Problem with playmaker

Hi All,

I have a little problem with Man City. I use a 4-2-3-1 with Hart, Richards, Kompany, Thiago Silva, Clichy, Toure, Barry, Silva, Aguero, Nasri, Dzeko.

Midfielder duo is Toure as box t obox midfielde and BArry ad CM with defensive duty.

AMC is Aguero setting as an inside forward with go into space duty. Dzeko is an advanced forward witn no RFD.

So main problem is that nothing of players who play in centre zone of field have attribute so good to be playmaker. Best Creativity, Decision, Passing, are in David Silva so him must be playmaker. As in real life. But if I use it on AMR as advanced playmaker, with cuts inside duty, RWB sometimes and TTB often I can't involve him in match. Obviously I set him as playmaker in squad instructions. It seems that ME doesn't recognize playmaker not in the centre of field.

Did you have same problem? Can someone give me an advice to how involve David Silva in the match?

Thanks.

Try to give him more space when building your attack. Less run from deep, slightly lower mentality. Also don't set his run with ball to "often". Watch the match engine to see if your players can reach him during play, maybe he plays too wide, too attacking, ... and adjust his settings accordingly.

Not sure if using an AML / AMR as playmaker is a good idea though (in FM).

Using AML/R as a playmaker is not a problem and can work. The idea is that the player should be able to find space on the wing and then create. However, the player has less options (he can only pass infield). Also, he maybe running with the ball instead of passing and losing it.

You could give Barry a deeplying playmaker role. He's attributes are good enough to do a job in that role.

Your best option, for Man City, would be to buy a deeplying playmaker :)

Using AML/R as a playmaker is not a problem and can work. The idea is that the player should be able to find space on the wing and then create. However, the player has less options (he can only pass infield). Also, he maybe running with the ball instead of passing and losing it.

You could give Barry a deeplying playmaker role. He's attributes are good enough to do a job in that role.

Your best option, for Man City, would be to buy a deeplying playmaker :)

Yes My intention is to give ball to Silva on AMR position, than he run with ball in a more centre position with Dzeko move a little right and Aguero (who start from AMC) ready to exploit space create by Dzeko movement. So Silva is in central position with 3 pass option: Nasri on the left, Dzeko on the right and Aguero movement.

Pratically idea was move from a 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-1-2 with Silva that cuts inside.

Archived