Andrei Arshavin- You know who he is!

bharp3r

Ok so like 80% of the football manager players i did buy Andrei Arshavin!

The only problem is i signed him and cannot get a work permit. I agreed the deal because i thought i woudlve been able to get a work permit. This was in January im now in October and i have loaned him out, i keep offering new contracts and it keeps saying stuff about it cannot be completed because of the Work Permit Issue.

I have loaned him out to Samadoria(italian side cant spell it)

So how can i get a work permit or do i just have to be paitent?

:confused:

I bought him in my Sunderland save and he was never that good. Had the odd moment of brilliance but all in all he was pretty average

Just like real life then.

The EURO's have seriously made him one of the most overrated players in the world. Ok he was good but it was 3 games.

Just like real life then.

The EURO's have seriously made him one of the most overrated players in the world. Ok he was good but it was 3 games.

No, it wasn't just the euro's that made him famous. Lot's of managers were watching him before this. He had a very good season at Zenit as well.

No, it wasn't just the euro's that made him famous. Lot's of managers were watching him before this. He had a very good season at Zenit as well.

Im not saying that, all im saying is the EURO's made his price rocket to £20M+ before the EURO's you could have got him for 10Million.

Im not saying that, all im saying is the EURO's made his price rocket to £20M+ before the EURO's you could have got him for 10Million.

Yes. but i think that this is partly due to his evil agent wanting more $$. Arshavin himself regretted performing too good for the Euros which skyrocketed his price. but im sure no club will be willing to pay the asking price of 24mil. i guess that figure will drop to around 16-18mil as the transfer market closes in.

I remember signing him earlier this year in my chelsea save, he replaced lampard in my 3rd season....

done fairly well with malouda & modric either side of him and with kalou in from of him

oh yes i played him as an AM i think thats whats he is in the game

I got him for Sunderland and he was pretty good but a little inconsistent. On the other hand I had him at Shakhtar which is a weak league and he was awesome but then so are alot of players there.

How do you get the option of signing players who haven't been given work permits (as in, signing them anyway and loaning them out)?

I never seem to get that option, I just have my transfer cancelled.

You'll get that option if and only if you already have a work permit feeder club. Check you affiliated clubs to see if you have one.

(Small Off-topic) Arshavin is overrated. I say it because i see his game every week and think that he showed all what he can on EURO. Yes, he is good player, but he cannot play the best game every game. And his price is not 24 million pounds as says board of Zenit.

When ever i have had him, he does not perform that great for me, I prefer bullsicsi (sp) think he plays for olimpicos in greece or Giles barnes, which can be got for around the same amount of money £7-10M iirc.

On the WP, the only thing what worked for me when i signed sergio mota, on roatation contract, i had to offer him a new contract on Key-player.

I bought Arshavin as a back-up in my Chelsea game. Mainly because I refused to play players I have a dislike for. So Drogba, Malouda and Anelka were all instantly listed and subsequently sold. Arshavin was one of the men brought in to fill squad space. Not gave him enough of a run in the team. Done Ok. Scored the odd goal but is mainly limited to sub appearances.

I purchased Arshavin around February time of this year after he impressed me during the Uefa cup with some very good performances (though i knew of him long before that). I find that his performances can vary from game to game (as in different saves) in FM and he an be a flop or a bargain. I also get annoyed at people who say that no-one was missing him in Euros until he came in and did well as when I learnt that both him and Pogrebnyak would be out I said that Russia would really struggle. He isn't worth 20+ million considering his age and his need to be given a lot of freedom to really perform and I think he would do better going to a slightly smaller club than Barcelona or Chelsea as he would just become a squad player there, though I could see him shinning at Arsenal.

Overated to the maximum. He is 28 years old so he has been around for ages doing nothing. Played like two games in the EURO's and was good and then was terrible against Spain.

20 million Zenith asked for him get away what a load of nonsense this man could do ok at a team like Man City or something but Barcelona or even Arsenal? Bawz

Sorry this is a off the footie man rant!

Archived