FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

START OF 2ND SEASON UPDATE

Time for my defence of the SPL and have not done many transfers, plan to bring through the youth that is coming up quite good. Rangers have allready spent £10.5 Million on players but am confident that i can win again this season. Here is my transfers:

season2fm12transfers.jpg

Also have this player coming through and he's looking good allready, has bolton chasing him and have knocked back a £500k bid from them allready, hoping for good things....

mccormack.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needs work, but could be a very good poacher!

he's had a good wee off season, came on off subs bench and was banging in goals, gave him a start and he scored one so fingers crossed for the season :D

I'll be dammed he accepted 42k a week after the window closed:

SteffBrowningNews_Inbox.png

Oh dear, good luck with him, I signed him on a free in last years game and he single handedly destroyed morale in my squad, couldn't get rid quick enough and wouldn't sign him again if he came free with a £1 million cheque thrown in.

In other news, finally, at long last, after 4 long seasons of disappointment in Ibrox games we actually managed to win one.

RangersvCelticInformation_Overview.png

First season league table.

2011-10-30_00001.jpg

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/Mullen_cfc1/FM/2011-10-30_00001.jpg

Bangura scoring 56 goals in 54 appearances (7 as a sub) overall and won 11 MOTM awards in the league.

2011-10-30_00002.jpg

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/Mullen_cfc1/FM/2011-10-30_00002.jpg

In the second season, Sanogo and bangura up front together is a deadly alliance, thrilled with their efforts so far.

I managed to get us into the first knockout round of the Europa this season and despite this result in the first leg I had a bad feeling about the away leg, our defence has been ropey all season and has been far to reliant on Carizzo.

CelticvPalermoInformation_Overview.png

Sure enough the first 80 minutes of the away leg were a horror show. Gave the lads the 'hair-dryer' at half time and a 2-6-2 formation at the end, with advanced left and right mids playing as IF attack, making it effectively a 2-4-4 and this was the result.

PalermovCelticInformation_Overview.png

So we're through 5-4 on aggregate but boy did we get lucky in that 2nd leg.:D

What formation are you using mate? 4-4-2 doesnt seem to be working for me at all :(

4-2-3-1 rigid control.

I change the inside forwards from attack to support duty and the fullbacks the same for away games. Passing is short at the start of the season, then direct from around January as pitches and the weather deteriorate closing down and tackling set to stand off and cautious, then if we go in front I switch to more pressing and hard tackling. Width depth and tempo are all default.

Sanogo absolutely loves playing up front on his own as a poacher.

4-2-3-1 rigid control.

I change the inside forwards from attack to support duty and the fullbacks the same for away games. Passing is short at the start of the season, then direct from around January as pitches and the weather deteriorate closing down and tackling set to stand off and cautious, then if we go in front I switch to more pressing and hard tackling. Width depth and tempo are all default.

Sanogo absolutely loves playing up front on his own as a poacher.

Cheers mate, i'll give it ago + post the outcome!

Cheers mate, i'll give it ago + post the outcome!

If you want to give my exact tactic a go I can upload it to filefont and post the link here so you won't have to fiddle around with the settings at all?

Here's the link...http://www.gamefront.com/files/20944383/Martin+O'Neill+(Celtic%2C+Aug+2014).tac

Btw if your wondering about the tactic name it started out as a 3-5-2. :)

Thanks bud, i'll post the outcome!

Nice one. It may be worth having a look at the defensive settings btw, it seems to be a great tactic going forward but we concede too many goals with it for my liking, not sure if it's a flaw in the tactic or just my rubbish cb's.

I found a good screenie tonight also :D, 3 years running we've made It to the first knockout round in europe, 1x europa, 2xchamps, arguably, both times having no right to qualify in the cl, however my lads seem to thrive on upsetting the big boys in the group :eek:

Tuck having a few drinks tonight, so probably won't be near a comp 2morrow, so I shall update your record on tuesday

Archived