Anji

soccertrick

Cheers. He is, aye. I think I'm going to play big Jan and Kara at CB both as BPD, with Bandalovski and Roberto Carlos as my main back four for season 1. Jucelei and N'Zonzi at DM, Boussafa on AML, Dszudsak (w/e) on AMC, Ivanov at AMR (hoping to bring in Hoilett) and then Eto'o up front. I'm trying to bring in that young German lad - ter Stegen or something? - for around £20M. I originally tried to bring in Arshavin for around £27M (my remaining budget) but Arsenal weren't interested.

1 Russian in the whole starting XI, maybe 0 if I get Hoilett. Ha.

edit: in fact, I'm going to play Carcela on the right wing.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I get into Europe ;)

I'm aiming for top 2 in my first season. I was going to say Title Challenge, but told the board I was aiming for Champions League Qualification. When I make it to the Champions League it'll be a simple case of bringing in many youngsters and then other Russian talents. Dzagoev, Mamaev, Schennikov, Arshavin, Pavyluchenko are just a few that I'm looking at. The latter two are older but obviously big names who could be brilliant.

I just signed Marc-André ter Stegen - £25M. He'll be my first choice and eventual world beater. Gladbach put in one of those ridiculous profit clauses at 20% and requested £30M, so I said I'd give 30% of the profit made and offered £25M instead, to which they accepted. I put in a clause of £40M release fee for ter Stegen in his contract, meaning I'm going to walk away £35M from any potential sale, with Gladbach only getting £5M. Not too bad.

Cheers. He is, aye. I think I'm going to play big Jan and Kara at CB both as BPD, with Bandalovski and Roberto Carlos as my main back four for season 1. Jucelei and N'Zonzi at DM, Boussafa on AML, Dszudsak (w/e) on AMC, Ivanov at AMR (hoping to bring in Hoilett) and then Eto'o up front. I'm trying to bring in that young German lad - ter Stegen or something? - for around £20M. I originally tried to bring in Arshavin for around £27M (my remaining budget) but Arsenal weren't interested.

1 Russian in the whole starting XI, maybe 0 if I get Hoilett. Ha.

edit: in fact, I'm going to play Carcela on the right wing.

You can only play 6 non Russians in the XI

9897C66A9A42F0FC5C05801B9078B0294213F09D

Woah. Cannot wait to see how he develops. He's pinned down for 4.5 years, so I'll see how he develops until he's 23, unless somebody triggers the clause and steals him from me.

EDIT: Boussafa is out for 7 weeks, Zhirkov has returned. Zhirkov was always likely to be my first choice, mainly because he's brilliant at crossing and left footed. Plus he can assist defensively.

Brought in Sebatián Toro - £1.5M and released Kebe. I think I might try to offload Joao Carlos now, because he's relatively old and I don't have much use for him, with Vertonghen and Kara ahead of him and then the Russian lads and Toro now there.

Finished my third season, second in the League so Champions League Football, won the Russian Cup on penalties after a 3-3 draw with Spartak wasn't bad considering a lot of my players were unavailable due to travelling to International Duty!! Won the Europa League 3-1 against 10-man Leverkusen so it's given my club a much needed reputation boost to sign higher quality players.

Just had the Russian Transfer Window open and managed to get Tevez on a free transfer, he has been my only major signing as I've decided to focus this season on getting some Russian talent developing snapping up a couple of decent looking Russian youngsters. No offers came in for Ganso so far and I'm delighted at that as he is such a key player for me in the playmaker role behind the front two. Also got a new stadium Markarov Park a 23,323 capactiy named after the Anzhi legend Alexandr Markarov slightly disappointed with the Capacity but hopefully can develop the stadium. Ticket prices have gone up this season from £3.30 to £.3.50!!!!

After how strongly I finished the season I haven't really felt that many areas of the squad needed strengthening hence why I focused on acquiring Russian youngsters, Roberto Carlos has now retired along with Joao Carlos. Possibly may offer Roberto Carlos a coaching role, but he stats don't look that good.

Looking forward to the new season and aiming to win the League, Cup and try get out of the Group Stage this time depending on who I'm drawn against. Forca Anzhi!!!

I would, and I was actually going to, but somebody has already posted in here saying they're doing one, I think. Yeah, tmason is doing it with Purefun's permission.

I have managed to change my squad starting XI to contain only 7 foreigners. I have no idea how to make it only 6 foreigners though. The only fit Russians I have are both CBs, and there is no way in hell I'm dropping Kara or Vertonghen. Oh and I'm not dropping ter Stegen either. Really not sure how to continue this. If I had known, I would have brought in a Russian RB instead of Bandalovski. I am furious that I never knew of this damned stupid rule. What a ridiculous idea. Damn Russians.

UGH. I also need to have at least one U21 Russian in the squad? Terrible rules. Absolutely terrible. I don't even have a decent young Russian RB... no idea wtf to do now. Part of me feels I should restart and think more carefully about my signings. But at the same time, I really cannot be bothered going through everything again (for the third time!).

You're not allowed any more than 6 Foreign Players in the first XI for Premier Division matches?

I am in a spot of bother here, then...

Correct, you can fill your bench with them.. however you cant have more than 6 in your XI at any time. Same rules apply to the Cup.

This is why ive loaded up with all the Russian players I can... its cost me a bomb, but the club can afford it and at the end of it, ill have most of the better Russian players at my disposal.

Ive just 3 foreigners in my 1st team squad now; Eto'o, Dzsudszak and Niakhaichyk. At the same time I have at least 7 current Russian Internationals, sometimes upto 12 depending on selection.

I'm definitely going to have to restart. N'Zonzi won't be getting signed. I'll still bring in Vertonghen, Kara and ter Stegen, and alongside Eto'o, Jucilei and Dszudszak they'll make my 6 foreigners.

Looks like I'm going to be trying for a team something like this:

ter Stegen*,

?, Kara*, Vertonghen*, Gratan,

Jucilei*, ?

Ivanov, Dszudszak*, Zhirkov,

Eto'o*

I'll make the either the RB or DM an U21 Russian too.

I would, and I was actually going to, but somebody has already posted in here saying they're doing one, I think. Yeah, tmason is doing it with Purefun's permission.

I have managed to change my squad starting XI to contain only 7 foreigners. I have no idea how to make it only 6 foreigners though. The only fit Russians I have are both CBs, and there is no way in hell I'm dropping Kara or Vertonghen. Oh and I'm not dropping ter Stegen either. Really not sure how to continue this. If I had known, I would have brought in a Russian RB instead of Bandalovski. I am furious that I never knew of this damned stupid rule. What a ridiculous idea. Damn Russians.

UGH. I also need to have at least one U21 Russian in the squad? Terrible rules. Absolutely terrible. I don't even have a decent young Russian RB... no idea wtf to do now. Part of me feels I should restart and think more carefully about my signings. But at the same time, I really cannot be bothered going through everything again (for the third time!).

Also the rule isn't just about the starting XI it's at any point in a match, so if you have six forgeiners in your XI and you take off a Russian and try bring on another forgeiner you won't be able to make the sub. Yes it's frustrating but I think it makes it a little more challenging when building your squad.

I'm definitely going to have to restart. N'Zonzi won't be getting signed. I'll still bring in Vertonghen, Kara and ter Stegen, and alongside Eto'o, Jucilei and Dszudszak they'll make my 6 foreigners.

Looks like I'm going to be trying for a team something like this:

ter Stegen*,

?, Kara*, Vertonghen*, Gratan,

Jucilei*, ?

Ivanov, Dszudszak*, Zhirkov,

Eto'o*

I'll make the either the RB or DM an U21 Russian too.

Get Schennikov instead of Granat (if you can afford him) for left back, Parshivlyuk for RB. Not any outstanding Russian DM's. Mamaev can play there, but is a CM naturally.

Challenging, certainly. Fun, I'm not so sure.

It basically means that my squad - by default containing only 9 Russians, most of whom are rubbish - is redundant unless I go about spending millions upon millions.

EDIT: Schennikov would be great but he'll cost me an arm and a leg. When I said DMs, I actually mean MCd - I dislike the use of DMs unless I play a 4-3-3. I'll check out Parhivlyuk, cheers :thup:

I'm chasing Mamaev, Schennikov (Gratan if I fail to get Schennikov), Vertonghen, Kara, ter Stegen this time around. I still need a RB - Parshivlyuk is out for 2-3 months at the beginning of the game. I have Agalarov who is pretty terrible, but I think he's good enough for the time being until I find a better option (most likely Parshivlyuk).

EDIT: I'm also going to chase Dzagoev, although I don't fancy my chances too much.

Mamaev wasn't interested in negotiating contracts with me. Schennikov wasn't going for anything less than £28M, which is ridiculous - Granat has been offered a contract now as a result.

Any other suggestions for MCd?

edit: I signed Shishkin btw, thanks for the suggestion. He looks top drawer.

Mini Update on my 2nd season:

At the winter break and after the slow start to the season we picked up nicely and are now 7pts clear after 18 games, with a revived Zenit and a stronger Spartak Moscow my nearest foes.

In Europe we dismally went out of the Group stage with a whimper, partly due to me putting in backups to give them games... but I still wanted a decent run just to get our reputation up. The only plus side is that we now have 12 league games left to clinch the title.

Player wise; Etoo again has struggled with injuries but has notched 22 in 22 all comps. Whilst Vagner Love has disappointed with just 3 league goals in 10 apps considering his hefty 55m pricetag!

Current XI is:

GK - Revishvili

WBR - Shishkin

WBL - Zhirkov

DC - Gadjibekov

DC - A. Berezutskiy

MC - Mamaev

MC - Dzagoev

AMR - Sychev

AML - Dzsudzsak

SC - Love

SC - Eto'o

Having had a wee look around, there doesn't appear to be many (if any) good Russian MC/Ds after Mamaev who I can't get at the moment. I think I'm going to have to move Kara to MC instead of CB and bring in Gadjibekov to CB instead. That way I still get only 6 foreigners.

I know this lad is not naturally gifted for that position but I used Torbinskiy there in my first season. 37apps, 3 goals, 6 asts and a 7.02AvR which is not too shabby. This year he is more of a backup but has started 9 games, scored once and AvR of 7.46.

Well the Chairman is officially nuts... a good kind of nuts :D

During the winter break ive little budget left so sign CSKA's Russian U21 GK Nigmatullin and think thats me done, will look forward to the season resuming. A couple of days later, bang 30m given to me... he needs me to spend it before the tax man knocks :p (well thats what im thinking anyway).

So I decide to try my arm at a few big names; Adebayor came to the table after City accepted 5m... he wanted the moon, I walked. Mexes came.... ive always been a fan, but at 30.. did I want him on 100k in the team, that one was iced.

Then the big one, well big for me.... Ashley Young! 20m, Fergie said gone on then, I got Ashley to Russia tore up his passport and now he is mine :D We also nick Yakovlev from Spartak Moscow for 24m as he looks like a lively Russian winger to add competition for places. Finally Dinamo's Alexandr Sapeta came in to give Mamaev some cover for 15m... taking this seasons spending to a whooping £269m

Im also chasing Akinfeev but although CSKA accept 50m.. he wont talk.

My first game as Anzhi manager was reasonable, I suppose...

26F701EAB539A9A82D85942254897F4FA1374C0D

Setting the standards high, innit. Onwards and upwards, etc - this was all without my first choice LW and second choice CB.

My main problem with the rule is rotation. It becomes increasingly difficult to fit in foreign players who need rotated.

Oh, and a side note, I made another signing that I haven't mentioned - Vladimir Dyadyun - £16.5M. I felt like I needed a Russian striker. Plus I don't rate Tardelli too highly in the first place. I'll probably end up selling him on in the next transfer window.

My second game in charge...

83BFB293CE582137FEDBA17F36296A349B8AC2CB

Life at Anzhi is fun. It turns out it won't be as easy as I originally thought. Eto'o was a class act. Went in at HT on a 5.8 rating. I told him he was playing terrible. He comes out, scores. Rostov kick off, Eto'o tackles their striker, dribbles past 3, squares it to Lakhiyalov and we make it 2-2. I shove Eto'o as IF/A on AML to bring on Dyadyun up front. Eto'o plays a crazy adventurous ball to the other wing for Carcela who then plays through Dyadyun to power it past the keeper at the end. 2-3, wonderful.

Look at my CCCs and HCs. Absolutely destroyed them. At HT, they had more for everything. I seemed to fire them up real good. Unbelievable comeback.

Phew a dramatic finish to the 2nd season for me as we looked set to win the title... before losing 4 from 6 including a 3-0 reversal in Tom followed by a 1-0 home loss to Rubin that actually gave Zenit the top spot.

Fortunately they managed to bubble up at home to relegation candidates Kuban in a 1-1 draw, leaving us going into the final game joint on points but me having the tie-breaker in games won. We hosted Spartak, they travelled to CSKA.... there was an early scare for us but in the end a smashing 5-1 win clinched the title and that all important crack at Europes premier competition.

Season   League            Cup              SuperCup          Europe
11-12    3rd               Winners          --                --
12-13    Champions         7th Round        Winners           Group Stage (Europa League)

Cant beat a dramatic win Downie :D

Nice one on the league title benn :thup: Champions League now :p.

Thanks mate :)

Im actually hoping for a slow build process now... we need to keep getting into the Champions League, but what I need is a new ground, training ground, top youth facilities etc. At the same time, im hoping to get some galacticos in.. Eto'o will get one more year with me, then its time for the next generation of stars to shine.

Just had an incredible game against Shakhtar, after winning the first leg 1-0 in Donetsk we had to rely on our two centre backs who put in great performances, then pulled back Shakhtar players when they ended up clean through on goal.

Untitled-778.png

Now in the Champions League Group stages with Chelsea, A.C. Milan and Panathanaikos.

Decided to start a new save with Anji after all. Sticking my neck on the line saying I would aim for Champions League Qualification. Spent £52,000,000 in the First Window (started the game in Feb 2011) signed two full-backs from Lokomotiv Moscow a young central midfielder Amkar and Ganso. Quite happy with the dealings, would have liked to have signed a Russian Striker but didn't really feel any players who would move would be value for money. Sold a few players but couldn't really get a good return on any only earning about £200,000 for the two sales.

Transfers:

http://i41.tinypic.com/20hu8b4.png

My First XI:

http://i44.tinypic.com/10o1q38.png

Pre-season went well racking up several high scores in total scored twenty goals and conceded just the one. I chose to play with Eto'o as the long striker with two attacking midfielders supporting him in attack and Ganso playing just behind him as an advanced playmaker. First game in the Premier Division was a tough test right away, Zenit away! Looked like it was going to be a 0-0 draw and then Eto'o popped up in the ninety third minute to score a dramatic late winner!!

Zenit vs. Anji

21l8upl.png

Next up was my first home game of the season against Krylya Samara, finished 5-0 and I shot straight to the top of the Russian Premier Division. Things were looking good so far as my signings seemed to be settling in nicely.

Anji vs. Krylya

2lw5dom.png

Confidence was high after two clean sheets and solid defensive and some clinical finishing in the last game, I knew my next game against Spartak Moscow would be a test, but I felt we had a good chance playing at home, just before the game I was disappointed to find out a few players mainly Eto'o would be unavailable due to International Duty, I felt this would hamper my team but the changes did nothing and the side picked up where we left off winning 3-0!

Anji vs. Spartak Moscow

am635y.png

I had a full squad to choose from once again as I travelled to Rostov for another League game and I was hopeful we could make it four wins from four and show our Rivals we should be considered serious title contenders. Things didn't go as well as I expected in the first half as I found myself a goal down inside ten minutes, but we managed to pull level and go into the break level. Rostov went down to ten men inside the first minute of the second half and we dominated from there on in and won comfortably 4-1 in the end. Only downside was losing Shriskin to injury, but thankfully he will only be out for a few days.

Rostov vs. Anji

2eanz37.png

Things are looking good so far hopefully we can continue this good run over the course of the season and remain competitive in the Premier Division and have good run in the Russian Cup. Will be saving this game on a more regular basis using a few files so if my game fails to load again I have a few I can re-load from.

Archived