FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

@McGougan33

so close to beating your...

Biggest points difference at the end of one season

but Hearts had a long winning streak at the end of the season (even cheered for Rangers in the 2nd last game of the season, but they managed to loose at Ibrox to Hearts)

so had to settle for a 39 point difference - 108-69

Rangers finished at 4th with a negative goal difference *lol*

---

Won the league without loosing any games (3 draws)

League cup were won on penalties (2-2 result) against Dun Utd (16 year old Nicky Lamberty scored both for us + 1 penalty)

Scottish cup were won 1-0 against Hearts

Won the group stages in the CL but were paired with eventually CL winners Real Madrid in the first knock out stage after Xmas (2nd year that I have been up against a CL finalist in the first knock out stage even though having won the group stage, maybe I should settle for 2nd place in the group next year)

---

Going to offload some of my high earners (Hoilett, Corluka and Ricardo Rodriquez etc) to cut down the wages, free up some money, and free up some spaces so my youth players can get some extra playing time

ter Stegen have two years left on his contract but keeps demanding a £4m release clause for foreign clubs to sign up a new contract, I have a really promising young keeper as back up who are ready for first team football, but I'm still hoping that I can get ter Stegen to sign a new contract with me

Got myself a Major League Soccer club (Vancouver Whitecaps) as feeder club, so hopefully that will add to my earnings

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got myself a Major League Soccer club (Vancouver Whitecaps) as feeder club, so hopefully that will add to my earnings

Lucky you. I keep asking and asking for a new feeder club, so I have more options on where to send players on loan, but the board keeps telling me they've been unable to find anything.... then, at the beginning of my 2nd season, they announce that we're now a feeder club for Chelsea! Lucky me........

Got the end of the summer transfer window in 2015

Used the summer to clear out most of the high earners, and now got a whopping £93m in the bank :D

Albin Ekdal (£14,25m to Bayern Munich) Corluka (£14,75m to Liverpool) Baskim Kadrii (£14,75m to Dortmund) and Hoilett (£10m to Villa) were to players that rank in most of the money - £82m in total were sold, with £28m spend on players

Team as it is (*=being a newgen) (Starting clubs for IRL player in(...) )

GK) ter Stegen (Gladbach)

DR) Roche*

DC) Flores*

DC) Cosic (CSKA/Red Star on loan)

DL) Kolodziejczak (Lyon)

MC) Diallo*

MC) Brown (Celtic)

AMR) Forrest (Celtic)

AML) Barg*

FC) Hooper (Celtic)

FC) Fletcher (Wolves)

As I said earlier, I got my self a MLS feeder club, I also got stadium expandion on 11k, and the youth facilities are being upgraded again

My Celtic legend to be Nicky Lamberty are being linked with £50m transfers already despite just turning 17 years and only fixtured in a few matches, this year he is going to play in every cup game and some of the easier league games

nickyba.jpg

Just managed to sign Gotze in January of 2014! Unfortunately it's a regen called Philip Gotze, not Mario. On the birght side, he's 17, is already a 2.5* player and has 5* potential and I got him for minimal compensation.

How are people doing in Europe after a few seasons? I'm now 3rd seeds in my 2nd year back in the CL and I've got beyond the knockout stages each year so I'm hoping either next year or the year after I'll be 2nd seeds to get an easier draw. It's getting harder to hold onto my players now though and I'm starting to rely on my conveyor belt of youth since teams are now hovering around pretty much my entire first team squad.

I tried 3 strikers briefly in this game and also in FM2011 with Celtic. The problem is that pretty much any formation works in the SPL because after a while you'll have such a superior team tactics and formations almost become irrelevant. 3 strikers gets lots of goals for sure. Why's it a problem? Playing 3 strikers in Europe is, in my experience, very difficult especially against the big teams. Sure, you can change to a different formation in Europe but I generally get much better results playing the same or similar formations in the SPL and Europe.

I used a Treqaurtista, Poacher and DLF when I played 3 up front and it worked quite well but it wasn't really any more effective than using AML/R as Inside Forwards or playing a 4-3-2-1 and it had the disadvantage of being pretty inflexible.

game crashed, won the CL again, this time on penalties over Man City

I have reached a point in the game where the players I want to make my team stronger costs between £17,75m and £36,5m, it takes the fun out of the game a bit, as I would never recoup that kind of money, if the players were sold on

Ok Hey felllow bhoys....hope we are all good :) wee update on my Celtic Season....

Here is My Current League Standings:

8thfeb2016.jpg

As you can see rangers are struggling down in 6th place. Suprised they still have Fat Sally as there manager after all this time, Not won the league in 5 years and have only bought free transfers this season including Frank Lampard who has been total pants lol. They have also recouped £8 mill in transfers but seems ally has had nowt to spend.

Crashed out of the League Cup to rangers who have since went into the final against Hibs, Got my revenge in the last Old Firm match when i humped them 6-0 with boselli getting 4.

The future of the side is looking quite good with some great players coming through and allready featuring in the first team will post two in this post and another 3 in the next.....

futureoftheteam5.jpg

futureoftheteam4.jpg

@petauk

Hunter seems like a player that could turn out really good for you, put him on a good winger training and specialize in dribbling (high - 15%) in a year or two, and he should become a first team player in a few years

yeah planning to dkb mate, he's had a good few games in the first team as a sub here and there and a run out in a cup game where he scored. So fingers crossed :D

@McGougan33 or others

is it ok to count Euro Supercup and World Club Championship goals as Most goals scored in Europe, They will be put under into the record "Continental statistics" which the screen shoot in the records post on the first page refers to

I've Niang scoring 15 goals in 7 matches (1 Euro Supercup and 6 group matches) not that he scored in my 1-0 win in the Euro Supercup against Genoa, but I have a feeling that he might pop in one or two in the World Club Championships, which is up in the next couple of weeks in my game

@McGougan33 - IF not, do you then want the screen of his full season record, and then separate screens of the the matches in the other competitions, so they can be taken away from the total number of goals?

@McGougan33 or others

is it ok to count Euro Supercup and World Club Championship goals as Most goals scored in Europe, They will be put under into the record "Continental statistics" which the screen shoot in the records post on the first page refers to

I've Niang scoring 15 goals in 7 matches (1 Euro Supercup and 6 group matches) not that he scored in my 1-0 win in the Euro Supercup against Genoa, but I have a feeling that he might pop in one or two in the World Club Championships, which is up in the next couple of weeks in my game

@McGougan33 - IF not, do you then want the screen of his full season record, and then separate screens of the the matches in the other competitions, so they can be taken away from the total number of goals?

hmm doesn't matter this season, he is out injured for 3 weeks now :-(

but a statement on if the goals count or not, would be nice :-)

All records updated, going to start my 12.3 save today and i shall be back later on with incomings and outgoings and such like :thup:

Nice to have you back mate :D

with you complaining about taking monthly looses, then just to make you feel like you didn't have a tough time before the last update, I just had a £9m+ withdrawn on my bank account in February 2017

might have to sell a couple of my stars in the summer to balance the book again, was up having close to £100m in the bank account in 2015, which is down to £30m now

I started a new career due to the patch, it is a lot more difficult to get anyone decent, I only managed to get Bressan, Tom Cairney, Chris Gunter, Caruzzo, Petrucci and Mouche. Have

cleared out Brown, Ki, Wilson etc. One issue is Hooper clearly cant handle lone striker so he hasnt scored in 5 games, which is a pisser. Cheered me up seeing Rangers bankrupt though,

will report back

Nice to have you back mate :D

with you complaining about taking monthly looses, then just to make you feel like you didn't have a tough time before the last update, I just had a £9m+ withdrawn on my bank account in February 2017

might have to sell a couple of my stars in the summer to balance the book again, was up having close to £100m in the bank account in 2015, which is down to £30m now

Thats horrific! In this new patch im losing 2 mil a month atm, however thats with no european football, i will keep and eye on it when i am in europe!

I started a new career due to the patch, it is a lot more difficult to get anyone decent, I only managed to get Bressan, Tom Cairney, Chris Gunter, Caruzzo, Petrucci and Mouche. Have

cleared out Brown, Ki, Wilson etc. One issue is Hooper clearly cant handle lone striker so he hasnt scored in 5 games, which is a pisser. Cheered me up seeing Rangers bankrupt though,

will report back

Hooper is on fire for me as a lone striker! Agreed it is harder to get great players however first season only player i have brought in is Guti on a free lol!

Records updated you phenom you!

I was having a slight problem on the new patch where the AI seems to be figuring out my tactics every 3 or so games, ended up on a bad streak in november/december, losing 2 drawing 1 and smashing dundee utd 5-0 randomly!

So finished the first season with us and the huns in the Championship

I went up with Southampton and West Ham (WH beat the huns in the play off final)

Opted for a top half finish in the second season, and stretched every penny to bring together this team...

GK) Mandanda (Marseille) Turnbull (Chelsea)

DR) Azpilicueta (Marseille) Aurier (Toulouse) Cotton (Blackburn)

DL) Aldrete (Morelia) Mulgrew

DC) Rhodolfo (Sao Paulo) Dawson (WBA)

DC) Shawcross (Stoke) Rolando (Porto)

DM) Rômulo (Vasco) Addison (Derby)

MC) Rodwell (Everton) Kayal

MC) Ki - Ledley

AMR) Gaitan (Benfica) Russell (Dun Utd) Commons

AML) Lucas Moura (Sao Paulo) Forrest

SC) Martinez (Jaguares) Hooper - Sanogo (Auxerre) Stokes

(playes left footed wingers on the right and right footed wingers on the left)

In desperate need for a new left back, but hopefully Aldrete and Mulgrew will be ok, until the board makes more money available to me

Reall good team there! you know whats hilarious? by the end of the season i was -111k yet rangers were starting to afford players and their wages!

had they been taking over, or is that with Whyte as boss?

tried to make Whyte's loyalty and board likeness 100, and load up a new game with the patch, didn't go long before they were linked with a takeover, think I'll go on holly day and see if it happens, and if, then start wondering what can be done to stop they for getting out of their mess, also put in a £50m state debt (the tax money)

UPDATE TIME ONCE AGAIN!!!

Hi All, Hope were doing good. Well after another successful season(Shocker!!) its back to SPL competion time with by the looks of the 1st two games a well stronger Rankers. They have opened the purse strings a wee bit and gave Fat Sally some cash to spend. Here is there Signings:

rankers.jpg

There Key player so far this season has been Frank Lampard:

scumpard.jpg

Anyhooo enough about the scum.

Couple of good signings myself this season. Have picked up Gary Mackay Smith from leeds and Fraser Forster on a free from Sheff Utd to replace Alex Smithies who has left the club after wanting a move to a bigger club

Here is my current squad starting with Goalies...

goalkeepers.jpg

UPDATE PART3

And to finish off as i always do here are a few of the players coming thru i think will be big things at celtic :D

joemcarthur.jpg

JoseRamonGonzalezAbelenda.jpg

Joe McArthur is looking really good, Hoping for good things from him, He's allready got a number of Premiership clubs wanting him but plan to use him as Easton's replacement once he quits the game.

Jose is currently injured after 1st friendly of the season...also here's were you guys can help. Anybody got any ideas for a nickname for the bhoy. thinking of shorting his name a bit lol

One of last season's up-coming players the unforgettably named Brown Hunter is currently on loan to swindon to try and get him some more 1st team starts after last season he got a few good games and looks one for the future. Will update again come end of Jan transfer window but doubt will do any signings :D

UPDATE PART3

And to finish off as i always do here are a few of the players coming thru i think will be big things at celtic :D

Joe McArthur is looking really good, Hoping for good things from him, He's allready got a number of Premiership clubs wanting him but plan to use him as Easton's replacement once he quits the game.

Jose is currently injured after 1st friendly of the season...also here's were you guys can help. Anybody got any ideas for a nickname for the bhoy. thinking of shorting his name a bit lol

One of last season's up-coming players the unforgettably named Brown Hunter is currently on loan to swindon to try and get him some more 1st team starts after last season he got a few good games and looks one for the future. Will update again come end of Jan transfer window but doubt will do any signings :D

McArtur look very promising, congratulations with him :D

I would shorten Jose's name to Jose Gonzales, or Gonzo - you should start considering what you want to do with him, if you want to play him as a MC he should be put on a very technical training with focus on technique and dribbling, guess he should be training with your wingers, or you should start using a DMC in your tactic, and put his focus on positioning and perhaps some strenght

If you want to get the best out of him, you should change to using a DMC in your tactic - I wouldn't feel comfortable using a MC with 4 in dribling

• 3 weeks later...

First Season in on the new patch and Im finding it really tough going

Did anyone else find themselves being turned over by the likes of Hibs and Motherwell away from home?

Im playing a 4-2-3-1 and its been really hit and miss, the defence has been woeful in my opinion.

11 games in and the pack are putting up a big fight- will things improve as the tactic gels or are there more serious flaws bearing in mind the stature of player I have compared to the other teams?

First Season in on the new patch and Im finding it really tough going

Did anyone else find themselves being turned over by the likes of Hibs and Motherwell away from home?

Im playing a 4-2-3-1 and its been really hit and miss, the defence has been woeful in my opinion.

11 games in and the pack are putting up a big fight- will things improve as the tactic gels or are there more serious flaws bearing in mind the stature of player I have compared to the other teams?

can't say which tactic you are using, but I had a rather easy 1th season with the new patch, "biggest" problem were to get Rangers broken down - took 2 wins against them to get them to "crack" and loose points to other SPL teams than me, until that neither of the other teams had been able to take a points from them

Hey guys i know i said about kicking the thread back into life, but ive been so busy recently, dealing with mine and my dads finances, just got a new flat that was a bare shell and needed alot of work, so hopefully once everything is settled i can get some fm time again :D

Archived