Unique ID's

manager2010

Getting the error could not process rule group settings in C:....etc, Netherlands KNVB Amateur Beker - too many teams (14) requested from Dutch hoofdklasse zondag A (13). Happendds when I load this Dutch file with a Malta file. Maybe I'm wrong but I did check the editor and a few clubs have the same ID's. Could possibly be a competition conflict.

• 2 months later...

Has this been fully addressed?

Only being able to load one .xml file at a time is hugely restricting when you're looking to play somewhere like Africa. It's taken a massive amount of enjoyment away from the game.

Does anyone know if this issue is likely to be fixed in the future? Because it hasn't always been like this.

Is it really the case that you can't load more than one xml file at a time in FM12?

It would seem that way.

They will work fine if the competitions are already in the database. The problem comes when you create competitions in the editor. If two people create an .xml file and create competitions, the first competition created is given a Unique ID number of 1000000026 (or thereabouts). When you load those two different .xmls, these Unique ID numbers clash.

They never used to, as I say. But since the last patch of FM11 this has been the case.

Ok, fair enough, community created competitions/databases.

Just a personal preference of mine, I think it has a nice ring to it :) User generated/community created content is becoming a big selling point for many games and SI are really leading the way in sports games with the progress they are making in the editor.

I would PM Unknown Hacker as he has fixed this sort of problem for other people before. He is on frequently enough but may not have seen this thread as the title may not have drawn his attention.

Archived