FMF Graphics Packs for 2011 - how to use in 2012?

KOP_007

I have 6GB worth of FMF files for 2011...can I use in 2012?

When I put them in 2012 folder, I get runtime error when I run game.

If I put normal graphics (ie png files) in the 2012 folder from previous version, these work.

So, I either need to extract the FMF files for use in 2012 or put them somwhere else?

Thanks.

What folder are you putting them in, the fmf files might work in the My Documents location, however the format of the fmf files appears to have changed for FM2012 so that may be why they aren't working, you should be able to use the FM2012 resource tool to extract the fmf and rebuild them so FM2012 can read them.

I couldn't find the FM2012 resource tool so I extracted the FMF files using the 2011 tool (which thankfully I hadn't unistalled yet).

Haven't tested yet, but am guessing these extracted images will work fine from the documents folder.

Should be good to go after a bit of extracting.

You need to download it separately through Steam. It can be found in the Tools section within Steam. To get to it do the following;

Open Steam -> Library -> All Games -> Tools -> Football Manager 2012 Resource Archiver. And then Install”.

The initial run may require to install direct X files.

Though the extracted files on there own will work fine.

Could someone give me a rough guide of how to transfer the graphics over. I tried creating a new archive with the different files (got 3 megapacks for faces, kits and logos) but that hasn't worked and they still don't show up in the game?

Could someone give me a rough guide of how to transfer the graphics over. I tried creating a new archive with the different files (got 3 megapacks for faces, kits and logos) but that hasn't worked and they still don't show up in the game?

Once you have extracted the files copy them into your user data folder for FM2012 and they should work provided you have turned off the skin cache and ticked always reload skin.

Once you have extracted the files copy them into your user data folder for FM2012 and they should work provided you have turned off the skin cache and ticked always reload skin.

Ahhh done that. Just realised that I need to use the FM2011 resource archive you mentioned above. Will do that and hopefully it will work.

If the files from FM11 are in a FMF file then use FM11 resource archiver to extract them then place the extracted files as they are in the graphics folder that you create in my docs fm directory

or if you wish create a new FMF file using FM12 resource archiver from the extracted files

If you are using an FMF file created for FM2011 you'll need to use the FM11 tool to extract the archive (a user guide on how to use the tool is included with it)

Once you have extracted the files you can either create a new archive using the FM12 tool or just copy the extracted files into your User Data Folder for FM12.

Can you only extract files individually or can you extract a whole file. Trying to do that in the FM11 resource archive and all it does is open the folder.

Think I may have found the problem. It's quite obvious and makes me look quite stupid. I haven't been trying to extract FMF files, they are PNG files. What if I create an archive in the 2011 resource archive and then extract them in the fm12 one? Will that work?

Bascially:

1. Get your FM2011 FMF file.

2. Use the resource tool that came with FM2011 to extract each of the FMF files into a folder...this will give you seperate folders with thousands of png graphic files in each (faces, logos, kits etc).

3. Simply put these folders in your Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/Graphics folder (the one found in My Documents or Documents depending on Windows version - not a program files directory).

There is no specific way you need to sort or label the folders, FM sorts them out as long as you don't change file names of the png files. I just have them seperated according to the FMF files I extracted...so faces, faces 1, faces small, kits, logos etc

Cheers Kop_007. Doing that now for the logos so hopefully that will make them work now.

Michael - my faces say they are .PNG just to the side in my documents but when I right click and go on properties they are .png files. They worked in FM11 and all I did was copy them over, any reason to why they aren't working?

Cheers Kop_007. Doing that now for the logos so hopefully that will make them work now.

Michael - my faces say they are .PNG just to the side in my documents but when I right click and go on properties they are .png files. They worked in FM11 and all I did was copy them over, any reason to why they aren't working?

If they worked in FM2011 then they should work in FM2012.

Archived