Right Winger Dilemma

I am Benfica just a week before the end of August 2007 on original patch and Pereira has been injured for upto 2 months and I'm on the lookout for a right winger. I've had bids for Menez, Morais and Valdivia accepted. Have about £10m to spend

Has anyone got any ideas who to buy out of them three or is there anyone else I should be looking at? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

For you as Benfica I think that you should be getting Menez, a fantastic player for even the Real Madrids of the world, so he's your number one choice. If you are looking for cheaper alternatives try going in for some young Brazilians, htey usually have good technical and mental stats, usually they have good pace and acceleration aswsell.

Got Menez for £8.75m, a bit excited but curious as I've never bought hm before and heard so many rave reviews on the forums.

Can someone tell me about their experience with him and also if they have any special instructions for him to perform even better?

Thanks in advance.

I am gonna go ahead and suggest Defour. Retrain him for right MC/AMC , takes 1 month top. He is great on the wing, good crosser, great dribbler, pacey and high work rate. And he has high consistency. I am quite happy with him on every game i get him, and play him on wing most of the time. (Just make sure to tone down long shots, he only has 8 but oddly enough he can score from long shots, must be the factor of his high mental attributes, decisions and such)

Oh did i mention he costs 5 million? and you can get him even if the likes of Arsenal join the race, just make him a key player and a huge contract, no one else gives him that.

Coming towards the end of 2007 and Menez has been fantastic in the last 2 months, chipping in with his share of goals and assists.

But I now have a dilemma - my scouts have recommended Neri Cardozo to me and say he is already better than Menez and has potential to far surpass Menez's ability. Now the question is, do I go for Cardozo (£3.5m) and somehow fit Menez in the team or leave it and stick with Menez on the right midfield where I've been playing him since buying him?

Thanks in advance.

I dont think I've ever see Cardozo become half as good as Menez tbh. I'd say stick with Jeremy Menez. Saying that, I've always thought that Menez's best position in on the left wing instead of the right. So if you dont have any decent left wingers, then maybe stick Menez on the left? But then again, as Benfica you start with Di Maria, Adu and Rodriguez. If you havent sold them, then I say definitely stick with Menez on the right wing.

Archived