Brobs17 FM12 Flawless Tactic 12.1

Update again for you Brobs - last was only a couple of posts up -

So - got Bolton promoted after loads of Harrogate promotions - then after 3 months in Prem with Bolton i'd got them nicely midtable after having nothing to spend since getting the job there the year before and spending loads at first.

Then the big boys started calling and Spurs offered me the job - they'd just sacked John Terry who'd only been in the job since the summer before in his first managerial position - loved that bit!

Anyways - seeing as I'm a spurs fan I had to take it - felt crap on Bolton about only being there a year but it's a career save and I must always manage my beloved Spurs asap in the game - rule of mine! Took Spurs from 16th in November to 6th by May - all good.

Now started my first full season at Spurs - cleared out the squad and added loads of great youngsters - was hoping for a great season - started awfully - couldn't get out of the bottom 5 for the first couple of months - then it just kept being sporadic - players playing well and getting good ratings, never shipping that many goals but not scoring loads either - job became insecure - I started papping it thinking I'm for the chop here - not with Spurs please!

We started to turn our form around - couple of key players back from injuries and we're now in January (2020) with us in 8th - great run of form has made my job stable again - but the last 3 months had been really scary and I thought I was so close for the sack - which would in turn have probs put me off this career save for a while!

I think the season started so badly because I completely ripped the squad apart - and especially because the new players are really young - now they're gelling it's starting to get more and more consistent and the strikers are scoring - they seemed to be the area that was the worst at the start of this current season.

Anyways - all looking good again - and I'll keep you posted on further progress and achievements - but basically following this tactic and advice as stated in the OP I've gone from sunday league rep manager at Harrogate Town taking them to the championship - to Bolton from the championship to the Prem - and now Spurs in the Prem to hopefully world domination - tactic definitely works for me!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this tactic, its going great guns for me, I'm 2nd in the prem with Everton in the 3rd season, First season finished 7th and last season finished 7th and won the FA Cup to get a tilt at Europe.

I realise I could have done even better but I do like to bring through the kids, this seasons improvements co-incides with increase in reports saying so and so has shown remarkable improvements

This tactic has worked for me in taking York from the Conference to League 1 but now im Struggling to make an impact in this league. Could somebody just tell me what are there main attributes they look for in each position for the tactic to take up another couple of levels. Is Pace the key? If so what else? Thanks for the tactic I am keping faith with it but need some guidance please.

This tactic has worked for me in taking York from the Conference to League 1 but now im Struggling to make an impact in this league. Could somebody just tell me what are there main attributes they look for in each position for the tactic to take up another couple of levels. Is Pace the key? If so what else? Thanks for the tactic I am keping faith with it but need some guidance please.

I had successive promotions to L1 with Harrogate and then had to spend a couple of seasons there round midtable - simply couldnt attract the right players I think.

Pace is definitely important - especially for the strikers - but pace is always good in all the positions if you can get good enough players there. The usual stats apply to most positions - but get fullbacks and your dm with good stamina and fitness levels as they always get knackered from the forward runs/chasing attackers. The key for me is always finding a great central striker - get a good one who is fast, great finisher and passer and you will go far!

Stick with it cos it has been amazing for me so far - maybe even better than his FM11 version!

P.S. Brobs - won league cup with Spurs against Bolton (old team I left a year ago) so after 18 months a cup won already! And this is still with my ridiculously young squad - we're still only round about 8th though in the league - but I put this down to their youthness - not even a word that is it!

Decided to try this tactic with my Pisa side (2nd Season, promoted to Serie B) because I was getting battered all over the place using the 3-5-2 that did me so well last season.

The first few games with it were awful, lost 6 in a row and had 4 Red Cards - Didn't have a single one in the 1.5 seasons beforehand. Watching the highlights, though, I was seing some excellent attacking football that was suffering because my team had such low morale. A basis for a good template was seen.

So I did a bit of tinkering with it....Switched the tackling to Normal, dropped the CM back into a DCM and the two wide strikers into AML/AMR positions with a higher attacking metality.

Won 6 of the last 10 games of the season to scrape into the relegation playout places and demolished the team I faced 8-2 over the tie.

In the close season, I cleared out a load of seriously unhappy/underperforming/overpaid players and signed up 6-7 decent youngsters released by Serie A clubs and promoted some of my excellent youth team. Won my first 3 games of the new season (4-2 vs Lecce, 1-3 vs Crotone, 0-1 vs Ascoli) and easily dumped two Serie A clubs (Cesena and Torino) out of the Italian Cup on their own grounds.

I had to tinker with the standard tactic to suit my smaller club status, but the basics are really damn good once your side gets used to it. I am sure if you were a Milan/Barca/Arsenal type club, then the standard tactic would work wonders.

Great work :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Omfg! I Have been hassling Brobs17 for ages e-mail after e-mail for an updated tactic for this update patch ((12.1)). I sent him about 90 Ha ha ! He told me after about the 80ith that he had been working on one but didn't want all the hype surrounding it. He said not to tell anyone but I couldn't help it! So decided to start a new season with Wigan without signing anybody and my first game I had to travel to Chelsea, Stamford bridge. A terrible place to start! Well apparantly not! I absolutely dominated the game. I had 17 shots compared the Chelsea's two. And the formation absolutely rocks!!!! Brob told he wanted to base this years tactic on Arsenal invincible season. A formation that was never really concrete and I have to say it really does live up! Amazingly beautiful football and the inter change is fabulous. Now I have no idea when brobs will finish this. In my eyes he should release it right now but I think he wants to be as close as he can to diablo which makes my mouth water. ANYWAY here is here final result and the Lovely looking formation!

<script src='http://img191.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=chelseavwiganinformatio.png&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>chelseavwiganinformatio.png</noscript>

HEY GUYS, WHATS AGAIN I REITERATE THAT THIS TACTIC IS NOT FOR THE CURRENT PATCH (12.1) BUT FOR THE LAST PATCH 12.0.4. THIS TACTIC WAS NOT BUILT FOR THIS PATCH HENCE WHY IT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU. I AM WORKING ON ONE FOR THE CURRENT PATCH WITH A NEW FORMATION.

A Asysemetric 4-1-1-2-2 and its looking very good indeed. Whilst waiting for this tactic follow me on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/#!/Brobs17

HEY GUYS, WHATS AGAIN I REITERATE THAT THIS TACTIC IS NOT FOR THE CURRENT PATCH (12.1) BUT FOR THE LAST PATCH 12.0.4. THIS TACTIC WAS NOT BUILT FOR THIS PATCH HENCE WHY IT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU. I AM WORKING ON ONE FOR THE CURRENT PATCH WITH A NEW FORMATION.

A Asysemetric 4-1-1-2-2 and its looking very good indeed. Whilst waiting for this tactic follow me on Twitter!

Post a link please. A lot of people are still using 12.0.4 patch. Thank you

Hi Brobs - was using this before with great success but the new patch had it stalliing a bit - have been using Hough's which have been great - but the conditioning of some players at the end of a match is awful and the only real drawback, shame cos it's a dynamite of a tactic - loved using Hough's on FM10 and yours for FM11 so anything by you two I know will always be good.

Good luck with the new tactic - hope you get something sorted to be released - top work Brobs!

im using FM11 version on the original unpatched FM12 and its still the dog bollocks! Win lots of games, lots of goals and concede very few.concede most goals from corners & freekicks and lots of cards but thats not really anything to do with the tactic. one of the best out there. im going to adapt it with the STR and STL to cross often though. i keep my workload very high and set to teamwork throughout the season.

Any update on this bad boy Brobs?

Hey guys. I've made a bit of a U turn regarding the Asysmetric one. I Want to release that on the final patch. Because I will be really gutted if I spend lots of time on it and it goes to waste when the patch changes. So we'll all have to wait for the final patch. But thats the bad news.

The good news i've made an updated 4-3-3 for this current patch which is a wonder tactic in itself. Will be releasing as soon as I write the new thread!

Archived