Saviola of Real Madrid: is he still a goal getter?

Chrisz

Am playing with VIllareal and currently play with one striker one..its mainly Stancu or Rossi.

Its coming to the end of my 1st season and am thinking of gettign Saviola .have hada bid of 5 mil pounds accepted before but didnt go through with it.

Question is, although the lad still ahs pace to burn is he better than my current strikers?

Cheers

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

He's not better than Rossi but is much better than Stancu.

Cheers for that... hmm, yea he seems a speed demon but have not heard rave reviews ..so am thinking on whether to get the lad

im currently running a real madrid side and i had to stick saviola in because of a long term injury to van nistelrooy and to be quite honest for all his speed he just cant finish at the top level. its as simple as that, although i know things vary in different saves so id wait for more opinions than just taking my word for it.

I got him on a season long loan for Liverpool in my first or 2nd season and he scored 20+ goals so I bought him and in the next season he scored a good few too. He's tailing off a bit now but he's not plaing that often as I play 2 of Aguero, Torres or Bojan but he was great for a couple of seasons.

I bought him during my time at Man United, season 2008/2009 I believe and didn't think much of him.

I only played him in a handful of games and he never scored. Adriano was a great signing on the other hand though. If you can afford him, go for it. Now I'm in 2012 with Real Madrid and he's pushing Tevez for being my lone-striker.

Bought him in January from Real for 4.9 million for Atletico and while he only scored 10 goals from January to the end of the season (In which I won the league). The following season sold Forlan and brought Saivola in as a full time replacement and he is now on fire having scored 15 goals by October (having made at most 20 appearances).

Darn the lack of an edit feature. Forgot to add that I believe that he needs time to adjust to your team and then he will start banging them in and that for his Price Tag he is a very good player.

Cheers for all the thoughts on the speed demon Saviola!

So far looking at all ur opinions Saviola is pretty inconsistent player..blowing hot and cold at times.. well i didnt follow up my offer in my 2nd season and spurs got him for 12 mil.hmm, could nh got the lad at 5 mil but oh well

Got Negredo of Almeria for his release clause of 2.8 mil... 2nd top scorer in la liga after My nihat of Villarreal..looks a gd buy so far .2 goals in 2 friendlies...

• 1 month later...

I got him for At Madrid sometime ago, 19 goals in 21 games, he also had 17 assist, him and Forlan really tore it up , Reyes was injured I need some one to play along Forlan so I was able to get him for 7 mil, Class act, It just depends on what tactic and where you play him.

Archived