FM Glasgow Celtic FC 2012 - Where the lord of the wings once flew in Paradise

McGougan33

Sigporsson were sold to balance the books, and because he were the one of him and Paloschi who would bring in the most money at the moment + i have just bought a really really good Scottish newgen AM(FC) who I intent to retrain so he will become a natural FC - with Sanogo bagging in goals when brought on as a reserve - it was time for one of the first team strikers to leave - Sigporsson will hopefully give me a secure year or two without going in red

somehow the club reputation is only national, despite me winning the Champions League last season (3rd season) and playing in the CL after Xmas the last two seasons

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished the first season top of the league. Conceding a 93rd minute equalizer meant celebrations were delayed for a week, but in the end we won relatively comfortably. We also managed to win the league cup after penalties against Rangers. They failed to convert any of their penalties after 1-1 AET. In the EURO cup we made it til the 2nd knockout round where we lost 7-1 aggregate against Rubin. In hindsight we should have played a lot more defensively, especially in the initial home game.

The star players were without a doubt Forrest and Samaras (Big fan of him since his Heerenveen days). Wanyama (DC), Kayal and Ledley (my main 2 out of the 4-2-4) also played superb.

Looking forward to season 2. Will be a good battle with Rangers hopefully. Squad -wise we managed to keep all relevant first team players from the first season and were happily surprised when Man City decided to send Boyata our way! I think this might very well make our defense invincible, as most goals we conceded were when we were beaten on pace. Crespo got signed as a pinch hitter and, perhaps more important, as a tutor. Macheda also joined us on loan to replace Brozek and currently negotiating to get Chamberlain on loan as well, as our right wing does not have much cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a £30m offer fra Man C for Kyle Walker (he were transferlisted when I signed him for £15m) - told them to pay up £40m but they didn't, so no new record deal from me *lol*

Guess the SPL don't need a strong Rangers

Season 12/13 january transfer window now. We were already 18 points clear before 2012 ended, although we suffered some (calculated) losses where youth was given a chance and first team needed a rest. We defeated rangers 5-0 at home, and also won the away game thanks to a magical run from Floccari, which started from inside our own half and ended with an 18-yard screamer.

Unfortunately, Ki Sung-Yueng did not want to extend his contract (despite offering 10 times what he was earning) so he had to be sold for 3,4 mil. I decided not to find any replacement as he was not a regular and I have sufficient manpower at the back to move Wanyama to midfield.

Finished last in the Champions league group phase. was 4 points clear at some point, after earning a draw against Inter and beating Panathinaikos. Then Panathinaikos did one better and beat Inter. This still meant a draw at home to Panathinaikos would suffice for 3rd spot and an extended stay in Europe. Alas, we had one of those matches where no matter what you try, you'll never hit the back of the net... so we lost and we'll have to wait until next season.

Just had a £30m offer fra Man C for Kyle Walker (he were transferlisted when I signed him for £15m) - told them to pay up £40m but they didn't, so no new record deal from me *lol*

Guess the SPL don't need a strong Rangers

finished my latest season with 14 goals against, but since I killed of Rangers, it won't count in the records

• 3 weeks later...

Just had Sanogo smash Mcgrory's record of 50 league goals in a single season and his own previously held record under my management in the records thread to boot, but it is on an edited db with sevco in d3 so probs not eligible as an official record. Here's the screeny anyway just in case anyone still has a look in here these days:D.

YayaSanogoHistory_CareerStats-6.png

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u339/slipknot261175/YayaSanogoHistory_CareerStats-6.png

I havent been on alot guys due to working commitments and college etc, so I think its only fair to say I wont be doing the Celtic Thread for this years game, I just dont have the time, does anyone fancy taking it over and I will pass my recommendation on while my name still carrys a lil bit of weight :p

• 2 weeks later...
I havent been on alot guys due to working commitments and college etc, so I think its only fair to say I wont be doing the Celtic Thread for this years game, I just dont have the time, does anyone fancy taking it over and I will pass my recommendation on while my name still carrys a lil bit of weight :p

Id be more than happy to carry it on. Funnily i was thinking about it anyway, and just thought id pop in and have a look. And glad i did as this has given me inspiration to have one last crack (had several over the last year) before the new game comes out. Hail, Hail!!! Now, do i keep Sammy? mmmhhh

Forgot to add, ill be using the latest update from LFCMarshall

Just a quick heads up about a player in FM 13 who all the regulars in here will by now be in no doubt is my favourite striker.

In last years game Auxerre would almost always let Sanogo's contract get within 6 months of expiring before offering him a new one, allowing yu to easily sign him for the Hoops if you got in there quick.

I felt sure it would be fixed in this years version that they'd move to secure his future a lot sooner as he's one of the potentially best poachers in the game....they haven't though, I just confirmed him coming in on a free at the end of the first season of the beta.

DavidOwens_Inbox-3.png

Anyone planning on doing a thread for FM13 seeing as McCougan33 can't? If not I'll do it...

Any ideas on what people would like to see on it?

I won't be doing one as I don't tend to stay active in the thread all year round, since I don't just stick to Celtic after starting with them. I always get lured away by a bigger club after a few seasons and don't have a reason to keep posting in a Celtic thread after that.

If you have the time to put one together you probably should as other regulars in here don't appear to be queueing up to start one. As for what to put in it I'd use the opening post of this one as a template and pretty much just stick with that.

Anyone planning on doing a thread for FM13 seeing as McCougan33 can't? If not I'll do it...

Any ideas on what people would like to see on it?

the one that you put up earlier seemed nice, I think that it was the zombie thing that was the problem, since it got taken down. I most likely don't have the time, and it seemed like you were doing a nice job, so it is yours for the taken ;-)

I think that it would be nice to have a title like: FM13: The Glasgow Celtic thread - 125 years of unbroken history

That would tell what we think, without being to offensive

but that is completely up to you

Archived