MLS (USA & Canada) Media File

Al Clark

• SI Staff

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hnh8w4r47ty5el8/FM2012%20MLS%20Media%20and%20Journalists.rar

With over 330 media people included and fully updated for FM12 release (2011 season). I hadn't touched this in 3 years. Updated media outlets as well as the journos list.

Happy to have this shared - it's an essential file for anyone playing MLS. Just please give credit, I have over 50 hours in these two little files!

More over at www.FMNorthAmerica.com

• SI Staff
You didnt put "Journalist" in your file. Does it matter? Example code shows it with "

I'm not understanding what you mean? This is two files in a rar - you need to extract it first.

• SI Staff
You didnt put "Journalist" in your file. Does it matter? Example code shows it with "

okay, I worked out what you meant and yeah, that would seem to be an issue wouldn't it?! It didn't stop it working three years ago mind you?

Oddly, I just tested versions of both (with and without "" around JOURNALIST, and neither seemed to work. Which is a concern. Anyone got any suggestions?

• SI Staff
The old files no longer work so you need to load Editor and then generate dbc file from the edt files an option will appear once the database has been loaded then save the file.

This is just a rough note as i don't have editor running

The editor is for an XML/DBC file, media files are EDT.

• SI Staff

Yeah, I'm slowly catching on, but I'm finding two issues even after I've passed it through the editor as it says to do (and you indicated, thank you)

#1 The journalists are not attaching to the media outlets, even if they are correctly assigned in the DB.

#2 The selections for what media are present at press conferences, for example, is wildly off. It's ignoring all the club specific ones and bypassing them for national level (which in MLS, would not be there). Here it's the local press that cover the individual teams.

Archived