FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

I've started up with the fanous hoops today and its mostly going well. I am top of the SPL after 5 games with 17 scored and 1 against and am playing a 4-2-2-2 system with 2 wingers and 2 Central Midfield players.

Couple of additions that I really like and have helped me a lot..

1. The recommendation of the strongest role a player can play (eg Advanced Playmaker Support)- its really helping me get the best out of the team

2. The increased significance of personality as shown by the tone system when talking to players and in team meetings- I have a real struggle at times with Kayal because he is a feisty character but I like the fact that he is different from other players and responds differently to situations. It gives me a challenge to manage a squad of personalities and Im enjoying it.

On the subject of players- I find Hooper to be my most prolific striker in the poacher role and I normally stick Bangura up front with him as Trequarista (dont really know why but the system works well- he seemed all round pretty decent in terms of attributes).

I play rotate Wanyama, Kayal, Ki and Ledley in the Ball Winning Midfielder and Advanced Playmaker roles (first choice Kayal and Ki)

My only buy (due to the small number of players available) has been Jonny Hayes for £700k as I felt I needed cover on the wings for McCourt, Forrest and Commons who compete for the my 2 Winger slots (AMR and AML)

At the back I always play Kelvin Wilson as my Ball Playing Defender on the Cover with Maj or Rogne set to be my Stopper (Loovens has been sold - £875k from West Ham a good offer I thought)

Heres my setup- feedback would be nice but please remember I am a tactical novice. (I know it looks like one of the tactics in the OP but I can assure you I have tried to come up with this myself) I always set shouts to Exploit the Flanks as my wingers do a good job for me- mentality is attacking though I sometimes use control if things arent going well or the shout "work it into the box".

CelticTactics_Overview.png

Hooper has 7 in 7 games

Bangura 3 in 7 games

Stokes 2 in 6 games

Overall I have 10 different scorers so everyone contributes

Highlight of the season so far- 3-0 Away at Aberdeen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlucky one, What was your mistake?

8 games in so far so not really atleast by my standards lol, just beat a certain group of peoples who descended on Europe from the east during the 4th century :). Won it 3-1 Jelavic looks like he's going to cause some problems though, hope they sell him in January.

I played fluid instead of rigid, I've had so many injuries so far to contend with, just one my past 2 league matches 1-0 and 2-0 last one bangura got a double in lol!

been getting a fair few of them too, not really to important players other than stokes though, atleast they got the injuries realistic lol.

Has the demo cut out for you yet Slipknot?

Yep, that was one of the last news items I got before the 'thank you for playing the fm12 demo, your game will now be saved' message came up. Am going to continue the save through all the patches this year and add all the nations I usually have for the start of the second season.

Will be aiming to break the 9 in a row record and long term am going to try and beat Willie Maley for the longest serving manager record.

Yep, that was one of the last news items I got before the 'thank you for playing the fm12 demo, your game will now be saved' message came up. Am going to continue the save through all the patches this year and add all the nations I usually have for the start of the second season.

Will be aiming to break the 9 in a row record and long term am going to try and beat Willie Maley for the longest serving manager record.

Damn just spent a load on players that were coming in January bit gutted i wont be playing with em for a while.

I think I'm continuing this one too not unbeaten in 18 but quite happy with it. I'm going for the CL a few times, the league seems to win itself the way rangers finances are.

Europes looking good to qualify out the group stages! I got bnei yehuda, sevilla and birmingham!!

Beat bnei yehuda 4-1, lost 2-0 to sevilla, and destroyed birmingham 6-0!!!

Month bangura is an animal as an attacking forward, played 13 scored 22! :D, I told my team against birmingham there first half display was terrible and they scored 6 goals in the second half!!

hey guys, just wondering if you guys do a whole team talk then speak to the GK, Def, Mid & Att at every break of the game?

also, im thinking that this FM is quite realistic because it is really difficult to sign good players as I went for Andres Guardado, Cudicini & Snodgrass and they all chose better teams with more money, Snodgrass went to QPR and i thought that was crazy but really, QPR have lots of money and are in PREM so it makes sense.

Looks like this year Im going to rely heavily on my scouting network on finding little gems that no one else has.

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

hey guys, just wondering if you guys do a whole team talk then speak to the GK, Def, Mid & Att at every break of the game?

also, im thinking that this FM is quite realistic because it is really difficult to sign good players as I went for Andres Guardado, Cudicini & Snodgrass and they all chose better teams with more money, Snodgrass went to QPR and i thought that was crazy but really, QPR have lots of money and are in PREM so it makes sense.

Looks like this year Im going to rely heavily on my scouting network on finding little gems that no one else has.

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

I only use the positional or individual team talks if the player has had no reaction or a negative one in the overall talk. As for signings, it's really too early to say what the transfer system is really going to be like this time round. It's always really difficult to get any players as Celtic on the demo, due to the small database and only one active nation (there's just not that many players in the game world generally). Should find there are plenty of good bargains to be had once the full game is out and hopefully having to battle with the big boys for signatures will continue in the game once there are more leagues and nations available to us.

I agree I do the same with team talks! Nearly had a mutiny on my hands there though! I told cha he couldnt leave till the end. Of the season, and then ki stated he was unhappy with the treatment of cha, and wouldn't play under me again hahaha, so I swiftly dropped him!

good job McGougan33. Looking forward to another season of Bhoys Update's. Will start doing full updates when the full game comes out as just farting about with demo just now, have signed a few players, bought darren randolph from motherwell and johnny russell from dundee utd. Liking a few wee touches in the game including the fact it comes up when the player is injured and gives you the chance to quick sub him. Don't know why they got baba coming in during the jan transfer window, just hope you can fix that via gthe editor during the full game..

Good advice in this thread so far. I'm wondering if anyone's tried using a narrow diamond in midfield? The team's pretty weak on the wings but strong in central midfield and for domestic games I'd prefer to have 2 up front. I know that leaves Forrest a little under-utilised but I think he may retrain well to an AMC (I thnk he's rated as Awkward in that position at the start). I notice we seem to have versatile options at fullback with an attacking and more defensive player for each side which may help to provide width in the narrow formation.

I had a lot of success with the diamond in 2010 but didn't use it last year. Maybe it's time for a return. I'll test it and see how it goes.

Larsson my old friend how are we? Hows married life treating u?

Peta Good to see you again buddy, im looking forward to hopefully having a busy thread this year lads, lets make it happen.

Aldom I shall have a look mate, murry parks quite difficult to get a photo of due to the trees etc overhanding the gate, and the gate sitting quite far in, its quite hard to photograph

Mike Diamond could be an option, however play Scott Brown at AMC and retrain Forrest as a ST and get rid of Samo!

Just going to update the records atm, any other ideas lads?

Alright Bhoys and Ghirls! Got the demo downloaded and will start my Celtic save asap and report back. Just had a quick goosey gander at the squad though and it seems like alot of the player have very good stats. I reckon you'd easily be able to do well without signing anyone off the bat. We'll see.

Also, whats with Baba getting signed in January?

9 days to go until the real thing- I cant bring myself to continue with the demo Celtic save as I think Im treating it too seriously even though Im going to start over on Day 1.

I will be back and may try my hand at showing how I get on (I'm a rubbish tactician by the way so it may make folks feel a bit better) to support the thread this year.We have to beat Them at something this year because IRL itisnt looking too good :(

Archived