why?? :(

ok so im playing a DB ive edited, but that doesnt explain this, im brighton manager, ive just done the treble (Prem, Fa cup and Champs League) and at the end of the season Man City come in for my AssMan, now I offered him a stupidly large contract (he's been with me from the start and i like the way he does his press conferences) to try and keep him (an city have just finished 11th in the league btw), in fact i offered him £23,000 a week to stay, yet he's just accepted the City assman job for a wage of £3,000 a week.. .. .. WTF??

i should probably mention the fact that im on his fave person's list, and he lists the club as one of his fave clubs (whilst City aint on that list)

Still a bit of a joke though, nobody would ever leave a club who completed a treble for a mid table club who are offering a tenth of the wages.

Im getting sick of still losing staff to supposed top teams when im in my 20th season and those clubs havent won a thing for seasons on end, its just unrealistic.

i can understand that in the beginning of the game my rep wouldnt be as high, but i've just finished my 4th season, and won the fa cup twice, the prem twice, the league cup once and the champs league once, in that same time, city have won the Euro cup (in fact, in four years thats all they have won) so how in the hell is my rep lower than theirs??

edit - in fact, my rep is almost a thousand higher than theirs (checked with FMRTE)....... thats defo not right :(

yeah brighton were in league one this season, the one just coming up we are in the championship with a shiny new stadium :D

its a little annoying though, yes its quite unrealistic, but then so is FM in many other ways :D

edit - cheers for that Swarfega :D

how did you get your rep 1000 points ahead of man city without editing it in only 4 seasons, i dont care what you have won that should not happen.
ok so im playing a DB ive edited, but that doesnt explain this, im brighton manager, ive just done the treble (Prem, Fa cup and Champs League) and at the end of the season Man City come in for my AssMan, now I offered him a stupidly large contract (he's been with me from the start and i like the way he does his press conferences) to try and keep him (an city have just finished 11th in the league btw), in fact i offered him £23,000 a week to stay, yet he's just accepted the City assman job for a wage of £3,000 a week.. .. .. WTF??

i should probably mention the fact that im on his fave person's list, and he lists the club as one of his fave clubs (whilst City aint on that list)

did you not read the OP properly? :applause:

but you didnt say you had edited the rep and when it was brought up by the first two replies you never said you had edited it. Plus you say you understand your rep would not be higher than man city's to begin with which suggests you didnt edit the rep at all.

but you didnt say you had edited the rep and when it was brought up by the first two replies you never said you had edited it. Plus you say you understand your rep would not be higher than man city's to begin with which suggests you didnt edit the rep at all.

He hasnt said he edited the rep. He said at the start of the game that it would be lower but now its not. Look.

i can understand that in the beginning of the game my rep wouldnt be as high, but i've just finished my 4th season, and won the fa cup twice, the prem twice, the league cup once and the champs league once, in that same time, city have won the Euro cup (in fact, in four years thats all they have won) so how in the hell is my rep lower than theirs??

edit - in fact, my rep is almost a thousand higher than theirs (checked with FMRTE)....... thats defo not right

and your "point" is? my thread is not about how well ive done, or what my reputation is (although yes that might have come into play if mine had been lower than city's) if you really must know, i made Brightons rep 1000 points higher than normal (around 5000) before the start of the game, so my rep had increased (its now 8500 or thereabouts, and i should hope so too)

Did you also offer him a maximum length contract?

Did you also offer him a maximum length contract?

yup, i offered the maximum length available and the contract he has accepted is a year shorter, the contract he was on before he left me was only £2,000, would that have anything to do with why he left? (maybe in the game, my contract offer wasnt taken into consideration, so he left for what was a better paid job?)

Maybe it's different in FM11, or I have been extremely lucky in FM10, but I have always managed to hold on to my coaches by offering max length and upping the wage he asks for by one notch. I've never had anyone after my assmen though, so it might be a totally different situation.

Maybe he thought there was less chance of being promoted to manager at a club with a human manager.;)

Maybe it's different in FM11, or I have been extremely lucky in FM10, but I have always managed to hold on to my coaches by offering max length and upping the wage he asks for by one notch. I've never had anyone after my assmen though, so it might be a totally different situation.

Maybe he thought there was less chance of being promoted to manager at a club with a human manager.;)

lol theres no chance of him getting my job :D so maybe your right lol

Archived