FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completed the demo unbeaten in all competitions, the only players I added to the the squad where Tshabalala, Carlos Diogo, Templeton and Tom Cairney (Cairney featured in my match day squads rarely). To get them was a struggle, I got rid of Stokes, Loovens, Maj, cha and Zaluska. I played a 442 attacking formation most of the time.

Just downloaded the demo and started the game up went to see who was available on a free and there was not alot there to pick from.Going to be a hard first season trying to improve

certain areas on limited funds though I am sure there are a few gems to be found before next week when the full game comes out.

I will be going for a 4-5-1 to start with as the midfield that Celtic have looks key to winning games in FM.I will probably be looking towards youth mostly and trying to get good young players in who can come into the team straight away.

For me will be a CB , LW and possibly and AMC/ST who has pace and dribbling ability.

Hoping to get my tactic running sweet before Friday.

Well I started a Celtic save a few days ago. Started terribly - won 3, lost 3, drew 2. I was going with my favoured 4-5-1 from previous FM games but it just wasn't working. My strikers wasn't scoring and the inside forwards weren't doing enough. My top scorer was Rogne from set pieces. So after getting soundly thrashed I done what any calm level headed person would....

I started another save and gave the team and tactic much more thought.

Sold Loovens, Brown, Ledley, Samaras and Zaluska for a combined 8.5m.

Brought in Johnny Russell (£750k), Grant Hanley on loan, Jamie Murphy (£1.5m), Tom Cairney (£1.9m), David Templeton (£1.9m), Darren Randolph (£950k), James McFadden (Free).

Started playing a 4-4-2 and it has been a revelation 7 league games 7 wins, goals for 19, goals conceded 3. I just beat Rangers 3-2 at Ibrox so I only conceded one goal in the previous 6 games

Bangura has 9 games (7 starts), 5 goals and 4 assists 3 MOM,

Hooper 6 games (5 starts), 5 goals,

Stokes 7 games (6 starts), 3 goals 4 assists

Hooper is out for 2 months just now but Johnny Russell has pitched in with 3 in 4 and Commons has 2 in 4 so my Wingers/midfielders are pitching in with goals

Heres the team

teamkmp.jpg

Still can not get a screenshot tried the alt f9 option but that is not producing anything either.I am sure I had this problem last season also.

Well trying to get thiago in from Barcelona on a season long loan.Also need to reshape my coaching staff.

Am I right in thinking that when buying the new game you can load in extra nations during a save game.So if I restart my load game I could add in extra nations at any point?.

Still can not get a screenshot tried the alt f9 option but that is not producing anything either.I am sure I had this problem last season also.

Well trying to get thiago in from Barcelona on a season long loan.Also need to reshape my coaching staff.

Am I right in thinking that when buying the new game you can load in extra nations during a save game.So if I restart my load game I could add in extra nations at any point?.

You can add new leagues any time you like but they wont become active until the start of that nations next league season.

Dont know if anyones mentioned it or if this is slightly Off Topic but I just read someone on twitter state that Sega approached Celtic to do a Celtic edition of Football Manager 2012 and that they didnt respond. Can you imagine what that might have had in it?

My bet is a nice Celtic skin (the 1967 Lisbon Lions or something like that) and a free complementary ticket for KFC courtesy of Kris Commons thrown in...

Just finished my save as Celtic in the demo, went not too bad so I'll review what happened.

Started off by making these transfers in and out. Regret selling Ki 'cause he looks good but got a decent price.

Jan VGoH never really got that much a chance to play because of my inform strikers.

Thiago played a bit better chipping in some goals and assists and was my primary playmaker.

I decided to go with this formation and lineup when the players were available.

Matthews stepped up when Cha Du-Ri and Wilson were injured and never left the team after some great performances.

Commons and Ledley switched on the left alot with Commons sometimes slotting into AM as an IF(A).

Overall I think it is a very good tactic, both defensively and attacking. I played it with a fluid philosophy and an attack minded strategy.

Had a shaky start to the season after the friendlys but ended on a high. Fixtures here and here.

Sadly I finished 2nd in the league behind Rangers, although if it was a full season I know I would have won the league. ;)

Here are the over all team stats and player stats for the league.

The Euro Cup is where I blossomed and finished top of the group only losing one game to our real life opponents Atletico.

My three top goal scorers were Hooper - 19, Bangura - 14 and Rogne - 8.

Alot of other players chipping in with goals and this is how they ended up(in order of ratings).

To sum up, it was a very enjoyable FM12 demo experience. Loving the new GUI look. Will start a new game when I get the full game so I can have a large database as I found it quite difficult to find anyone decent to sign. Can't wait to get the League Trophy back to its rightful place in Paradise and put fat Sally in her place. ;) Maybe even lift the big cup again!!

Bb - 4-2-4 is what I use for celtic aswell, seems to suit well :)

Kirkham - good to see you back mate, I finished second on my first trial of the demo, however after tinkering with defending corners and freekicks, I started again, and romped the league, 12 points clear, and top of my europa league group.

So how much wages did you free up? And did you get any good replacements in?

well Brown & Ledley were on 25k, Samaras 10k? Wilson 10k? McCourt i can't remember, Loovens 8k and zaluksa bugger all

i only brought 4 people in Snodgrass for £2.7M, Pogba (loan) & Dixon & Waton from Dundee Utd (£1.4M Total)

finished my demo as celtic and will admit i enjoyed it thoroughly as the tactic i created seemed to suit the team very well...

Notable results

7-1 Vs St.Mirren (away)

7-2 Vs Hearts (away)

7-0 Vs Hearts (home)

5-0 Vs Hibs (away)

and maybe more 4 goal results

Hooper was amazing with 36 goals in total and Commons was a revelation with 16 goals and 16 assists... great fun was had

Archived