Starting FM2011 in May 2011, how DO you do it? Threads on this have disapeared, any help?

CMdan44

So, I've seen threads about starting the game towards the end of what would traditionally be season one but they've disappeared before I actually got to read them. Does anyone know how it's done. I'm assuming it's a matter of creating a nation with a specific update day, but I'd like some guidance. Hoping it's not the advanced editor, I can never get that to work :o ;)

I did see that thread but I was wondering how to do it for myself rather than use a downloaded db. I've made my own updates and don't want to risk a clash with that file, so I was hoping to make a file for myself. There were two threads on here before about how to do it but I can't find 'em

I'll have a mess around with the normal editor and see what happens, I'll PM him if I'm having trouble, or just use the existing league that loads in February, Sweden or whatever it is.

Thanks for the help anyway

UPDATE: Managed to get it to work. If anyone finds this through a search and wants the answer, PM me, I'm on every coupla days, so I'll get back to you quickish

If you have a look at that file with the Advanced Rules downloaded and installed, you'll find that there are two sections of the file that determine when the game starts - the Nation section for Cook Islands and also the competition (which I just added to ensure the game wouldn't crash at some point in the future). It is the Nation section that determines when the game starts - by assigning a pre-season date you can determine when the game starts when you load up that league.

Thanks, Magic. I managed to acheive the same effect with the standard editor and Bhutan. I would have used the advanced editor but my download for it doesn't work :(

No worries, there's very little I want that can't be acheived with the standard editor, anyway.

Archived