FM12: Anderson Martins - The Bargain DC with quality and pace?

SpooneyDM

Most cheap DC's that possess solid defensive capability usually come with very poor speed, not this lad, for a tiny 35k from Qatari club Al-Jaish, this ball playing brazilian can be yours.

martinss.jpg

Ok, so maybe he aint a world beating DC, but he is pretty damn solid and great value for money, and his 14 acceleration and pace is fantastic in the world of DC's.

He has some great ball playing attributes too, including his passing, first touch, dribbling, composure, technique.

He is a non-EU national though so getting a work permit may be hard

But overall for 35k, you cant go wrong can you? Anyone else snapped him up?

After his continuing amazing performances and this news article...

martinsprogress.jpg

...Juventus and PSG now have "major interest" in him, I then realized i got him on a contract with a min fee of 500k for foreign clubs, so now i am scrambling to sign him on a new 4mil min fee contract, to force them to pay 4mil for him in January if they decide to get him off me.

And if I sell him for 4mil, than that will be over 114 times more than what I paid for him only 6 months earlier, not bad :p

Id love to keep him though, I can play him alongside any donkey DC atm and he does so much that his partner doesnt have to do anything.

Great player, would love to know if anyone has got him performing well in a better league.

Great find, if only he was a bit stronger and a bit better in the air, although this can easily be worked on in training. I have just signed Sol Bamba for 1.5 million who is commanding and pacey, but with his marking at only a 12, I wish I went for Martins instead! I will probably still go for Martins anyway and Bamba can play an anchor man role.

I brought in him with Ajax for cover and he didn't get enough matches for his liking. He played well enough and I started to play him more, but in December of the first season, Milan came in with a whopping $60k bid, which I attempted to negotiate rather than turn down. They walked and Martins got unhappy. He asked for a chat and I told him I'd sell him when a reasonable offer came in but he got petulant. And his response since has been some awful performances. I gave him a warning after he managed a 5.40 rating and was responsible for a goal in a cup match, and he shocked me by accepting the warning. Good player and a great value but he seems a bit tough to deal with.

Archived