How to set up a parallel league in a nation

RazvanRat

I've been fiddling around a bit with the Ghanaian database, and one thing that's cool there is the presence of academy teams that don't take part in the major competitions, and have a maximum age set for their players, while being attached to affiliate clubs abroad etc.

I want to set up an 8-team Ghanaian Academies league in which each of these teams will play each other. But now that I have created the league and the clubs are in it, I can't work out where it should go to run alongside the Ghanaian Premier league but separate. If I put it under divisions, I can't remove it from the promotion/relegation system between premier and lower leagues, and if I put it under 'secondary competitions' I get an error that says 'the following divisions cannot have teams linking to them using both Next Division and Other Division fields'.

So what do I need to do to have this academy league running parallel to the main league system?

EDIT: okay, i worked it out, the teams can only be loaded in 'teams (secondary division)' and then it all works...

but these teams don't get players added to them to fill out the rosters when a game starts:presumably this means they won't get regens? how is it possible to ensure that a team in a secondary league gets regens?

Archived