Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

There was more than five over the two legs. Fabregas alone should have had at least two in the first game.

Barca are off form, and Chelsea had to play the game of thier lives to beat them. Barcelona are the best team in the world by a distance.

Heath, it works having a trade. However, at the moment, the market isn't there. Alot of people can't afford things at the moment so it's not all rosey. I do feel sorry for Ivanovic :(.

Good tradesmen always have work though.

I had a kitchen business in the UK that did well even in the midst of a recession in the 90's. I and tradesmen I work with here in Spain are as busy as ever, in the midst of the worst global economic situation since the 1930's, with Spain's economy in utter ruins. The construction industry is particularly flat and there's nearly 6m unemployed here at the moment.

Although I often feel "lucky" to be busy, as do the people I work with sometimes, it has nothing to do with "luck" though. We're good at what we do, don't rip people off and roughly 80% of our work comes from recommendations or repeat work. We never sit and wait for work or take things for granted either. We're proactive in seeking and securing contracts.

I've never been one to sit and moan about how things are, but rather, get up and look what's around... and there's always work to be found.

Well come on, they're not wrong are they!

Yes.

Who is watching Real - Bayern tonight? And more importantly Valencia - A. Madrid tomorrow? Have to record this one. :( Stupid meetings.

I will probably be flicking between the Real/Bayern game and what ever my girlfriend decides is good to watch on TV. I am watching Valencia/At.Madrid though as she is out.

I would def second the get a trade rather than go to Uni, there will always be a need for plumbers, joiners, sparkies, anything like that, my mate and his dad run their own buisness doing up bathrooms, they have to turn away work every week because they are so busy, and they are not alone in that. If i could go back to when i was 17 id have left school there and then and got a trade, no question.

If I could turn back the clock, I'd perhaps have trained as a plumber or a spark.

That said, I've always had access to very good plumbers and sparks, so never had to look at doing that side of projects myself, back in the UK or here in Spain. Good contacts and communication with other tradesmen is also important. Most of my hands-on work these days is kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms, landscaping, tiling, etc... smaller scale interior and exterior reforms. I project manage larger jobs though, so have assembled a superb team of tradesmen around my activities, along with a fantastic Spanish constructor, who I've gone into partnership with.

Basically, through good times or bad economically, if you've got the wherewithal and ambition to make a go of things, you can.

Aside from work... I'm looking forward to (hopefully!) Granada securing their Liga BBVA status this weekend at Levante, or next week at home to Espanyol. Will be a great party atmosphere in Granada when they do, just like it was for the two promotions.

It's been a fantastic few years following Granada and I'd never have dreamed they would be where they are now, a few years ago. So long as they keep running a tight ship, little by little, they should keep growing. The fan base is excellent, plus the atmosphere and support at matches is phenomenal. They've been recognised as amongst the best fans in Spain, home and away this season.

That's not a good sign Purefun... you've usually been spot on with the Spanish predictions. :(

Mind you, I got the Granada one right for the Getafe match. :) I can't see Granada winning at Levante either to be honest, but you never know. I too think we can beat Espanyol at home with the fans behind the team. Would be great to secure survival in front of the home fans.

Things have kind of fizzled out with the hot young chick. She's moving back to Barcelona soon, but it was never anything "serious" though. In the meantime though, I've been giving English lessons "plus" to a more local lass. :D

I don't think it's fair to post pictures of them on the forums without their consent. Plus, if I posted any rude ones, I'd have to ban myself... ;)

Its just what we all want anyway :D.

That's a bit harsh. Atleast i'm a tad more subtle!

Subtle? What is this word? I either like someone or I dont. I dont do this 'well he/she is alright I suppose'.

I have had just about the worst day I can remember for a long long time
Problem is its still only 3:40. **** knows what else is going to happen

Whats happened today like?

Subtle? What is this word? I either like someone or I dont. I dont do this 'well he/she is alright I suppose'.

Please don't tell me that you don't know what "subtle" is?

What happened czerpak?

I"m a caring person.

Fixed it for you.

What happened gechal?

I"m a caring person.

Thank you for your concern. My day is too boring and distressing for a mild mannerd, pleasant forum such as this.

Basically to sum it up it involved multiple bus journeys (some in the wrong direction) people trying to sell me dodgy cars, wated journeys , a hangover , and lots and lots of rain.

I'm home now having accomplished absolutely nowt, in just being out of the house ive lost out.