[Discussion Thread] What are your plans for FM12?

crouchaldinho

In the past years, I usually start with Braintree in the BSS and take them to the Premiership in a first save in order to learn the new mechanics of the game. After that, I go for journeyman and just see where the game takes me. But this year, since Braintree got promoted in real life to the BSP, I'll probably try my hand at a different BSN or BSS team. Also, now that my Vancouver Whitecaps should be in the game (finally! :) ) , I will be definitely having a save with them, or at least playing them as part of a journeyman save.

I've yet to try the demo, but will do this week. Read the list of new features and I'm looking forward to being able to add and remove leagues, instead of being stuck with the initial game setup selection. I will likely do my usual - start at the lowest playable level in England, and then try to take the team to the Premier League. Tried it in FM11, but work got in the way and didn't get to play much.

Strangely, the idea of taking Northampton Town to the Premier League keeps popping into my head...

I'm worried about the adding/removing leagues feature. It might just by past history, but waaaaay down the line I'm always going to be worried about a feature like that. That's why I'm going to load all the leagues I plan on playing in beforehand. A handful from each continent will do fine, maybe sixteen nations in total, which is more than enough for me. I'll probably risk adding a league in around 2050 when I've exhausted all my other options.

Does anyone know if you can only add in leagues from the vanilla version of the game or can downloaded leagues be included also?

I'm worried about the adding/removing leagues feature. It might just by past history, but waaaaay down the line I'm always going to be worried about a feature like that. That's why I'm going to load all the leagues I plan on playing in beforehand. A handful from each continent will do fine, maybe sixteen nations in total, which is more than enough for me. I'll probably risk adding a league in around 2050 when I've exhausted all my other options.

Does anyone know if you can only add in leagues from the vanilla version of the game or can downloaded leagues be included also?

I think I read you can only add in-box leagues.

First mission will be to carry on from where the demo has lead me and to keep Macclesfield afloat in League 2 as I'm doing quite successfully so far... 14th as of New Year's Day in the league and made 2nd round of the two cups to get some form of funds in. In the full game will my first career will be as a similar stature lower league English club and to work my way up!

I thought I read you could add custom leagues so long as you have them when the game is started.

Edit: by "have them" I mean have the changes file loaded at the start.

That's it.

So no adding custom leagues if you start playing Friday at midnight UK time. :D

Well I know I'm starting a journeyman career, and that I'm probably going to holiday the first season and start with a newly promoted BSN/S side, but as I don't know which side that'll be yet I don't think I can write the OP.

I need a good pun for a start...

My "plan" is to load several European leagues, start as an unemployed nobody and hopefully win the CL and several league titles - then remove the Euro leagues and add the South American and win their CL, then same with North America, Africa and Asia until I've won all 5 CL titles. Of course this all depends on how well the add/remove feature works which is why I've not pre-ordered yet.

I'm going to have a couple of challenges in my back hand.

First of I always start the game as AS Roma to try the game out, now I'm thinking to take that a bit further and try to make AS Roma into the best team in the world, and I'm meaning a team that dominates europe absolutely.

Some others are taking my home town team of Þór Akureyri from Iceland to a Champions League Knockout Stage, did manage to get them to the groups in FM11 but then stopped playing, I'm a real passionate supporter of the team and even played with a couple of the players when I played, we even became the U17 Icelandic Champions, also as this is a small town and such I know all the players on the team pretty well personally, so I love managing them and keeping a hold of those players.

I also want one good MLS game as i lived in the US in 2006 and 2007 and am most likely moving there in January.

Some other challenges I might do is a European Conquer, try and win the English, Italian, Spanish, German, French and Netherlands top divisions and of course the European Continental cups.

Also might end it with a journeyman game where I start as Unemployed with Sunday-League Rep. - never tried that, so this might be the game I try that.

New version of FM bought and installed.

Customisation currently taking place.

Then, on to a new FM12 career! Or two!

Hoping to be much more active in here again. I'm also hoping that FM12 will renew my love for the FM series.

First save will likely be an attempt at Daf's challenge with my favourite club St. Albans City.

Then, following that, I want to try a big journeyman save to really push my new machine to the max and to see what I can get out of it! :) I want an Iacovone style adventure but I would like maybe a little more success than him along the way! :p:D :crossfingers:

Archived