Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

HELLO

Cleon , ODLH tweeted you hey? Nice.

Boxing is just about level withfootball in terms of my favorite sport, sometimes I feel its better. There is nothing like the butterflies you get when two fighters are about to begin round 1 after months and months of build up, its just a great buzz that football cant really get to.

Boxing has many problems, mostly the fact that there are many reasons that the best don't get to fight the best, too much politics.

The lack of mainstream coverage in England is astonishing. We have Carl Froch, who over the last few years has fought a bunch of world class guys , one after another , in one of the hardest schedules ever seen by an English fighter. He then tops this off by absolutely battering one of the supposed top p4p guys in the world, amazing considering how raw he was at the start of this run. The write up in one of the papers had the same column space as a report about cycling. Cycling. Ask the average Joe, they have never heard of Carl Froch.

Now, I like getting out on my bike now and again, but man, boxing needs more support from the press.

Yeah yeah im writing again after saying I wouldn't, never mind xxx

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Things could have gone so wrong today at work. A mate, went and told the girl I liked that I was fond of her. She said don't encourage him. He said I'm not, I'm trying to encourage you to go sit on his face. Or something along those lines.

Nice friends you have..... the 'don't encourage' him bit off her is really bad though imo.

Cleon , ODLH tweeted you hey? Nice.

Boxing is just about level withfootball in terms of my favorite sport, sometimes I feel its better. There is nothing like the butterflies you get when two fighters are about to begin round 1 after months and months of build up, its just a great buzz that football cant really get to.

He did aye.

Boxing is above football for me seeing as that's how I've made a living and is my job. I was brought up around boxing :)

Boxing has many problems, mostly the fact that there are many reasons that the best don't get to fight the best, too much politics.

What you on about? 99% of the time the big fights happen. There is no politics but there are boxers who duck fights simple as. The money is there for any fight to happen, if a fight doesn't happen its either due to a boxer wanting more of the purse he's entitled to (loads do this to duck a fight) or the fight isn't that big to begin with.

Apart from Mayweather vs Manny name 1 big fight that's not happened in the last 15 years?

The lack of mainstream coverage in England is astonishing. We have Carl Froch, who over the last few years has fought a bunch of world class guys , one after another , in one of the hardest schedules ever seen by an English fighter. He then tops this off by absolutely battering one of the supposed top p4p guys in the world, amazing considering how raw he was at the start of this run. The write up in one of the papers had the same column space as a report about cycling. Cycling. Ask the average Joe, they have never heard of Carl Froch.

There is loads of coverage in England especially on SKY. As for Froch he's not fought world class after world class :D

Do you like UFC Cleon? I used to love boxing but not kept up to it like I used to, last thing I heard was probably the Haye and Chisora thing which was a while ago now.

Wouldn't surprise me SRL, got to watch out for people like that, they tried not giving my dad his bond back and he had to go to court for it, I'm sure yours won't be as complicated though. On another note Tom will be pleased to know I'm defo moving to where he lives now and becoming a student. Paid my £250 bond for my accommodation today, roll on September.

My word cleon, you are on a right wind up with that post.

It's very difficult , but I'm not going to bite I'm afraid. But...

No! I'm not going to.

Wind up? No.

I'm a boxing promoter and have been for past 10 years and the rest of my family for the best part of 30 years. So I think I know what I'm on about a little bit better than you. The fact you didn't name a fight that didn't happen when it should have only further proves this point. So I'm glad you're not posting as you don't know what you're on about clearly.

Hand the keys back in at my old house today. I can imagine them doing everything possible to try and not give me the bond back.

They can be twats :(

Do you like UFC Cleon? I used to love boxing but not kept up to it like I used to, last thing I heard was probably the Haye and Chisora thing which was a while ago now.

yeah big UFC fan. Acidburn is too.

Staying in tonight. Rock and roll. :brock:

Just listen to rock and roll and all will be ok :).

Wouldn't surprise me SRL, got to watch out for people like that, they tried not giving my dad his bond back and he had to go to court for it, I'm sure yours won't be as complicated though.

Yeah I think they will. We have made major improvements to the house from when we got it. The only thing they can actually pick up on is the fact that two of the bedrooms look a mess on the walls, but we got the house when it was in that state anyway. We decorated the rest of the house and you can tell the difference.

Owt planned for staying in or just a football and laptop night?

That, and having a ****. :brock:

(If any of you don't interpret that as a joke, you should be shot.)

Just listen to rock and roll and all will be ok :).

After the football, of course.

NorthernGooner, "pleased" isn't quite the word i'd use.

So aggressive cleon. Boxing is a noble sport, and if that's the attitude you bring to the sport, that's if you have anything to do with it for real, then you are dragging it into the gutter.

I for one, think it is you who knows nothing about the sport.

It's a shame really, there was me thinking I might be able to talk bixing with a like minded person, only to find myself being dragged into confrontation and posting utter drivel once again.

I love the sport, there are so many up and coming English fighters out there, it's just if you want to follow boxing, you have to go looking for coverage, when it should be in a par with how much football is covered. But then I guess any fan of any other minority sport would feel the same.

So aggressive cleon. Boxing is a noble sport, and if that's the attitude you bring to the sport, that's if you have anything to do with it for real, then you are dragging it into the gutter.

I for one, think it is you who knows nothing about the sport.

It's a shame really, there was me thinking I might be able to talk bixing with a like minded person, only to find myself being dragged into confrontation and posting utter drivel once again.

I love the sport, there are so many up and coming English fighters out there, it's just if you want to follow boxing, you have to go looking for coverage, when it should be in a par with how much football is covered. But then I guess any fan of any other minority sport would feel the same.

If I really do have anything to do with it? OMG I'm not even going to waste my time with someone as clueless as you.

1) You didn't come here for a discussion or thought you could have one because;

2) You said I was on the wind up.

3) When asked a question you failed to answer it 3 times

I don't have time or energy for people like you who cannot hold a discussion. For that reason I'll ignore you from now on as its a waste of my time.

Apart from Mayweather vs Manny name 1 big fight that's not happened in the last 15 years?

Klitschko.... Sorry had to be said lol! But yeah I know what you are saying

and @gechal as for Froch I would like a list of three people he fought in a row that are all world class (No Has-beens)

That, and having a ****. :brock:

(If any of you don't interpret that as a joke, you should be shot.)

After the football, of course.

NorthernGooner, "pleased" isn't quite the word i'd use.

Are you a laptop guy rather than a PC one tom? I expect you are..

Hand the keys back in at my old house today. I can imagine them doing everything possible to try and not give me the bond back.

Me and my wife are having the exact same problem right now, we are being told that the damages to the house that was present when moved in wasn't there and are blaming us. Good job we took pictures as soon as we moved in, and out so we'll see what they say to that.

Klitschko.... Sorry had to be said lol! But yeah I know what you are saying

and @gechal as for Froch I would like a list of three people he fought in a row that are all world class (No Has-beens)

Klitchko and who Haye? Well he did fight one of them and it was always a case of win the first one and face the 2nd Klitchko. But because he lost, Haye had no chance of the 2nd fight and righly so. And it will still happen after the Chisora fight.

If you lose a fight you can't expect to face the top guy next you have to earn the right.

Cleon, so do you follow the sport as a fan or are you more involved with what you do to take in all the fights that are on the box?

What British fighters do you rate? I think David Price is the real thing, I like Kevin Mitchell a lot as a boxer, but he seems like he will never live up to his potential.

Wasn't the super six tournament full of world class fighters?

And cleon, isn't losing a fight then fighting a top fight exactly what froch just did? Ward should have fought bute, being the winner of the super 6, but the runner up, froch , gets bute?

There is one big fight right there that didn't happen, because ward and bute signed with different networks I think. Politics.

Me and my wife are having the exact same problem right now, we are being told that the damages to the house that was present when moved in wasn't there and are blaming us. Good job we took pictures as soon as we moved in, and out so we'll see what they say to that.

Like I said, we're lucky in the fact that we have decorated 90% of the house so you can see the difference in quality. The rooms we didnt get round to doing look **** in all honesty.

They just look to scam you out of money!!!

Wasn't the super six tournament full of world class fighters?

And cleon, isn't losing a fight then fighting a top fight exactly what froch just did? Ward should have fought bute, being the winner of the super 6, but the runner up, froch , gets bute?

There is one big fight right there that didn't happen, because ward and bute signed with different networks I think. Politics.

No-one in the Super Six was world class.........hence why they were in it.....

Ward said he was taking a break after the Super Six's before it ended as he felt jaded, which is understandable. He did say he was looking to fight again on June the 2nd though. But 1 week later Bute signed a deal to fight Froch he even made it a 2 fight deal and in the case of a lose he would get a rematch straight away back in Canada. What is Bute supposed to do when someone is taking a break, take a year off? No he keeps fighting, hence Froch.

It's nothing to do with different networks either it doesn't really work like that in boxing.

So 1 fight hasn't happened because someone took a break........the fight will still happen.....

Like I said, we're lucky in the fact that we have decorated 90% of the house so you can see the difference in quality. The rooms we didnt get round to doing look **** in all honesty.

They just look to scam you out of money!!!

They do, they even made up ******** that the damages was part our fault because they said we moved in as guests before we got the tenancy. Good job I know my new Landlord personally so he won't **** us about.

No-one in the Super Six was world class.........hence why they were in it.....

Ward said he was taking a break after the Super Six's before it ended as he felt jaded, which is understandable. He did say he was looking to fight again on June the 2nd though. But 1 week later Bute signed a deal to fight Froch he even made it a 2 fight deal and in the case of a lose he would get a rematch straight away back in Canada. What is Bute supposed to do when someone is taking a break, take a year off? No he keeps fighting, hence Froch.

It's nothing to do with different networks either it doesn't really work like that in boxing.

So 1 fight hasn't happened because someone took a break........the fight will still happen.....

He's just being an idiot thinking he knows more than everyone else, I mean I used to fight (My gym only) but still I was doing it. (Love to do it again like just need to get fit lol)

He is only saying all this to get a reaction.

Dirrell, Kessler, Ward, Johnson and Abraham... Which of those are World Class?

They all fight at a world level, so doesn't that make them all world class?

There was also Taylor in that at the start, he had to drop and retire. Dirrel is a technically good fighter, but fights a bit like an amateur.

Ward is one of the top pound for pound fighters in the world, a fact that no one with any knowledge can dispute.

Johnson is too old now and was brought in as a replacement for Taylor , but take a look at his record, mixed it with the best for years and years, a head like granite.

Abraham had potential but got found out big time during the tourney.

Kessler is another who for me is right up there at the elite level of fighter. Heavy hands, look at his last fight on YouTube , a quite frightening one punch knockout. Looks like he is up against froch next.

So for froch to go up against all these guys, one after another, and survive, and still keep going, is an achievement that I don't think has been done before by an English fighter.

One of the best fighters we have ever had and a future hall of famer, yet most people have never heard of him.

You think bute ward will happen, even after what happened to bute in his last fight?

Ward is going up to light heavy to face Chad Dawson, which is going to be an interesting fight.

Bute is going to have a take a few years to get back on the scene I would have thought.

There was also Taylor in that at the start, he had to drop and retire. Dirrel is a technically good fighter, but fights a bit like an amateur.

Ward is one of the top pound for pound fighters in the world, a fact that no one with any knowledge can dispute.

Johnson is too old now and was brought in as a replacement for Taylor , but take a look at his record, mixed it with the best for years and years, a head like granite.

Abraham had potential but got found out big time during the tourney.

Kessler is another who for me is right up there at the elite level of fighter. Heavy hands, look at his last fight on YouTube , a quite frightening one punch knockout. Looks like he is up against froch next.

So for froch to go up against all these guys, one after another, and survive, and still keep going, is an achievement that I don't think has been done before by an English fighter.

One of the best fighters we have ever had and a future hall of famer, yet most people have never heard of him.

I said name three in a row, you just said here that only Ward and Kessler could be classed as world class.... Seeing as I live in Mansfield (Nottinghamshire) I know plenty of people who know of him and some that know him personally, I've met the fella as well. But I wouldn't say that he was up against world beaters one after another. Thing is with the other famous person that everyone knows, Ricky Hatton that is, he went against Tszyu when he was top of the pile, and faught Mayweather and Pacquiao when they was at the top as well. Froch ain't done that and probs won't.

Are you a laptop guy rather than a PC one tom? I expect you are..

Indeed i am. Though i do wonder why you would expect so?

All whilst being quite serious at the same time.

Your girlfriend needs to be concerned that you are thinking about other chaps masturbating.

No chance of a pint down the pub then? ;)

Now i never said that.

Your girlfriend needs to be concerned that you are thinking about other chaps masturbating.

Says the person who shared the information!!!

Although, with it being **** out, it could have been anything.

Dirrell, Kessler, Ward, Johnson and Abraham... Which of those are World Class?

Oh dear lord. No, no it does not make them worldclass. Mayweather, De La Hoya, Joe Louis, Ali, Sugar Ray, Tyson (Prime), Julio Ceasr Chavez are all examples of worldclass boxers. None of the names you mention come even close.

Been a good fighter and worldclass are 2 seperate things.

Lol please stop trolling. Hatton, Nazeem all fought harder people than Froch. Froch is overrated. He could have been good but he began to believe his own hype and got distracted. Like many people he was always thinking 2 fights ahead of where he actually was and ultimatley it was his downfall. Now he'll never be more than a good fighter.

Majority of British boxing fans will know who he is. The Americans wont though because hes a 'nobody' compared to their fighters. He's nowhere near the best British boxers ever for what its worth.

I guess you are one of those who claim the Klitchkos are worldclass too, even though they are rubbish but happen to box in an era of a dead heavyweight division with no real contenders....

Indeed i am. Though i do wonder why you would expect so?

You can tell I think who uses a laptop and who doesn't due to how busy they seem at times. Plus you like to do a few things at once so laptop is more convenient

Oh dear lord. No, no it does not make them worldclass. Mayweather, De La Hoya, Joe Louis, Ali, Sugar Ray, Tyson (Prime), Julio Ceasr Chavez are all examples of worldclass boxers. None of the names you mention come even close.

Been a good fighter and worldclass are 2 seperate things.

Lol please stop trolling. Hatton, Nazeem all fought harder people than Froch. Froch is overrated. He could have been good but he began to believe his own hype and got distracted. Like many people he was always thinking 2 fights ahead of where he actually was and ultimatley it was his downfall. Now he'll never be more than a good fighter.

Majority of British boxing fans will know who he is. The Americans wont though because hes a 'nobody' compared to their fighters. He's nowhere near the best British boxers ever for what its worth.

I guess you are one of those who claim the Klitchkos are worldclass too, even though they are rubbish but happen to box in an era of a dead heavyweight division with no real contenders....

I second this. He will never be world class or fight world class because he's in a dead weight just like the brothers!

And like me and Cleon say Ricky fought better fighters but he did start to believe his hype and got unstuck by it!

What are good (great) laptops?

I find my ASUS A54C to be extremely good. Its very stylish and looks more like an office laptop if you know what I mean.

Its extremely fast as well

Well it's all about opinions. I love hatton, but he fought an over the hill kozta Zeu ( apologies spelling) who retired on his stool never fought again and froch has got in with the best out there and is still standing. Hatton got in with floyd and pacman, but didn't really go well for him did it.

I guess it comes down to how you define " world class". I think it means fighters who are performing and competing at world level, not domestically. If you want to use the term to describe fighters who are on another level, then yes, your tysons, robisons etc are that. I would call them all time greats maybe, I don't know.

I think froch has fought everyone it's possible to fight, there isn't anyone else who he hasnt fought. What more can you ask of the guy.

I think the klitchkos could have competed and held their own in any era , it's a shame the heavyweight division is so poor right now.

I think after they have retired people will look back on them a bit more fondly than what they do now, similar in the way Lennox Lewis is regarded now.