How do I break down two deep banks of 4?

I am playing low league football with Raynes Park Vale on FM2010 (Still!), at Ryman Prem Level (just below Conference South).

None of my players have any technical attributesover 12, with only some having physical attributes above that.

I have played for 3 seasons, starting at Level 9 in the non league game and am now at Level 7.

I have been used to teams coming to RPV and defending but in the last 3 seasons it has been fairly easy to play through them and "work the ball into the box".

I played my first game in the Ryman Prem last night and had, at 40 minutes 71% of the possession of which virtually all was in their half. They had not once chance in the first 40 minutes.

What was most noticeable was that in all the 3 seasons I have been playing no team has had a rigid deep lying back 4 with an also rigid 4 across the midfield.

It made it nigh on impossible to play through them and Ias my forwards are not quick I couldn't hoof it over the top.

One thing I did do this season was make my pitch long and narrow as my players crosses were always cleared when I played wide and on short pitches it was nigh on impossible to break defensive teams down.

In the game in question my players couldn't find a way through and were constantly passing across the pitch looking for some space which was mininmal due to the two banks of four.

I won in the end (2-1), having created 12 chances to their 3 but one was a penalty after a cross from a full back and the other when I launched into "Overload" for the last 10 minutes when the score was 1-1.

As the creativity of my players is generally below 9 how can I best get through such defensive teams??

Thanks

Archived