Edited nation rules. Matches now played midweek? No, it's not the obvious thing.

CMdan44

Yeah so, a nice knotty one to celebrate the return of the forums.

I've edited the Nation Rules for England to restructure the non-league slightly and tweak a few other things. But now the Football League (Championship, League 1 and League 2) plays its games in midweek as standard with only a few moving to Saturday. I've no idea why the Premier League is not affected and nor are the 6 or 7 edited levels I've added below League 2. I checked a couple of teams and Sheffield Wednesday had 27/46 games in midweek, largely on a Tuesday, whereas Barnsley had a similar number of midweek matches but mostly on a Wednesday. I checked the nation rules and all the matches in those leagues were set to play on a Saturday with a few moving to Sundays or Monday night for TV, with some midweek games moving from Tuesday to Wednesday (or the other way round, I can't remember) for TV purposes. In the unlikely event that it was my TV schedule that was causing the ****-up I removed the mideek TV re-arrangements. Checked it, same problem. So I removed the one that moves matches to a Monday, same problem. And now I've got rid of the one that moves matches to a Sunday (so now all my matches are set to play on Saturday, just changing some kick-off times for TV purposes.) Guess what? All three leagues were still playing on Tuesdays/Wednesdays :mad: Next thing I'll try is ripping out the Football League and shoving it back in again but I'm not hopeful.

It's not game breaking and I'm still playing a save whilst trying to find a solution but it is really annoying and I reckon I'll soon be starting a new save so has anyone got any suggestions? If you have one that is not to manually insert the fixtures for the first season and hope for the best I'd be especially grateful because a) it's just so time consuming and b) i'd prefer not to have to trust to luck: so much of this project has ****ed up already, I'd quite like a certain fix for this last issue. Any suggestions? I'm about ready to try anything including, but not limited to, sacrificing some small creatures to the Egyptian God Ra ;) Thanks in advance.

Every time you have made changes to your file, have you started a new game or just loaded up your save to see if anything has changed?

yeah, starting a new save to check, I'm not that thick :)

have you changed from saturday 15:00 to Tuesday/wednesdays? or added cups that would make rearranged matches?

I already said the matches are set for Saturdays. Yes there are probably cup games on SOME of the weekends in question, especially towards the start of the season, but those cups (or at least those rounds of the cups) don't involve teams in the leagues where I'm experiencing problems. I think I've got most of those cups set for Wednesday nights anyway so it would have the opposite effect anyway.

Archived