The Official FMRTE 2012 Thread

Jinner Jamie

Only thing one can say is, thanks to steam, for not asking the customer at all if he wants an update to be installed or not. It get some headaches when I see this. It is my computer and I dont want to have installed Software that recently changes programs on my PC.

Go offline.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only thing one can say is, thanks to steam, for not asking the customer at all if he wants an update to be installed or not. It get some headaches when I see this. It is my computer and I dont want to have installed Software that recently changes programs on my PC.

Have you tried disabling automatic updates?

Sorry for my lack of understanding, but how do i turn off automatic updates?

Open Steam, find Football Manager 2012, right click, then Properties, click on the Updates tab, then under Automatic Updates, then Do no automatically update this game.

I've done this quite a few times, but it still updates & seems to change itself to update again :mad:

I think others have had the same/similar problems, it looks like it's a steam fault, not just Football Manager.

Open Steam, find Football Manager 2012, right click, then Properties, click on the Updates tab, then under Automatic Updates, then Do no automatically update this game.

I've done this quite a few times, but it still updates & seems to change itself to update again :mad:

I think others have had the same/similar problems, it looks like it's a steam fault, not just Football Manager.

This was happening to me too. I disabled automatic updates, exited steam, went back into steam and the auto updates would be turned back on. Only solution is to play in offline mode.

SI won't let you so you can't. Only option is offline mode.

I am very annoyed with that sentence. It's NOT SI who control Steam. Its VALVE who does. So go on their forum and complain there instead of here. Otherwise you will waste your time complaining on here when the bug or whatever it is on steam go unnnoticed and in the process, you might seems as a ignorant guy who complain for fun on this forum. Go on steam's forum and complain there, simple as.

I am very annoyed with that sentence. It's NOT SI who control Steam. Its VALVE who does. So go on their forum and complain there instead of here. Otherwise you will waste your time complaining on here when the bug or whatever it is on steam go unnnoticed and in the process, you might seems as a ignorant guy who complain for fun on this forum. Go on steam's forum and complain there, simple as.

Si stopped you having the full ability to manually control installation of patches when they went with Steam, Valve if you prefer. So, I stand by what I said.

Which is already clarified up by SI's guys. They did it in order to stop piracy and try to raise the money that they deserve. I stand by what I said. If you dont like it then go and play something else. Their stance on steam will not change and it's very understandable what they are trying to do.

Which is already clarified up by SI's guys. They did it in order to stop piracy and try to raise the money that they deserve. I stand by what I said. If you dont like it then go and play something else. Their stance on steam will not change and it's very understandable what they are trying to do.

They used steam activation to avoid piracy, but not letting people control their own updates isn't to do with piracy, it's just a slight oversight.

Everybody chill, yeah? Update will be here soon, I'm sure.

Is it possible to add a B team in FMRTE? I have a German custom database that includes the Regionalliga and I was going to start a game as RB Leipzig but then I saw they don't have a B team. I assume I can't add a B team with the regular editor because the A team are already in the lowest playable league.

Is it possible to add a B team in FMRTE? I have a German custom database that includes the Regionalliga and I was going to start a game as RB Leipzig but then I saw they don't have a B team. I assume I can't add a B team with the regular editor because the A team are already in the lowest playable league.

That's beyond what a real time editor could do. Though there is a way to add a B team if you edit your affiliate link.

But why only down to tier 4? There are already a custom database that enables down to tier 5.

Thanks Alucasa. That's the thread I got the 4th tier download from. I think when I last looked the 5th tier seemed to be a bit unstable, but now reading what you and others have written it apppears to be fine so I'll use that. Is it easy to add a B team using the in-game editor? I just select a club in the 5th tier that's in the same region? I'll have to look up how to do it. And I assume you can only have players under 23? Or can they be any age?

It's best to use tier 4 club if you want to use your B team.

If you select a club in tier 5, that'd mean you will miss out your B team. And, no, it won't be easy to add a new 6th tier and add your B team. Not worth the trouble and hours really.

As for league rules for B team, it's displayed in game under your reserve squad window. As far as I recall, you can have few elder players for guidance. I think you can have 2 or 3 players who are older than 23. Rules are more strict on B teams.

I didn't think they had one. Ok when I get home I'll apply the custom league and see for myself. But I assume IF they don't, I can make a 5th tier team my B team using the in-game editor.

Edit: I looked online and it looks like RB Leipzig do have a II team but they are in the 6th tier :(

I said the in-game editor - not FMRTE.

I'll make a new thread so as not to clog up this one. Good luck with your Holstein Kiel save!

I am done with Kiel for now actually. I went on for 19 seasons which span to 2 weeks about playtime.

I am now waiting for FMRTE for 12.1 to be released and play Norway Follo FC (with custom league down to tier 6). Norway has the same reserve system as German but obviously league standard is much lower, so it will be more entertaining in UCL.

During my Kiel save, I think I had more fun with my II side than my first team, lol ... Locating good youngeters and actually develop them one by one was certainly rewarding. And it was really hard to keep my II side in 3. Liga.

Not sure. I was never a fan of being a manager for a country. The only time I've ever managed a nation was Sweden simply because I had a Sweden club managed for 20+ seasons. Basically, my Swedish national team was my 1st squad in Swedish premier league. lol

The only reasons I could think of is injury healing and perhaps adding a bunch of wonderkids to national pool.

Archived