[FM11] A Canadian travelling in football - Round 3 [journeyman FM 11]

cerud

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neither group should be too hard.

I'm thinking the same.

Good luck with Croatia, you should do well with them. High expectations, but that's what you get for managing defending World Champions! :)

Very true, AK22 :) I think the Euro Cup this coming summer in 2016 will give me opportunity to really test out the squad. I find that they may be lacking in strikers, so hopefully the ones they do have will progress by the time the next World Cup comes along. One thing is that the Croatian midfield is as dominant as any I've ever seen! I think they'll help take some pressure off of a few younger strikers.

Just got offered this...

racingh.jpg

It's a muhc larger transfer and wage budget as well as a more reputable league. Slavia Prague's league, the 1. Grambrinus Liga is rated at 2.5 stars; whereas Racing Club's Primera División de Argentina is rated at 3.5 stars and is one of the larger leagues in the world (7th largest domestic league). I'm deferring it until the end of the season for now, but I'm curious as to what others think...suggestions??

I'd say it depends on how you're viewing this save. If it's a case of tying to play it as realistically as possible then go for it as it's a bigger stage with more money available. But if it's league titles you're wanting in different countries then stay, you're looking good for a Czech title soon to add to your Norwegian one.

Tough call, probably best to wait until the end of the season :thup:

If you win the Czech league, I'd probably be inclined to go to Argentina. However, if I was a close second this season, then I'd definitely want to have another bite at the cherry next year.

I'd definitely go for it.
I'd say it depends on how you're viewing this save. If it's a case of tying to play it as realistically as possible then go for it as it's a bigger stage with more money available. But if it's league titles you're wanting in different countries then stay, you're looking good for a Czech title soon to add to your Norwegian one.
Tough call, probably best to wait until the end of the season :thup:

If you win the Czech league, I'd probably be inclined to go to Argentina. However, if I was a close second this season, then I'd definitely want to have another bite at the cherry next year.

Thanks deltablue, Raware, and AK22. I am trying to treat this as a "What would I do in real life" sort of career, so I'm inclined to agree with Raware on this one. Right now, I have 3 matches left in the season, but Sparta is going to win with me in second. I actually had risen to first with about 8 matches left, but my players seemed to think that was also the end of the season. They've been utter garbage ever since.

I don't have to decide yet...but definitely leaning towards Racing Club...

2015-2016 Season in Review

slavia-football-club-prague-1.jpg

SK Slavia Praha - 1. Gambrinus Liga

2nd Place Finish - Qualified UEFA Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Lost out on first place by three points. Tough to swallow, especially since Sparta Prague lost their final two matches. We could have had it and should have had it. We were in first place when we played Sparta. Unfortunately, my starting goalkeeper had mistakes on both goals and dropped to a 3.80 rating, the lowest I've ever seen in FM. Needless to say...I blame him ;)

Ondrášovka Cup - Our Board didn't care about this (the Czech versio nof the FA Cup), but I was hoping for a good showing. We had that, but ran into Sparta in the semi finals. A tie at hope, led to a tie away, so onto penalties. Couldn't do the deed.

Český Superpohér - Similar to the English Community Shield, we qualified because Sparta held both the league title and Ondrášovka Cup. As we finished 2nd last season, we got the nod by default and good thing we did! We went down 0-2 in the first half and I thought we were done. However ,the boys held true, and answered with 3 in the second half to give us our only competition win this season! The Board didn't care, but I'll take the silverware!

UEFA Europa League - This was difficult. We won our first round, but cam eup against Hoffenheim out of Germany for our next one. They're also a parent club of us so I knew it would be difficult. It was.

Transfers - Made some money off of transfers this year. The main goal was to bring in some younger talent as we were the oldest squad in the league. Brought in a few; some who could play now, others for the future.

Francisco Javier Romera - DM, M C - One of our young signings in the January transfer window, Romera really played well. He is one of the best tacklers in the league in in his final few games, became a goalscorer, including a hattrick!

David Izazola - AM R, ST - Spend a long of thime injured with a broken leg, he still conbributed very well when healthy.

Marek Lukac - ST - 28 goals in 32 matches including the league leader. I was very happy to bring in Lukac, especially at so young. I had tried to brin gover Wendes from Nardo, but they wanted too much. Lukac was a good alternative.

Finances - Finances are good. Didn't do as much profit as last year and that will hurt the wage budget for next year.

Facilities - Facilities, as always, are top of the line. But still a few additions!

stadiumtf.jpg

youtho.jpg

Awards

Past Clubs

Nardo FK - Finished 6th in the Tippeligaen at the end of 2015. Made the Group Stage of the UEFA Europa League.

Next Year...

I've decided to take the contract offer from Racing Club. It's a good career move - bigger, higher profile league, continental rep team, bigger transfer and wage budgets. I will come back to Europe someday, but for now, I like the adventure of going somewhere I've never been!

11 June 2016

387440583.pngcroatia.png

Russia 0 - 0 Croatia

I did a stupid thing...I didn't look too long at who my assistant manager picked for my squad and he only picked 3 strikers. Given that I just a 4-3-3...this is potentially disasterous. So, my 2nd match in, a striker breaks his arm. Now, this is football. I say, wrap the thing up in a cast and let's play; you aren't allowed to use your arms anyways. Happens in hockey all the time; eveeryone plays with broken arms, fingers, toes, etc. I remember Mike Grier on the Edmonton Oilers playing with a dislocated shoulder for that last 20 games of a season using just Cortizone shots until the summer when he could have surgery in the off-season. And that's with contact and body checking!! I remember when I still played hockey, breaking a finger blocking a shot, going off to the bench, wrapping it up in tape, then going back on 30 seconds later (ahh adrenaline!) I went to the hospital after the game.

Rant over. So now, I have 2 strikers for a fully trained system that needs 3. Ouch...

14 June 2016

croatia.png1091681721.png

Croatia 1 - 2 Denmark

Rant back on. I didn't score a thing. My goal...and own goal by the other team...

So the group stages ended up like this...

groupx.jpg

Not the best showing, but we qualified to move on.

18 June 2016

UEFA European Championship 2nd Round

1604811481.pngcroatia.png

Belgium 2 - 3e Croatia

Another match...another stiker injured for the rest of the competition. Now down to 1. Thinking of buying some popsicle sticks and glue to build a new striker. Honestly believe that it will hold up better than a human one right about now.

24 June 2016

miniLogoEuro2016.jpg

UEFA European Championship - Quarter Finals

935530776.png1514821509.png

France 1p - 1 Croatia

How do I begin...well, for starters, I had my final striker injured in this match, plus his backup, who was an attacking right midfielder...best I had. But we made it to penalty kicks; not bad against a French side. So, I pick my kickers, going through who's on the pitch and decent enough. First and second go alright, except, for the third kick, out of nowhere...my goalkeeper jumps to the spot to take the kick!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I never picked him; why would I? He's a goalkeeper. Needless to say, he missed, we lost. I'm about to take him outside the stadium to beat him with a 2x4.

So that is that..we're out. If my goalkeeper had stayed in the net like he's paid to do, might have been a different outcome.

And now...to Buenos Aires!!

argentina-racing.gif

Racing Club - Primera División de Argentina

I've taken a bit of a wage cut in my own salary from $500 000 at SK Slavia Praha to $400 000 at Racing Club. This is fine by me because the move should move than help my career in the long run. Right now, it's the off season, so I should have some time to get a look at things, bring in staff and players who I feel I may need. I had a couple of my old coaches leae with me who had also been with me at Nardo. Might be nice to have a few familiar faces over here with me :)

A quick background...

Founded in 1903, Racing Club are a professional Argentinian club currently playing in the Primera División de Argentina. The club play their home games at Juan Domingo Perón, "El Cilindro de Avellaneda" and possess top training facilities and an excellent youth setup. The club also posses a youth academy with an above average youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as La Academia and retains a fierce rivalry with Independiente, Boca Juniors, San Lorenze de Almagro and River Plate.

The club enjoyed previously their best spell of success during the 2000s. Although now enduring a fifteen year barren spell, having not won a competition since 2001, La Academia still have a history of which they can be justly proud. Racing Club won the Copa Libertadores in 1967, won the Argentinean top division seven times and have finished runners-up on six occasions, won the Intercontinental Cup in 1967, and won the Supercopa Sudamericana in 1988 and finished runners-up once.

This is definitely a larger club than SK Slavia Praha and more money to go along with it. The wage budget is about 3 times the size and the transfer budget is huge (for me) as well. There's also room to move around in the budget with more than a million to spare. Current staff is decent, albiet minimal. The squads' all look not bad as well, but we'll see better once I really get into it.

Here's a pic of Juan Domingo Perón, "El Cilindro de Avellaneda"

huan_domingo_peron_931559248.jpg

More than double the capacity of the Synot Tip Arena at 50 000. However, I read that during the 1967 Intercontinental Cup, they had more than 115 000 in there!!

Oooh, so you took it! :D I've previously had a save in Argentina with Sarmiento de Junin playing alongside Razer82's challenge and loved the league. Good luck with the league rules but they're easy enough to understand once you've played there for a while.

As for Croatia...don't you just hate wandering 'keepers?!?!

Oooh, so you took it! :D I've previously had a save in Argentina with Sarmiento de Junin playing alongside Razer82's challenge and loved the league. Good luck with the league rules but they're easy enough to understand once you've played there for a while.

As for Croatia...don't you just hate wandering 'keepers?!?!

Thanks Raware! Yeah, these rules are crazy...average over 3 years to decide relegation, but first a playoff? Yikes. Racing Club's been a middle of the road team for years, so not immediate danger of dropping, which should give me some time to figure it all out.

As for the Croatian goalkeeper......rant on. ;)

2016 UEFA European Championship

miniLogoEuro2016.jpg

Here's now the Euros ended up.

Group A: France, Slovenia, Portugal, Czech Republic

Group B: Netherlands, Ireland, Montenegro, Cyprus

Group C: Germany, Spain, Serbia, Wales

Group D: Italy, Slovakia, Romania, Austria

Group E: Belgium, Poland, England, Scotland

Group F: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Russia, Denmark

2nd Round

France 1e - 0 Ireland

Belgium 2 - 3e Croatia

Netherlands 1 - 2 Portugal

Bosnia & Herzogovina 1 - 2 Montenegro

Slovinia 1 - 1p Poland

England 0 - 2 Germany

Italy 2 - 0 Russia

Slovakia 0 - 1 Spain

Quarter Finals

France 1p - 1 Croatia

Portugal 2 - 1 Montenegro

Poland 1 - 2e Germany

Italy 1 - 0 Spain

Semi Finals

France 1e - 0 Italy

Portugal 0 - 1 Germany

Final

France 2p - 2 Germany

So France is the deserved winner. By Board was disappointed not to reach the Semi Finals, but understood going out to the eventual champions. I'm going ot stay with Croatia, see if I can't defend their World Cup perhaps! ;)

There were quite a few managers that resigned immediately after including: Cyprus, Czech Republic, England, France, Romania, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Wales, and Montenegro. Definitely a managerial change for the face of Europe! :)

Awards

Good luck with Racing Club cerud. You're making lots of progress with your career. Won't be long till you go to that big European club. :)

And always set your penalty kick takers in advance. Just in case something like the above happens. :D

Good luck with Racing Club cerud. You're making lots of progress with your career. Won't be long till you go to that big European club. :)

And always set your penalty kick takers in advance. Just in case something like the above happens. :D

Thank rancer. I think a big European club is somewhere down the line. Not sure when, but a few years at least. As for penalty kickers, I do set them in advance...still not sure what happened.

2016-2017 Pre-season

argentina-racing.gif

Primera División de Argentina Opening Stage: Achieve a safe mid-table position

Primera División de Argentina Closing Stage: Achieve a safe mid-table position

Media Prediction: 11th of 20

Sky Bet League Title Odds:

Wage Budget: $11 616 719 (currently spending $12 023 411...barely been here a minute and they're already slashing my wage budget...)

Transfer Budget: $8.66M

Kit Sponsorship: $1 269 119

TV Rights: $2 970 000

Individual TV Deal: $6M (never heard of this before!)

Youth Intake: My assistant manager likes this guy. Me?...eh...

Gonzalo Sosa - M/AM R

Not too familiar with the standard (though will be running that league next year) but he doesn't look too bad.

He definitely has the ability to improve. I use a 4-3-3 though so he doesn't really fit my style. We'll see.

2016-2017 Pre-season Matches

argentina-racing.gif

My first pre-season with Racing Club and it was a decent one. Many player changes as well, but we'll get into that later.

Norway - Nesjar - won 4-0

Singapore - Etoile FC - won 2-1

Japan - Gamba Osaka - won 4-2

Poland - Korona Kielce - won 3-0

Australia - Beenleigh - won 9-0

The main goal was money from appearance fees and training. The club is in the black but has lost money in the previous 2 years. I'd like to change that as soon as possible.l

2016-2017 Off Season Transfers

argentina-racing.gif

Transfers - We have made over $14 million in transfer fee differences. There were many players here getting paid way too much. I've brought in players in all areas: goal, defense, midfield, and up front. Here's a few of the more notable ones.

Nicolás Navarros - GK - Our other goalkeeper was good, but much older. Navarros is one of our top paid players, but deserving. He'll also have a good number of years left in him.

Patrick Tamboucha - M C - This player was offered to me by his agent. He's very highly rated with a potential of 4.5 stars. I believe he can definitely get there.

Carlos Figueredo - D R, DM, M RC - Figueredo was already signed when I came on, but didn't joined until later August. He's on the youth squad for now and getting some tutoring from an experienced first squad member.

Milton Caraglio - ST - Wanted a left footed striker and Caraglio was the guy available. Has had a decent pre-season so I' hoping this transfers into the regular opening stages.

7 September 2016

Rus_WCh_2018_f.jpg?240x2400

FIFA World Cup UEFA Qualifiers

So the beginning of qualifying for Russia in 2018 is starting. We begin with a game against Armenia.

A match we dominated in. Should have had more goals, but a good start to the campaign to defend the Croatian World Cup title.

Two more matches to report on in the FIFA World Cup UEFA Qualifiers

8 October 2011

339696789.png1514821509.png

Ireland 1 - 2 Croatia

Not the best of matches, but we got the win. Should have done better though. The squad were a little complacent so have to be sure to stop that in the next next.

12 October 2011

146287086.png1514821509.png

Liechtenstein 0 - 6 Croatia

I made sure that complaceny wouldn't be an issue here. I demanded a win and got one, a very good one. Also had a great showing from Tomislav Barac, a young guy on the Under-21 squad that I thought I'd give a chance. He got his first 2 goals this match.

2016-2017 Mid-Season Update

argentina-racing.gif

10th Place - Opening Stage

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - This was a tough Opening Stage as I had to do if with all 5 of my strikers injured a lot. My main striker only played 8 of the matches. I'm really going to need these guys healthy in order to succeed in Argentina. The speed of the match is much quicker than my experiences in Europe so far, more head man passing.

Players of Note...

Patrick Tamboucha - M C - Our new young guy has had a good first half of the season. His stats are already improving almost daily and he just netted his first goal in our final match! He's also been called up a few times for the main squad for Gabon so he's a happy guy. :)

Claudio Yacob - DM, M C - Yacob has an amazing curling shot that really confuses opposing goalkeepers. Best tackler on the team as well. Definitely the crown of our midfield.

Claudio Bieler - ST - Leads the team in scoring, Bieler was the only striker not to have any injuries. I think if he had had better striker partners, it could have been a better opening for him too.

Awards

• Gol del año de la Primera División Argentina (Goal of the Year) - Luis Ledesma - 1st Place
  • Equipo del año de la Primera División Argentina (Team of the Year) - Franco Armani

FIFA Confederations Cup 2017

Croatia has just been drawn for the Confederations Cup, the precursor to the World Cup. Here's the groups:

Group A: Brazil, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia

Group B: Bahrain, Croatia, France, Ghana

So looks like I'll be playing my old Bahrain side! Should be interesting. The Croatian Board also has high hopes too.

FIFA Confederations Cup: Reach the Final

2016 International Year in Review

160px-Croatia_football_federation.png

Croatian National Football Team

FIFA World Ranking - 6th

World Rankings | Past Positions - We basically haven't moved, hovering between 5th and 7th.

UEFA European Championship - Our Board wanted a Semi Final showing, but we only made the Quarter Finals. However, our losing match was to France, the eventual winners. The Board understood. This competition was also a learning experience for me to make sure you always look at who your assistant manager recommends for the national squad!

UEFA World Cup Qualifiers - All wins so far. A huge goal difference too. I'm expecting to qualify easily from this group.

worlddc.jpg

Friendlies - Not too many friendlies this year. Were used mainly to warm up the squad before the Euros.

Next Year...

We've got the continuation of the World Cup Qualifiers as well as the Confederations Cup. Looking to qualify and hopefully challenge to win our one competition this year.

A steady Opening Stage considering the injuries you had. You should have aquired more than enough points though to certainly avoid being dragged in to a relegation battle.

Looks like an interesting group for your Croatia side, playing your old Bahrain team. Will be interesting to see how far you actually took and improved Bahrain on the world stage not just the Asian scene.

A steady Opening Stage considering the injuries you had. You should have aquired more than enough points though to certainly avoid being dragged in to a relegation battle.

Looks like an interesting group for your Croatia side, playing your old Bahrain team. Will be interesting to see how far you actually took and improved Bahrain on the world stage not just the Asian scene.

Thanks Raware. Yea, the Opening Stage was difficult in not getting many goals and bleeding goals in defense. The Argentinean league also has an interesting rule in that you're only allowed 4 transfers between the Opening and Closing Stages! You really have to examine your squad to find what you need to bolster for the second half of the season, and what can wait until the off-season. I've brought in 3 signings, a 2 centre-backs and a midfielder. I think it's better to plug holes before worrying about other things for me. The centre-backs will definitely help in the back and the midfield addition will help move the ball forward to our strikers. We are scoring and in the top 3-7 in the league for scoring, but I'd definitely like to have some consistency. I think this is more to do with injuries though; get everyone healthy and it may be a different story!

Ooh, quite a lot happening here!

Firstly, bad luck going out on penalties in the EUROs, I can't believe your 'keeper took one of your penalties though! :eek:

Good luck with Racing, I think I would have taken the job there too. It's always quite a culture shock going to South America from a European club, so many different rules/regulations to get your head around. One tip for you, to add to all the madness, they quite like their 'keepers taking penalties and set-pieces! ;)

World Cup qualification going well too :thup: Will be interesting to see how you get on in the Confed Cup too, quite a tough group you've got.

Ooh, quite a lot happening here!

Firstly, bad luck going out on penalties in the EUROs, I can't believe your 'keeper took one of your penalties though! :eek:

Good luck with Racing, I think I would have taken the job there too. It's always quite a culture shock going to South America from a European club, so many different rules/regulations to get your head around. One tip for you, to add to all the madness, they quite like their 'keepers taking penalties and set-pieces! ;)

World Cup qualification going well too :thup: Will be interesting to see how you get on in the Confed Cup too, quite a tough group you've got.

Hey AK22...yeah the Euros was a bit of a heart break. Still no idea why my goalkeeper jumped up for the shot...

Racing Club is doing okay...but should be better. If one little thng happens in a match that is a mistake, the entire team falls apart. Still trying to get it right. The main problem is they hold the ball well, but don't shoot. Not sure why this is...the I'm using the same tactical setup as I did in the Czech Republic.

The international front is good. Dealing with injuries, but were qualifying good for the World Cup. My Board would kill me otherwise! :)

22 March 2011

UEFA World Cup Qualifiers

1514821509.png1814834797.png

Croatia 3 - 1 Switzerland

We were lucky to win this game. Our first half was horrible. We had only 1 shot, which ware our goal in the 42nd minute. The second half was better, but this game could have easily been Switerland's. Happy we pulled though...disgusted by how it looked.

7 June 2017

UEFA World Cup Qualifiers

1520516238.png1514821509.png

Armenia 0 - 4 Croatia

A well played game in which we rightly dominated. The two own goal by the other team I think should have been awarded to the two Croatian players that shot them, but the win is what counts.

14 June 2017

flag_256.jpg1514821509.png

Scotland 1 - 1 Croatia

We just didn't get really going in this game. Scotland outplayed us for the most part. We got together better i the second half, but this is one we really could have won.

PS: Still having problems finding individual nation rounded flags for UK nations. If anyone finds a better Scottish flag, let me know!

I did a stupid thing...I didn't look too long at who my assistant manager picked for my squad and he only picked 3 strikers. Given that I just a 4-3-3...this is potentially disasterous. So, my 2nd match in, a striker breaks his arm. Now, this is football. I say, wrap the thing up in a cast and let's play; you aren't allowed to use your arms anyways. Happens in hockey all the time; eveeryone plays with broken arms, fingers, toes, etc. I remember Mike Grier on the Edmonton Oilers playing with a dislocated shoulder for that last 20 games of a season using just Cortizone shots until the summer when he could have surgery in the off-season. And that's with contact and body checking!! I remember when I still played hockey, breaking a finger blocking a shot, going off to the bench, wrapping it up in tape, then going back on 30 seconds later (ahh adrenaline!) I went to the hospital after the game.

Hell, Bob Baun won the 1964 Stanley Cup for the Laffs on a broken leg. :D

2016-2017 Season in Review

argentina-racing.gif

10th Place - Opening Stage

1st Place - Closing Stage

Standings

Opening Stage | Past Positions | Fixtures - This was my first foray into South America football. It's definitely a different system. Each stage is treated pretty much like an individual season. I met my Board's desires but not mine. We bled to much in the back and injuries hampered us up front. I knew the transfer period would be busy.

Closing Stage | Past Positions | Fixtures - Champions! :) Played so much better. Due to restrictions in the mid-season transfer, I had to be sparing in who I brought in. Made sure to take care of the back and midfield rather than the front. That will be the goal for this off-season. But very happy at a Closing Stage Championship in my first year here.

As of the overall standings, here they are for the combination of the two...

Standings | Past Positions

Transfers - I had a transfer budget this year and I used it!! Brought in a few players that should likely be around for years to come and got rid of who I didn't need. Made over $37 million is transfer fee difference too.

Nicolás Tagliafico - D L - Consistent on the leftback and good defensive play. Chipped in a few good assists with good crosses to the head in the box.

Facundo Bertoglio - M/AM RC - Our sole loan signing, I really was Bertoglio signed for real. Our top tackler on the squad and a much needed physical presence in the midfield to break up offensive-minded teams.

Patrick Tamboucha - M C - Rapidly improving everyday, Tamboucha is not a top XI yet, but I know he will be in one of two years. His excursion with the Gambian squad have nette him a handfull of international caps and goals as well.

Gabriel Hauche - ST - Our top goalscorer. Could have had many more if not for long term injuries, one in each stage. Hoping he is able to remain healthy for next year.

Finances - We're doing alright, but that is mainly due to transfer fees. The club loses millions a month. I'm hoping that since we'll qualified for some of the South American competitions for next year that we'll bring in higher gates and some price money to supplement our cash flow.

Facilities - Right after I signed with the club, our training facilities got downgraded a level. I have the Board agreement for upgrading both the training and youth facilities so hopefully, it comes through.

Past Clubs

Nardo FK - Finished the 2016 season in the middle of the Tippeligaen at 9th.

SK Slavia Praha - Finished a distant 2nd to Sparta again; however, they did win the Ondrášovka Cup, so that's something.

Next Year...

Building up the front. I'd like a couple high quality strikers so that we're ready for our introduction into the SOuth American competitions. Also, a new goalkeeper might be nice. My name has been attached to jobs in the top leagues of Brazil, France, Germany, and Italy...if one of those actually comes to fruition...who knows? ;)

Excellent closing stage, as for Slavia, being distant second to Sparta is a very hard thing to break, as I mentioned when you joined, which is why I left after a while as well. Also good that Nardo are keeping themselves in the Premier Division.

Excellent closing stage, as for Slavia, being distant second to Sparta is a very hard thing to break, as I mentioned when you joined, which is why I left after a while as well. Also good that Nardo are keeping themselves in the Premier Division.

Thanks deltablue. Yeah Slavia is going to have a hell of a time breaking up Sparta's dynasty. Nardo is sitting fine, not plaing European football, but still in the top league.

Excellent second half of the season, well done! :thup:

Thanks AK22! :)

22 June 2017

FIFA Confederations Cup

1514821509.png90241279.png

Croatia 2 - 1 Ghana

A well played first match against a hard fighting team. Ghana has to be given credit; they played well and didn't give in. Should be a competitor for the 2nd qualifying spot perhaps.

24 June 2017

bahrain.png1514821509.png

Bahrain 0 - 4 Croatia

Bahrain's job was made even more difficult with a straight red card to one of their best ever strikers. They never stood a chance. A match easily played and one where I was able to rest a few key players, knowing that France is just around the corner.

26 June 2017

FIFA Confederations Cup

1514821509.png935530776.png

Croatia 0 - 0 France

This was an odd game...I held the ball more, but France vastly outshot me. However, only I actually got shots on net. Tough to say whether or not this match was balanced or not. But the draw give us top position in the group, so all is good!

Here's how the group stage ended up for us...

standingsk.jpg

We have been drawn against Brazil for the Semi Finals. I need to at least win this in order to appease my Board. Here's hoping.

29 June 2017

FIFA Confederations Cup

1514821509.png701165867.png

Croatia 0 - 4 Brazil

The better team won. We were massively outplayed and out of our depth. Played on the defensive the entire time and never really got started. Bad match, but knew it was going to be tough.

1 July 2017

1514821509.png17632461902145855821.png

3rd Place Playoff

Croatia 3 - 2 Russia

A much better game played. Russia came back in the second half and were more than a scare, but we were able to hold on for that 3rd spot finish.

FIFA Confederations Cup 2017

Here's how the Confederations Cup played out...

Group A: Russian, Brazil, New Zealand, Mexico

Group B: Croatia, France, Ghana, Bahrain

Semi Finals

Russia 0 - 1 France

Croatia 0 - 4 Brazil

3rd Place Playoffs

Croatia 3 - 2 Russia

Final

France 2 - 1 Brazil

France is really becoming the international team to beat having now won the Euro Cup and Confederation Cup right after. A couple of awards...

Awards

• FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Shoe: Dejan Lovren (2nd Place), Nikola Kalinic (3rd Place)
  • FIFA Confederations Cup Fair Play Award: Croatia (2nd Place)

Mexico fired their manager immediately after the group stages and the New Zealand manager retired. The Croatian Board was disappointed at only reaching the Semi Finals, but understood going out to Brazil. My job is still listed as stable...thankfully :)

2017-2018 Pre-season

argentina-racing.gif

Primera División de Argentina Opening Stage: Qualify for the Copa Libertadores

Primera División de Argentina Closing Stage: Qualify for the Copa Libertadores

Copa Nissan Sudamericana: Reach the Quarter Finals

Media Prediction: 6th of 20

Sky Bet League Title Odds:

Wage Budget: $14 563 606, an increase of $2 946 887 (currently spending $13 716 331, so a bit of space)

Transfer Budget: $20M

Kit Sponsorship: $1 613 119

TV Rights: $2 970 000

Youth Intake: My assistant manager likes this guy. He's rated 0.5/4 stars. Hoping he develops as he could! :)

Facundo Jadur - GK

16 August 2017

Well, the end has come. My time with Croatia is up. They wanted to make the Semi Finals in the Euros; I got them to the Quarter Finals. They wanted to make the Final in the Confederations Cup, I got them a win in the 3rd Place Playoff. Unfortunately, we did well, but not well enough for their Board.

sackz.jpg

2017 International Year in Review

160px-Croatia_football_federation.png

Croatian National Football Team

FIFA World Ranking - 4th

World Rankings | Past Positions - We moved up a couple spots after our Confederation Cup run.

UEFA World Cup Qualifiers - Croatia is doing well in the qualifiers and should have no problem moving into the World Cup. I just wish it was me leading them.

standingsz.jpg

FIFA Confederations Cup - Croatia ended up winning the 3rd Place match, but it wasn't enough for the Board who wanted to make the Finals.

Friendlies - Only had two. The German match ended up being my downfall.

Harsh sacking, it was always unlikely that you were going to emulate your predecessor, but I thought they would have let you have a go at the World Cup at least.

Things looking good at Racing though, a pliant board is a very useful at any club :thup:

Archived