[FM11] Withnail's British & Irish Lions v2

withnail316

OK, I'm feeling frustrated (again). Some of you may have seen my recent 'journeyman' career thread where I found myself in Asia. I played 12 games in total, yet had TWO sackings to my name, so I decided to cut my losses and run.

I then started again in England in the BSN, yet by December 26 I was still unbeaten, with 18 wins in my 19 league games (yawn), so that's another one to quit. That made me think I need to try something different, so I'm going to touch again on an idea I had a few months back. Last time it never got off the ground as my old laptop decided to die, but I've a week off from work, so I'm going to go for it properly this time.

So here's the plan:

For the first time ever (well, second time, but you know what I mean) I'm restricting myself on what players I can buy. Only players from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Eire are eligible for this particular career. That eradicates my past knowledge in the lower leagues as most of my players arrive from France.

There are just a couple of exceptions:

In my FIRST transfer window, I can sign ONE foreign defender, ONE foreign midfielder and ONE foreign striker. However, these players MUST be under the age of 23. After August 31 2010, no more foreign players are eligible to be signed. In addition, ONE foreign player coach/ assistant manager allowed, although he MUST be replaced upon entry to the Football League. The only other time a foreign player is acceptable is either because he a) he has dual nationality, and AFTER signing for me he is called up by the foreign country OR b) he came up through my youth academy.

In this career, I must start in the BSS/BSN OR the Scottish Third Division, and then there are a couple of scenarios if I move clubs or I'm sacked. In the case of moving clubs, I have 12 months to change the squad to entirely British/Irish status, and if foreign players cannot be sold, they must either be put in the reserves or released.

If I make the PL/Championship/League One and get sacked, my next job MUST be with a small club no higher than League Two, and look to build them up again. If I get sacked in BSS/BSN/BSP or League Two, my next job may be no higher than the BSP.

As for the technical details, I'm playing 11.3 with leagues from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, ROI and France loaded. A large database with 26,000 players, and of course, a Sunday League footballer reputation.

Now I just need to pick a club...

Finally got to play for an hour or so, so I can post an update.

My scouts have been busy! I've signed my three foreign players (my only foreign players, remember), as well as about 12 others. The vast majority of them are Irish, and I'd suggest my two most impressive players are my full backs, whose images are below.

fullback1h.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

fullback2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Right, now I've got my squad sorted out, I can finally get settled in for some games!

Archived