I used my FM10 tactic in FM11 so I would say yes. But as the match engine gets tweaked and more sophisticated with each new edition, I would say that what you see now from your tactic is not necessarily going to be what you see in FM12.

Still, messing around with a new shape can only be beneficial to your knowledge of the game so just go for it.

thanks. took me an age to work out how to play with a lone striker but i have it sussed now. mainly from reading a lot on these forums.

ever since my fave fm11 player moved to fulham irl i've realised that i only want one striker plus some serious creativity, shooting ability and guile in attacking midfield positions.

i know 4231 is the new 442 in england but i've never been keen, can't give a decent reason for that, either. well, partly because i have a decent DLP who is a rising star irl and needs to be incorporated which is why, i believe, i've "invented" the 41311:)

for the lone striker i realised i need someone who has a good all round game, can dribble, shoot, create, hold the ball up and i dont have anyone exisiting on the books so i brought him in and will trim my strikeforce accordingly.

i was playing one upfront as advanced forward/poacher cos that's what the exisiting man did well but he's no good in the lone striker role.

then i played the new chap as complete forward/support and also lowered his mentality. sorted. to be honest, it would only take 5 mins in the new TC to recreate this kind of formation so it's no huge problem if the import doesnt work.

oh, and googled my new striker. he didnt move in the summer, is still playing for quite an unfancied french side so i should be able to pick him up for under 10m in installments in fm12. unless PSG want him. but if they did they would have him by now.

oh, and googled my new striker. he didnt move in the summer, is still playing for quite an unfancied french side so i should be able to pick him up for under 10m in installments in fm12. unless PSG want him. but if they did they would have him by now.

could you upload your tactic please as it sounds interesting.

i have also struggled when tinkering with my tactic so would be great to see how managed it

wasn't aware of that, i played a LOT of '09. with only 3 reasonably priced purchases i had a 4411/ 4321 sorted but fancied a really decent DMC destroyer and so amended it to a 41311. took me ages to work out a way to play with one upfront but as soon as i realised it meant a new striker and playing him as complete forward/support it all slotted into place:) helps that my AMC has "gets into opposition area" as a ppm, is like having 2 strikers!

could you upload your tactic please as it sounds interesting.

i have also struggled when tinkering with my tactic so would be great to see how managed it

try this?

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zjn3d3i888tj1n

(should that have been in the "upload download" section of the forum? getting myself all confused now.

the key of course is to have the right players for this, i've got:

--complete forward/support Nolan Roux--

--attacking midfielder/attack fernando belluschi--

--advanced playmaker/attack Arouca-- --DLP/Barry Bannan-- --B2B/Fabian Delph--

the back 5 i guess you can play anyone with relevant attributes.

try this?

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zjn3d3i888tj1n

(should that have been in the "upload download" section of the forum? getting myself all confused now.

the key of course is to have the right players for this, i've got:

--complete forward/support Nolan Roux--

--attacking midfielder/attack fernando belluschi--

--advanced playmaker/attack Arouca-- --DLP/Barry Bannan-- --B2B/Fabian Delph--

the back 5 i guess you can play anyone with relevant attributes.

really appreciate you doing this as making tactics is something that i have tried and failed at many times :(

it feels like im missing something from the game itself so im trying very hard to get to grips with it in time for fm12

im midway through my 4th season with man utd. won everything possible bar season 3 where i was pipped to the title by arsenal on the last game of the season ( you can tell its a computer game :p )

i should have the right players for this tactic so shall try it right away!

( for DLP, whom would suit more. mascherano, busquets or paul pogba? )

thanks again

really appreciate you doing this as making tactics is something that i have tried and failed at many times :(

it feels like im missing something from the game itself so im trying very hard to get to grips with it in time for fm12

im midway through my 4th season with man utd. won everything possible bar season 3 where i was pipped to the title by arsenal on the last game of the season ( you can tell its a computer game :p )

thanks again

now is the time to be experimenting, a few weeks before the new game comes out.

i've tried various in the past few days. 4411, 4321, they both get a lot more goals than the 41311 but arent as solid defensively, but i can upload them too if you'd like. but for the 4321 all you need to do is move the DMC into an AMC position and it works. part of my success has been having the AMC with "gets into opposition area" as a ppm.

no, no need to sign up if you dont want to. you've pasted the links, so we can download from here....

well i hope it worked!!

if so it would be great to hear your reviews!!

i personally prefer the 441 however i understand they both need a lot of work but to hear your views would be great

well i hope it worked!!

if so it would be great to hear your reviews!!

i personally prefer the 441 however i understand they both need a lot of work but to hear your views would be great

will look at your 4411 cos i've got a 4411 too and would be interesting to compare ideas.......

( for DLP, whom would suit more. mascherano, busquets or paul pogba? )

thanks again

hi sorry just saw this message. for the DLP position you want someone reasonable defensively, as they wont bomb forward, someone with good creativity but poor dribbling/shooting etc. only you can decide which of your players fits those criteria

• 2 weeks later...
Any results with the 4-4-1-1?

i'll let you know. at the mo my RL strike partnership is working so well that i'm determined also to play with 2 strikers. but i'm still using the 4411/4231 deep. basically i'm playing 2x DMs, one a DLP. a ML, a MR then EITHER 2 strikers or a striker (complete forward/support) and an AMC.

pre-season results have been great, still yet toi get into the season proper but i'm pretty confident!

Archived