Knap FM12 Tactics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Knap,

Would love to see how many goals you had from corners in your most recent 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 if you do not mind?

Want to give the tactic a go but do not want my CB scoring more than 10-15 goals :)

Regards

Shiraz

With corners I also find that you often score many against minor teams but very even against similar cllubs and attributes for squad.

I completly skipped pre season in last game and even went with Sunday League reputation. The team only use tactic for first game of season, as I often just use the original tactic pre season.

I just use Ass Man as no evidence of the best set up.

Well what can I say... the most recent 442 is helping my Fiorentina team score by the bucketload! 3rd in 1st season with only one recognised striker (using Cerci and a 36 year old Crespo up front as cover for Jovetic... my 1st choice broke a leg after 10 games!) and I smashed the scoring charts.

I am struggling with defence though. Still smashing in the goals, but Christ the team can't defend worth a damn. Any advice you can give me for this Knap? They aren't the quickest CBs in the world but the full backs are accomplished. I haven't tinkered much but tried to reign in the FBs forward runs away... seems to help but still conceding too much which means if it's a tight game I know I'm always at a slight disadvantage.

Appreciate the help.

I don't think slow is an issue just quality as I tend to use slow players in a squad that others discard. Try the 451 and use TW as well as reducing runs, but the best defence is attack in this game.

Wouldn't imagine so. Just like 12.2.1 didn't change anything ME wise. They're just hotfixes in essence.

Hmmm, I think you're right. Still going strong 10 games later after the patch for me so far...

I have found that once the 442 becomes fluid I pretty much stop scoring with it.

The game this year is maddening, I just can't figure out how to be consistent for a whole season.

I am finding this lately as well. I don't understand how I go from smashing Man City and Porto 5-1, 4-0 and having a good battle with Milan and Inter (narrow 0-1 losses) to suddenly losing 4-2 to 19th place Cesena. I am adjusting the tactic to away games as well and opposition. I just don't understand at this point. Team talks are good they nearly always say, "look relaxed" or "looking fired up/motivated" after I do them.

I will try your 4-5-1 knap because I am very impressed so far. It must just be something wrong with my team...

triple 4231 and I think I adjusted ttbs.

I have 2 442s one with adjusted forward settings and the other based on the TC tactic Shiraz set up, which in not a CA tactic.

Knap, do you have a genie scout rating file that we can use? I usually build my own based on a TC tactic for FM 10 you posted long ago, but surely it would be more efficient if we have one directly from you. Thanks!

Can you elaborate as not sure what you are after.

Genie uses a % rating based on atributes but not easy to transfer to the filter system, the Scouts uses stars and the Ass Man gives roles and duties.

Ah, I tought you used it to give even more accurate team ratings based on the stats you need the most for your tactics.

Do you think that by giving 100% of weight for the TC key attributes, like giving 100 on rating for reflex for goalkeeper and 0 for acceleration, ratings would still be accurate? That's what I do

I tend to use this system mainly for signing cheaper but still quality players.

I have been using a tweaked version of Knaps 442 that was working very well to me. Then I tweaked it a little more, and came up with 3 very similar tactics, but with different formations: 4-4-2; 4-4-1-1; and 4-1-4-1.

The results from the tests I made looked very good, but unfortunatly I haven't the time to make a proper test, so if anyone is interested in trying and testing, here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?qiqmallj332aqqk

If you test it, please leave some feedback.

Knap, I hope you don't mind posting these tactics here. ;)

I have a speadsheet for attributes but like past role model spreadsheets it would rely on Genie. I never look at stats/attributes for tactics because of need to over-rotate in FM, therfore you end up with a variety of players for each position. Main variation is whether players fit a formation

Just use the Genie profile. If you look at team its MU, MC Spurs so good enough. If you combine with ca/pa its all you really need, but a scout report is easier to use unless you favour a particular attribute.

The latest 106 PT is really the best tactic I ever used in any FM, I get so many CCC, and score a lot. Defense maybe isn't that great but I'm always winning by big margins, and I don't seem to have a performance drop mid season

Rotation depends upon keeping squad happy and key players playing most matches. I seldom change gk and cb pairing and usually a key forward. Not sure there is any direct connection with form.

Knap,

I'm using your updated 451 with Birmingham in the championship (took over in 2015...)

I've got the best squad in the league according to Genie, but i seem to be struggling a bit. My players give away posession far too much, and i get hit on breaks. Generally my problems are defensive, as i score a good amount of goals. Any tips? Should i try one of the other tactics?

Thanks.

knap Hello, I am using your tactics, play with Monaco in the second ligue, I started with 4-4-2, but I realized that I am better with the 4-2-3-1, no co are many differences between the two tactics, or I'm wrong, but the attitude seems different in the field, I left the coach in the preparation of the second match, I done well? thanks for the answer.:)

Archived