Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stuff heathxxx. So when you say the udinese chairman decided to invest in Granada , do you mean he forged a link between the 2 clubs, or he invested his own money in the club.

Don't the rules say one owner can only own one club?

I wonder what made him choose Granada over other clubs.

Interesting stuff heathxxx. So when you say the udinese chairman decided to invest in Granada , do you mean he forged a link between the 2 clubs, or he invested his own money in the club.

Don't the rules say one owner can only own one club?

I wonder what made him choose Granada over other clubs.

Basically Gino Pozzo cleared the club debts and as Granada are basically now a limited company, Quique Pina is president. Effectively now, Gino Pozzo is a director.

As for the rules, only in UK as far as I know. I don't think one owner can have two clubs in the same division though, plus I don't think there's any restrictions on one person or "company", investing in clubs in several countries. Take Red Bull for example.

As for "why", perhaps they saw potential. Reasonable sized city and fan base.

It must be a great time to be a fan then, doesn't seem like one of these sugar daddy takeovers, some rich mans plaything , going out and outspending everyone else to get success.

Looks like granada will be added to my list of clubs I keep an eye on next season.

Football is just great. So many stories.

Next Thursday. You'll have to live without my career updates for two weeks!

Thats ok, I go away the Friday after so when you get back from Tenerife, you will have to put up without my career updates knowing that I am still in Tenerife :D.

No Joe I didn't answer my own question. I responded to heath's comment of the Granada being the only match of importance this week-end.

No matter who is playing, I can't help but feel giddy with excitement on cup final day.

That' why last year it was weird us playing on the same day in a league. Yes we secured the title that day, but it wasn't right that we did it on cup final day.

Its not right at all having the Cup Final on when league games are on. It takes away the importance of it to me. It should be the last game of the season the week after the last league game. I love the whole build up to it and the Final of a cup seems overshadowed to me by all the run-in's that are going on in the league. That's not because its Liverpool in the Final, but the match itself doesn't feel as important when it should.

I understand why as well. Its all because of the Euro's this season and the fact the Champions League Final has been moved to a Saturday as well....something else I'm not 100% in agreement with.

I understand why as well. Its all because of the Euro's this season and the fact the Champions League Final has been moved to a Saturday as well....something else I'm not 100% in agreement with but understand why it was done.

I'm hoping today we go Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Spearing, Henderson, Gerrard, Maxi, Bellamy, Suarez.......but I think we will go Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Henderson, Spearing, Gerrard, Downing, Carroll, Suarez and if we go like that I think Chelsea will overwhelm us.