FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just landed Danny Wellbeck on a free:D. Man Utd released him last season and he'd had trials with Villarreal and Aston Villa but never signed on with either of them. Their loss is most definately my gain, he's straight into my first team at right wing.

Him, Erdinc and Sanogo are gonna be unstoppable.

you going to do a mo-jo slipknot67 lol now that would be the killer of scottish football if i ever seen it lol bet they go for scumbag though(souness) either that keep fat sally lol depends on there cash suppose :D

That is quite simply ridiculous :D,

Do me a favour mate, tell me the european records in the thread, and what the results are, I destroyed linfield 8-0 away with my new tactic, and I want to see if that's any sort of record!

I would do it myself, but I'm on my phone now :(

That is quite simply ridiculous :D,

Do me a favour mate, tell me the european records in the thread, and what the results are, I destroyed linfield 8-0 away with my new tactic, and I want to see if that's any sort of record!

I would do it myself, but I'm on my phone now :(

Biggest win in Europe - 7-0. Biggest aggregate win 13-0.

you going to do a mo-jo slipknot67 lol now that would be the killer of scottish football if i ever seen it lol bet they go for scumbag though(souness) either that keep fat sally lol depends on there cash suppose :D

More chance of me doing the London marathon in my birthday suit than doing a 'mo-jo' tbh:).

Coisty should defo be getting the boot soon though, they just lost Goodwillie (their top scorer this season) for the rest of the season with an injury and they're 7 points behind me in the league (which they've won once in 5 years).

That happened against the spanish team this season aswell!

Were utterly pathetic atm!

However on a good note, I've scored 20 goals in the champions league in 3 games with my new tactic :D

Nice one. We're 2-1 up now btw, thank god for Stokesy, scored the 2 of them.

25 goals in 4 games is pretty damn impressive, only conceeded 1, but that was due to a defensive **** up, as both my cb's are young!

Awesome, are we dominating?

Ended the first half fairly well, Forrest and Stokes have been the only real class in the team....as usual these days. Will probably be watching the 2nd half from behind the couch tbh, they look dangerous every time they get anywhere near our defence.

Ended the first half fairly well, Forrest and Stokes have been the only real class in the team....as usual these days. Will probably be watching the 2nd half from behind the couch tbh, they look dangerous every time they get anywhere near our defence.

3-1 in the Rennes game now, Hooper on as a sub to bag the third, around 10 minutes left, we better hold on to this now!!

Edit -- Rennes down to ten men.:D

Final score 3-1. I guess that's Lenny's job safe at least until we play Motherwell.

We just got our ass handed to us away in Europe again. Thought we had a real good chance of causing an upset after a great 2-1 at home to Dortmund but were completely outplayed and lost 3-1 away. Need to figure out how to get my team defending properly away in Europe.

Just about to start my third season. Been having doubts about my formation but think ill stick with it, has done me well so far. Only first team signing has been Ryan Nelson for some experience at the back and Sanogo on loan. Sold Stokes for 500k.

One of the most exciting young talents I have come across in quite some time will be arriving in the summer for £400k.

Fellow Bhoys meet Danijel Somoci

DanijelSomociOverview_Profile.png

Anyone got any advice on how I should be looking to develop him?

Three new records.

recordtransfer.jpg

Single highest transfer fee received heres the link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/recordtransfer.jpg/

recordfees.jpg

Highest transfers received over a season link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/recordfees.jpg/

Most spent over a season

mostspent.jpg

Link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/mostspent.jpg/

It's been a season of wheeling and dealing.

My youth system is fit to burst but I hopefully in 5 years i'll be raking it in so I see it as an investment

Started with Celtic (my first Celtic save since I started playing CM or FM in 1993) after seeing them play Rennes in the the Europa League.

In:

Mbaye Niang (6.25M in installments, 4.5* potential according to my scouts)

Lucas Andersen (625k)

Politevich (180k, no WP, out on loan)

Danny Wilson (loan)

Frederik Moller (Danish teenager, DCL, 350k)

Helguson (loan, QPR)

Future: Carlos Fierro (1.3M, joins summer 2012)

Out:

Ki Sung-Yong (3M, Heerenveen)

Slane 210k

Rogne 1.9M

Loovens 750k

Started OK with 2 wins and a draw (away to Aberdeen) in the league.

Started with Celtic (my first Celtic save since I started playing CM or FM in 1993) after seeing them play Rennes in the the Europa League.

In:

Mbaye Niang (6.25M in installments, 4.5* potential according to my scouts)

Lucas Andersen (625k)

Politevich (180k, no WP, out on loan)

Danny Wilson (loan)

Frederik Moller (Danish teenager, DCL, 350k)

Helguson (loan, QPR)

Future: Carlos Fierro (1.3M, joins summer 2012)

Out:

Ki Sung-Yong (3M, Heerenveen)

Slane 210k

Rogne 1.9M

Loovens 750k

Started OK with 2 wins and a draw (away to Aberdeen) in the league.

Some nice players in there, Niang looks immense in my save, you should shortlist Sanogo in case his contract runs down at Auxerre as it usually does in most peoples saves. Niang and Sanogo in the SPL would be completely devastating to opposition defences.:)

All records added and updated, except mine, since my damn internet is playing up :(

You missed biggest win in a domestic cup game with my 11-0 screeny further up the page.`

Edit...a just noticed you've got it down as the biggest league win.:confused:. It's also the highest scoring game btw.

Do you think i should reduce my cm`s long shots to rarely as i feel as though there wasting too many chances! However im worried they ill dilly dally on the ball to much, and end up losing it

The first thing I do on every save in tactics is put the whole team on long shots rarely. It takes a bit of time to click but now every month in Board updates I keep getting the line 'the fans are particularly pleased with the entertaining football on show recently'.

Ahh i see, im going to do it then, my team are ripping the opposition apart, however thats frustrating me, and i wonder if i would get more goals that way!

It's maybe something I wouldn't recommend doing if your just starting a save since our midfield at the start aren't the greatest passers of a ball ever but since your a few seasons in you'll have decent passers in there I'm guessing and your match prep fluidity levels should be pretty high by now, which I think plays a big part in getting your players to cut out the tendency to fire from distance since they all have a better understanding with each other, so the man on the ball shouldn't really be left with no option other than a long range effort.

Yeh i agree, not at the start, however im now into my 4th season, my new tactic the one thats similar to yours is on fire, and i want to tweak it ever so slightly to create more chances!

My match preps are full, and i have maximum fluidity with all 3 of my tactics!

It's a complete joke, I've just been offered a right back and a midfielder at 7million each, I've still yet to receive a transfer budget over £1 million (going into my 6th season) and we're £5.3 million in the red on the 24th of June despite having done the league and Scottish cup double (and winning 4 SPL titles out of 5), getting to the league cup final, getting to the first knockout round of the Europa league and having a >70,000 seater stadium which was pretty much full every home game last season.

If it wasn't for some amazing free transfers I think I'd be struggling to stay top 6 in the league every year and it just seems to get worse the further into a save you get, we're bleeding money all over the place and I'm constantly battling to keep my players and staff due to not being able to offer them decent contract renewals.

Archived