Editor available for Steam Pre-Loaders?

?

Sadly not, this would be great if we could but I think it would probably defeat the object of the preload by releasing too much too soon.

Maybe one year there could be a feature for editors to get a database and editor early, post datalocking, but that might just be a pipe dream (is that the right phrase?)

The reason you can't see the editor yet is that this year it's being released as a separate "app" through Steam, which can be downloaded, of course, for free any time after release.

The reason we've done this is, by keeping it as a separate installation, it allows us to roll out updates to the editor much easier, as and when needed, without affecting the main branch of the game.

Interesting. Hopefully this will mean there editor will be a much more powerful tool. Incorporating the "hidden panels" into the editor this time?

Hard to find.

It's in Steam menu VIEW > TOOLS.

Alphabetical order - FM 2012 editor.

Mine's taking 15 mins.

Awesome, can confirm is correct. Might actually be downloaded before 12:01 so I wonder if its locked like the game, or if you needed to buy the game to use it. Not that it matters.

Archived