[FM11] Cardiovascular Goes Globetrotting One More Time!

Cardiovascular

Hello FM Careers forum, I am back for one last hurrah before FM12 (maybe even further if I don't purchase it) and this is going to be a journeyman career, skipping from nation to nation in search of silverware (or potentially just a job if things get desperaste.)

Well then...

Leagues loaded: South Africa, China, South Korea, Mexico, USA, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia, Argentina and Brazil. All are load down to their lowest possible league, no database changes used at all.

As you can see, a nice spread of continents and leagues. Big choice not to load England, it's actually the first time I've never loaded a home nation in a career game... exciting times ahead! I've never actually managed in most of them bar the obvious ones in this FM, so I'd like to have a go at most of them for the duration of this career. I should point out here that I'm actually in season 4 I think, so screenshots/updates will be limited until we play catchup

This is me. Just an unknown Scot that barely made it past pub team levels on the road to... China?

Guangdong Rizhiquan, fondly known as just Rizhiquan have been home to many epic adventures from some of our forum users over the years. The chairman must've been losing the plot with his club, facing relegation from the Chinese First Division with just two months of the season to go, when he asked me to step in until the end of the year to try and save them. I gave it my best...

Rizhiquan - 2010

So this is my first foray into management with Chinese First Division team Rizhiquan. The chairman seemingly trusting me to guide his team to safety in the 2010 season. When I joined they were 3rd bottom of the First Division, behind Baxy (who had been deducted 6 points) and Guizhou. Our first four matches saw us end with 4 points from 2 stalemates and two 2-2 drawns (too many 2's there...) My first, the team's fifth (and ultimately final) win came courtesy of a 5-3 victory over Dongjin which almost guaranteed our safety; the final two points we gained were the final two games of the season, where we drew 1-1 and 0-0 respectively.

fixtures-2.png

league-33.jpg

We finished 10th, well clear of the 13th place relegation zone which was occupied by Guizhou. So overall we did make some progress, not as much as I would've hoped but progress nonetheless.

Rizhiquan - 2011 - Pre-season

Mohamed Thiam joins the squad as an already arranged transfer by myself, the strong Guinean becoming one of our best centre backs and players. He adds a bit of stability to a fragile defence. Hoa Qiang also joins as a defensive signing in the right back position, the Chinese man joining for £18,000 from the brilliantly-named Runyulong and becoming first choice. My first money signing as a manager - progress!

friendly-1.jpg

Pre-season was very good although mostly against poorer teams. Whether we can bring it to the table in the First League is a different story altogether. We had a particularly impressive showing against South Korean K-League side Jeonbuk to earn a one-all draw.

Rizhiquan - 2011 - Chinese First League

fixtures-3.jpg

We had a cracking start to the season when we beat Shenhua of the Super League in the FA Cup and followed that up with two wins in the league to kickstart out campaign in style. However it was not to be and after 2 wins and a draw out of 14 games - thats 7 points out 42 - I left. Rizhiquan were in 11th place, and I really wasn't enjoying myself in this leagues. China would never have been my first destination to go for a job and it may have been a mistake to take the job in the first place. Hindsight's a wonderful thing isn't it? So off I went to the job centre on 16th of July, 10 months after joining. Ah well, back to the market?

So after leaving my man holidaying whilst I went to work, I came back to find that my next job offer had come in and I would be heading closer back to home to Italy with...

Vigor_Lamezia_logo.png

Vigor Lamezia, a club languishing in the relegation zones and being in danger of being relegated from the Serie C2/C. It was almost a carbon copy of the Rizhiquan situation and I managed to save them...

Thanks for the support lads!

Vigor Lamezia - Serie C2/C - 2011/12

Vigor_Lamezia_logo.png

First Impressions

The squad is decent enough for this league, they are definitely not relegation candidates. Despite this, were are 9 points adrift of the team outside the relegation places, meaning this could be more difficult than first expected. However with Castel San Pietro not having won a game yet nor picked up a point, I don't expect automatic relegation meaning we still having a fighting chance of survival. The best player seems to be either striker Riccardo Lattanzio, formerly of Fiorentina or Paolo Deci, a summer signing for £500. My first act is set out some signings; Piero Saccone joins to fill the gap behind the striker as we are short on talent there. He is soon joined by left and right backs Massimo Mancino and Filippo Mattiuzzo, both hopefully as starting players.

Fixtures

fixtures1-1.jpg

With the exception of my debut game, we started off well by beating taking 6 teams off fellow relegation battlers Messina and Bacoli. But a 5-1 smashing from Savona brought us back down to earth with a bump and I began to see problems. 1 win in 8 followed but we didn't struggle for goals thankfully. We began to pick up form late on in the season but couldn't break the gap between ourselves and Milazzo which had stretched to 13 points. So we went into a relegation play-out between us, Messina, Bacoli and Vibonese. And it turns out we'd face Messina who we had lost to not two games prior to the season finish. It doesn't bode well for us :(

Vigor Lamezia 1-0 Messina

The first leg was at our place meaning the home advantage was in our favour for the first leg. We didn't quite take advantage of it as I'd hope - only one of our 13 shots went in - but Paolo Deci's 17th minute bullet header was enough for us to seal the deal for the first leg.

Messina 0-1 Vigor Lamezia

All we had to for this one was keep the score in our favour... a draw or win would do it. And we did just that! We left it late but Piero Saccone was the man of the moment as he prodded the ball home from close range to save us at the expense of Messina (sorry SnakeXe!!!) Looking at the screenshot now, I realised that the victory sent Messina down and there was no final play-out between themselves and fellow losers Bacoli.

lgetble.jpg

Next Year

I'd like us to be stable, is mid-table too much to ask for? I don't want to be in the play-out this time next year anyway.

2012/13 - Vigor Lamezia - Serie C2/C

Vigor_Lamezia_logo.png

Pre-season - Transfers

Because the transfer screen is royally screwed and shows transfers from everywhere, I'm going to spend alot of time doing a quick write-up on each one, you lucky things!

Alessandro Rapino, 25, CB - Rapino joins us on a free transfers after the board granted our survival with zero spending money but room for manoeveuring in the wage budget. The uncapped Italian was released by Celano and jumped at the chance to switch to us and becomes our first summer signing.

Giacomo Di Donato, 24, RB - Di Donato returns to Vigor Lamezia for second time having left for pastures new in the shape of Valenzana in 2009. But he returns after being released by said team to challenge for the right back spot.

Mitja Novinic, 21, DM, MC - The young midfielder is automatically classed as one of our better players upon his arrival; the talented midfielder was part of the AC Milan youth setup but failed to make it and following his release from Como, he was more than happy to join us.

Crocefisso Miglietta, 31, MC - The 31 year old Italian, once of Serie A side (at the time) Perugia joins us as one of our more experienced signings and players in general following his release from Atletico Roma.

Roberto Massaro, AML, 29 - We needed an attacking midfielder and we've got one right here. Experienced and talented, Robert joins us on a free having travelled through the lower leagues through the years after coming through the Fiorentina youth system.

Fixtures

friendly-2.png

So a good pre-season all-in-all, I'm pleased with the signings we've made and the results we gained in friendlies. The result versus Chievo was expected really as they are a good Serie A side and we're just a lowly team for the moment. The only worry is Saccone was our highest scorer with 2 from the AMC spot... not a goal from our strikers in sight. That's worrying.

Archived