[FM11] Three Lions On The Shirt.

LeeLiar

[video=youtube_share;4QIAv2EoIP0]

"We still believe, It's coming home..."

I was sitting here in front of the laptop screen thinking to myself, what does it mean to be an England fan. Every four year's we get annihilated in the only trophy we really want, no not the EURO's.. The World Cup, possibly the greatest competition that is ever played. As an England fan myself although only being 19 I have seen, felt, breathed the hurt of being knocked out of a world cup by several teams but none hurt more than Germany. Klose on 20, Podolski on 32, England's hearts where already tearing in half but still there was always that hope. Just 5 minutes later Upson throws England a lifeline and that hope had grew back into the belief that this was our year. Then it happened, the goal that was a goal to everybody in the world watching that game apart from the officials but anyway after half time and an eventful early period Germany made sure of the victory with two goals from Muller on 67 and 70. Did we leave the pubs in numbers? no, the odd few may have left but we stayed there watching as we prayed and hoped we could pull off something special. This is why I am writing this paragraph and using the song above because that is who we are, the fans who follow there team to every country on this earth, sing there hearts out even if its in the living room, wear our colours with the utmost pride and even cry tears of heartbreak like a little baby.

England Expects.. NO, ..England Believe's!

SkySportsheader.png

Fabio Capello Striped Of England Job

Fabio_Capello_1662247c.jpg

Last Updated: 01/07/2010

FABIO, YOUR FIRED

On the eve of a disastrous World Cup campaign, Fabio Capello has been relieved of his

duties as England manager. Following this announcement The FA have revealed they plan a massive

overhaul of the England System.

The 61-year-old still had two years to run on his contract at Wembley, but drew criticism

for his poor showing in the World Cup which has led to him being shown the door to let a

new manager lead the team to EURO 2012 .

An FA Spokesperson told us, "It was time for him (Fabio Capello) to go, the World Cup was a

massive disappointment as we had such high hopes and all the belief going into the tournament

that we could finally win it again has just faded out. The FA now see the solution as a massive shake-up

of the way we go about appointing managers and target's."

"We have had several candidates lined up for the past few days while the Capello decision was being

dealt with and we should have a new manager appointed by the end of the week. Any accusations of

rushing into a new manager can be rubbished as our three targets have been on the radar for a while now."

Fabio Capello has denied the chance to talk to us. More on this story and on the appointment of the new

England manager coming soon.

SkySportsheader.png

Bookmakers Have Placed Harry Redknapp As Favourite

For The England Post

harry_redknapp_280x_464805a.jpg

Last Updated: 02/07/2010

HARRY FAVOURITE

Following the sacking of Fabio Capello, bookmakers have set out who they think will be the

new England manager. Harry Redknapp has came out as clear favourite with Gareth Southgate a close 2nd.

The table of possible England managers are as shown below:

Harry Redknapp 6/4

Stuart Pearce 6/1

Martin O'Niell 6/1

Roy Hodgson 8/1

Gareth Southgate 9/1

Steve Bruce 14/1

Jose Mourinho 14/1

Sam Allardyce 16/1

Carlo Ancelotti 16/1

Guus Hiddink 16/1

David Beckham 20/1

On the list are some names that have been bouncing around for the last year as a successor but

there are also a few names which you would think would bring a very different style of football and

managerial style to the role.

Redknapp, Hodgson and Southgate have all stated they would love the role if they could juggle national

and international management but David Beckham and Martin O'Neill have both ruled themselves out with

an hour of this list being revealed. The foreign managers on the list have not spoken about being offered

the role but England fans have already stated there anger at even the possibility of one of the names

being in charge.

As soon as the new manager is announced we will bring you the story.

n2gzgk.png

LEE DAVIE IS NEW ENGLAND BOSS

England--Wembley-General_1068610.jpg

By STAFF REPORTERS

Published: Monday 5th July 2010

Today The Football Association has revealed it has appointed inexperienced

manager Lee Davie as the new man to lead England to EURO 2012. Unknown on the

National stage, let alone the world, can ex Luton Town manager Davie lead England to glory and show why

the FA has shown trust in him.

Lee Davie was introduced to the press at around 1pm today at Wembley Stadium. A place

he will need to make a fortress if they are going to qualify for EURO 2012. As he walked into

the room with a beaming smile he looked very confident that he can succeed and bring glory

back home.

The first question asked to Davie was from a reporter at The Guardian, "As you probably expect

not many people know who you are, would you like to take this opportunity to give the world an

introduction?"

Davie laughed and replied "What can I say?, I am 18 years old and have only managed in the

Blue Square with Luton Town. I have left on a sad not as we just missed out on promotion but

my sole focus is on my new role as the boss of the national side. I may not have any silverware

under my belt but this is the job where I will change that"

"Already I have read articles with people doubting my ability to manage at such a high and

challenging level but you can not judge a book by its cover. The FA would not have hired me

if they did not believe in my ability to drive this England team forward."

Asked if he will be making changes Davie replied, "Of course I will, when The FA revealed they

were looking for a new manager the aim of a complete new system and a refresh was made clear.

I second that view and shall reveal a new captain and squad for the friendly against Hungary next month."

The first fixture of what is dubbed as the 'Baby Faced England' lead by Davie is against Hungary at

Wembley on Wednesday 11th August 2010. Expected to be a sell out crowd the new boss will be eager

to get off to a good start.

To watch the full press conference visit The FA's official website.

http://www.thefa.com/England/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btn-back-to-top.gifdy4qd5.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

logo_275.gif

DAVIE'S ENGLAND SQUAD ANNOUNCED

Lee Davie has announced his first squad as England manager for the friendly against

Hungary in 6 days times. It is not your typical England squad as Davie shows he means

business in changing the nations set up.

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart

Jason Steele

Frank Fielding

Defenders:

Ashley Cole

Kieran Gibbs

Phil Jagielka

Phil Jones

Chris Smalling

Matthew Upson

Glen Johnson

Kyle Walker

Midfielders:

David Beckham

Steven Gerrard

Jake Howells

Jordan Henderson

Matt Jarvis

Adam Johnson

James Milner

Jack Wilshere

Forwards:

Ashley Young

Theo Walcott

Andy Carroll

Micheal Owen

Wayne Rooney

Daniel Sturridge

SkySportsheader.png

Davie Clears Out Back Room Staff.

England+Training+Press+Conference+jc66jhTfcHLl.jpg

Last Updated: 07/08/2010

Italo Galbiati Has Been Sacked as

England Assistant Manager

Lee Davie has today revealed in a press conference straight from Wembley Stadium that

the contracts of half the back room staff from Capello's reign have been terminated.

Italo Galbiati, Massimo Neri, Franco Baldini and Franco Tancredi have all been booted out

of the England set up to make way for Davie to build his own set up. None of the ex staff

would comment on the situation.

It is rumoured that England Under 21's manager Stuart Pearce will be given the Assistant

Managers job and Davie will be bringing in one of his close friends and ex colleague's Liam Harris

as the replacement Under 21's Manager.

n2gzgk.png

PEARCE GETS PROMOTION &

HARRIS GIVEN U21 JOB

stuart-pearce-260x400.jpg

By STAFF REPORTERS

Published: Monday 9th August 2010

England Manager Lee Davie has today appointed Stuart Pearce as the man to assist him in

bringing glory back to the English shores, with Ex Leeds Manager Liam Harris taking the

Under 21's job.

What Davie has already said since becoming England Manager is that he believe's youth

is crucial to success, as England witnessed first hand as the German youngsters begin to build

a nation team to rival any other's. So what better man to help Davie than the Under 21's

manager who know's his players like the back of his hand.

This decision could be seen as a no brainer, but what people are talking about is the appointment

of Lee Davie's close friend Liam Harris as the new Under 21's Manager. It is true he has experience

with youth but can he be the one who nurtures the next crop of English talent into superstars on

the world stage.

At the start of Davie's reign he said that he will be changing the whole set up and month down the

line he sure has proved he means business. The question everybody is asking though is;

Can Lee Davie really bring football home?

btn-back-to-top.gifdy4qd5.png

SkySportsheader.png

Lee Davie Appoints Leader Of

The New England

Wayne-Rooney-world-cup-2010.jpg

Last Updated: 10/08/2010

WAYNE ROONEY APPOINTED

AS ENGLAND CAPTAIN

At a news conference today, England boss Lee Davie announced he has

decided to make Wayne Rooney Captain, Replacing Rio Ferdinand, whilst Steven

Gerrard remains vice-captain.

Davie's decision to replace Rio Ferdinand as captain sends out a strong signal

that things will be different under the new England management. Wayne Rooney has

captained the side a few times in the past but this is a first for him as the team captain.

Rooney's start as England captain could be a difficult one with the public still

backing the previous incumbent Rio Ferdinand.

35komx4.png

INJURY CRISIS HITS ENGLAND

Wayne-Rooney.jpg

Tuesday 10th August 2010

England have been hit with a massive injury list before

Lee Davie's first game in charge.

Topping the injury list is Wayne Rooney who is out for roughly 2 weeks with a

pulled hamstring, which is heartbreaking as he was set to make his first

appearance after being names the new England captain. Also Frank Lampard

is out for 3 months after suffering a damaged achilles tendon.

Several other big names stars such as Rio Ferdinand and John Terry are also ruled

out with short term injuries which could unfortunately spell the end of there international

careers, as the chance to make name in Davie's squad is now.

Among the rest of the injury list are Ashley Cole, Andy Carroll, Theo Walcott

and Andy Johnson. Davie is also stated he will be calling up replacements before tomorrow's

game.

sportheader.png

Page last updated at 12:00 GMT, Tuesday, 10 August 2010

765.png773.png

ENGLAND V HUNGARY PREVIEW

International Friendly

Venue: Wembley Stadium Date: Wednesday, 11 August Kick-off: 1945 GMT

Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 Live, local radio & highlights on Match of the Day

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TEAM NEWS

Lee Davie's first match in charge of England and its shaping up to be a completely different

game that what we have seen before from any English side. Mainly an attacking side full of

young talent with the experience where needed.

England are missing a lot of players through injury including there new captain Wayne Rooney, Frank

Lampard, Rio Ferdinand and John Terry.

The world rankings put Hungary 52nd in the world but with a fully fit side and England looking

like they need to hire out there own hospital and with Davie stating he is using this as an experiment

Hungary have every chance of winning this game.

England

Suspended: None Doubtful: Carroll (Thigh), Gerrard (Hamstring)

Injured/unavailable: Rooney (Hamstring), Terry (Back), Ferdinand (Knee), Lampard (Achilles), Walcott (Thigh)

Hungary

Suspended: None Doubtful: None

Injured/unavailable: None

PRE MATCH INTERVIEWS

Lee Davie:

"Obviously there is a lot of pressure on my shoulders, but I can handle it and today is the day

I prove myself. We have a lot of injuries to star players but I feel I have a good mixture of young

and experienced players which can handle the pressure of the occasion."

Sandor Egervari:

"We will be heading over to England to play for the win. We have a lot of fans travelling over and

we want to show them we can play against the big teams in the world, with no injuries and a fresh

squad of player we can hopefully do this."

sportheader.png

Page last updated at 12:00 GMT, Tuesday, 10 August 2010

765.png773.png

ENGLAND 3-1 HUNGARY

International Friendly

Venue: Wembley Stadium Date: Wednesday, 11 August Kick-off: 1945 GMT

Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 Live, local radio & highlights on Match of the Day

MATCH REVIEW

An efficient performance by England's Players saw them confidently overcome a lacklustre

Hungary 3-1 at Wembley to record Lee Davie's first win as boss.

Winger Szabolcs Huszti gave Hungary the lead with a powerful effort in the 17th minute.

Powerful Andy Carroll the equalised for England in the 30th minute with a great strike into

the top corner from 10 yards out.

Centre-back Gabor Horvath was left red faced in the 63rd minute as he somehow managed

to pass the ball into his own net. Industrious midfielder James Milner completed the scoring

for England with a tidy finish on 81 minutes.

As Lee Davie's first game in charge there is no doubt he will be walking around with a beaming

smile over the next few weeks with that comfortable win. England fans must be embarrassed

they doubted The FA as they seemed to have appointed a solid manager in Davie.

POST MATCH INTERVIEWS

Lee Davie:

"The players done exactly what I asked of them today and we have come out of the game

as comfortable 3-1 winners. Hopefully I have started to prove myself and get the fans on my side."

Sandor Egervari:

"Obviously I am disappointed along with the players and fans, but that is football and we have to move

on and hopefully we can establish ourselves as a force in the future."

SkySportsheader.png

Englands Place In World Rankings

Has No Change.

fifa.png

Last Updated: 20/08/2010

ENGLAND REMAIN 6TH IN

WORLD RANKINGS

FIFA today revealed the latest world rankings and to nobody's suprise

England are unchanged and remain in 6th place.

Spain have managed to stay in first place, followed by The Netherlands

and Germany. The only other teams above England are Brazil in 4th and

Argentina in 5th respectively.

The most improved nation on the list was Palestine who have moved from

177th to 147th on the list.

logo_275.gif

ENGLAND SQUAD FOR EURO QUALIFIER'S

ANNOUNCED

The England squad for the Euro Qualifier's against Bulgaria and Switzerland

have announced today by the England Manager Lee Davie at Wembley Stadium.

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart

Jason Steele

Frank Fielding

Defenders:

Ashley Cole

Rio Ferdinand

Kieran Gibbs

Phil Jagielka

Glen Johnson

Phil Jones

Chris Smalling

John Terry

Kyle Walker

Midfielders:

David Beckham

Steven Gerrard

Jordan Henderson

Jake Howells

Matt Jarvis

Aaron Lennon

James Milner

Jack Wilshere

Ashley Young

Forwards:

Theo Walcott

Andy Carroll

Micheal Owen

Wayne Rooney

Daniel Sturridge

Pretty much the same squad used for the friendly against Hungary but with

recals for Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Theo Walcott and Wayne Rooney who

all missed out on the last outing through injury.

SkySportsheader.png

England U21s prepare for turkey trip

LeeCattermole.jpg

YOUNG LIONS ANNOUNCE SQUAD FOR QUALIFIER

At a news conference today, U21s Manager Liam Harris announced his

preliminary squad for the trip to Turkey in their Group B qualifier.

Sunderland's Lee Cattermole has done enough to earn a recall into the squad, whilst Jack Rodwell is set

to return following a spell with the senior side. 16 year old defender Jack Robinson has also been called up and is in line to make his U21 debut.

Full England U21 squad for game against Turkey:

Goalkeepers

Alex Smithies (Huddersfield

Ben Amos (Oldham)

Jak Alnwick (Newcastle)

Defenders

Micah Richards (Man City)

Ryan Shotton (Stoke)

Martin Kelly (Liverpool)

Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace)

Michael Mancienne (Wolves)

Jack Robinson (Liverpool)

Kyle Bartley (Rangers)

Steven Caulker (Bristol City)

Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea)

Midfielders

Lee Cattermole (Sunderland)

Fabrice Muamba (Bolton)

Jordon Mutch (Birmingham)

Jonny Howson (Leeds)

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (Cardiff)

Tom Cairney (Man City)

Tom Cleverley (Wigan)

Mark Albrighton (A Villa)

Lewis McGugan (Nottm Forest)

Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool)

Forwards

Nathan Delfouneso (A Villa)

Danny Welbeck (Sunderland)

Victor Moses (Wigan)

Matt Phillips (Charlton)

sportheader.png

Page last updated at 12:00 GMT, Friday, 3 September 2010

765.png760.png

ENGLAND V BULGARIA PREVIEW

Euro 2012 Group G Qualifier

Venue: Wembley Stadium Date: Saturday, 4 September Kick-off: 1500 GMT

TEAM NEWS

England's first qualifier for EURO 2012 is expected to be a one sided affair in there

favour. with a clean bill of health and players raring to go there is no reason to doubt

why they are such strong favourites.

Bulgaria are indeed looking to cause an upset and start their adventure in the group with

a win. The manager and players alike have both came out into the press and stated their

desire to win but will have to let the football talk on Saturday.

England

Bulgaria

PRE MATCH INTERVIEWS

Lee Davie:

"This is a massive game for me and the players, we must secure a win here to get a good start in

the qualifying. Bulgaria are a good side but i feel if the player follow the instructions given to them

and perform well we will win easily."

Lothar Matthaus:

"I don't think there could of been any harder way for us to start the campaign than against England,

but of course we will be playing for the win as we need to try and get as many point's early on as

possible."

SkySportsheader.png

England U21s 0-1 Turkey U21s

Badresult.jpg

YOUNG LIONS GO DOWN IN TURKEY

Liam Harris took charge in his first game as England's Under 21s lost 1-0 to Turkey.

England Line-up: Smithies,Richards,Mancienne,Bartley,Bertrand,Cattermole,Howson,

Albrighton,Shelvey, Moses,Delfouneso

Subs: Amos,Shotton,Muamba,Emmanuel-Thomas,Kelly,Cleverley,Welbeck

The game was not much of a spectacle and England did not have much of a say in the opening stages,

but in the 25th minute Centre Back Omer Kulga scored from a outswinging corner from Mehmet Ekici.

England picked themselves up and started to perform better after the goal, Nathan Delfouneso going

close straight from kick-off after an excellent run and centre from Mark Albrighton. Delfouneso had

few chances to snatch at but when provided with the chances he could not produce the goals

needed. Half-time substitute Danny Welbeck had a fantastic chance in the last few minutes,

on a mazy 40 yard run, but could not convert. England still top their group but are now only 3

points clear of Turkey and Iceland.

Post-Match Comments

Liam Harris:'We may have lost but i don't think we were that bad today.

Considering we are completely changing the system and the formation I believe

we performed fairly well, we were creating chances but just couldn't get that bit

of luck or that break we needed today.'

sportheader.png

Page last updated at 12:00 GMT, Saturday, 4 September 2010

765.png760.png

ENGLAND 1-1 BULGARIA

Venue: Wembley Stadium Date: Saturday, 4 September Kick-off: 1500 GMT

MATCH REPORT

Disappointing afternoon for England as they have to come from behind to snatch a draw

from a Bulgaria side who refused to give in.

Ashley Young was the star of the show as England failed to capitalise on the amount of

chances they had come there way. It all started badly when an error from Wayne Rooney

gave Blagoy Georgiev an easy chance to score a close range diving header.

England reply came from the recently recalled John Terry smashing home a header from an

Ashley Young corner. For the remainder of the game England piled on the pressure but when

the final whistle went it was still tied 1-1.

England Starting 11

Joe Hart, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand (Chris Smalling 48), John Terry,

James Milner, Jack Wilshere (Theo Walcott 45),Ashley Young, David Beckham (Michael Owen 60),

Wayne Rooney, Andy Carroll.

Bulgaria Starting 11

Nikolay Mihaylov, Stanislav Manolev, Orlin Starokin (Ivaylo Petkov 83), Pavel Vidanov,

Yordan Miliev (Elin Topuzakov 83), Vladimir Gadzhev, Blagoy Georgiev, Stillyan Petrov ©,

Ivelin Popov, Dimitar Rangelov, Valeri Bojinov (Valeri Domovchitski 88).

35komx4.png

RIO'S INJURY WOE'S CONTINUE

rio-england.jpg

Sunday 5th September 2010

During Englands EURO 2012 Qualifier against Bulgaria Rio

Ferdinand was stretchered off with what looked to be a painful injury.

During the first half Ferdinand looked to have come back from injury fighting fit

but early in the second half he suddenly pulled up after playing a cross field

pass to Young.

After the game it was confirmed that he had suffered a pulled hamstring, Wether

or not Ferdy will be able to come back from yet another set back and regain his

place in the side is another story.

• 2 months later...

sportheader.png

Page last updated at 15:00 GMT, Tuesday, 7 September 2010

798.png765.png

SWITZERLAND V ENGLAND PREVIEW

Venue: Stade de Suisse Wankdorf Date: Wednesday, 8 September Kick-off: 1930 GMT

TEAM NEWS

England's second qualifier for EURO 2012 is expected to be a well contested game with England

likely to have the upper hand. England have been made favourites for the match at 6-4 but both

sides will be looking to progress as far as they can in the competition and secure qualification.

England

Switzerland

PRE MATCH INTERVIEWS

Ottmar Hitzfeld:

"This is our first game in the group, and like Bulgaria we are starting with England, possibly one of

the best sides in the world, but like Bulgaria we are also going to try our hardest to get something out

of a tough game."

Lee Davie:

"After good sign's in the last game but with no result we will 100% be looking for a win here. There

will be no excuses if we slip up today as we need to make a mark on the group in the early stages."

sportheader.png

Page last updated at 12:00 GMT, Saturday, 4 September 2010

798.png765.png

SWITZERLAND 5-2 ENGLAND

Venue: Stade de Suisse Wankdorf Date: Wednesday, 8 September Kick-off: 1930 GMT

MATCH REPORT

In a suprise result England lost to a plucky Switzerland side 5-2 A

brace from Johan Djourou helped Switzerland to victory.

Things did not get off to a good start for England as winger Tranquillo

Barnetta seized on an error by Steven Gerrard to score a close range

effort. Another error from an England player, this time Ashley Cole gave

Johan Djourou an easy chance to score a fine header right in front of goal.

Paldino scored with a well times finish from close range in the 17th minute

to extend the lead further.

Industrious midfielder James Milner pulled one back for England after 18

minutes with a header from a few yards out. Chelsea captain John Terry

pulled one back for England after 57 minutes with another header from a

brilliant Milner corner.

Djourou added his 2nd goal of the game with a well timed finish from close

range on 60 minutes. Full-back Reto Ziegler completed the rout with a fierce

shot on 75 minutes. Davie will not be happy with his England side today and

they will probably not be best pleased with themselves.

England Starting 11

Joe Hart, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Phil Jones, John Terry,

James Milner (Theo Walcott 45), Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young (Matt Jarvis 62), Steven Gerrard,

Wayne Rooney, Andy Carroll(Michael Owen 62).

Switzerland Starting 11

Deigo Benaglio, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Johan Djourou, Stephane Grichting,

Reto Zeigler, Pirmin Schwegler, Gokhan Inler ©, Marco Padalino (Rolf Felscher 81),

Tranquillo Barnetta (Kay Voser 72), Marco Streller (Mario Gavranovic 36), Eren Derdiyok.

Archived