[FM11] Acidmonkey's 2011 World Tour!

acidmonkey

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Step Four: South Africa!

1645.png

Founded in 1937, Orlando Pirates are a professional South African club currently playing in the Castle Premier Soccer League. The club play their home games at the Ellis Park and possess top training facilities and a good youth setup, The Club also possess a youth academy and an average youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as The Buccaneers and retains a fierce rivalry with Kaizer Chiefs.

Enjoying their Greatest spell of success during the 2000's The Buccaneers have a history they can be proud of. Boasting a total of twenty-two competition wins, here just some of their highlights: Orlando pirates won the African champ[ions League in 1995, won the south African top division seven times and finished runners-up on five occasions, won the Super cup in 1996, and won the ABSA Knockout Cup in 1988 and finished runners up on two occasions.

Recently they have been struggling of late as they only managed a 8th placed finish in the 10/11 season before dropping to 11th in the 11/12 season things picked up for them as the hit 4th spot last term, however after 22 league games so far this season whilst predicted to finish 5th they are sat in a lowly 10th. I have 8 games to drag them as high up the table as possible.with only a 17 man squad

League table

Bring him back and make him a superstar again!

Actually, no, not really. ;)

No...I agree! Bring him back!!!! :D He was a legend!

Another big club underachieving that need your managerial skills. Good luck in South Africa :thup:.

cheers but i cant see me staying long the CAF Champions league seems like it could be easy, and the South African league is do able with the right signings, looking to move on in a year or two but im thinking towards the Americas north or south i don't mind.

1645.png

2013-14 Season

League - Well i only oversaw 7 games and we failed to get the consistency to get upwardly mobile in the league, we did start with 3 straight wins but back to back defeats to two sides chasing the title put a end to hopes of scooting up the table we finished the season with a 2-1 win over Bloem Celtic before losing to Thanda.

ABSA Cup - Eliminated in 2nd round before i took control

Telkom Cup - Won in Extra time before i took control

62617987.png

2014 World Cup Qualifiers

Sierra Leone HOME - Well we went into the first qualifier with a strong squad and we knew we had to get off to a good start but despite all the quality play we struggled with he goals and only got the one in the 72nd minute but a good start nonetheless

South Africa AWAY - Well we knew this would be tougher but we managed to go in a the break a goal down before a good rally got us back into it and ahead only to lose the lead in the 84th minute however Yaya Toure grabbed the winner to keep up our record

Togo HOME - Well i knew these are a good team on their day but the score line flattered them we were 3 up before the break and seemed to coast to the end but luckily managing to grab the win we needed.

Sierra Leone AWAY - Well this was more what we can do and it was a goo clinic display from the players to seal passage to Brazil, and we really should have had more goals if I'm honest

South Africa HOME - We really turning on the Style in the qualifiers as we sit 90 minutes away from a 100% record in the group we just went out and played our own game and came away with the comfortable victory.

Togo AWAY - Not much to say except we smashed em, we only led by one at the break but managed to move on from that adding a few more in the second 45 we have rounded out the qualifying rounds on a high and I'm very happy with the record we have had

62617987.png

2014 World Cup

Group Stage

Sweden - Not expecting much in this game might nick a draw if we play as well as we can. and Sweden were the better team as expected but a great performance by Bony put in a Man of the match performance to seal a point in the group opener for us.

Game of Round one: Uruguay 1-0 Italy

Paraguay - Not expecting much like the Sweden game hoping for a draw if I'm honest but was blown away by the performance the lads put in, we totally out played Paraguay and easily sealed the win which put us top of the group and I hope we stay there. however we were rocked by the injury to Bony who is a big player for us.

Game of Round Two: Bosnia 2-2 Sweden

Bosnia & Herz. - This was the game I expected to win comfortably and we did so condemning Bosniz to the bottom of the group, and uis to the top if the table and send us into the second round

Game of Round Two: France 1-1 Bulgaria

Chile 2nd round - Mixed feelings going into this match as i feel we were slightly better side but either of us could win the match, it was a tough game as we went a man down before the break before going a goal down, but we pegged them back before Zokora got the winner in the 112th minute!

Germany Quarter Final - I Knew going into this match the run would end at this stage, but i was proved wrong as we took an early lead then defended well to claim the win to set up a semi final with Portugal

Portugal Semi Final - I'm just surprised to be this far and I'm hoping we don't disgrace ourselves, and we didnt as despite going a goal behind thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo, we managed to pull it level in the 62nd minute and eventually force penalties, only to see Yaya Toure miss then Bony miss and we are the 3rd place play off match against France, while Portugal go on to play Spain in the final

France 3rd Place Play-off - Didn't expect much and eventually we were beaten by the better side as the French were the more deadly in front of goal the stats say it was even, it wasn't even close.

Well that's the end of the 2014 world cup, and also the end of my Ivory Coast career as Ive resigned as manager

1645.png

2014-15 Season

League - What a season like I said last year I knew the league was winnable with the right signings and we have made those signings over the summer, we led the table from start to finish, and deserved the title, I'm over the moon with the league campaign and wouldn't have minded a crack at the African champions league but I've been offered a better challenge something I'm looking forward to next season, And a win and a draw against second placed Supersport Utd all but sealed the title as we went into the last few games of the season holding an unassailable lead. We weren't even the league highest scorers but we did have the tightest defence which gave us the best goal difference of the season. even though i left with two games to go as far as im concerned i won that league there's no way they could have thrown it away with the two games left.

Telkom Cup - A good run in the cup saw us reach the final after a string of narrow wins, we managed to get a penalty shootout win to seal the 1st round only for us to win the next two rounds 1-0 before Supersport Utd won in the final.

ABSA Cup - Again a good run we managed to comfortably beat Thanda in the 2nd Round before beating Maritzburg in the 3rd round, only for Jomo beat us on penalties.

Top scorer - well i know 7 is hardly record breaking but the goals were evenly spread about the side he would have had more and perhaps should of, but the goals were evenly spread with 5/6 players on 8 goals apiece,

Top player 2- His five goals from the back helped us to the top of the table and was a rock at the back for me and should have had a winners medal

Step Five: Mexico

136014.png

Queretaro Futbol Club

Founded in 1950, Queretaro Futbol Club are a professional Mexican club currently playing in the La Primera Division PRofesional. The club play their home games at Estadio La Corregifora and possess average training facilities and an adequate youth setup. The club also possess a youth academy and a fairly basic youth recruiment network. The club is affectionately known as Gallos Blancos.

As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 2000's and their last competition win coming as recently as 2008, Gallos Blancos are a club with a growing history. Queretaro won the Mexican 2nd tier in 2005, 2006 and 2008 and finished runners-up once, and finished runners-up in the Mexican 3rd tier in 1976 and 1986.

The club has struggled in the league after a great opening stage last year they managed a 5th placed finished however the exodus of players and a poor opening section this season meant that they stayed up by the skin of their teeth im hoping to do as well as possible with these guys and then possibly move onto a bigger club from either of the Americas. as my Nomadic career continues,

136014.png

2014-15 Season

Opening Stage - Well after the last season it was a poor performance by the previous manager and we only improved a little, we got enough points to keep us away from the drop zone and to keep a healthy average points after the opening section, A draw against Cruz Azul was our best performance even though we did manage to edge out three wins against Atlante, Jaguares and Celaya, Mexico is going to be a struggle to improve this side as the bigger clubs are just pillaging my team for my best performers, but I'm hoping in the second half of the season I can pick up or I've impressed one of the bigger sides in the league and ill move clubs in Mexico. at the moment I have no intention of leaving Mexico

All good now as i was offered this the day after so ive landed on my feet!

Step Six: Brazil

319t.png

Corinthians

Sport Club Corinthians Paulista, commonly known as Corinthians, is a Brazilian football club based in São Paulo who play in the Campeonato Paulista and Campeonato Brasileiro Série A or Brasileirão. Corinthians was a founding member of the Clube dos 13 (English: Club of the 13) group of Brazil's leading football clubs.

Corinthians have won their state championship a record 26 times, the Brasileirão on four occasions, including a double in 1999, and the Copa do Brasil three times; in South America, they reached the quaterfinals of the Copa Sudamericana in 2005, were Copa CONMEBOL and Copa Libertadores semifinalists in 1994 and 2000 respectively, and won the FIFA Club World Cup in 2000, where the Timão ended their 90-year wait for international honors, defeating Vasco da Gama 4–3 in the final, which was held at the Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro. The Timão play their home games at the Pacaembu, which currently holds up to 40,199 spectators. In 2013, Corinthians are due to move to their new home of Novo Estádio do Corinthians, which will have a capacity of 65,000. Corinthians' home kit is white shirts, with black shorts, accompanied by white socks, this combination has been used since 1920. Nike are the kit manufacturers and the main shirt sponsor is Neo Química.

Corinthians is Brazil's richest football club in terms of revenue, with an annual revenue of $115.9m (€81m), and the second most valuable club in the nation, worth over $360.4m (€251.8m) in 2011.[1] During their history, the club has been known by a number of nicknames, including Timão (The Great Team in English), due to their popularity in Brazil The Club is the second most popular in Brazil. Between 2004 and 2007, three different surveys were conducted by the research firms Ibope, Data Folha and CNT/Sensus to measure which was the favorite football team in Brazil. According to the results, Corinthians was preferred by 13.2% to 15% of the Brazilian population, which represents approximately 25 to 29 million fans. There are also several Corinthians' organized fan clubs of football factories, among them Gaviões da Fiel, Camisa 12, Pavilhão 9 and Estopim da Fiel.

Rub salt into the wounds why don't you :D

I opened your thread read you were in Mexico went to play on the xbox come back posted and now I see you got sacked. That will teach me to use the refresh button I suppose lol.

JackJCFC thanks. yea im trying to avoid the European competitions for now as it would be unrealistic to move from Europe back to south America etc in my opinion. that and ive had no European job offer's bar Hertha who were bankrupt and got relegated again.

319t.png

2016 Season

Campeonato Paulista - Well this whole playing two leagues in one season thing is going to take some getting used to, we took on the best of the Sao Paulo region and id well When i joined they were four games in already and had a 100% record, my first game in charge was a 3-0 win over Paulisto FC who don't seem to play in another league, which kind of equates to beating a non-league side, Despite two defeats we still managed to hold onto the play-off spot and only finished 2nd by two points and we rolled into the Quarter Finals where Ituano FC were smashed 5-0, before a decent challenge as we beat Palmeiras in the Semis to set up a final against Sao Paulo, They did beat us in the league stage but a 1-1 draw in the first leg i thought we would do better in the 2nd leg, only for us to get out played and well beaten.

Brasileirao - What a season in the National league, We struggled to find the consistency early on and found ourselves as low as 13th a one point but we managed to pick ourselves up and get on with it swapping positions fairly regularly going as high as 3rd and as low as 7th till things settled down and we made 4th spot our own but we were always in touch with the league leaders and with the sudamerica still ongoing knew we could push on and claim the title with one good solid run, we got that and went into the last two games knowing if we won both we would claim the league but if we didn't win both we would be sat in the top three.

Copa do Brasil- We got off to a good start in the Copa do Brasil as we beat Treze with ease in the first round However a second round against Flamengo left us with it all to do, as we went down 4-2 at the Maracna in the 2nd leg we went down to a early goal to send us crashing out.

Copa Sudamerica - Bit of an unusual start in the Sudamericana as we took on fellow Brazilian side Flamengo and only managed a 2-2 draw in the away leg, however a 3-2 win at home managed to get us into the 1st round proper and a tie with the Columbian side Chico who were smashed 5-0 in the first leg in Columbia before drawing leg two 0-0, the quarter finals saw us take on Paraguayan side Libertad who we smashed 4-0 in brazil before a 3-1 win away sealed us passage into the Semi's and a tie with Boca, who we beat on penalties after a 2-2 draw on aggregate, where we took on Olimpia in the final.

Top scorer - An epic season for Adailton, a hat full of goals and hoping after nearly 50 league games he doesn't suffer from burn out and is ready for the state champs next year, or if i can hang onto him as Schalke, CSKA and Valencia are all after him.

Top player 2- a good season from the full back however he will be leaving in the close season as he has ran down his contract and plans to sign for Zenit in January

Top player 3- This guy is going to be HUGE I'm hoping i can hang onto him though as Ajax and Benfica are sniffing but i want top keep him in Brazil and have slapped a £28m Price tag on the guy in the hope it scares off the two big clubs sniffing.

Well a copa Libertadores, group came out as straight forward.

Group A

Deportivo Cuenca (Ecuador)

Barcelona (Ecuador)

Liverpool (Uruguay)

Sao Paulo (Brazil )

Group B

Bolivar (Bolivia)

Mineros de Guayana (Venezuela)

Estudiantes Tecos (Mexico)

San Lorenzo (Argentina)

Group C

Gremio (Brazil)