Teens of FM12

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This.

The Swiss/Mexican/Ivory coast youth teams look amazing, as well as the Germans. I really hope they get well represented in terms of PA in FM12, would be a farce to see Alex Chamberlain or Ross Barkley have a higher PA than these players you mention, unfortunately the chances are they will be much higher rated just for being English.

I don't think we, and the researchers, should go nuts over some half-promising guys doing well at some Under-something tournament...

Youth football is different, and the rules for eligibility are quite weird [not to mention the usual "17yo african player who looks like he's 25" phenomenon], so I wouldn't suddenly set a PA of -8/-9 to dozens of players who happened to perform well at the most recent tournament.

Dominic Adiyiah anyone? :D

Should the whole Iceland U21 team get a PA around 150, thus meaning ALL of them will end up playing at an Eiður Guðjonhsen level in a couple of years?

I don't think so... Most of those guys would be lucky/happy to have a respectable professional career in second-rate nations/leagues...

FM has always had a rich history of dramatically overrating young players, creating bona fide FM icons who amounted to nothing in real life... That was acceptable 10-15 years ago, but nowadays with a bigger research team and a better exposure to football leagues/tournaments it's time to be a bit more "stingy" with high PA

I was never suggesting you set these players to -9 potential, just making the point that there are plenty of continental players who are underrated compared to their english counterparts.

It isnt insane to look at Yesil, Coulibaly or Shaqiri and think they should have relatively good potential, Obviously not at the same standard as Dominic Adiyiah as he was grossly overrated, but at least to the standard that they may become a good player in long saves.

Im at a loss with this English over rated players comment that's flying about, do people realize thats there's actually Spanish, German, Italian researchers etc as in from them countries and not all English people rating these so called foreign stars

So for those screaming and shouting that this German players under rated or this Spanish kid under rated i'd get your self to the data issue thread and look for the researcher for you team or country as you'll probably find hes a native from that country and not some bias English guy :)

Of course we realise this, but the English have a tendancy to overrate players :p

Trust me i've seen my fare share of over rated players in over leagues that has nothing to do with any English researchers :D

A few more young players that should be a lot better this year:

Kevin Scheidhauer

Kyriakos Papadopoulus

Marcel Risse

Philipp Klement

Bernd Leno

Tony Jantschke

Ilkay Gündogan

Max Grün

Jan Kirchhoff

Oliver Baumann

Leonardo Bittencourt

Ibrahima Traoré

Marco Höger

Zoltán Stieber

Felix Klaus

Kevin Müller

Tobias Jänicke

Alexander Esswein

Karim Bellarabi

all deserve a CA rise and a reasonably good PA

maybe Dale Jennings but I can't judge on him unfortunately...

I agree with you mostly. A few words:

Felix Klaus , I had him im BVB game and he turned out an A Interantional for Germany.

Gündogan as well , for turkey.

Stieber is great already as well.

Maybe you could add Klose and Wollscheid and Sonny Kittel.

I agree with you mostly. A few words:

Felix Klaus , I had him im BVB game and he turned out an A Interantional for Germany.

Gündogan as well , for turkey.

Stieber is great already as well.

Maybe you could add Klose and Wollscheid and Sonny Kittel.

You already mentioned them, so I didn't want to "take credit" ;)

Sonny has yet to prove on a higher level I think.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone doubting Wilshere, no-one has ever mentioned that he would be the best player in the world or the next Maradona or something similar that I read above, I watch every single Arsenal game being a fan and this video especially proves what I mean.

[video=youtube;9W8Ie4MyRX0]

Not sure if video's are allowed on here these days but I just wanted to highlight the point that, none of the other 19 year old and under player's that have been spoke about in this thread can say they have done what you will see in the video. We (Arsenal) weren't brilliant against Barca, we were okay as you would expect against such a team, we rode our luck at times and Almunia had one of those games in the first leg but Wilshere was the one biggest positive from both legs, he tackled, worked, kept the ball, passed it neatly, dribbled well.

He, for me will be world class and in contention with the Ballon D'or when he is older, it's no England bias because I don't think anyone in the current England under 21 team will be anywhere near that level.

I just think Jack has it all, and provided Arsene sort's the team out as soon as possible and fill's the team with great player's now a few have left, he won't be able to shine as much as the top player's do that have equally class player's around them.

I know he had one good season, but the performance in the video, just, to me anyway showed he is capable of mixing it with the best on the planet.

Just thought don't know if he is going to be an out standing player even if he is included or still plays for them just remember the Jamie Redknapp Football star show that kid who won a contract with Inter. Ben Greenhalgh because hes not in FM11.

And I don't know when its being show on TV but a second series is supposed to be filmed over this summer with Man City

Archived