FM12 - Lacina Traore

toontoon4

6 foot 8 (2.03m) Lacina Traore (born 20 May 1990 in Abidjan) began his career with Jean-Marc Guillou's football school ASEC Mimosas, before joining Stade d'Abidjan in 2006. He played in Abidjan until January 2008, when he joined the Romanian club CFR Cluj. The striker developed into a key player at the Romanian giants and played a major role in Cluj’s league title winning team.

In February 2011, Traoré transferred to Kuban Krasnodar in the Russian Premier League for a reported fee of around €4 million.

I signed him for Newcastle both in my first full game and in the demo and in both he has been in amazing form.

TraoreSeason1.jpg

(Demo game)

Traore.jpg

I bought this guy a couple of times on fm10. At Juve he became one of the favoured personnal at the club and banged in 49 goals in a season! I played him as a poacher, he was much more effective in that role rather than a targetman. He has good flair and anticipation in particular, along with decent pace so I'd still say he'd be most effective as a poacher. But also get your wingers to use his enormous height ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I signed him for Swansea for £7.5 mill in the first season. He played 14 times and never scored and constantly moaned about being homesick. I let him go twice but he still came back moaning and not scoring, so I released him on a free towards the end of the season. No-one wanted him and I was relieved about getting rid.

This was on network game with a mate and he snapped him up for free. He scored on his debut for his Wigan side but didn't score in the next 10. Turned out to be rubbish.

Must have just been an unlucky purchase on that save. Same with Wilfried, he's been rubbish for me when I've signed him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Had problems a season before, when I couldn't settle on a lone poacher between Niang, Fierro and Ongenda...

So I sold Ongenda, loaned out Fierro, and brought this guy in.

Let's just say that his goalscoring record (as Target Man - attack) is better than Edinson Cavani's was when I was at Napoli (and that was more than 1 goal a game)

AND, Niang has finally found some form as well! 98 goals in 38 league matches for the team, and a league and CL double to go with it! :D

Best signing I ever made. By a long shot

Finishing too often let him down for me and I flogged at a profit plus 50% sell on to Juventus (who overpay for all my unwanteds lately it seems). To be fair his performances were not that bad but when I needed a goal he never seemed to deliver. Finally my frustrations spilt over and he was transfer listed. Was replaced with a regen and what a decision that was. The kid was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived