(FM2012) Argentinean lower divisions

QTarantino2

Hi guys, we are trying to activate the lower Argentinean divisions, but we are having lots of troubles in order to do that. There were some teams assigned to parent divisions, but we have already corrected that. But in the fourth division there is a failure that indicates that: "Date Range isn't long enough to schedule 98 match date". Really don't know how to correct this. And also we cannot put the Division For Promoted Teams.

Also, the Copa Argentina could not be simulated in the FM2012 as it is in the real life, as it starts in fourth round. Is there a way to add the first three rounds (with lower division teams)?

Anyone can help us? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just been trying this myself - I think the problem is that in the relevant sub division on the 4th division (I think from memory it is the Primera B) you need to specify the min and max number of teams as 20. Otherwise it looks at the min and max teams for the overall 4th division which has a max no of teams of 49 (because of the huge Tourneo group structure on the other side of the pyramid) and calculates that if you run 2 rounds of 49 teams you'll have to play 98 matches.

I'm also having to rebuild the Argentine cup from scratch, which I will test run tonight. I've not added any new teams into the database though, so it is still not fully accurate and only starts at Round 3. There are lots of other limitations compared to real life because the editor doesn't appear to allow you to set up the relegation play-off's as they work in real life; for example I want the 2nd - 8th teams in the league to play-off and the winner of that play-off should play the second bottom team from the league above.

Anyway I should complete testing tonight and would then be willing to share if there is any interest?

One question - does anyone have any info on finances in Argentine football. As it's currently set up I don't think there is any prize money or TV money for any comps other than the Argentine cup?

If any of you would like to try and create the new structures, I would offer full information about them, and teams involved, and of course, full-time testing. It's imposible to create a realistic system, even with the advanced editor. The thing is there's no point in doing that, because average ratings relegation system will be abandoned in 2013, and the full structures for all the divisions are yet to be decided. Best thing to do, I believe, to enjoy the wonderfull experience of playing in a league like the argentinean is to try to create a new file with structures similar to reality. That is not impossible. I know how all divisions work, and know how to describe and picture them if any of you wants to take the challenge. Cheers.

Archived