Higher Division release clause?

I am managing Sporting CP, in The Portuguese top division, and have Pablo Piatti on my shortlist.

Piatti signed a new contract, for Almeria, with a Higher Division release clause of £3M. I bid £3m for him and it was rejected. I have the same problem with Andres Guardado at Deportivo, who has a Higher Division release fee of £2.5M

Both of the above players are playing in the Spanish Second Division.

To check the contract clauses, I added managers at Real Madrid and Man Utd. When on the "Make an Offer" screen for Piatti, as Madrid manager, it tells me his release fee is £3M, but for Man Utd and Sporting CP there is no release fee.

So, it seems that the Higher Division clause only applies to clubs in the country that the player is based in, and what I would like to know is if this is accurate/true to life?

So, it seems that the Higher Division clause only applies to clubs in the country that the player is based in, and what I would like to know is if this is accurate/true to life?

Well it has to as teams in other countries aren't playing in the same league structure.

I am managing Sporting CP, in The Portuguese top division, and have Pablo Piatti on my shortlist.

Piatti signed a new contract, for Almeria, with a Higher Division release clause of £3M. I bid £3m for him and it was rejected. I have the same problem with Andres Guardado at Deportivo, who has a Higher Division release fee of £2.5M

Both of the above players are playing in the Spanish Second Division.

To check the contract clauses, I added managers at Real Madrid and Man Utd. When on the "Make an Offer" screen for Piatti, as Madrid manager, it tells me his release fee is £3M, but for Man Utd and Sporting CP there is no release fee.

I suppose that would depend on how the contract is worded, but likely, rather than higher divisions, they just state some actual divisions. p.e: the player's release clause, in the case of the team not playing on Liga BBVA, will descend to 3M in the case of an offer coming from Liga BBVA, Serie A, Premier League or Bundesliga 1. AS opposted to "any" first division.

Archived