FM12: Luton Town Thread

hjfh

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February Update

Blue Square

Darlington 1-3 Luton(Samba 22' - Adam 19' 90+3', Willmott 62')

Man of the Match - Jamil Adam 9.0

Luton 2-0 Stockport(Leguísamo 10' 32')

Man of the Match - Luis Leguísamo 8.9

Gateshead 2-2 Luton(Gate 49', Odubade 79' - Adam 9' 36')

Man of the Match - Jamil Adam 8.8

Luton 4-0 Ebbsfleet(Willmott 2', Adam 21' 34', Leduby 43')

Man of the Match - Jamil Adam 9.0

Luton 3-1 Barrow(Leduby 4', Leguísamo 63', Keane 71' - Richman 73')

Man of the Match - Luis Leguísamo 9.0

York 0-2 Luton(Oyebanjo OG 33', Quellier 58')

Man of the Match - Kalin Shtarkov 7.9

Luton 3-0 Forest Green(Leguísamo pen 12', Bittner OG 32', Adam 70')

Man of the Match - George Pilkington 8.4

The team just haven't looked like losing this season, everyone in the team playing exceptional, I was 20 points ahead half way through the season.

bluesquarebetpremierovex.png

FA Trophy

3rd Round

Luton 1-0 Lincoln(Morgan-Smith 30')

Man of the Match - Jake Howells 8.0

4th Round

Luton 5-0 Bath(Adam 13' 28' 35' 44', Leduby 88')

Man of the Match - Jamil Adam 9.8

We have drawn Newport County in the Semi Finals, we beat the 2-0 last time we met, confident of a similar win in both legs. :thup:

March Update

Blue Square

Luton 2-2 Fleetwood(Quellier 52', Kissock 67' - Clancy 83', Vieira 90+1')

Man of the Match - Guillaume Quellier 8.2

Kettering 0-4 Luton(Adam 10', Evans OG 60', Willmott 82', Leguísamo 85')

Man of the Match - Erik van der Ven 9.0

Luton 4-1 Tamworth(Quellier 22', Leguísamo 26', Adam 30', Willmott 90+3')

Man of the Match - Luis Leguísamo 8.7

Luton 2-0 Alfreton(Leguísamo 78', Quellier 84')

Man of the Match - Luis Leguísamo 8.5

Luton 4-0 Braintree(Adam 3' 48', Quellier 11', Carden 21')

Newport County 0-6 Luton(Adam 45+1' 55' 58', Leduby 62', Quellier 64', Pilkington 90+1')

Man of the Match - Jamil Adam 9.6

FA Trophy

Semi Final 1st Leg

Newport County 0-3 Luton(Adam 34', Willmott 47', Leguísamo 84')

Man of the Match - Luis Leguísamo 9.0

Semi Final 2nd Leg

Luton 7-1 Newport County(Adam 16' 29' 35' 62', Leguísamo 27' 38', Lawless 58'; Kissock 11' - Rose 67')

Man of the Match - Jamil Adam 9.8

April Update & End of Season Review

Blue Square

Hayes & Yeading 0-2 Luton(Leguísamo 2', Adam 67')

Man of the Match - Luis Leguísamo 8.5

Cambridge 0-2 Luton(Alba 8', Leguísamo pen 31'; Quellier 2')

Man of the Match - Evan Leduby 7.8

Luton 5-0 Kidderminster(Morgan-Smith 45+2', Adam 50' 64', Kissock 73' Beckwith 89')

Man of the Match - Amari Morgan-Smith 9.0

Luton 2-4 Mansfield(Bradshaw pen 51' 59' - Adam 11', Leduby 24', Leguísamo pen 72' pen 89')

Man of the Match - Luis Leguísamo 8.7

Grimsby 0-3 Luton(Leguísamo 62', Keane 68', Alba 89')

Man of the Match - George Pilkington 8.1

Table at end of Season

bluesquarebetpremierove.png

Blue Square Stats

Top Goal Scorers

1. Jamil Adam - 44

2. Magno Vieira - 36

3. Luis Leguísamo - 26

Top Assisters

1. Luis Leguísamo - 31

2. Guillaume Quellier - 22

3. Ashley Carew - 15

Top Average Ratings

1. Luis Leguísamo - 8.15

2. Jamil Adam - 7.75

3. Evan Leduby - 7.66

Blue Square Awards

Goal of the Season

1. Luis Leguísamo

2. Will Evans

3. Reece Styche

Player of the Season

Luis Leguísamo

FA Trophy

Final

Luton 3-1 Fleetwood(Willmott 32', Adam 38' 76' - Brodie 89')

Man of the Match - Jamil Adam 8.9

The Team

lutontownsquadplayers2.png

My Player of the Season

I think this, ofcourse, has to go to Luis Leguísamo. What a fantastic player he is, everything he did this season turned to gold.

My Young Player of the Season

This is going to have to be Jamil Adam's award, as with everyone else, his goal scoring is amazing. Had a few off days, but who doesn't?

Surprise Player of the Season

Robbie Willmott. His attributes don't look that good, but my God! He turned out some amazing performances. Will hope he keeps developing whilst I go up the leagues.

Objectives for next season

Well, I am hoping with some good signings I can get towards the top of the table, a Play-Off spot would be fantastic. In the Cup's I am hoping to get to the latter stages of the Johnstones Paint Trophy, and the 4th or 5th Round of the FA Cup.

Malikoi, saw your other post, have a look at Rubbo, was amazing for me, also Andy Drury is normally free or 10k from Ipswich

I agree, i got this guy on MadHatters recommendation and hes been fab for me aswell, 36 apps 16 goals 24 assists this season so far.

i feel compelled to attend them for an odd reason, im thinking i need a bit of an overhaul teamwise, alot of my players are getting unhappy cause they want wages in the 6k-7k region where i can only offer a max of 4k, and its starting to affect team morale, ive released 2 players to free up enough wages to get Loic Gagnon on 4k a week as hes one of my star players.

Aye, Luton have a high reputation on par with say charlton and the sheffield clubs, so expectations are high regardless of funds! which of course can be a double edged sword, on one hand you can lure in more talented players than lesser clubs but only on free's.

Is Osano good enough for league 2? Bit wary of his low mental attributes, and wondering if I should bring in another RB. :confused:

I got rid at end of the first season, was lucky to get darby in on a free from liverpool, Blanchard would do a good job there, also i play keano a lot there

Is Osano good enough for league 2? Bit wary of his low mental attributes, and wondering if I should bring in another RB. :confused:

He could probly do ok, atleast a decent back up and pretty versatile(can play CB/DM) id look into getting a replacement though, Seb Masoni, E.Boakye are the two i had, also played blanchard there when needed and Namaie Mendy another CB i had with good pace, keep an eye on Stephen Kelly from fulham i managed to get him at the end of the 2nd season, i think Yassin Moutaouakil might be available as well, he used to play for charlton, hes got really good physical stats and much better allround than osano

Cheers for the suggestions, Boakye looks really good, but he's worth £110k! :( I asked for him on loan, yet to see what they say. Masoni got bought this season so can't go for him, if I can't get anyone i'll use Osano again for a season. :thup:

Still haven't found a decent RB on a free that will join me.. Adam Smith(Spurs) turned me down, so I am sticking with Osano.

Pre-season Update

Transfers

In

Doyle Redmond - Barrow - £12,000 Compensation

Matthias Trenson - Free - £2,100 a week; 3 year contract

Nicolas Dieuze - Free - £1,900k a week; 1 year contract

Grégory Dufer - Sint-Truiden - £3,000 a week; 3 year contract (A bit expensive but I needed a good RW'er, hoping to sell on at end of season)

Jack Butland - Birmingham - Loan

Out

Mark Tyler - Free

Paul Carden - Free

Jonathan O'Donnell - Free

James Dance - Rotheram - Free

Godfrey Poku - Salisbury - Loan

Pre-Season Results

Arsenal 1-0 Luton(Diaby 25')

Not a bad result by any means, mostly done for the money.

Man of the Match - Thomas Vermaelen

Leeds Utd 0-4 Luton(Leduby 27' 74', Dufer 66', Cresswell OG 88')

A fantastic result by the lads, out played Leeds for 80% of the match.

Man of the Match - Evan Leduby 9.4

Next 3 games were to build confidence.

Sutton Utd 0-3 Luton(Leguísamo 10', Adam 13' 64'; van der Ven 85')

Maidenhead 0-5 Luton(Adam 17' 20' 24' 50' 84')

Man of the Match - Jamil Adam 10.0

Basingstoke 0-6 Luton(Quellier 1', Leduby 12', Willmott 20', Adam 43' 51' 63')

Man of the Match Jamil Adam - 9.6

A nice solid pre-season, with the addition of some great players. Looking forward to this!

Decided to start a new luton game, i feel i could of managed the clubs finances a damn sight better than what i did so thats one of my aims this time, also found a few more players i want to try, tried getting Leguisamo but they keep turning down the work permit appeal :(

I'm a newbie to the forum. Took control of the hatters and have got them up to League 1 and bouncing around the play-off positions in January so every chance of going up. I went up 1st season from the BSP but only after just sneaking into the play-offs (had to win the last game of the season and finished 4th), straight forward win in the semi-final followed by a penalty shoot-out win for promotion over York. Fleetwood was a monster for me, bagging 30 odd goals and I had Johnny Gorman of Wolves on loan for me playing RM (after injuries to Willmott and Kissock) and he got 10+ goals and 15+ assists.

I got rid of most of the playing staff but kept Fleetwood, Willmott, JPK, Howells, G Pilkington, Keane and a couple of others. Brought in some quality frees like Norwood (Man U), Henderson (Arsenal), Dossevi and Giles Barnes and won Lge 2 on the last game of the season. I sold my soul to the devil and got Chelsea as a parent club and managed to get Lalkovic and Clifford on loan (who were both far too good for that league).

Into League 1 and, again, got rid of a huge chunk of the playing staff. Howells and Pilkington are the only ones left from original squad, would have kept more but wage demands were unrealistic (esp. Keane the money grabbing ****). Now have mostly newgens but found I could get some high quality youngsters with apparent ease (An Ajax and Dutch U21 starlet signing for the Hatters in league 1 for example) which seems a bit far-fetched.

Welcome to the forum and the luton thread Disco :), your doing well, keep it up!:thup:

I know what you mean with Keano, hes getting sold/released as soon as possible on my current save (approaching january 1st season) 2k+wages is way above what he should be on at this level, rather get 2 players of equal caliber on 1k a week

Welcome to the forum and the luton thread Disco :), your doing well, keep it up!:thup:

I know what you mean with Keano, hes getting sold/released as soon as possible on my current save (approaching january 1st season) 2k+wages is way above what he should be on at this level, rather get 2 players of equal caliber on 1k a week

Funny how games change, im in league 1 and hes one of my lowest paid players, renewed his contract and he even took a pay cut to stay.

Been doing really well as Luton, well I was. 3 succesive promotions (playoffs in bsp, won league 2 and playoffs again in league 1). Then had a real push for promotion in first year of championship, missed out on playoffs by a couple of points, finishing 7th, also got to facup final that season with a easy run, biggest teams I played was a mid table prem, lost 6-0 to Liverpool in final though. Following season we did poor in the league, finishing mid table, got knocked out of europa league in the qualifier. Then we finished in the playoffs but lost the plot and completely bottled it. This season were one of the league favourites, finished in the playoffs, yet to play them tho. Can't get any real form over a lot of games.

As for signings I started off for the first few seasons mainly signing experienced players (although youngsters on loan from my feeder teams were very useful) But I have built a young squad now to take me forward over the next 5or6 years

Signings that have done well me have been;

Bouzanis

Eddie Johnson

McKee

Can't remember any more atm.

Managed to get quite a lot from the Kevin foley deal tho. Traded it in for over a million, possibly close to 2, don't quite remember

Anyway I shall give more details of players ect tomorrow when i can look at my game

Cmon you hatters!!

Haven't played the game in ages to be honest, got a bit bored of it so decided to leave it for a while and come back to it after Christmas. Last season I played was the first season in the Prem, which was a great season with us sneaking into Europe somehow.

Jamil was pretty spectacular, not quite the goal machine he was in the Championship but a great return none the less and recognised with an award at the end of the year.

JamilAdamOverview_Attributes-6.png

EnglishPremierDivisionAwards_AwardWinners-1.png

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to start a new game and having been Premier League side alot I thought lets have a look around and I fancy trying my hand at the lower level and building up.

So what im saying is starting with Luton what players currently at the club should i keep and what players are dead wood?

Finally who should I look to bring in and what positions?!

Started with Luton, difficult one as I find managing my favourite club harder as I'm less ruthless cause I "know" the players!

Anyway, got Thomas Cruise, Dean Bouzanis & Jamil Adam so far. Cannot keep a clean sheet though!

Anyone keep or get good performances from Beckwith, K Pilkington or O'Connor~?

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new stadium commissioned after my first season in the Premiership (and I got back-to-back promotions all the way so I guess that makes it the end of the 5th season). It was going to be called Stein Park and be a 16,000 all-seater IIRC. It was going to take two years to build and the got a loan out to cover it but I haven't really gone much further on that save so I never got to see it open, alas.

I don't think the Kenny can be expanded at all unfortunately. A shame because I love the old place. The Theatre of Broken Dreams :)

Cheers.

Just about to start a new game and having been Premier League side alot I thought lets have a look around and I fancy trying my hand at the lower level and building up.

So what im saying is starting with Luton what players currently at the club should i keep and what players are dead wood?

Finally who should I look to bring in and what positions?!

Keep Mark Tyler, Keith Keane, George Pilkington, Jake Howells, Lawless, Amari Morgan-Smith, Robbie Wilmott, John-Paul Kissock and Stuart Fleetwood for sure. There are others in the squad that are more than capable for the first season but those are the key players from the starting squad. Will Antwi and Curtis Osano are decent in-game.

Dead-wood - Colin Samuel, Shane Blackett (always injured), Paul Carden, Kevin Pilkington, Fred Murray, Aaron O'Connor (I'm hoping he gets a boost next patch though). I'd consider selling Danny Crow as although he is very decent at Conference level he is on a huge wage for his ability and is one of the few players you can get other clubs to actually pay money for.

Employ a scout ASAP and start trawling through the free agents, but definitely sign Jamil Adam :)

Oh, and remember to sell the Kevin Foley transfer clause to give you some money to play with!

Cheers.

Anyone keep or get good performances from Beckwith, K Pilkington or O'Connor~?

Beckwith did okay for me when called on but he was back-up and I let him go on a free transfer I think in January first season, might have been the summer, can't remember.

Pilkington and O'Connor, nope. Neither are up to it on FM I don't think. Hoping O'Connor gets a little boost on the new patch as he has been one of our stand-out players (not hard admittedly) over the last couple of months.

Cheers.

Beckwith did okay for me when called on but he was back-up and I let him go on a free transfer I think in January first season, might have been the summer, can't remember.

Pilkington and O'Connor, nope. Neither are up to it on FM I don't think. Hoping O'Connor gets a little boost on the new patch as he has been one of our stand-out players (not hard admittedly) over the last couple of months.

Cheers.

Just signed Jaroslaw Fojut in my second season. Getting rid of Antwi, Kovacs and Beckwith ASAP as I also have Spillane. Blackett was great for me, and Lacey looks decent. I'd want to keep the three, but they are one high wages and also just too damn slow!

EDIT: How do you get your players managing 50 games a season? When it gets Sat, Tue, Sat I have to play 2 different teams!

Just signed Jaroslaw Fojut in my second season.

Nice! Can't believe he has signed for Celtic in real life... not sure if that is a statement on how good he is or how horribly average Scottish football is! Haven't seen him in-game, is he any good?

EDIT: How do you get your players managing 50 games a season? When it gets Sat, Tue, Sat I have to play 2 different teams!

Sign as many good physios and fitness coaches as you can. I rotate the hell out of my attacking players as well, usually I make at least two subs at half-time unless it is a crunch game and always use all 3 subs by 70 minutes without fail, the only striker I've ever had capable of playing 90 minutes for pretty much a whole season was Jamil Adam but his fitness stats are crazy good. Centre backs and keepers usually recover enough to play most games for me, full-backs generally need swapping out every few matches though and CMs need rotating too.

Cheers.

Hes rated as my best defender in game. A little slow, but he's faster than Pilks, Kovacs, Antwi & Beckwith

Ah ok, more fitness coaches and physios increase the ability to play more games? Will get on some more now

Well better fitness coaches (and more of them) = better fitness training so it should boost your player's stamina. My understanding of physios is that the more you have (and better they are) the faster your player's recovery time is and the less likely they are to pick up injuries. Usually you can convince the board to allow you 3 physios at the start of the first season... look for Steve Whitehall (think that's his name), excellent unattached physio for incredibly low wage demands compared to others of his calibre (if I remember rightly he has 18/19 in all the key physio attributes but will accept around £400 per week).

Cheers.

Into league 2 and doing well.

Signed - Fojut, Spillane, Ellis Plummer, Sead Hajrovic, Jason Talbot

Think I have to trim the wage budget, think that James Dance & Shane Blackett are not going to be good enough, but it's hard to let them go... How long did others keep them in their squads?

Jamil Adam has 8 goals in 4, Fleetwood has 4 in 4

Blackett was gone as soon as I could get rid of him for me, absolute waste of a decent wage as he only plays a handful of games a season (in real life usually at the end of the season just in time to earn a new one year contract and then miss another 8 months with a broken toe nail). Dance I like in real life but he never got much of a look in for me as I liked to have my wingers switching over so it was usually JPK, Wilmott or Amari as they can play on both wings and Dance can only play down the right.

I don't think either is good enough for a promotion challenge in League 2 though so I would get rid. Keep an eye out for Claude Gnakpa as a replacement for Dance, always gets released at the end of the first season on my games.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently in 3rd season with Luton. First two season i won the league BSP and League 2, but in 3rd season I'm currently 10 games before end of season at 4th place.

Current squad is:

GK Vid Belec

DR Kovacevic

DL P. Botelho (loan from Arsenal)

DC Veseli

DC Kenneth (sign from Dundee I think)

MR Kevin Kampl

MC Ryan Mason

MC Joe McKee (loan)

ML Fleck

SC Alibec (from Inter)

SC J. Adam

I'm playing with standard/control 4-4-2 tactic. The start of 3rd season was great but in last games we have a crysis. Especially at away games we conceded a lot, and strikers didn't exploit their chances.

So I'm hoping to gain promotion, but it will be hard.

My financial situation is not promising 2 millions in minus, so I dont not what happens, maybe some Sheikh find interest in Luton Town.

J. Adam has some problems in this season, but it's still the best scorer. In summer I coclude next signings at end of the contract: Forbes, very promising regen right midfielder from Sparta Prague and Vasko- Hungarian defender for my defence line...

Archived