Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I know. I desperately want to see it but I have just had so much on my plate lately that I haven't had opportunity. I am hoping with the completion of my course I can get to see it before they take it off screens.

I didn't know much about Guardians of the Galaxy, but having read up on it I am looking forward to it. Batista :cool:.

Well worth a cinema viewing if you have time the 3d is pretty good at times.

Batista has the right look I'd have preferred Jason Momoa but he turned it down due to money, the character that Batista will be playing is one of my favourite comic book characters and I can see Batista doing it pretty well just need to turn him green!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Batista has the right look I'd have preferred Jason Momoa but he turned it down due to money, the character that Batista will be playing is one of my favourite comic book characters and I can see Batista doing it pretty well just need to turn him green!

I know four of the main characters have been cast. Just the big tree looking dude isn't it. I don't know names, other than Drax.

I'm looking forward to Zoe Saldana as Gamora she is kick ass, I don't think they've cast the voice of Rocket Raccoon or Groot(tree beast) yet although I might have missed it.

I've probably asked you before do you read comics? There's some very short free Guardians of the Galaxy ones on marvel.com

I haven't read the comics at all. Until I heard they were making a film, I didn't have a clue about it at all. I knew about Zoe Saldana. Liked her in Star Trek and looking forward to seeing the second one of those too. Also can't wait till Ant-Man is released to start the third cinematic phase of Marvel.

I saw a small clip of Ant-man the other week obviously hard to judge or get anything from it as it was only 30 seconds long just showed him shrinking and beating someone up. Star Trek was very good, a few plot holes but with loads of action and Kirk is awesome.

The best news that I've seen lately is the Ghost Rider and Blade are now back in Marvel/Disney hands. I think they could do a good job of Ghost Rider(another of my favourites)given the mess someone made of the second film.

Evening all (or afternoon depending on the location). Gutted there is no football at all on over here tonight, Seeing as it is on at 1am Sunday here now i wont be watching the last games as i have work on Monday. A shame as i fancied flickinmg between the Arsenal & Spurs games as that is all that left to play for. I will be watching the cricket where the Kiwis seem to be backing up the good form from home soil. When did the last day of the season games all go to a Sunday? Is this a new thing this year or has it happened for the last few years?

When did the last day of the season games all go to a Sunday? Is this a new thing this year or has it happened for the last few years?

I am sure it has been like that for a while. Not that I am certain on that.

I am sure it has been like that for a while. Not that I am certain on that.

I'll be honest and say that usually by this time in the season i have switched off from football as most things have been decided. I usually just check to see how Wigan are doing in the escape bid, sadly i wont be doing this next season, so dont pay attention to the fixture dates usually.

Still it is an ashes year and i will be watching the games in England on TV and going to a few with some English mates over here. Don't tell McGougan but i will be wearing an English cricket top when i go over here

Really looking forard to it. Should be good for England as Australia have an awful team. I can't really see any match winners other than Clarke for them. Also appointing Haddin as no1 keeper and VC is a huge risk. i watched him over here recently in a 20/20 game (admitedlly not the best format of the game to judge people by) and he was awfull, let so many easy chances go by.

Strange start to my FM evening. Started with huge disappointment at my Spurs save corrupting just 2 weeks before moving to a new stadium.

Then Cleon pointed out how to recover old saves, and my 2024 Barca save appeared! My best CM/FM save ever by several country miles, absolutely delighted to be back.

It is sadly like meeting up with old friends....

It's great to be back there. I'd spent ages building up a great young squad and backroom team and thought I'd had it all whipped away.

Plus it's 2024 so there's hardly any "real" players left. Also have the best player I've ever had back.

Since "losing" the save, I've done a load of tactical learning and because each of my tactics evolves from the last, I'm rolling out my latest couple of shapes on Barca.

I do bloody love this game sometimes.

The other half is watching the Eurovision :thdn::(.

How did yesterday's "incident" end up? All settled down?

Eurovision is pure cack. I used to live with a mate who seriously sat down with a clipboard and judged costume, song, audience participation etc.

Cannot believe he married a woman and made babies.

Please explain how we get back old saves? :)

If you have Windows 7, go to the folder where your games are saved (probably C:\Users\Your Name Here\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\games).

Right-click and Restore Previous Versions. It is the best thing in the world.

If you have Windows 7, go to the folder where your games are saved (probably C:\Users\Your Name Here\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\games).

Right-click and Restore Previous Versions. It is the best thing in the world.

Damn it, I can only get a save back from a week ago.

Damn it, I can only get a save back from a week ago.

I was a bit miffed to only have one from three days ago. Fortunately the process revived my best save, not my most recent one.

I've changed the regularity of my rolling autosaves since - you need to feel the pain to learn the lesson.

How did yesterday's "incident" end up? All settled down?

Eurovision is pure cack. I used to live with a mate who seriously sat down with a clipboard and judged costume, song, audience participation etc.

Cannot believe he married a woman and made babies.

Yeah things are OK. Glad I got things off my chest to be honest. She spoke to her son about it and at the minute we're alright :). Thanks for asking.

I seriously can't believe she is watching it. I think she does for Graham Norton's comments.

I seriously can't believe she is watching it. I think she does for Graham Norton's comments.

That's even worse! She watches that toss, and then wants to listen to Graham Norton! Dreadful.

Every single component of every single element of Eurovision is just crap.

Ditto. I cannot understand the fascination, it is just plain crap on every single level.

Best is, people still think we can win or do well in it. When will they realise no-one likes the UK so we can't win it....

You could put Paul Mcartney in and he'd still do **** because its all political voting so Britain doesn't get votes. It's all a fix

It's the equivalent of someone watching back a football game they've already seen and know the outcome, yet place a bet on it for a scoreline that didn't occur in the match. Pointless and stupid :D

If it's an American series, my usual comment applies.

Cleon, the death of my Spurs save has scuppered work in progress of what would have been a reasonable article for the Chalkboard Diaries.

I'll try and resurrect the concept on my Barca save, but that is too much fun with the tactic I built for it at the moment...

If it's an American series, my usual comment applies.

Cleon, the death of my Spurs save has scuppered work in progress of what would have been a reasonable article for the Chalkboard Diaries.

I'll try and resurrect the concept on my Barca save, but that is too much fun with the tactic I built for it at the moment...

Don't worry about it.

What do you dislike about American series? There have been/are some really good ones. Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad etc

Don't worry about it.

What do you dislike about American series? There have been/are some really good ones. Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad etc

I'm just not really a TV watcher, so can't commit to watching long running stuff.

All I watch on TV is footy, Top Gear, the odd cookery programme and some comedy stuff.

I'm just not really a TV watcher, so can't commit to watching long running stuff.

All I watch on TV is footy, Top Gear, the odd cookery programme and some comedy stuff.

I don't watch much tv tbh. What I do though, is watch like a full box set over the weekend every now and again when there's nowt going on. Spend a bit of time with the missus so she doesn't feel left out :D

Don't worry about it.

I prefer American telly to English so much. Although I think that might be because it's all my parents watch.

As well as the ones Cleon mentioned there's programmes like Arrow; Elementary and Homeland which are all fantastic.

I do enjoy some English telly though, I've become a big fan of Lee Mack's "Not Going Out" if anyone's seen it?

-

Changing topic: I'm having one of those times where I just don't know what to do or who to be on Football Manager :(

I don't watch much tv tbh. What I do though, is watch like a full box set over the weekend every now and again when there's nowt going on. Spend a bit of time with the missus so she doesn't feel left out :D

Good plan, I'm getting a few snide comments at the moment about "that bloody game".

Apparently Neil Lennon is the odds on favourite. Otherwise you have to be looking at Martinez.

Can you see it working? I can't. There's a huge difference between the prem and turning Dundee over every week. Martinez, yeah that could work. I'm just worried (I'm not a Everton suppoter but I prefer them to Liverpool) that the Moyes magic will rub off and they'll slowly slide down the table.

Can you see it working? I can't. There's a huge difference between the prem and turning Dundee over every week. Martinez, yeah that could work. I'm just worried (I'm not a Everton suppoter but I prefer them to Liverpool) that the Moyes magic will rub off and they'll slowly slide down the table.

Never saw this :D.

I don't think Lennon would be the right man. I don't really rate him as a manager really to be honest. I think Martinez will probably get it, although he needs to sort his teams out defensively. Maybe working with better defenders than at Wigan might help?