Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the welsh highlands, but in a valley... if even one flake fell in my home town, everyone was sent home as it meant anyone from the outlaying villages and towns,which accounted for most of the school population, wouldn't be able to get back home.

School's closing is all about heating, transport and students welfare.

School's closing is all about heating, transport and students welfare.
had I been a parent I'd be worried about the schools inability to provide the promised education to my kids

its only a bit of snow for crying out laud, its not like you need a snowmobile to get to school or anything like that

School's can't legally open under certain conditions Falahk.. temperature, heating, transport etc.

And as a parent, my child being one day behind on her curriculum would be the last of my worries, when and they could be at home nice and warm or better yet, out having a damn good time with their friends in the snow rather than being sat in a classroom at -5c with no way home and miserable :)

School's can't legally open under certain conditions Falahk.. temperature, heating, transport etc.

And as a parent, my child being one day behind on her curriculum would be the last of my worries, when and they could be at home nice and warm or better yet, out having a damn good time with their friends in the snow rather than being sat in a classroom at -5c with no way home and miserable :)

you have to understand where I'm coming from to....never once during the 12 years I went to school was it closed down due to weather conditions....it just simply did not happen, so I cant understand why it would be nessesary

and I live in a slightly colder place (not by much, but it still involves colder winters)

Course I do.. as I said.. it's a legal issue, it's the same reason the whole country grinds to a halt in cold or even slightly extreme conditions...

Clearly in Sweden, you'll have more extreme weather than we do and the government and country as a whole is geared for that..

This country isn't, and as such, everything fails :)

As I said, i'll chuck the kid out to play in the snow anyway, but schools have liability etc and can't open.

I can understand why schools close when the boiler is broke, or during the snow which regularly happens, kids throw snowballs at schools and the classroom windows break. I wouldn't want a kid to be sitting in a classroom in those conditions, no matter which country it is in.

kids throw snowballs at schools and the classroom windows break. I wouldn't want a kid to be sitting in a classroom in those conditions, no matter which country it is in.
never seen that happen ether

and if anything happens that makes the classrooms unusable, you'd have outdoors education and learn about nature ;)

I should go and have a look...must be a meltdown over there right now

The same people who were jizzing over Pardew last year now want him killed etc.

Some of them can't understand why Cabaye was subbed....seriously 3 months out and they expect him to be fit and play full 90......morons.

You get the same rubbish being posted in all the team threads though. We're great when we're winning but once you lose a game its 'oh god, I can't see us moving forward, get him out now'.

You get the same rubbish being posted in all the team threads though. We're great when we're winning but once you lose a game its 'oh god, I can't see us moving forward, get him out now'.
would not suprise me if some of the ppl who spent most of last year bashing Henderson have done a full u-turn over the last 4 games or so to

Haha, i'm at the mrs house, and was meant to get back to mine tonight, but we got about 200 ft down the road in the car before sliding off, damn welsh hills...

Guess i'm stuck here for another night!

On the bright side, finally getting some joy from my tactic in my Aston Villa project ..yayyy

Haha, i'm at the mrs house, and was meant to get back to mine tonight, but we got about 200 ft down the road in the car before sliding off, damn welsh hills...

Guess i'm stuck here for another night!

On the bright side, finally getting some joy from my tactic in my Aston Villa project ..yayyy

How far away is it?

Thank you very much officials. Top work.

Spurs deserved the point. I'll admit it was great seeing you let a goal in though in the dying seconds, you've done it enough times.

Spurs deserved the point. I'll admit it was great seeing you let a goal in though in the dying seconds, you've done it enough times.

The point is that we had a clear penalty not given. Considering the linesman was on that side of field aswell, it's unacceptable that he doesnt give the decision. I try not to be critical of officials, but that was appalling.

The FA want players, managers, fans, etc. to respect the officials, but how can you when such a simple decision like that is missed? That linesman is either A. incompentent, or B. has a problem with us. Yet it won't matter to him, he'll be there next week doing his job without punishment.

The point is that we had a clear penalty not given. Considering the linesman was on that side of field aswell, it's unacceptable that he doesnt give the decision. I try not to be critical of officials, but that was appalling.

The FA want players, managers, fans, etc. to respect the officials, but how can you when such a simple decision like that is missed? That linesman is either A. incompentent, or B. has a problem with us. Yet it won't matter to him, he'll be there next week doing his job without punishment.

Swings and roundabouts mate. You've had some results and decisions this season that you shouldn't have had so it evens outs.

The thing is people are trying to make football an exact science by trying to eliminate human error as they look to create the perfect game. When infact the perfect game comes from mistakes and dodgey decisions. Take this away from football and it kills it completley

anyone who does not follow a midtable club in la liga who gets the honor of playing against both the ref and real madrid/barca on semi regular basis really dont have much reason to complain about the officials

english refs are among the best around in football, and even if they make plenty of mistakes it can be a lot worse

I wish there was a facepalm smilie :D
they should try to get one integrated, could be useful for situations like this

Swings and roundabouts mate. You've had some results and decisions this season that you shouldn't have had so it evens outs.

That's a crap excuse that is used by rubbish pundits. You can't excuse a piece of terrible officiating by saying "Oh it's ok because they got a fortunate decision earlier in the season due to another piece of bad officiating".

The thing is people are trying to make football an exact science by trying to eliminate human error as they look to create the perfect game. When infact the perfect game comes from mistakes and dodgey decisions. Take this away from football and it kills it completley

No one is saying they want that. But when obvious decisions are missed, and it was as obvious as they come, then people have every right to question why.

That's a crap excuse that is used by rubbish pundits. You can't excuse a piece of terrible officiating by saying "Oh it's ok because they got a fortunate decision earlier in the season due to another piece of bad officiating".

No one is saying they want that. But when obvious decisions are missed, and it was as obvious as they come, then people have every right to question why.

Mistakes are mistakes. They'll always be part of the game and always have been, yet people react like its never happened before or that their club never gets millions of decisions.

Love how you think the linesman might be against you though because you didn't get a decision. You sound like all the other whingy cry babies because something actually went against you for once :brock:

Oh and Spurs should have got a pen, but I don't see any Utd fan banging on about that though. It's like you lot have selective memory disorder.

There you go again, condoning one poor decision because of another. Would have thought at your age you'd know that two wrongs don't make a right. :D

As for labelling me a "whingey cry baby", if you can do little else but attempt to insult then don't - it doesnt suit you. Lets be fair Cle, I seldom come in here and complain about match officials, for the simple reason that there is no point. The fact that i do it once and you lend yourself to such pettyness is a side of you I don't care for.

And call it selective memory if you like, but I genuinely don't remember an instance where Tottenham should have had a penalty. Enlighten me and I will tell you why it wasn't given. :D

I wish there was a facepalm smilie :D
They should try to get one integrated, could be useful for situations like this

Have I said something I shouldn't have or am I just being thick here?

Mistakes are mistakes. They'll always be part of the game and always have been, yet people react like its never happened before or that their club never gets millions of decisions.

Love how you think the linesman might be against you though because you didn't get a decision. You sound like all the other whingy cry babies because something actually went against you for once :brock:

Oh and Spurs should have got a pen, but I don't see any Utd fan banging on about that though. It's like you lot have selective memory disorder.

agree with Cleon here, its exactly like the snow, it happens a bunch of times every year and yet ppl get shocked and worked up by its arrival

I'm not condoning it or saying two wrongs make a right. I called you whingey and a cry baby based on the linesman remark you made. I understand you might be pissed if an easy decision was missed but coming out with such a remark as you did was really laughable and not your best moment Tom. But the fact you even mentioned the fact the lines man might have been against you is pathetic and embarrassing. If myself, SRL or anyone else came out with something like that you'd be the same and don't say you wouldn't because you'd be speaking **** :D

Plus it's Monday and I know you hate those, so if there is a good day to get you to bite its today. And the fact you seem to be wound up is a bonus and makes it all that easier.