FM08: Should I Stay or Should i Go? Thread

mattowls

When you've been at a club for a while and have done a good job you're bound to get job offers from other clubs. The question is "Should I stay...or should i go?"

Tell us the situation:

Current Club

Success at current club

Job Offered

Pro's/Con's of current club

Pro's/Con's of possible club

I'll start then..

<LI>Derby

<LI>managed to finish 14th in 1st season and have a really good, young team.

<LI>Job offered by Tottenham at end of 1st season (07-08)

<LI>Pro's-Fan's love me, have a decent side with some wonderkids..Stancu, jones, Adrian.I enjoy the challenge.

<LI>Con's-Small club, never really going to break into the top 4, wonderkids want move to bigger clubs!

<LI>Tottenham pro's-Big club, have every chance of winning the title.Rich.

<LI>Tottenham con's-all the players i would want to sign are already at Derby.

please help me make a decision.

i would say stay at derby, like u said you have a couple of wonderkids so give it a few years and theres no reason why u carnt break into top 4, after all ive seen other players win the league with gillingham (they probs were cheating tho),

but there no reason why u carnt turn them into a big club just try and keep old of your wonderkids

• 1 month later...
Definately stay with Derby,im trying to bring QPR in Champions League and make them a big club in Europe so i dont see why you wouldnt be able to do the same with Derby

I won the premiership with qpr in the fourth season along with the uefa cup. its the longest game i ever played. stick with derby or u will regret it.

• 3 months later...

Current Club: Man City

Success at current club:Prem league runner up last two seasons, Community Shield winner

Job Offered: Man Utd

Pro's/Con's of current club: Really enjoying my time at the club, have made a team that i really like, although i dont really feel i get much money to play with.

Pro's/Con's of possible club: Bigger club, probable bigger transfer budget, higher media prediction, however every season i have done better as city then they have done.

Current club: Udinese (2nd year)

Success: Entered in champions.

Job offered: Roma

Pros/cons: I like my team, managed to get Adrien with a Continental reputation, 24M, and a Wonderkid. Got Aimar too ( :O ) and I got a very good team. (had to sold Zapata and Felipe :S) I want to grow up as a manager (never had a save where I change clubs :O) and deal with more money.

Advice?

Go for it I recently had my first game where I moved clubs it is weird at first but is a good thing to do at some point. I started as Ajax manager but the league was easy so I left for Lazio in the 3rd season finished 5th then won the league and left them to join Newcastle even though I hate them in real life it is great to swap teams. Go for it with Roma's money you can always buy the players you loved from Udinese thats what I did. Theres an Ajax DLC who has joined me at both clubs I have been at. Go for it fulfill your potential lol.

• 1 month later...

Archived