierhsip Top Three;

1st: Manchester United 62pts (27)

2nd: Liverpool 51pts (25)

3rd; West Ham United 46pts (27)

March 1st: Carlos Tevez has been named Player of the Month

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 5th: Middlesbrough v Manchester United

A great start saw us go a goal up after eleven minutes as Tevez continued his great form with a rasping effort from 18 yards, but after the goal my players seemed to relax and it showed as Boro soon came close to equalising and on the 17th minute they rattled our upright after my defence let them get through. On the 28th minute Boro got the goal they deserved as Lita fired in from short range to send the home fans wild. I was disgusted with my players.

Boro began to control the game and on the 44th minute Boro went into the lead but had had it ruled out for a foul on R.Ferdinand.

The second half belonged to Boro as they controlled us from start to finish and if they could of contreolled there shooting alittle more they would of surely won the game, we were lucky to escape from the Riverside with a share of the points

Middlesbrough 1 Lita 28

Manchester United 1 Tevez 11

March 9th: Manchester United v Fenerbache; Champions League First Knockout Round 2nd Leg (agg 4-2)

The perfect start saw us a goal up after three minutes as Owen rattled in a corker. Unlike the last game my players didn't relax and we controlled the Turkish team completely, on the 24th minute we went further in front as Owen yet again fired in. We were all over Fenerbache and they couldn't get a touch of the ball. Just before the rbeak we had the chance to go further in front but Ronaldo was guilty of the miss of the season as he fluffed a shot when he was three yards from goal.

The second half was much the same as we controlled Fenerbache but they managed to score the first goal as Kose headed in after a mix up between King and Foster. Luckily for us the goal didn't really mean anything with us being so far in front on aggregate and on the 74th minute we killed the tie off as Rooney scored from short range to cap off a great game.

Manchester United 3 Owen 3, 24, Rooney 74

Fenerbache 1 Kose 61

Manchester United progress to the 1/4 Finals with a 7-3 aggregate win

March 11th: The draw for the Champions League 1/4 final see's us pitted aginst fellow English team Arsenal

March 12th: Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United; FA Cup 1/4 Final

Within three minutes of the start we were a goal down as Malbranque fired in a freekick for Spurs after O'Shea fouled just outside the area. However on the 6th minute we equalised as Carrick headed in a Ronaldo cross to get us back into the game. A flurry of goals in the first few minutes and the action continued as both teams attack and it wasn't long till another goal went in as Hargreaves fired in on the 38th minute to give us the lead going into the interval.

I told my players to keep up the good work and to concentrate and lets get to the semi fimals.

We began well as we dominated the opening spells of the second half and on the 71st minute we went further in the lead as Ronaldo fired in from distance. However Spurs weren't down and out as four minutes later Malbranque headed in to give Tottnham some hope. Six minutes later Spurs were back on level terms as Pongolle fired in much to the joy of the White Hart crowd. My players soon silenced them though as four minutes later Ronaldo sneaked in from nowhere to fired us into the semi finals

Tottenham Hotspur 3 Malbranque 3, 75, Pongolle 81

Manchester United 4 Carrick 6, Hargreaves 38, Ronaldo 71, 85

March 14th: The draw for the FA Cup Semi Finals has taken place and we will be facing Newcastle or Sunderland at Wembley

March 16th: Manchester United v Manchester City

In typical derby fashion the game satrted at full pelt and it was City who had the first shot as they had Foster scrambling across the goal to tip the ball around the post. Luckily from the resulting corner City couldn't get the ball and we cleared the ball well. On the 11th minute we went into the lead with our first shot fo the game as Tevez fired in from 10 yards after Ronaldo had run the length of the pitch to drive in a teaser of a cross. We were now dominating City and on the half hour we went two goals us as Rooney fired in an absolute screamer from 25 yards. City looked dumbstruck and it wasn't long till we came close to adding another goal late in the half, unfortunatly City countered the attack and pulled a goal back with Bianchi scoring the goal.

The second half was again all us as we dominated City but on the hour we conceded the equaliser as Gutierrez fired in. I wasn't best pleased as my team had let a two goal lead slip. At the full time whistle the home fans weren't best pleased and showed us by booeing us off the pitch

Manchester United 2 Tevez 11, Rooney 30

Manchester City 2 Bianchi 45, Gutierrez 60

March 19th: Arsenal v Manchester United

A poor match for us as Arsenal dominated us from start to finish, They opened the scoring on the 28th minute as Van Piersie rattled home a great freekick after Bardsley mistimed a tackle on Fabregas. Arsenal were all over us and just before the break we had Foster to thank as he pulled off a world class save to deny them.

The second half was just as poor as Arsenal kick us around the pitch in every sense. They piled forward but it took them till the 75th minute to score as Fabregas headed in after he was left alone to earn a free header. It got even worse as three minutes later Bendtner added a third to send the Emirate Stadium crowd wild. I was furious with how poor we were playing and despite pulling a goal back on the 81st minute through Tevez I couldnt contain my anger and let rip to the players in the changing room

Arsenal 3 Van Piersie 28, Fabregas 75, Bendtner 78

Manchester United 1 Tevez 81

March 24th: We will be facing Newcastle United at Wembley in the FA Cup semi final after they beat Sunderland 4-2 on penalties after a 2-2 draw

March 26th: It was Internationals time and my Spanish team faced an away tie to Romania in the Euro 2012 Qualifiers and despite going a goal down early in the game we managed to pull together and secure a good 3-1 victory with goals coming from Lopez, Torres and Bojan

March 30th: This time we faced Belguim in the Euro 2012 Qualifiers and we were very poor as Belguim defeated us 2-0 with goals coming either side of the half time interval. I was disgusted with my players and told them they had embaressed the Nation

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 64pts (30)

2nd: Liverpool 58pts (28)

3rd: Arsenal 50pts (28)

April 1st: Wayne Rooney has won the goal of the month for his wonder strike against Manchester City (March 16th)

April 2nd: Manchester United v Liverpool

The first of four very improtant games in a row as a win would go along way to helping us get closer to another Premiership title, but my players made it hard for themselves as after only four minutes we were a goal down as Gerrard scored an great goal which beat Foster hands down. My players reacted well and tried to get a grip of the game but on the 10th minute we nearly went a further goal down as King fluffed a clearance and only a great reaction block by A.Ferdinand rescued us from a certain goal. Seven minutes later we had another slice of luck as we scored the equaliser with Tevez's mishit shot eluded the Liverpool keeper to bobble over the line. Lady luck was shining on us as on the 23rd minute we went into the lead with R.Ferdinand heading from a Ronaldo corner, luckily for us the neither the referee or his assistant notice the push on the Liverpool defender. The Liverpool bench and players were going mad.

The second half was mainly Liverpool as they took there frustrations out on us , they completely controlled the half and if it wasn't for Foster we would have lost this game. After the match Foster recieved the man of the match. I told the awaiting press that I was very happy with how Foster was playing at the moment and also that I agreed with the Liverpool manager that the referee was very poor

Manchester United 2 Tevez 17, R.Ferdinand 23

Liverpool 1 Gerrard 6

April 6th: Manchester United v Arsenal; Champions League 1/4 Final 1st Leg

I told my players to make sure we didn't concede an away goal as we know how difficult it is on Arsenal's home ground. My players did me proud as we defended brilliantly as Arsenal battered us in the opening minutes and King especially was showing what he can do after he had a few dodgy games. On the 10th minute we got a bit of luck as Gallas mistimed a tackle on Tevez inside the area. Ronaldo stepped up and wasted no time in firing us into the lead. Arsenal looked stunned as all there pressure had sent them a goal down and it got even worse for them as two mintues later they were two goals down as Rooney fired in our second of the tie. We were looking very impressive now as the confidence rode high in my team.

At half time I reminded my players they had to concentrate and not concede anything.

They followed my words to the letter as we gave the performance I have been wanting off them, and on the 67th minute we just about killed the tie off as Owen fired in after coming on as a substitute. Arsenal had no reply to my team and we will be going into the second leg with a three goal cushion

Manchester United 3 Ronaldo 10 pen, Rooney 12, Owen 67

Arsenal 0

April 9th: Manchester United v Newcastel United; FA Cup Semi Final (Wembley)

My players were looking alittle jaded and it showed as Newcastle controlled much of the first half and on the 11th minute they went a goal up as Dempsey fired in from short range. We seemed to struggle with the comebakc and Newcastle capitilised on this by peppering our goal with shot after shot, luckily for us there finishing was alittle suspect. Just before the break Newcastle were reduced to ten men after Toures was sent off for a blatant elbow on O'Shea.

The second half was still mainly Newcastle as they kept it very tight and made it difficult for us. We were limited to the efforts we had but on the 68th minute we had the chance for an equaliser which Owen duly missed. It was going to be one of those days, but on the 90th minute we pulled the equaliser in as Aguero fired in from short range. The game went into extra time...

Newcastle looked to be getting tired after spending over half the game with ten men, yet we still couldn't get past them. Yet a minute after half time we went into the lead as Hargreaves showed a fresh pair of legs to score to break Newcastles hearts and set us for the first leg of a potential Treble

Manchester United 2 Aguero 90, Hargreaves 106

Newcastle United 1 Dempsey 11

April 12th: We will be facing Liverpool in the FA Cup final

April 13th: Arsenal v Manchester United; Champions League 1/4 Final 2nd Leg; (agg 3-0)

A brilliant start us a goal up within three mintues as Ronaldo fired past the Arsenal keeper with ease, it got even better as we went two goals on the 6th minute and the tie looked over with already. We were all over a dispondant Arsenal and on the 20th minute we went three goals up as Ronaldo completed a sensational hat trick. Arsenal looked as shocked as we did. I couldn't believe how easily we were rolling Arsenal over.

The second half was alot tighter as Arsenal sat back and tried to keep the score down, we piled forward and on the 67th minute we should of gone a further goal up but Rooney fired just wide of the post. Arsenal managed to pull a goal back as Bendtner fired past Foster but it was nothing more than a consolation goal and we were in the Semi Finals.

Arsenal 1 Bendtner 90

Manchester United 3 Ronaldo 3, 6, 20

Manchester United progress 6-1 on aggregate

April 15th: The draw for the Semi Finals of the Champions League has taken place and we will be facing another English team as we will be facing Chelsea

April 16th: Manchester United v Sunderland

A superb start saw us score past Sunderland on the 3rd minute with Rooney doing the damage, but after that my players for some reason just relaxed. We still controlled much of the first half but with little effect and rarely troubled the Sunderland keeper. Luckily for us Sunderland didn't really make an effort of the game and Foster had littkle to do.

The second half was just as bad as we just didn't put in any effort and on the 55th minute we were punished as N'Zogbia fired in to equalise the game for Sunderland. Even after the gola my players just didn't seem up for the effort and we ended up drawing a game should of really won comfortably

Manchester United 1 Rooney 3

Sunderland 1 N'Zogbia 55

April 23rd: Aston Villa v Manchester United

A mere minute into the game and we were a goal down as Aston Villas Young fired past a bewildered Foster. I couldn't believe the level of concentration my players had shown and it didn't get any better as on the 14th minute old boy Saha fired past us to give Villa a much deserved two goal lead. However four minutes later we managed to pull a goal back as Tevez fired in after a good through ball by Nani. My players started to play alittle better but nowhere near to the level I know they can. On the 38th minute we managed to equalise the game as Aguero headed in brilliantly from Ronaldo's cross.

At half time I laid into the players for the lack of effort shown

The second half was poor as Villa defended deep and we just couldn't get going again and yet again we only got a point but this time it was more than we deserved

Aston Villa 2 Young 1, Saha 14

Manchester United 2 Tevez 18, Aguero 38

April 25th; Manchester United v Derby County

Our recent struggle in the league continues as Derby controlled much of the play in this game, On the 14th minute the Rams should of gone into the lead but the mereist of touches by Foster sent the ball against the upright and out. We were struggling with the simple things like passing and ball controll but luckily for us Derby weren't punishing us for these errors we were making.

The second half was much the same with Derby in charge but on the 52nd minute we went into the lead as Nani fired in from distance. But instead of lifting my players it seemed to do the opposite as we sat back and let Derby come at us, it took Derby till the 89th minute to punish us for this and they did with a great goal from McSheffrey fired past Foster to make it three league games without a win

Manchester United 1 Nani 52

Derby County 1 McSheffrey 89

April 27th: Manchester United v Chelsea; Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg

Yet again my players performed well below par and this time we were punished early on as Drogba got past my defence with ease and fired Chelsea into the lead and what was worse they now had an away goal to play with. Chelsea were all over us and it was by pure luck more than anything else that we got to the interval without conceding any more goals.

The second half was very poor as we struggled again with the basics yet lady luck was on our side as my goal led a very charmed life as it was peppered with effort after effort. Lady luck must definatly of been shining as on the 78th minute we managed to equalise as Owen fired past the Chelsea keeper to give us a draw that yet again we didn't deserve

Manchester United 1 Owen 78

Chelsea 1 Drogba 17

Premiership Top Three:

1st; Liverpool 77pts (36)

2nd: Manchester United 70pts (34)

3rd: Arsenal 61pts (34)

May 1st: Newcastle United v Manchester United

The poor form continued and this time we had no help from lady luck as Newcastle walked all over us, they opened the scoring on the 11th minute as Valdivia fired past the helpless Foster after he was given far too much room. We were being outplayed and out thought by the struggling Geordies but on the 20th minute we got our one lucky break in the game as Ronaldo seemed to dive inside the area but the referee pointed to the spot. From the resulting penalty kick we equalised the game as Rooney struck the ball well. However two minutes later we were back losing as Martins fired Newcastle into the lead. It got even wrose as five minutes later we were a further goal down with Ameobi doing the damage.

At half time I laid into the players yet again as our play was just awful

The second half was just purely abysmal as Newcastle thumped us all over and on the 83rd minute they fired in the fourth and final goal for themselves as Dempsey did the honours. A game to forget

Newcastle United 4 Valdivia 11, Martins 22, Ameobi 27, Dempsey 83

Manchester United 1 Rooney pen 20

The result has left us relying on Liverpool to slip up if we want to retian the Premiership crown

May 4th: Chelsea v Manchester United; Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg (agg 1-1)

We knew we had to be careful in this game with Chelsea having that away goal, The game started quite well for us as we controlled Chelsea and didn't give them much room for manouvre in our half. On the 19th minute we came close to opening the scoring as Rooney fired towards goal but Chelsea keeper managed to block the shot with his foot. Then on the 33rd minute the game change as A.Ferdinand got himself sent off for a professional foul on Drogba. It was a tackle he didn't need to make. This let Chelsea control the game and on the 44th minute we were punished as Shevchenko fired past Foster to give us a mountain to climb.

The second half satrted poorly for us as we were reduced to nine men after R.Ferdinand hacked down Shevchenko to earn a straight red card. I was furious wih Ferdinand. Chelsea controlled the game after that as we had to soak up the pressure and hope for a gap to attack, but it never came as Chelsea went two goals up on the 70th minute with Shevchenko heading to kill the tie off. Just to ruib salt in the wound Chelsea made it 3-0 on the 73rd minute with Drogba rounding Foster to nestle the ball into the open net.

Chelsea 3 Shevchenko 44, 70, Drogba 73

Manchester United 0

Chelsea progress to the final with a 4-1 aggregate win

May 7th: More bad news see's us lose our grip on the Premiership trophy as Liverpool are confirmed winners and it means in the matter of three days my hopes of an elusive treble have dissapeared.

May 8th: Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

Our poor form continued as after only three minute we were a goal down as Santa Cruz fired past Foster, my defence were nowhere to be seen.

Blackburn continued to pressurize us and on the 19th minute they should of gone two goals up but a very poor desicion by the referee saved us. We looked out of sorts but on the half hour we managed to equalise as Owen fluked a shot past the Rovers keeper.

The second half was just as poor as we struggled with the basics and we were lucky that we weren't thumped like we were against Newcastle.

Manchester United 1 Owen 30

Blackburn Rovers 1 Santa Cruz 3

May 11th: Chelsea v Manchester United

I wanted my players to go out and avenge the loss in the Champions League as after seven minutes we were a goal up via the right foot of Owen, but as has happened so many times this season we let ourselve down as we let Chelsea back into the game and the began to dominate. Luckily for my team Foster was in top form and kept a clean sheet throughout the first half.

The second half was p.i.s.s poor as Chelsea wiped the floor with us and on the 86th minute they got the equaliser they deserved and again luckily for us it was too late for them to get anymore goals and we were fortunate to leave Stamford Bridge with a point

Chelsea 1 Kalou 86

Manchester United 1 Owen 7

May 14th: Ryan Giggs today has announced his retirment from football taking affect from 1st July 2011. It's going to be sad to see him leave and I wish I could of given him one more Championship medal to take into retirement but hopefully he will have a FA Cup medal to bow out with

May 15th: Watford v Manchester United

The last game of the season and I told my players they had to give our fans something to shout about, but within a minute we were a goal down as Watfords Williams fires past Foster. However my players for once responded well and on the 18th minute we back on level terms with Aguero firing in the equaliser and four minutes later he added his and our second goal. We were beginging to control the already relegated Watford but we just couldn't get past there keeper in the first half.

The second half was much the same as we dominated but it was Watford who scored first as they equalised via Kitson's head. Six minutes later though we retook the lead as Owen fired past the keeper. But yet again we couldn't hold onto the lead as Romeo fired in to equalise again for Watford. On the 90th minute Watford were reduced to ten men after Britton was sent off for a second yellow card, from the resulting freekick we won the game as Aguero fired in brilliantly to send the travelling fans wild

Watford 3 Williams 1, Kitson 70, Romeo 83

Manchester United 4 Aguero 18, 22, 90, Owen 76

May 16th: The end of season awards have been handed out and Ronaldo has been named Footballer of Year, Aguero and Tevez have taken 2nd and 3rd place respectavly in the Players Player on the Year.

Rio Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Tevez and Aguero are all in the Players Team of the Year

May 18th: This seasons UEFA Cup will be heading to Italy after Juventus defeated Stuttgart 2-1

May 21st; Manchester United v Liverpool: FA Cup Final (Wembley)

Our last chance of some silverware this season and my players got off to a great start as a throughball by Giggs set Tevez up to fire towards goal, the initial shot was well saved by the Liverpool keeper but he stood no chance as Tevez thundered the rebound in. However within two minutes Liverpool had equalised as Torres fired past Foster after my defence ball watched alittle bit too much. It didn't get any better as eight minutes later we were behind as Babel headed past Foster after Gerrard whipped in a great cross which again wasn't dealt with well enough. My players tried to get back into the game but Liverpools midfield didn't us settle on the ball. We managed one more shot before the end of the half as Aguero fired into the side netting.

At the interval I told my players we had to get a result here and I wanted them to pull there fingers out and fight for each ball.

The second half began well enough for us as my players did exactly what I wanted as they chased every ball and seven minutes in it paid dividends as Tevez reached a loose ball and fired it straight past the diving Liverpool keeper. Yet again though we let our foot off the gas and on the 65th minute Torres fired Liverpool back into the lead with a curling effort fromm 15 yards. My players looked devasted but was nothing more than they deserved, We treid in vain to equalise but Liverpool shut up shop and we ended up the losing the game and giving Liverpool the double

Manchester United 2 Tevez 6, 52

Liverpool 3 Torres 8, 65, Babel 14

I had no sympathy for my players after a season when we were on the course for the double my players blew it big style. Wholesale changes might have to be made.

May 25th: The Champions League Trophy will ve heading to Italy as AC.Milan defeated Chelsea 1-0 in a very poor match

May 26th: Anderson and Ronaldo have been chosen in the Champions League Dream XI

Final Standings:

Pos  ¦Inf ¦Team                 ¦GP ¦ W¦ D¦ L¦GF¦GA¦PTS¦Last Season   ¦
1st  ¦ ECC¦ Liverpool           ¦38 ¦25¦ 8¦ 5¦65¦27¦ 83¦     3rd      ¦
2nd  ¦ ECC¦ MANCHESTER UNITED   ¦38 ¦21¦12¦ 5¦81¦40¦ 75¦     1st      ¦ 
3rd  ¦ ECC¦ Arsenal             ¦38 ¦20¦11¦ 7¦66¦36¦ 71¦     2nd      ¦
4th  ¦ ECC¦ West Ham United     ¦38 ¦18¦10¦10¦58¦36¦ 64¦     7th      ¦
5th  ¦ EC ¦ Manchester City     ¦38 ¦16¦15¦ 7¦57¦45¦ 62¦     5th      ¦ 
6th  ¦ EC ¦ Chelsea             ¦38 ¦16¦13¦ 9¦49¦28¦ 61¦     4th      ¦
7th  ¦ EC ¦ Sunderland          ¦38 ¦13¦17¦ 8¦52¦46¦ 56¦    16th      ¦
8th  ¦    ¦ Portsmouth          ¦38 ¦16¦ 6¦16¦64¦57¦ 54¦     9th      ¦
9th       ¦ Tottenham Hotspurs  ¦38 ¦14¦10¦14¦45¦45¦ 52¦     8th      ¦
10th      ¦ Reading             ¦38 ¦14¦10¦14¦41¦43¦ 52¦    14th      ¦
11th ¦ EV ¦ Derby County        ¦38 ¦12¦16¦10¦38¦40¦ 52¦    15th      ¦ 
12th      ¦ Everton             ¦38 ¦15¦ 7¦16¦42¦48¦ 52¦    10th      ¦
13th      ¦ Bolton Wanderers    ¦38 ¦12¦11¦15¦52¦57¦ 47¦    12th      ¦ 
14th      ¦ Aston Villa         ¦38 ¦10¦16¦12¦35¦44¦ 46¦     6th      ¦ 
15th      ¦ Newcastle United    ¦38 ¦12¦ 8¦18¦42¦49¦ 44¦    11th      ¦
16th      ¦ Middlesbrough       ¦38 ¦10¦ 9¦19¦52¦76¦ 39¦    13th      ¦ 
17th      ¦ Blackburn Rovers    ¦38 ¦ 9¦12¦17¦42¦69¦ 39¦    17th      ¦ 
18th ¦  R ¦ Watford             ¦38 ¦ 8¦ 7¦23¦35¦58¦ 31¦ Championship ¦
19th ¦  R ¦ Wolves              ¦38 ¦ 7¦ 6¦25¦31¦64¦ 27¦ Championship ¦
20th ¦  R ¦ Southampton         ¦38 ¦ 7¦ 6¦25¦27¦66¦ 27¦ Championship ¦

Competitions Entered:

Premiership: Runners Up

FA Cup: Runners Up

League cup: Semi Final

Community Shield: Winners

Champions League: Semi Final

Top Scorers:

Tevez 29

Rooney 24

Ronaldo 23

Owen 22

Aguero 12

Hargreaves 4

Nani, Anderson, Carrick 3

Brandy, R.Ferdinand 2

King, Brown, Aimar 1

Player Evaluations:

Player Name ¦Apps   ¦Goals¦Av.Rat ¦ Comments                                                                                    ¦
           ¦(sub)  ¦     ¦       ¦                                                                                             ¦
------------¦-------¦-----¦-------¦---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------¦
Zieler      ¦ 0  (1)¦ 0   ¦ 7.00  ¦ Leaving Club                                                                                ¦
------------¦-------¦-----¦-------¦---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------¦
Foster      ¦ 58    ¦ 0   ¦ 6.93  ¦ Another good season and will be first choice next season again                              ¦
Amos        ¦ 4     ¦ 0   ¦ 7.25  ¦ Did well when called upon, but will be 2nd choice behind Foster next season                 ¦
Brown       ¦ 49 (1)¦ 1   ¦ 6.94  ¦ Consistent performances and never let us down                                               ¦
O'Shea      ¦ 58    ¦ 0   ¦ 6.93  ¦ Good season and was very solid throughout, could do with finding the net occasionally       ¦
Bardsley    ¦ 13 (1)¦ 0   ¦ 6.79  ¦ Didn't play much this season but is a definate player for the future                        ¦
Neville     ¦ 4  (3)¦ 0   ¦ 7.00  ¦ Only a back up player now with other players ahead of him in the pecking order              ¦
R.Ferdinand ¦ 57    ¦ 2   ¦ 6.95  ¦ Good first season as Captain, led by example and fully justified my faith in him            ¦
King        ¦ 44 (2)¦ 1   ¦ 6.91  ¦ Played well again but still struggling to stop the silly errors in big matches              ¦
A.Ferdinand ¦ 23 (7)¦ 0   ¦ 6.87  ¦ Played well but needs to play well all the time and not just in big matches                 ¦
Hargreaves  ¦ 55 (2)¦ 4   ¦ 7.05  ¦ Excellent season and is filling the Roy Keane brilliantly                                   ¦
Carrick     ¦ 25(12)¦ 3   ¦ 7.05  ¦ Didn't play as much as last season but did well when called upon                            ¦
Ronaldo     ¦ 57    ¦ 23  ¦ 7.23  ¦ Brilliant season and still not even at his peak                                             ¦
Nani        ¦ 35 (9)¦ 3   ¦ 6.82  ¦ Great when called upon but needs to improve in the big matches                              ¦
Giggs       ¦ 6  (6)¦ 0   ¦ 6.92  ¦ Retiring at the end of June                                                                 ¦
Anderson    ¦ 24 (9)¦ 3   ¦ 7.00  ¦ Consistant throughout the season but kept out by the brilliance of Ronaldo                  ¦
Aimar       ¦ 7  (7)¦ 1   ¦ 7.00  ¦ Not in my plans for next season after doing nothing but moan all season                     ¦
Tevez       ¦ 43 (9)¦ 29  ¦ 7.19  ¦ Top scorer again and played brilliantly throughout the season                               ¦
Aguero      ¦ 44 (5)¦ 12  ¦ 7.04  ¦ Again excellent and a has definately paid back his tranfer fee                              ¦
Rooney      ¦ 39(11)¦ 24  ¦ 6.90  ¦ Great season again, one of only a few players who played well all season                    ¦
Brandy      ¦ 6  (3)¦ 2   ¦ 6.78  ¦ Didn't score as many goals as last season but I will try and play him more next season      ¦
Owen        ¦ 31(18)¦ 22  ¦ 7.02  ¦ Getting older but still banging in goals left, right and centre.                            ¦

Alot of changes will have to happen after such a poor end to the season, for some reason the form of my players dipped terribly and it cost us the chance of a treble

June 4th: It was time for some more Internationals and my Spanish team faced a home Euro 2012 Qualifying tie with Russia and despite getting off to a good start we were beaten finally 3-2 with our goals coming from Torres and L.Garcia. Matters weren't helped with Puyol getting sent off on the 15th minute. Not impressed at all.

June 8th: Our next Euro 2012 qualifier as we travelled to Hungary and were again roundly beaten 4-2 as Bojan and Fabregas scoring our goals. We were so poor and it now leaves Qualification hanging on a knife edge

June 20th: This seasons Fans Player of the Year has been given to Ronaldo

June 30th: A sad day in the clubs history as Ryan Giggs has retired after spending many years with the club and helping us win numerous trophies. I can only wish him all the best in what he decides to do next in life

July 1st: The transfer window has now opened as we welcome two new players and say goodbye to one as Zieler leaves to play for Manchester City for £375,000.

We welcome to the club Theo Walcott who has come from Portsmouth for a fee of £30,000,000 and Dor Mahul who has come from Aston Villa for £7,250,000

July 4th: Our pre season started with a tour of China and the first match was against Shandong who we roundly beat 5-0 with goals coming from Hargreaves, Ronaldo, Anderson and two goals from Rooney

July 6th: We now faced Guaudong Province and beat them 3-0 with goals from R.Jones, Brandy and new boy Walcott

July 8th: Next up was Giuarare Yokohama and we struggled to a 2-0 win with Rooney and Owen getting on the scoresheet

July 10th: Next we faced Osaka AC and again struggled to a 2-0 victory with Nani and R.Ferdinand scoring for us

July 12th: Finally we faced Tokyo Metro Feliz and romped away 5-0 winners with Owen scoring and Aguero getting himself four excellent goals

July 29th: The odds for the Premiership have been released and despite blowing the title last season we have been quoted at 2-1 joint favourites with liverpool. Today we also played our annual match against the mighty Matlock Town and we thumped them 8-0 with Walcott getting a goal, Nani and Anderson both getting a couple and Ronaldo firing in a hat trick which would of been four if he had stopped being an arse when taking a penalty which he fluffed.

We now had just over a week to get prepared for the trip to Wembley to face Liverpool in the Community Shield

August 7th: Manchester United v Liverpool; Community Shield (Wembley)

The season opener and I wanted my players to go out and give a message to Liverpool and the rest of the Premiership that we mean business. Unfortunatly my players didn't seem to get going as Liverpool controlled much of the opening few minutes and on the 9th minute we were lucky not be a goal behind as the assistant referee blew the whistle for offside even though it clearly wasn't. On the 21st minute we went a goal down as Torres broke the offside trap to fire in a great effort that sent half of Wembley wild. My players looked letharjic and just before the break we could of been a further goal down but King block brilliantly off the line.

The second half started with a bang as after only two minute we were another goal down with Torres again doing the damage. I was furious with my players.

Yet the goal seemed to wake them up and they started to play, however they still had to get past the mean Liverpool defence but on the hour we managed that as Hargreaves fired in a screamer to pull a goal back, it got even better as ten minute later we had got back on level terms as Rooney wasted no time in firing into an open net after the Liverpool keeper had goane walkabout. The game became alittle tighter after our equaliser as Liverpool closed up ranks, but as time came to a close we struck in our third goal as Walcot fired in on his debut to send the United fans wild. Liverpool immediatly piled men forward in the hope of getting an equaliser which left so much room at the back, which Hargreaves capitilised on to fire in his second goal and our fourth.

Manchester United 4 Hargreaves 60, 90, Rooney 70, Walcott 89

Liverpool 2 Torres 21, 47

Cheers bruce as always appreciate the kind words by people, glad your enjoying the story

August 13th: Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United

My players started well in the opening game as we controlled Blackburn and it wasn't long till we had a chance as Rooney fired just over from 15 yards after the Blackburn defecne seemed to fall asleep. We were all over Blackburn and on the 27th minute we gain came close as the upright denied Walcott the chance to open his United League account. Walcott then came close agin just before the break as the Balckburn keeper saved well after he fired from 20 yards.

The second half was again all us and after five minutes we got the goal we deserved as Ronaldo fired in from 18 yards after the Blackburn defence gave him so much room, It was now just one way traffic and on the hour we had another chance to score but Ronaldo made a has of his effort. On the 77th minute Blackburns day got worse as they were reduced to ten men as Reid was sent off for a second bookable offence. After all the arguing was sorted out Aguero took the resulting freekick to fire us into a 2-0 lead and give us a winning start to the campaign.

Blackburn Rovers 0

Manchester United 2 Ronaldo 50, Aguero 79

August 16th: Manchester United v Liverpool

After the way we won the Community Shield I knew this would be a tougher game and on the 8th minute Liverpool showed they meant business with a rasping effort which Foster did well to save. Two minute later though we replied as Tevez fired straight into the Liverpool keepers hands. It was becoming quite open and on the 23rd minute we had another chance as Ronaldo's freekick was tipped brilliantly over the crossabr after Rooney was fouled just outside the area. Six minutes later the deadlock was broken as Tevez fired us into the lead. Liverpool though wouldn't roll up and die and they started to get back into the game and on the 34th minute they were denied an equaliser by the assistant referee claiming Torres was offside. Just before the half time interval Liverpool equalised the game with a great shot by Luci which beat Foster easily to the corner.

The second half was alot more open with some real end to end football yet despite all the attacking niether team managed to score again and we had to settle for a share of the points.

Manchester United 1 Tevez 29

Liverpool 1 Luci 44

August 24th: It was time that every club manager hates as we faced the first Internationals of the season, my Spanish side face an away trip to Belarus in the Euro 2012 qualifiers, We got off to a poor start as Belarus scored on the 6th minute, but despite long periods of pressure we couldn't equalise in the first half. The second half was like trying to get through the Old Berlin Wall. Luckily for my team we finally managed to as Torres equalised but we failed to score the winner and it meant we were deep in the meurde in the race for the Qualification spots

August 27th: Wigan Athletic v Manchester United

We started with a bang as Tevez smashed a thunderous effort against the upright. On the 10th minute we came close again as Owen this time had the chance to score but his effort was well tipped over the post, from the resulting corner O'Shea headed straight into the keepers arms. It was all one way traffic as we completely dominated Wigan, but for all our dominance we just couldn't break down the sturdy defence.

The second half was much the same as we fired in shot after shot and eventually it paid off as on the 74th minute Owen fired in past the Wigan keeper to give us the lead we deserved, we coniuted the pressure and on the 90th minute we doubled the lead as Owen again did the honours to give us three points and a very confident performance.

Wigan Athletic 0

Manchester United 2 Owen 74, 90

In truth the scoreline flattered Wigan as we should of beaten them by alot more and there keeper rightly won the Man of the Match award.

August 31st: The draw for the Champions League Group Stage has taken place and we will be facing CSKA Moscow, Panathinaikos and AZ, the easiest group of the draw and we should have no problems in qualifying for the next stage.

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Bolton Wanderers 9pts (4)

2nd: Tottneham Hotspurs 8pts (4)

3rd: Liverpool 8pts (4)

September 2nd: The European Super Cup will be heading to Italy after Juventus beat AC.Milan 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw

Septmeber 3rd: The draw for the League Cup 3rd Round has seen us pitted away to Bolton Wanderers

September 4th; Manchester United v Ipswich Town

A easy game for us as we controlled newly promoted Ipswich from the onset, we were all over them and on the 3rd minute we should've been a goal up but the assistant referee pulled Tevez up for offside. Two minutes later we came close agin as Owen rattled the upright after breaking clear of the Ipswich defence, it was one way traffic as we dominated the newly promoted team and on the half hour we again hit the upright as Tevez's placed shot was just tipped wide of the goal. We were firing in at goal at every oppoutunity but failed to break the deadlock.

The secodn ahfl was much the same as Ipswich were on the back foot from the start, on the 56th minute we finally got the goal we wanted as Ronaldo fired in fom the edge of the area to send the Old Trafford crowd wild. It got even better as four minutes later we had doubled our lead as owen fired in from inside the area to give us another three points, Now there was a two week break as Internationals were to be played

Manchester United 2 Ronaldo 56, Owen 60

Ipswich Town 0

September 10th: Before Spains Qualifying match with Liechtenstein I was informed that the odds for the Champions League had been released and we had been quoted at 12-1 with AC.Milan 6-1 favourites.

Anyway back to the match in hand, We struggled to break them down in the first half as they piled ten men behind the ball but on the 45th minute we opened the scoring as Torres headed in. The second half was a different story as we controlled them form start to finish and it wasn't long till Villa had doubled our lead and on the 80th minute we made it 3-0 as Eduardo fired in a penalty after Villa was fouled to give us three points

September 14th: We now faced the Cameroon in a friendly and we really struggled to the 2-0 victory, I was really disappointed in the performance of my players. The goals came from Torres and Fabregas

September 17th; Tottenham Hotspurs v Manchester United

A great start saw us a goal in front on the 5th minute as Ronaldo fired in a freekick after Tevez was fouled, my players began to rip Tottenham apart and it wasn't long till we were testing the keeper again as Tevez fired straight into the keepers arms. It was all us as we dominated Spurs. On the 22nd minute we went further in front as Owen wasted no time in pouncing on a mistake by the Tottenham defence to put us two goals up. We were simplay brilliant as we controlled every aspect of the game and it took some great saves by the Tottenham keeper to keep the score as 2-0 by the time we reached the half time interval.

I told my players just to keep up the good work and carry on with what there doing.

The second half was much the same with us again dominating Spurs yet it was them who scored first as Keane fired in on the 54th minute to give them some hope, but first they had the get the ball off us and they just couldn't as my players passed them out of the game. We finally killed the game off in the 70th minute as Walcott fired in to give us a good 3-1 victory

Tottenham Hotspurs 1 Keane 54

Manchester United 3 Ronaldo 5, Owen 22, Waloctt 70

Septmeber 20th: Transfer news see's us sign Pablo Aimar for £2,300,000 from Athletico Madrid, he will join up with the squad on the 2nd January 2012

Septmeber 21st: CSKA Moscow v Manchester United: Champions League Group Stage

A great start again saw us a goal up within a minute as Owen fired in virtually straight from kick off, ten minutes later we went a further goal up as Rooney fired in, but his goal was ruled out for offside. On the half hour we again came close as Walcott fired just wide of the upright, we were in complete control anbd just before the half finished Rooney scored but yet again his goal was ruled out, this time for a foul. A slightly dubious desicion which hopefully doesn't cost us later on.

The second half was all us as my players piled forward and on the 56th minute we doubled our lead as Rooney fired in and this time the referee allowed the goal. Rooney was asserting himself in the game and it was his pass that set up our thrid of the game as he sent Owen through the defence to slot past the onrushing keeper. Five minutes later Rooney was again involved as his shot rebounded off the keeper for Walcott to fire into the open net to give us a good start in our campaign fior the European Champions League Trophy

CSKA Moscow 0

Manchester United 4 Owen 1, 75, Rooney 56, Walcott 80

September 25th: Manchester United v Middlesbrough

The trip to Russia seemed to have a bad effect on my players as we struggled in the early stages of the match and Boro took full advantage as they outplayed us all over the pitch. It wasn't long till Foster was at full stretch to stop them opening the scoring with a fine save. Just after the half hour we eventually fell to the inevitable as Boro opened the scoring with Lita doing the damage. It was no real surprise that we went behind as we were so poor, the surprise came two minutes before the half time whistle as Rooney equalised with our first real attack.

The second half started with a bang as within a minute of the kick off we were a goal up with Rooney again doing the honours. Boro however had other ideas as they began to press forward and on the 78th minute they managed to score but the goal was ruled out for offside, even though it clearly looked onside. Boro got there revenge though as deep into injury time they equalised as Kennedy fired in with virtually the last kick of the game

Manchester United 2 Rooney 43, 46

Middlesbrough 2 Lita 32, Kennedy 90

Despite the point I explained to my players that we didn't deserve it and we were lucky to get away with anything today

September 28th: Bolton Wanderers v Manchester United; League Cup 3rd Round

A very entertaining game for the fans as both teams threw caution the wind and attacked, we struck the first blow as Ronaldo sent a great freekick flying into the gaol after Rooney was fouled. Five minutes later we had doubled our lead as Tevez fired in off the post to send the few away fans wild. However four minutes later Anelka had put Bolton back into the game, it was real end to end football and on the 43rd minute Bolton had comeback from two goals down to equalise as Lucas fired in.

The second half was much the same as we both attacked brilliantly but it took till the 82nd minute for the next goal to go in as Anelka put Bolton into the lead, my players however responded well as they strung a brilliant team move together to equalise three minutes from time as Tevez finished the move off.

The game went into extra time and a minute in we went into the lead as Rooney fired past the diving Bolton keeper. Bolton were beginnging to look jaded and on the 112th minut we went a further goal in front as Tevez finished off his hattrick but the scoring wasn't finished there as Murphy pulled a goal back for Bolton on the 120th minute but it was too little too late and we just managed to get through to the next round

Bolton Wanderers 3 Anelka 33, 82, Lucas 43, Murphy 120

Manchester United 4 Ronaldo 24, Tevez 29, 87, 112, Rooney 91

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Portsmouth 16pts (8)

2nd; Tottenham Hotspurs 15pts (8)

2rd: Liverpool 15pts (8)

October 1st: Newcastle United v Manchester United

A minute into the game we missed the chance to open the scoring as Rooney fired wide of th post when it was easier for him to score, this was quickly followed by Ronaldo firing a great feekick onto the crossbar after Tevez was hacked down on the edge of the area. We were all over the Geordie boys but on the 13th minute we had to replace Ronaldo after a stray elbow caught him in the face and he couldn't continue. Despite this my players continued to pile forward and on the 28th minute we went into the lead as Rooney headed in from Carricks cross. Newcastle looked very poor and just before the break we again missed the chance to double our lead as Rooney again fluffed his effort wide.

The second half started with a goal as within three minutes we had finally doubled our lead with Walcott firing in after a great run from the half way line. Four minutes later though Newcastle pulled a goal back with Song heading past Foster. This seemed to lift the Newcastle players and they became more of a threat as they piled forward as much as we were doing and on the hour they nearly equalised wih a rasping effort from 18 yards, luckily Foster managed to save well. On the 79th minute we had a great chance to pull a two goal lead back but Rooney was guilty again of fluffing the effort and three minutes later we were punished as Merida equalised much to the delight of the passionate Geordie fans.

Newcastle United 2 Song 52, Merida 82

Manchester United 2 Rooney 28, Walcott 48

Injury News: Ronaldo's injury luckily isn't as bad as it looked and he will only be missing for around a week

I wasn't too pleased with the woeful finishing of my strikers today as they cost us two points, with the amount of chances we had we should of put a cricket score past Newcastle.

After the game I was informed that the draw for the 4th Round of the League Cup had taken place and we would be facing a home tie with Barnsley

October 4th: Manchester United v Panathinaikos; Champions League Group Stage

Three minutes into the game we were a goal up as Tevez fired in from short range, My players began to exert there dominance in the game and on the 14th minute we had scoreed again but Tevez was adjudged to have fouled the defender out of the way on the way to goal. My players piled forward and on the 41st minute we had doubled our lead as Aguero fired in to give him his first goal in a while.

The second half was all us as we domianted the Greeks but on the 70th minute we were reduced to ten men after substitute Hargeaves was sent off for a rash tackle on Kafes. What was more annoying was that he was only on the pitch for around five minutes. However six minutes later we had effectivly killed the game off as Aguero fired in his second of the game and our third and given six points out of six in the Champions League and seven goals with no reply

Manchester United 3 Tevez 3, Aguero 41, 76

Panathiniakos 0

After laying into Hargreaves over his stupidity I asked my players why they can't be this ruthless in the League

October 8th: Transfer news see's long serving defender Wes Brown signing for Aston Villa for £4,600,000. He will join Villa when the trasnfer widnow opens in January

October 9th: Manchester United v Sunderland

A tough game for the fans to watch as we were really poor and seemed to struggled with every aspect of the beautiful game. On the 23rd minute we did have the chance to open the scoring but Rooneys effort was high and wide. Six minutes later it was Sunderlands turn to be wasteful as they fired wide of the upright after a mix up between the Ferdinand brothers nearly cost us.

At the interval I told my players I wanted alot more than what they were giving me.

The team talk seemed to work as after seven minutes we were in the lead as Owen fired past the Sunderland keeper, but eight minutes later all the hard work was undone by one act of stupidity as frustration got the better of Rooney and he elbowed McShane in the face after a harmless tackle by the Sunderland player. Sunderland took advantage of this and on the 70th minute they got the equaliser as Keogh fired in much to the delight of the travelling fans. We never got back into the stride of the game and lost another two points.

Manchester United 1 Owen 52

Sunderland 1 Keogh 70

I was furious with Rooney and told him he should know better than to do something like that, I fined him the maximum two weeks wages and told him he better not repeat such stupidity again

October 11th: My weeks didn't improve as UEFA handed Hargeaves a further two match ban for his sending off against Panathiniakos

October 12th; Whilst in Spain training the National team for the fiorthcoming Euro 2012 Qualifiers I got a phone call from my Physio to let me know Tevez has come back from Argentina with Knee Ligament damage and will be missing from action for around two months.

October 15th: My Spanish team knew only a win would give them any chance of qualifying and they duly delivered the win I wanted as they brushed aside the Romanians with an impressie 3-1 win, with Torres scoring and Bojan getting himself two goals. We were however still relying on other results to go our way to get the qualfication I wanted

October 16th: I have been informed by my club that the FA have increased Rooney's ban by two matches after his sending off against Sunderland.

October 19th: It was crunch time for my Spanish team as we faced an away trip to Belguim knowing only a win would do and we were also hoping Russia would lose there game. My players did me proud as we romped home 5-1 winners with Villa, Reyes, Fagregas all getting a goal and Torres firing in two. My players had to wait a few minutes after the match to find out the Russia score and after what seemed like an age we found out they had won 2-0 and we weren't going to the Euro 2012 finals.

Final Qualifiaction Table:

Pos¦Inf       ¦Team            ¦GP ¦ W¦ D¦ L¦GF¦GA¦PTS¦
1  ¦ Qualified¦ Russia         ¦12 ¦ 8¦ 2¦ 2¦25¦11¦ 26¦
2  ¦ Play Off ¦ Belguim        ¦12 ¦ 8¦ 1¦ 3¦20¦11¦ 25¦  
3  ¦          ¦ SPAIN          ¦12 ¦ 7¦ 2¦ 3¦31¦15¦ 23¦ 
4  ¦          ¦ Romania        ¦12 ¦ 6¦ 2¦ 4¦25¦19¦ 20¦ 
5  ¦          ¦ Hungary        ¦12 ¦ 4¦ 3¦ 5¦19¦23¦ 15¦ 
6  ¦          ¦ Belarus        ¦12 ¦ 2¦ 3¦ 7¦15¦23¦  9¦
7  ¦          ¦ Liechtenstein  ¦12 ¦ 0¦ 1¦11¦ 2¦35¦  1¦

October 23rd: After failing to qualify I decided to hand in my resigantion to the Spanish FA who accepted it.

Spanish Record:

Games  ¦ Won ¦ Drawn ¦ LOst ¦ Goals ¦ Goals ¦
Played ¦     ¦       ¦      ¦  For  ¦Against¦
--------¦-----¦-------¦------¦-------¦-------¦
  15   ¦  9  ¦   2   ¦  4   ¦  37   ¦  20   ¦

Archived